2020 Elections - Trump FIRED

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
old salt

Re: 2020 Elections - Enough Divisiveness Already

Post by old salt »

ggait wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:22 pm
Jeh Johnson would have been perfect.

Corey Booker was ready and such an obvious pick.
Like Petey and Salty would ever vote for Biden. :roll:

Hate to break it to you guys, but...

http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/3qgdv1

https://memegenerator.net/instance/6595 ... -waaaaahhh
I would contribute to Biden's campaign if he chose Jeh Johnson as his VP.

Just like I would nave contributed for Jim Webb in 2016.
He was my favorite over any of the (R) candidates.

The (D)'s just need to offer a credible alternative to Trump.

The fact that the (D)'s won't offer a candidate like Webb or Johnson is their problem.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

old salt wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:13 pm
ggait wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:22 pm
Jeh Johnson would have been perfect.

Corey Booker was ready and such an obvious pick.
Like Petey and Salty would ever vote for Biden. :roll:

Hate to break it to you guys, but...

http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/3qgdv1

https://memegenerator.net/instance/6595 ... -waaaaahhh
I would contribute to Biden's campaign if he chose Jeh Johnson as his VP.

Just like I would nave contributed for Jim Webb in 2016.
He was my favorite over any of the (R) candidates.

The (D)'s just need to offer a credible alternative to Trump.

The fact that the (D)'s won't offer a candidate like Webb or Johnson is their problem.
MANA
“I wish you would!”
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

a fan wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:36 pm "Whether you call it Vote by Mail or Absentee Voting, in Florida the election system is Safe and Secure, Tried and True. Florida's Voting system has been cleaned up (we defeated Democrats attempts at change), so in Florida I encourage all to request a Ballot & Vote by Mail! #MAGA," he tweeted.

Translation: someone told Trump and the Republicans that they'll be swept out of office if their elderly base can't vote by mail.

As if we didn't know that already.

Please, Forum Republicans: end all non-in person voting. Fraud is rampant. You MUST shut it all down.
trump hasn't figured out he shouldn't take questions on science. just read some stats and pass it off. he certaintly shouldn't be shuffling graphs 1 v 1 and not have any lead blockers.

florida has had a big? chunk of mail in voting in the past. problems at the local level and pos that they'd probably like not to be in the spotlight for again.

who won and lost what?
https://www.tampabay.com/florida-politi ... ettlement/

sounds like more drop boxes and they'll be advertised, maybe some prepaid ballots depending on local districts. and they'll release any other negotiated reforms. hopefully they figure out something for the blind.

also sounds like legislators are working together, what we pay them and elect them for. maybe that can be the future?
a fan

Post by a fan »

wgdsr wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:29 pm also sounds like legislators are working together, what we pay them and elect them for. maybe that can be the future?
We have that in my State----legislators, largely speaking, working together--------and I hope that never changes.

It ain't perfect, and we have more than a few problems that aren't getting fixed, but......we steer a pretty moderate course as a result of R's and D's working together, and compromising. It gets more contentious with each passing year, and partisan media stoking the stupidity.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:50 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:27 pm
njbill wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:43 pm Do you know who is most interested in Biden’s pick: Mike Pence, because the selection may determine whether Mikey is given a bus ticket back to Indiana.
Agreed.

I think there’s an outside shot Trump asks Pence to take some meaningless temporary role and replaces him with Nikki Haley who gives Trump comfort she’ll protect him. Something like that.

The thing is, Biden is an idiot for boxing himself in this year. Corey Booker was ready and such an obvious pick. Not one woman he’s considering doesn’t carry downsides.
Jeh Johnson would have been perfect. With covid, there'll be no rallies, convention or stump speeches. Don't need a show horse this election.
Great on tv. Gravitas. Bipartisan. Moderate. Patriot. DHS, DoD & DoJ experience. The perfect awaiting President for this point in our history.
The Dems gave you Biden. He's no lefty, as you know.

The VP pick will be a slight nod to the left. To the Bernie crowd.

You and I would both be thrilled with Johnson. Knows how to get things done, and has the respect of both parties. A useful trait if McConnell gets the boot.
ggait

Post by ggait »

Good to see that FL settlement.

I hope other states embrace drop boxes. That solves so many issues.

Here in CO, 100% of the ballots go out via mail. But like 75% of them get voted by drop off.

So it really isn’t “mail in” voting for most people.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

ggait wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:46 pm Good to see that FL settlement.

I hope other states embrace drop boxes. That solves so many issues.

Here in CO, 100% of the ballots go out via mail. But like 75% of them get voted by drop off.

So it really isn’t “mail in” voting for most people.
Yup, this is the way to do it.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

a fan wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:20 pm
njbill wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:43 pm Do you know who is most interested in Biden’s pick: Mike Pence, because the selection may determine whether Mikey is given a bus ticket back to Indiana.
Agreed.

I think there’s an outside shot Trump asks Pence to take some meaningless temporary role and replaces him with Nikki Haley who gives Trump comfort she’ll protect him. Something like that.

The thing is, Biden is an idiot for boxing himself in this year. Corey Booker was ready and such an obvious pick. Not one woman he’s considering doesn’t carry downsides.
Jeh Johnson would have been perfect. With covid, there'll be no rallies, convention or stump speeches. Don't need a show horse this election.
Great on tv. Gravitas. Bipartisan. Moderate. Patriot. DHS, DoD & DoJ experience. The perfect awaiting President for this point in our history.

You and I would both be thrilled with Johnson. Knows how to get things done, and has the respect of both parties. A useful trait if McConnell gets the boot.
Jeh Johnson doesn't have a cervix.

Heres how insane you folks are.

CNN redefined women as “individuals with a cervix” in a tweet reporting on updated recommendations for cervical cancer screenings from the American Cancer Society Friday.

“Individuals with a cervix are now recommended to start cervical cancers screening at 25 and continue through age 65, with HPV testing every five years as the preferred method of testing, according to a new guidelines released by the American Cancer Society,” CNN published.

https://thefederalist.com/2020/07/31/cn ... -a-cervix/
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

6ftstick wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:55 am
a fan wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:20 pm
Agreed.

Jeh Johnson doesn't have a cervix.

Heres how insane you folks are.

CNN redefined women as “individuals with a cervix” in a tweet reporting on updated recommendations for cervical cancer screenings from the American Cancer Society Friday.

“Individuals with a cervix are now recommended to start cervical cancers screening at 25 and continue through age 65, with HPV testing every five years as the preferred method of testing, according to a new guidelines released by the American Cancer Society,” CNN published.

https://thefederalist.com/2020/07/31/cn ... -a-cervix/

"individuals" with a cervix? Doesn't that mean women?

(coincidentally, I am now convinced that many of the Fanlax Dems are individuals with cervixes :lol: )
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

An explanation for why Biden leads in some polls

A new poll commissioned by the libertarian Cato Institute and released on Wednesday suggests that nearly two-thirds of Americans are afraid to share their political views.

According to the poll, 62% of Americans — and 77% of Republicans — are afraid to share their views.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Joe welcomes you to the gutter. ;)
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

6ftstick wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:12 am An explanation for why Biden leads in some polls

A new poll commissioned by the libertarian Cato Institute and released on Wednesday suggests that nearly two-thirds of Americans are afraid to share their political views.

According to the poll, 62% of Americans — and 77% of Republicans — are afraid to share their views.

It also explains why Democrats are more nervous than their 15 point lead would suggest...
njbill

Post by njbill »

6ftstick wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:12 am An explanation for why Biden leads in some polls

Maybe (likely) with their friends, neighbors, and co-workers, but I don’t agree people don’t tell pollsters the truth. Makes no logical sense. Why would you lie to a pollster? It’s an anonymous call. It’s not face-to-face. If you don’t want to answer the questions, hang up.

By the way, the national polls were pretty darn accurate in 2016. Why would this year be any different?

Oh, and if what Cato says is true, maybe Joe’s lead is bigger than reflected in the polls. ;)
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

njbill wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:32 am

Maybe (likely) with their friends, neighbors, and co-workers, but I don’t agree people don’t tell pollsters the truth. Makes no logical sense. Why would you lie to a pollster? It’s an anonymous call. It’s not face-to-face. If you don’t want to answer the questions, hang up.

By the way, the national polls were pretty darn accurate in 2016. Why would this year be any different?

Oh, and if what Cato says is true, maybe Joe’s lead is bigger than reflected in the polls. ;)

Why would anyone answer a poll other than crazed libs? You can be fired for expressing political views.

https://www.businessinsider.com/you-can ... ews-2017-1

"Political activity retaliation is not covered by the federal laws that generally prohibit retaliation based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, and disability for private employers, or by the laws protecting against retaliation on the basis of union or concerted activity."
njbill

Post by njbill »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:27 am It also explains why Democrats are more nervous than their 15 point lead would suggest...
Nah, Ds aren’t nervous. That’s not to say they are taking the election for granted. Of course they aren’t. There are still three months to go. There certainly will be big developments that aren’t apparent right now that could impact the outcome.

Sure, Biden could stumble. On the other hand, Trump could implode even more that he has already this year.

National polls are meaningless. The only thing that is important is polls in the swing states. Most of those states are pretty close, some very close. Could Trump once again draw to an inside straight? Sure, in theory. Do you play poker? How often does that work out?

If there are any nerves (I would call it concerns), it is due to the fact that Trump is going to try to steal the election using whatever means, legal or illegal, he can. It will be a battle to tamp down all of his shenanigans.
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

njbill wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:47 am
Peter Brown wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:27 am It also explains why Democrats are more nervous than their 15 point lead would suggest...
Nah, Ds aren’t nervous. That’s not to say they are taking the election for granted. Of course they aren’t. There are still three months to go. There certainly will be big developments that aren’t apparent right now that could impact the outcome.

Sure, Biden could stumble. On the other hand, Trump could implode even more that he has already this year.

National polls are meaningless. The only thing that is important is polls in the swing states. Most of those states are pretty close, some very close. Could Trump once again draw to an inside straight? Sure, in theory. Do you play poker? How often does that work out?

If there are any nerves (I would call it concerns), it is due to the fact that Trump is going to try to steal the election using whatever means, legal or illegal, he can. It will be a battle to tamp down all of his shenanigans.
Of course they're nervous.

Why do you think they're insisting on mail in ballots.

Why are teachers trying to keep schools closed.

Why won't Joe Biden come out of his basement.

Why is the MSM sh*tting all over debates now.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:34 am Why would anyone answer a poll other than crazed libs? You can be fired for expressing political views.

https://www.businessinsider.com/you-can ... ews-2017-1

"Political activity retaliation is not covered by the federal laws that generally prohibit retaliation based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, and disability for private employers, or by the laws protecting against retaliation on the basis of union or concerted activity."
Well, Pete, if only “crazed libs” answered polls, then Trump’s numbers would be zeros across the board. So I guess you have disapproved your own thesis.

How is your employer going to know how you have anonymously answered poll questions? Do you tell your boss you are a Trumpist?
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

youthathletics wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:16 am
Joe welcomes you to the gutter. ;)
Old friend, we have been wallowing in a putrid swamp since the Trumps drove into town. Joe is, at the very least, a decent human being, with real emotions.
njbill

Post by njbill »

6ftstick wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:50 am Of course they're nervous.

Why do you think they're insisting on mail in ballots.

Why are teachers trying to keep schools closed.

Why won't Joe Biden come out of his basement.

Why is the MSM sh*tting all over debates now.
I think you know the answers to these questions, but I will play.

So that voters will be able to vote without endangering their health at polling places.

So that they don’t get infected from the kids they teach.

Because the strategy is working swimmingly. Maybe Trump should take a page out of Joe’s book and shut up.

Don’t know what you are talking about on the last one unless you’re referring to Trump’s proposal that there be 7 or 10 or 15 debates starting next week.

The rules have been set for the debates. Biden is fine with them. The media is fine with them. The only one who isn’t is Trump because he is losing so badly.

Return to “POLITICS”