Progressive Ideology

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
jhu72

Re: Progressive Ideology

Post by jhu72 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 10:38 am
jhu72 wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 10:32 am
Peter Brown wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 8:36 am
tech37 wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 8:00 am seacoaster, I'm sure you're busy but when convenient (and if you care to) I'd be interested to get your opinion of this piece. As usual, I was skeptical this was just another biased article except for the number of personal account quotes from people within legal circles, who despite their political leanings, seem to substantiate.

The Takeover of America's Legal System

https://bariweiss.substack.com/p/the-ta ... system?s=r

"Not so much anymore. Now, the politicization and tribalism of campus life have crowded out old-fashioned expectations about justice and neutrality. The imperatives of race, gender and identity are more important to more and more law students than due process, the presumption of innocence, and all the norms and values at the foundation of what we think of as the rule of law."

That’s a scary article. Of course the usual suspects here won’t read it, and if they do, they’ll minimize the woke cancer infecting wide swaths of America.

Any company prioritizing their DEI or ESG departments, or even if they have a DEI and ESG department, should be shunned. Patronize companies like Home Depot, Sheetz, Cracker Barrel, Chick Fil-a, Sturm Ruger, Cintas, Coinbase, Thomas Duff, Scottrade, Bass Pro Shops, Dicks, Caterpillar, Black Rifle Coffee, Uline, Nathan’s Famous, New Balance, Goya, New Balance, and of course, MyPillow!
... more dumbassary! Home Depot has an ESG program, that they advertise to customers and investors. ESG's are not departments! They are company wide programs / processes implemented across departments. Just pulling it out of your ass as usual. :roll: :roll:

Home Depot ESG Report fpr 2021
It's all marketing. If you think this is a priority for many of these companies I've got a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you. These companies have one guy who counts LED lightbulbs and writes a report each year. It's worth the price of his overhead salary to show "we're trying!" and stay off the woke mob's hit list.
... of course that is how it is "used" once you do it -- you tell people about it. This is very much like ISO and other good manufacturing standards. You can't do it with a single department - it has to be corporate wide. To the extent that there might be a single department (more likely a single individual) involved, it is to act as the focal point for managing the measurement process -- not doing the measurements. It is not about just counting light bulbs. You can have the janitor do that.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 10:46 am
tech37 wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 8:00 am seacoaster, I'm sure you're busy but when convenient (and if you care to) I'd be interested to get your opinion of this piece. As usual, I was skeptical this was just another biased article except for the number of personal account quotes from people within legal circles, who despite their political leanings, seem to substantiate.

"Not so much anymore. Now, the politicization and tribalism of campus life have crowded out old-fashioned expectations about justice and neutrality. The imperatives of race, gender and identity are more important to more and more law students than due process, the presumption of innocence, and all the norms and values at the foundation of what we think of as the rule of law."

That’s a scary article. Of course the usual suspects here won’t read it, and if they do, they’ll minimize the woke cancer infecting wide swaths of America.

Any company prioritizing their DEI or ESG departments, or even if they have a DEI and ESG department, should be shunned. Patronize companies like Home Depot, Sheetz, Cracker Barrel, Chick Fil-a, Sturm Ruger, Cintas, Coinbase, Thomas Duff, Scottrade, Bass Pro Shops, Dicks, Caterpillar, Black Rifle Coffee, Uline, Nathan’s Famous, New Balance, Goya, New Balance, and of course, MyPillow!
... more dumbassary! Home Depot has an ESG program, that they advertise to customers and investors. ESG's are not departments! They are company wide programs / processes implemented across departments. Just pulling it out of your ass as usual. :roll: :roll:

It's all marketing. If you think this is a priority for many of these companies I've got a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you. These companies have one guy who counts LED lightbulbs and writes a report each year. It's worth the price of his overhead salary to show "we're trying!" and stay off the woke mob's hit list.

+1

Also, Home Depot goes on the ‘approved’ list strictly because both Bernie Marcus and Ken Langone (2 of the 3 founders) are very conservative patriotic Americans.
:lol: :lol: You fool NO ONE. I knew immediately when looking at your list why Home Depot appeared first on your list. It was the "tell" that what you wrote was BULLSH*T. :lol:
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

jhu72 wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 10:58 am

... of course that is how it is "used" once you do it -- you tell people about it. This is very much like ISO and other good manufacturing standards. You can't do it with a single department - it has to be corporate wide. To the extent that there might be a single department (more likely a single individual) involved, it is to act as the focal point for managing the measurement process -- not doing the measurements. It is not about just counting light bulbs. You can have the janitor do that.
My point is it's not necessarily a corporate movement or a way of life. Even if the company says it is. The janitor doesn't keep track of light bulbs. The marketing guy sends a mandatory survey to all his store managers. Cleans the mess to make it look good. Determins that this is something we can use to benfit the company. Spins it toward compliance. Or in the case of these non auditable certs, writes a press release or fills out a survey himself.
I've seen it done a ton of times in my lifetime- LEED "green" friendly builds, Workplace of the Year awards, ISO audits/certifications. Lots of smoke and mirrors. Not a lot of real action.
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

tech37 wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 10:20 amAre u seacoaster?
Of course not, but i find this subject (CRT) fascinating and so i followed your link and checked it out...in the spirit of attempting to have a reasonable conversation in here. I'll refrain from asking if u r PeterEssenKram&Shoot... ;)

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 11:31 am
jhu72 wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 10:58 am

My point is it's not necessarily a corporate movement or a way of life. Even if the company says it is. The janitor doesn't keep track of light bulbs. The marketing guy sends a mandatory survey to all his store managers. Cleans the mess to make it look good. Determins that this is something we can use to benfit the company. Spins it toward compliance. Or in the case of these non auditable certs, writes a press release or fills out a survey himself.
I've seen it done a ton of times in my lifetime- LEED "green" friendly builds, Workplace of the Year awards, ISO audits/certifications. Lots of smoke and mirrors. Not a lot of real action.
... I would disagree with your assessment of a lot of smoke and mirrors, not a lot of real action. In my experience you get out of it, what you put into it. Specifically ISO and FDA. Implementing the processes that conformed to those standards made us a better company in general, allowing us to keep better control over our manufacturing and software development. It also gave us the ability to keep the company open, running, and making sales in the medical device industry having implemented FDA GMP conformant processes. I would not call it a corporate movement, but there is no choice in my industry, it needs to be a way of life to legally stay in business. It is possible to get away with a little smoke and mirrors, but auditors are really good at sniffing these out and I found the smoke and mirrors aren't worth the effort.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

dislaxxic wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 11:54 am
Of course not, but i find this subject (CRT) fascinating and so i followed your link and checked it out...in the spirit of attempting to have a reasonable conversation in here. I'll refrain from asking if u r PeterEssenKram&Shoot... ;)

Unbelievable.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

tech37 wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 3:58 pm

Unbelievable.
I am. Been working today. I’ll try to check out the article and respond later this evening or tomorrow.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Unbelievable.

You could stand these guys up to the gates of he!!! with a billion pieces of evidence that professions such as law are being menacingly corroded by leftist wokeism, and I promise you they will never concede. It’s simply not in the leftist spirit to give an inch, because so much of their philosophy rests on shaky pillars of salt, easily eroded by the barest hint of truth. With one concession, the entire premise of leftism crumbles.

What’s going on in your article is no different than what you read about in 1984, or what you see today in corrupted societies like Baltimore, Venezuela, Chicago, or Russia. It is a slavish devotion to the state, borne of a deep-rooted insecurity of life. It’s the very opposite of American exceptionalism. It’s totalitarianism without consequence.

The article by that gentleman clearly spells out how destructive leftism is, turning law partnerships into babysitting exercises for the weak. It will only get worse. Interview your law firms before hiring them. Demand to know their DEI and ESG practices. If they laugh, hire them. If they start blathering on about diversity and inclusion, run to the nearest exit.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Eleven thousand posts and still, nothing to contribute.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Unbelievable.
Tech, that piece was written by a rightie out of Yale who plainly has an axe to grind.

Simple questions:

1. do you think that the students and faculty at YaleLaw were more to the the left from 1967-1980 then they are now....or less?

2. now that you know the answer is "they were more to the left in the 70's" .....what happened to our legal system in the coming years? Filled with bomb throwing lefties? Or as always, an array of judges that are 99% center-left or center-right?

Rome is not burning. This guy is just upset about the Yale Campus, and thinks that lawfirms will put up with that sh*t in the real world. :roll:
tech37

Post by tech37 »

a fan wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 6:22 pm

Unbelievable.
Tech, that piece was written by a rightie out of Yale who plainly has an axe to grind.

Simple questions:

1. do you think that the students and faculty at YaleLaw were more to the the left from 1967-1980 then they are now....or less?

2. now that you know the answer is "they were more to the left in the 70's" .....what happened to our legal system in the coming years? Filled with bomb throwing lefties? Or as always, an array of judges that are 99% center-left or center-right?

Rome is not burning. This guy is just upset about the Yale Campus, and thinks that lawfirms will put up with that sh*t in the real world. :roll:
Thanks for chiming in.

I can always count on you to shoot an arrow and paint a bullseye around it. :?
a fan

Post by a fan »

tech37 wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 6:33 pm
a fan wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 6:22 pm

Unbelievable.

Simple questions:

Thanks for chiming in.

I can always count on you to shoot an arrow and paint a bullseye around it. :?
:lol: Okay....ignore what I said. The sky is falling. You should panic!

Maybe take a second and realize how dumb it is that Pete Brown-----a caricature with the deep thoughts of a goldfish-----agrees with this author.

Or not.
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 6:02 pm

Unbelievable.

You could stand these guys up to the gates of he!!! with a billion pieces of evidence that professions such as law are being menacingly corroded by leftist wokeism, and I promise you they will never concede. It’s simply not in the leftist spirit to give an inch, because so much of their philosophy rests on shaky pillars of salt, easily eroded by the barest hint of truth. With one concession, the entire premise of leftism crumbles.

What’s going on in your article is no different than what you read about in 1984, or what you see today in corrupted societies like Baltimore, Venezuela, Chicago, or Russia. It is a slavish devotion to the state, borne of a deep-rooted insecurity of life. It’s the very opposite of American exceptionalism. It’s totalitarianism without consequence.

The article by that gentleman clearly spells out how destructive leftism is, turning law partnerships into babysitting exercises for the weak. It will only get worse. Interview your law firms before hiring them. Demand to know their DEI and ESG practices. If they laugh, hire them. If they start blathering on about diversity and inclusion, run to the nearest exit.
Most of the left, and some of the right, have become corporatists. The left never shakes their fist at "The Man" because "The Man" is going right along with them. They have 90 percent of entertainment, 90 percent of tech, 95% of education and the corporations give in to avoid the megaphone and the shaking fist. Progressives and big corporations are more aligned with the cheap labor Chamber of Commerce.
"I would never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member", Groucho Marx
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

I could also say are you the Blimp??? ;) There is no denying the similarities.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Unbelievable.
The first sentence or the second?

The author is attempting, not very successfully, to codify the latest element of the rightwing grievance machine that sustains them while their "policy" ideas continue to fade into nothingness. THAT'S what's unbelievable.

Defend your guy's writing, or tut-tut about considered rebuttal of it...?

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

get it to x wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 6:35 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 6:02 pm

Unbelievable.

Most of the left, and some of the right, have become corporatists. The left never shakes their fist at "The Man" because "The Man" is going right along with them. They have 90 percent of entertainment, 90 percent of tech, 95% of education and the corporations give in to avoid the megaphone and the shaking fist. Progressives and big corporations are more aligned with the cheap labor Chamber of Commerce.

I’m watching a special on ESPNU right now on the 2006 Duke lacrosse team fiasco (“Fantastic Lies”). This story reveals why the Left is so detestable. The Left, especially today, would gladly have sent innocent people to prison, mostly because they hate success and mostly they act on lies (Duke, Steele Dossier, pee tape, UVA rape, you name it). These kids were the embodiment of success to the left, so they needed to be attacked.

The professors and administration and all the others who treated the kids as guilty before a trial, really deserve a special place in he!!. Nifong deserved two decades in prison, the same punishment the kids would have gotten if convicted (how easy it would have been to convict them, by the way…just 12 simpleton leftists on a jury in an overwhelmingly Democratic city, no facts necessary…is there any doubt Judge Jackson would have convicted if this was a bench trial! Lol. She would have been asleep during the trial, just waiting til judgement day! :lol: ).

The saddest thing is the Duke tragedy only emboldened the Left, and the media; they learned nothing. Look at this board.

I guarantee that every Democrat then and almost every Democrat now was wholly on board with imprisoning these kids. Guaranteed.
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

dislaxxic wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 9:02 am Trump Will Not Apologize for Calling for Death Penalty Over Central Park Five What a stinkin' RINO!! :lol:

Kettle : Black

Any conviction of an innocent person is a stain on the entire judicial system. One guy, Trump, believing the CP5 as guilty is not nearly the equivalent to the entirety of the Democratic Party believing the Duke kids guilty then (and still do today).
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Why does this guy continue to write such tripe on this Board? Honestly?? Statements like "the entirety of the Democratic Party believing the Duke kids guilty" is just obviously ignorant trolling behavior that - i guess - it's no wonder that said poster holds the record for penalty minutes here at FanLax. He really just doesn't hear what he is saying, it seems. Either that, it's just willful, dumass flapping of the gums. Zero credibility. Zero reason to read a word he says. Absolutely boycott ignorant.

seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Tech, I read this over my coffee this morning, and agree with the writer that there are things that are kind of disturbing. The shout-down of the symposium at Yale was disgraceful. This is the group of people who believe that there own speech and identity is diminished by the contrary speech of others. That is not the American way, in my view anyway. The First Amendment and citizenship do not provide a warranty against hearing views that collide with your own, even if the collision feels offensive and morally wrong.

But I don't see the thinking that underlies BLM, or CRT, or any theory aimed at eliminating the biases that exist in the system as the overwhelming thing the writer portrays. The quote above in your original post is interesting. I don't think "the imperatives of race, gender and identity are more important" to students than due process, the presumption of innocence and other norms of the rule of law. I think students are asking about the impact of race, gender and identity on due process, the presumption of innocence -- the inquiries aren't separate. When I am choosing a jury in a criminal trial involving the alleged rape of a white woman by a black man, how is the presumption of innocence impacted or impeded by the fact that my jury pool is 70% white? Does the system allow for the same due process for a upper-middle class white woman and a black woman? These are actually age-old issues in the law schools and in the courts. So I'm not seeing a "takeover" of the legal system. I'm seeing energetic, often misguided, actors trying to sort those questions out.

Interesting article all the same, and thanks for posting it and asking about it.

Return to “POLITICS”