Trumpista fascists on the march

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
CU77

Re: Trumpista fascists on the march

Post by CU77 »

Trump's plan to steal the election by disenfranchising millions of valid votes continues unabated:
Postal Service warns 46 states their voters could be disenfranchised by delayed mail-in ballots
https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/md ... story.html
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

CU77 wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:53 pm Trump's plan to steal the election by disenfranchising millions of valid votes continues unabated:
Postal Service warns 46 states their voters could be disenfranchised by delayed mail-in ballots
Are the Russians involved too? I always suspected the USPS and them commies were in bed together. The Chicoms must be in on this to.
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:39 am
CU77 wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:53 pm Trump's plan to steal the election by disenfranchising millions of valid votes continues unabated:
Are the Russians involved too? I always suspected the USPS and them commies were in bed together. The Chicoms must be in on this to.
A HS friend of mine is an ANC commissioner in one of the Wards in DC....democrat for life. He is also complaining about how bad mail in voting is. He and his parents, who also live in DC, never received their ballots.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

youthathletics wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:12 am
A HS friend of mine is an ANC commissioner in one of the Wards in DC....democrat for life. He is also complaining about how bad mail in voting is. He and his parents, who also live in DC, never received their ballots.
WWJS?
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:27 am
youthathletics wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:12 am
WWJS?
Dont forget the stamp. The USPS does not deliver mail without postage. That is what Jesus would say.
CU77

Post by CU77 »

Posted late Monday night:
Postal union officials: 10 mail-sorting machines removed in Michigan
https://www.crainsdetroit.com/infrastru ... d-michigan
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

No one uses the post office for 2 decades. Not a peep. No one gives a rat’s behind. Talk of the postal service being shut down and limited to just a couple days a week and downsized for years. Radio silence. No one cares.

Now, suddenly before the election, Pelosi cares about the mail and the 2 decade trend that set these wheels in motion is ignored. I’m stunned that the postal UNION is complaining about postal downsizing. Really? That’s not like them. You don’t say. Shocked, I tell you.

We were told that exposure to Covid for Protests is an acceptable risk... for democracy and our country

Now we are told that exposure to Covid for Voting is not an acceptable risk... for democracy and our country.

Why is that?
Typical Lax Dad

We have become Nicaragua.
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

CU77 wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:45 am Posted late Monday night:
Whoopsie

The Obama-Biden administration removed 14,000 mailboxes over the five fiscal years ending in 2017, according to the U.S. Postal Service Inspector General.

More were likely removed before that. In 2009, cost-cutting was urgent at the postal service, with the postmaster general considering reducing delivery to five or even three days per week.

U.S. Postal Service spokesperson Kimberly Frum, told The Hill:

“It is a fluid process and figures can vary from day-to-day,” Frum said. “Historically, mail boxes have been removed for lack of use and installed in growth areas.”

“When a collection box consistently receives very small amounts of mail for months on end, it costs the Postal Service money in fuel and workhours for letter carriers to drive to the mailbox and collect the mail. Removing the box is simply good business sense in that respect. It is important to note that anyone with a residential or business mailbox can use it as a vehicle to send outgoing mail.”
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

6ftstick wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:24 am
CU77 wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:45 am Posted late Monday night:
Whoopsie

The Obama-Biden administration removed 14,000 mailboxes over the five fiscal years ending in 2017, according to the U.S. Postal Service Inspector General.

More were likely removed before that. In 2009, cost-cutting was urgent at the postal service, with the postmaster general considering reducing delivery to five or even three days per week.

U.S. Postal Service spokesperson Kimberly Frum, told The Hill:

“It is a fluid process and figures can vary from day-to-day,” Frum said. “Historically, mail boxes have been removed for lack of use and installed in growth areas.”

“When a collection box consistently receives very small amounts of mail for months on end, it costs the Postal Service money in fuel and workhours for letter carriers to drive to the mailbox and collect the mail. Removing the box is simply good business sense in that respect. It is important to note that anyone with a residential or business mailbox can use it as a vehicle to send outgoing mail.”
Good points in your post foot. My wife and I have clothspinned our outgoing letters to our mailbox for a long time. I'm guessing you could do the same with a mail in ballot, as long as you have a letter carrier that delivers mail to your mailbox. I'm sure some folks on this forum will point out the flaws in that pretty quickly. :D
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

Removing mailboxes, closing post offices and other cost cutting measures can be justified.

What is the reasoning behind removing mail sorting machines?
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

holmes435 wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:38 am Removing mailboxes, closing post offices and other cost cutting measures can be justified.

maintenance??? maybe they needed to be repaired or overhauled. Were they working properly? The head honcho of the PO will be asked all those questions by Congress very soon. Maybe he will have the answer to that? Maybe he will be blowing smoke up our butts. We will find out soon. I would suppose if we went into the elections and these sorting machines were not working properly the outrage about why they were not repaired would be equally intense as removing them. :roll:
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

holmes435 wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:38 am Removing mailboxes, closing post offices and other cost cutting measures can be justified.

The Postal Service sent a statement to KWCH, saying it routinely moves around equipment to match its mail and package volumes.
"Additionally, we are retiring older, out of date equipment so that we can expand our newer sorting equipment that can handle as many as 30,000 letters an hour. This will increase our capacity and our efficiency to handle increased package volume as well as any current letter and flat volume. This is a multi-year effort that prepares us for the future," the statement read.

Nineteen sorting machines from five processing facilities across the country have been removed or are scheduled to be removed shortly, Motherboard reported via VICE.

theGrio spoke to a Michigan postmaster, who was willing to be quoted anonymously, about the changes happening in her district on Friday.

“Yes, I know a couple of mechanics that are removing some sorting machines. Some were removed last year due to malfunction,” the source shared. She also noted why some machines are being withdrawn from the facility.

She explained, “Short staffing is the reason some will be removed. The machines being removed means that more zip codes will have to be run on one machine as opposed to having multiple others.”
Typical Lax Dad

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:45 am

maintenance??? maybe they needed to be repaired or overhauled. Were they working properly? The head honcho of the PO will be asked all those questions by Congress very soon. Maybe he will have the answer to that? Maybe he will be blowing smoke up our butts. We will find out soon. I would suppose if we went into the elections and these sorting machines were not working properly the outrage about why they were not repaired would be equally intense as removing them. :roll:
During election season? Everyone should send their A/C our for service in the Summer.
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:52 am

During election season? Everyone should send their A/C our for service in the Summer.
The post office processes and delivers 190 million pieces of First class mail daily.

Theres no issue with the post office.

The issue with democrats creating another fake news story in their effort to smear trump.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

6ftstick wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:33 am

The post office processes and delivers 190 million pieces of First class mail daily.

The issue with democrats creating another fake news story in their effort to smear trump.
It is NOT a fake new story - mail is being delayed - and this has been verified. Stories popping up in particular of delayed benefit checks and missing mailed medications.

The biggest change has been the removal of overtime...
Typical Lax Dad

6ftstick wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:33 am

OK
njbill

Post by njbill »

I took my mail sorting machine into the shop yesterday to get fixed. Asked them when they thought it might be ready. They said November 4.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

njbill wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:26 am

I took my mail sorting machine into the shop yesterday to get fixed. Asked them when they thought it might be ready. They said November 4.
:lol:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

njbill wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:26 am

Must be a union shop. :)

Return to “POLITICS”