Trump's Russian Collusion

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
ggait

Re: IMPEACHMENT ...from Mueller to Ukraine to ??

Post by ggait »

that he would wage a yuuuge economic war on Turkey.
You know there's twin Trump Towers in Istanbul, right? That Erdogan has previously threatened to shut down?
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Trinity wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:52 pm https://www.newsweek.com/exclusive-offi ... ne-1463623

Official on Turkey call says Trump got rolled.
"President Trump was definitely out-negotiated and only endorsed the troop withdraw to make it look like we are getting something—but we are not getting something," the National Security Council source told Newsweek. "The U.S. national security has entered a state of increased danger for decades to come because the president has no spine and that's the bottom line."
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
LandM

Post by LandM »

afan,
My words could have been better written. Saying that, there are allot of voters - that believe Trump doing what he is doing is bringing the elites down (yes I know he is one as do most) but people are talking about political elites. We could have had Bush, Clinton, Bush, Obama, Clinton/Bush - I think people are worn out with the political class - it is like living in France - hey lets go to this really elite college and now we are able to run the government. In my travels the last 6 months - people are exhausted with it. Using the term punching someone in the face is an old saying I learned a long time ago. I think if more people got off the keyboard and explored it and met people - I met more Peter Brown people frankly- people in this country are very generous and they do not care what label you wear on your sleeve. Need a hand, they will give it to you.
LandM

Post by LandM »

Another Newsweek reference - that has not credible for most - let me find some Playboy or Rolling Stones stuff to add
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

LandM wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:56 pm afan,
My words could have been better written. Saying that, there are allot of voters - that believe Trump doing what he is doing is bringing the elites down (yes I know he is one as do most) but people are talking about political elites. We could have had Bush, Clinton, Bush, Obama, Clinton/Bush - I think people are worn out with the political class - it is like living in France - hey lets go to this really elite college and now we are able to run the government. In my travels the last 6 months - people are exhausted with it. Using the term punching someone in the face is an old saying I learned a long time ago. I think if more people got off the keyboard and explored it and met people - I met more Peter Brown people frankly- people in this country are very generous and they do not care what label you wear on your sleeve. Need a hand, they will give it to you.
Stop... have been to Ohio and Indiana.... took a picture of Love's just for you..... stop.... Brother home from Kentucky.... People there are sick of the guy too.....Buddy from West Virginia said he gave the guy a chance and he is a fraud..... Trump ain't the one.
“I wish you would!”
LandM

Post by LandM »

TLD,
I cannot tell you how many Love's we have stopped at - too bad we cannot get shares for each dollar of gas :lol:
Not saying he is the one but there are people who do agree with him and those that do not;
I will be by-passing the Presidential vote next year like I did the last go around;
IMHO we need some young blood with thought out ideas that can unite this country - I do not see it so hopefully we can get a surprise along the way - hope and change :D
a fan

Post by a fan »

LandM wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:56 pm afan,
When I meet Trump fans who want to discuss politics, I do three things.

1. I don't call him Trump. I call him "the leader of our Federal Government".
2. I ask them: are the 1%ers richer, or poorer since Trump arrived?
3. I ask them: is the Federal Government bigger or smaller since Trump arrived?

That cuts through allllll the nonsense chaff and white noise. Best response so far is the same response they all give----"he's trying".

No. He isn't.

If someone wants to support Trump, that's fine. But they don't to invent their own reality to justify their support. Someone who had Bill and Hillary at their wedding isn't----not by any stretch of the definition------not part of the "political elite".
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Support for Impeachment Inquiry is up 21% since July. Almost half of America wants Impeachment and removal. WP/ GM poll

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... story.html
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Trinity wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:54 am Support for Impeachment Inquiry is up 21% since July. Almost half of America wants Impeachment and removal. WP/ GM poll

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... story.html
From John Harwood's tweet this morning referencing this poll:
28% of Republicans, and 58% of all Americans, favor House impeachment inquiry

18% of Republicans, and 49% overall, favor Trump’s impeachment and removal

danger to Trump rising fast
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Ambassador Sondland is a last-minute no-show at Congress, on the order of Mike Pompeo. The Cover-up just kicked into second gear.
LandM

Post by LandM »

afan,
When I had my companies I was accosted by politicians on a weekly basis.....everybody wants to kiss your behind and photo ops. They wanted to use us as campaign fodder and in turn, we had a few "consultants" who said we could get tax breaks if we moved to SC. That cra$ goes on all day long. So now he goes to a wedding - he is looking for favors - I know a ton of businessmen who do the same. Unfortunately this is not unusual and no I do not agree with it and I finally told my BD guy to stop. It was embarrassing. But it does happen.
LandM

Post by LandM »

What is the cover-up if the Ambassador of Scotland is a no show?
LandM

Post by LandM »

Sorry - I meant Ambassador Sonland (spelling)
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

LandM wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:08 pm TLD,
I cannot tell you how many Love's we have stopped at - too bad we cannot get shares for each dollar of gas :lol:
Not saying he is the one but there are people who do agree with him and those that do not;
I will be by-passing the Presidential vote next year like I did the last go around; Why is that?
IMHO we need some young blood with thought out ideas that can unite this country -So vote for Mayor Pete ;) I do not see it so hopefully we can get a surprise along the way - hope and change :D
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

He talked directly to Trump between the incriminating Bill Taylor texts. He’s got nothing officially to do with Ukraine. He was likely going to tell the truth. He flew back from Brussels to do it. White House made the decision this morning to stifle him. Schiff wants his personal phone.
ggait

Post by ggait »

Hey — what is with state dept personnel conducting official business not on the official system?

I vaguely recall that was supposed to be an outrageous menace and threat to the republic? :roll:
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

ggait wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:42 am Hey — what is with state dept personnel conducting official business not on the official system?

I vaguely recall that was supposed to be an outrageous menace and threat to the republic? :roll:
IOKIYAR - It's OK if you are a Republican...
njbill

Post by njbill »

LandM wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:47 am What is the cover-up if the Ambassador of Scotland is a no show?
Because he was going to explain the 18 minute, I mean five hour, gap.
LandM

Post by LandM »

forever,
I am not voting for the big office but will vote for the rest of the options - I do not believe in any of the front runners on the d side and and I am not plugging my nose. Hopefully somebody will notice that I voted now twice for all the other issues/offices but this one - it is a protest vote. I could write in Mickey Mouse but to me that is offensive to voters.

I would rather see Tulsi be given a shot - I like her policies more
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Trinity wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:02 am He talked directly to Trump between the incriminating Bill Taylor texts. He’s got nothing officially to do with Ukraine. He was likely going to tell the truth. He flew back from Brussels to do it. White House made the decision this morning to stifle him. Schiff wants his personal phone.
Sondlund is acting like a guy that knows he has a problem and wants to get right with Jesus. He is not going to go down for Orange Duce. We will see how he reacts to a subpoena.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM

Return to “POLITICS”