The Biden - Harris Era.

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
a fan

Re: The Biden - Harris Era.

Post by a fan »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:07 pm Others may add to these, but seems to me that we really should 'care' about getting everyone vaccinated and, thus, reducing unnecessary hospitalizations and medical system stress.
I care. But when you have a freaking police union freaking out over mandates-----don't you realize that you can't push any harder? These are public servants who are used to seeing death. If they're so far gone that they won't take an FDA approved vaccine that they know full well will keep them out of the ER?

That's it mate, game over. Reason won't work on these people. It sucks, but here we are, paying the price for the power of the internet.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

a fan wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:39 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:07 pm Others may add to these, but seems to me that we really should 'care' about getting everyone vaccinated and, thus, reducing unnecessary hospitalizations and medical system stress.
I care. But when you have a freaking police union freaking out over mandates-----don't you realize that you can't push any harder? These are public servants who are used to seeing death. If they're so far gone that they won't take an FDA approved vaccine that they know full well will keep them out of the ER?

That's it mate, game over. Reason won't work on these people. It sucks, but here we are, paying the price for the power of the internet.
Yep. I remember debating (no surprise there) about the internet will make society dumber….he argued it would make people smarter. This was pre-Twitter and a few years into Facebook. My rationale was simple. I called computer and the phone were glorified TV and Radio and who ever got smarter watching TV, radio and socializing? On balance I told him that turning over our lives to phone and media companies wasn’t a good thing. A few years ago he said I was right. I was using basic common sense and a little mass media communication knowledge.
“I wish you would!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:44 pm

Yep. I remember debating (no surprise there) about the internet will make society dumber….he argued it would make people smarter. This was pre-Twitter and a few years into Facebook. My rationale was simple. I called computer and the phone were glorified TV and Radio and who ever got smarter watching TV, radio and socializing? On balance I told him that turning over our lives to phone and media companies wasn’t a good thing. A few years ago he said I was right. I was using basic common sense and a little mass media communication knowledge.
Does it make us dumber or make us think we are smarter ;)

Without the internets :lol: , I would have never learned about the fabulous aroma and taste, extracted from an abruzzi rye as it makes its way thru a distillation process and brings forth a floral/lavender accent, enhancing the complexity of a spirit. :D
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:56 pm Without the internets :lol: , I would have never learned about the fabulous aroma and taste, extracted from an abruzzi rye as it makes its way thru a distillation process and brings forth a floral/lavender accent, enhancing the complexity of a spirit. :D
Yes. But if I told you that was a vaccine? You'd check with your doctor before downing a bottle! ;)
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

a fan wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:00 pm
youthathletics wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:56 pm Without the internets :lol: , I would have never learned about the fabulous aroma and taste, extracted from an abruzzi rye as it makes its way thru a distillation process and brings forth a floral/lavender accent, enhancing the complexity of a spirit. :D
Yes. But if I told you that was a vaccine? You'd check with your doctor before downing a bottle! ;)
:lol:
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:56 pm

Without the internets :lol: , I would have never learned about the fabulous aroma and taste, extracted from an abruzzi rye as it makes its way thru a distillation process and brings forth a floral/lavender accent, enhancing the complexity of a spirit. :D
In some cases ways it’s done more harm than good. You can argue that the smartest people to ever walk the planet were born before 1940? An argument someone could make.
“I wish you would!”
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:02 pm
a fan wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:00 pm
:lol:
I enjoy rye. I wouldn't have asked.
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:07 pm I'm clearly not as cool with all these hospitalizations of unvaccinated folks as some of you seem.

Putting aside whether we 'care' about these folks who make a 'decision' not to get vaccinated (as opposed to those who actually shouldn't for a medical reason), let's consider other 'costs':

1) while Delta says hospitalizations have cost them $50k per, another study says $20k (plus outpatient costs, so somewhere in excess of $20k). The bulk of those costs flow through to us as they don't get borne by the actual patient or their family. That study estimated $5.7B already in those costs in US alone.

2) When hospitals and their staffs get stretched to the breaking point, stressed, they lose effectiveness on all the other sorts of medical issues that all the rest of us are bound to have, either ourselves or those we do care about. Whether due to actual capacity as is happening in some hospitals or because staffs make errors or people postpone preventive care, there's a very real cost.

Others may add to these, but seems to me that we really should 'care' about getting everyone vaccinated and, thus, reducing unnecessary hospitalizations and medical system stress.
It's been said by a few on the Covid thread, and is worthy of duplicating here, too.

Vaccination status should be added to the very short list of behavior related questions on a person's health insurance application.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

SCLaxAttack wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:26 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:07 pm I'm clearly not as cool with all these hospitalizations of unvaccinated folks as some of you seem.

Putting aside whether we 'care' about these folks who make a 'decision' not to get vaccinated (as opposed to those who actually shouldn't for a medical reason), let's consider other 'costs':

1) while Delta says hospitalizations have cost them $50k per, another study says $20k (plus outpatient costs, so somewhere in excess of $20k). The bulk of those costs flow through to us as they don't get borne by the actual patient or their family. That study estimated $5.7B already in those costs in US alone.

2) When hospitals and their staffs get stretched to the breaking point, stressed, they lose effectiveness on all the other sorts of medical issues that all the rest of us are bound to have, either ourselves or those we do care about. Whether due to actual capacity as is happening in some hospitals or because staffs make errors or people postpone preventive care, there's a very real cost.

Others may add to these, but seems to me that we really should 'care' about getting everyone vaccinated and, thus, reducing unnecessary hospitalizations and medical system stress.
It's been said by a few on the Covid thread, and is worthy of duplicating here, too.

Vaccination status should be added to the very short list of behavior related questions on a person's health insurance application.
Yup, that's the way to actually share the cost risks with those who think they know better than the docs. ala what Delta is doing directly.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Ohh I quite agree that it's an enormous problem.

If I wanted to really say something dumb, I'd say we've been looking for a way to wash many of these knuckle draggers out of the police force, maybe this is the way? Screw the unions, they're the problem to begin with...

ugh, we need trained, good police.

I do say, let'em sue. Charge those unwilling to get vaccinated for the increased risk, provide an option for weekly testing, mandatory masks.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:13 pm

If I wanted to really say something dumb, I'd say we've been looking for a way to wash many of these knuckle draggers out of the police force, maybe this is the way? Screw the unions, they're the problem to begin with...

I do say, let'em sue. Charge those unwilling to get vaccinated for the increased risk, provide an option for weekly testing, mandatory masks.
"Screw the unions" does that apply to teachers and federal workers as well? How do you define a knuckle dragging police officer? How many of these knuckle draggers have spent countless hours in the ED after being assaulted on the job. How many of your "knuckle dragging" customers have ever punched you in your face and sent you to the ED? You don't know jack chit about what the reality is for police officers that patrol the mean streets. My nephew did it for 5 years. After a freaked out crack head got his gun and almost shot him in the head your attitude changes. The easy answer is that TLD tells me if you can't stand the heat then find another job. My nephew has serious PTSD issues and has tried a couple of times to kill himself. He lives in Las Vegas now with his dogs. Smokes a lot of weed and is still messed up. Was he a knuckle dragger when he first joined the force? No he wasn't, he became a victim of a police force that is hated and disrespected by the people they serve. That is not a reality he had any part in. That mistrust that has been generations in the making. This is one of my nephew's memories of his time on the force. His is patrolling on Hudson Ave in Rochester at zero dark thirty. A car flies by him weaving all over the place as it blows through a red light. He pulls the car over. Driver berates him why he is hassling a black man. He explains, or tries to explain why he pulled him over. The eff bombs start to flow and the accusations of him being a racist soon follow. So the drunk dude tries to reach through the window and punch my nephew. The accusations fly that my nephew only pulled him over because he was black. My nephew tells the drunken moron this bit of wisdom. Until I walked up to your car your tinted windows made it impossible for me to see who was in your car. In case you didn't know, not a lot of white boys drive down Hudson Ave at this time of night. My nephew, the knuckle dragger that he was called the guys wife. He let her park is car off the road the knuckle dragger he was then followed them home and did not arrest his drunk ass. That is what knuckle dragging police officers do. They have no sense of humanity at all.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:09 am

"Screw the unions" does that apply to teachers and federal workers as well? How do you define a knuckle dragging police officer? How many of these knuckle draggers have spent countless hours in the ED after being assaulted on the job. How many of your "knuckle dragging" customers have ever punched you in your face and sent you to the ED? You don't know jack chit about what the reality is for police officers that patrol the mean streets. My nephew did it for 5 years. After a freaked out crack head got his gun and almost shot him in the head your attitude changes. The easy answer is that TLD tells me if you can't stand the heat then find another job. My nephew has serious PTSD issues and has tried a couple of times to kill himself. He lives in Las Vegas now with his dogs. Smokes a lot of weed and is still messed up. Was he a knuckle dragger when he first joined the force? No he wasn't, he became a victim of a police force that is hated and disrespected by the people they serve. That is not a reality he had any part in. That mistrust that has been generations in the making. This is one of my nephew's memories of his time on the force. His is patrolling on Hudson Ave in Rochester at zero dark thirty. A car flies by him weaving all over the place as it blows through a red light. He pulls the car over. Driver berates him why he is hassling a black man. He explains, or tries to explain why he pulled him over. The eff bombs start to flow and the accusations of him being a racist soon follow. So the drunk dude tries to reach through the window and punch my nephew. The accusations fly that my nephew only pulled him over because he was black. My nephew tells the drunken moron this bit of wisdom. Until I walked up to your car your tinted windows made it impossible for me to see who was in your car. In case you didn't know, not a lot of white boys drive down Hudson Ave at this time of night. My nephew, the knuckle dragger that he was called the guys wife. He let her park is car off the road the knuckle dragger he was then followed them home and did not arrest his drunk ass. That is what knuckle dragging police officers do. They have no sense of humanity at all.
As I've told you many times in the past, I am never speaking about your nephew nor any specific individual cop...(unless I name them specifically). I have friends in the police, including a HS classmate.

Please read with a little more effort at comprehension what I wrote, including the opening phrase "If I wanted to say something dumb"...

But ok, yes, there are indeed some, indeed too many, "knuckle dragger" cops...racists, sexists, numbskulls...fact. And also fact, the police unions in many/most areas have protected them from being canned when all of us would have been better off with them off the force.

I then said, "ugh, we need trained, good police."

Try to change the subject in your usual personally affronted way, but that's what I wrote.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:56 pm

Do they even teach the concept of primary source research/information anymore?
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Here’s a knuckle dragger named Corey Minor. I know all about him.

https://www.wicz.com/story/44530970/bin ... -incidents
Last edited by Farfromgeneva on Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

I read what you said very clearly. By the time my nephew left the force he was one of those knuckle draggers you speak of. He developed a racial animosity towards the people he was serving. He was not that officer when he started the job. By the time he was taken off the force he probably was a racist. You would have called him a knuckle dragger. When you spend 5 years of your life risking your life every shift and everybody hates you for doing your job. My nephew today still has huge resentments that he deals with by getting high every day. What you need to ask is how these officers become knuckle draggers? IMO it develops out of cynicism and frustration. I don't understand how so many police officers today handle the pressure of the job. Most of us do not go to work every day with the understanding the people we serve hate us to the core.
Bob Ross:
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:22 am

As I've told you many times in the past, I am never speaking about your nephew nor any specific individual cop...(unless I name them specifically). I have friends in the police, including a HS classmate.

Please read with a little more effort at comprehension what I wrote, including the opening phrase "If I wanted to say something dumb"...

But ok, yes, there are indeed some, indeed too many, "knuckle dragger" cops...racists, sexists, numbskulls...fact. And also fact, the police unions in many/most areas have protected them from being canned when all of us would have been better off with them off the force.

Try to change the subject in your usual personally affronted way, but that's what I wrote.
If it isn’t happening in the greater Rochester area it isn’t happenign
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:54 am

Well Rochester has a newly minted Police Accountability Board. All the issues will soon be behind them. Police Officers being judged by people who hate the police and never carried a badge or patrolled the streets. Why don't we have parole boards run by former cops?
Bob Ross:
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:59 am

Well Rochester has a newly minted Police Accountability Board. All the issues will soon be behind them. Police Officers being judged by people who hate the police and never carried a badge or patrolled the streets. Why don't we have parole boards run by former cops?
What????
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

SCLaxAttack wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:26 pm

as should, their cell phone usage on social media
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:01 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:59 am

What????
What what??? Who is authorized to police the police? Should it be people who hate the police. The bad of Rochester is trying to invent a PAB with a built in bias against the police baked into their cake. Why not use the same dumb ass logic to allow former police assigned to all parole boards. They can call it a releasing dangerous felons accountability board. Let me know how that suggestion works for mainstream liberals
Bob Ross:

Return to “POLITICS”