The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Seacoaster(1)

Re: 2024

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2024 11:28 am
youthathletics wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2024 10:01 am
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2024 9:55 am
youthathletics wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2024 9:47 am
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2024 9:31 am
youthathletics wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2024 9:08 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2024 8:09 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2024 9:38 pm
DMac wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2024 7:50 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2024 4:40 pm I will say, however, that I carried a shotgun in the field and in a blind on my own as a 12+ years old.
Yup, commonplace with a good number of kids I went to school with.
When they were old enough to drive a lot of them brought their guns
to school with them too (coming from hunting or going to after school.
No one gave that a second thought and there was never an incident with
any of them. Something's changed for sure.
https://www.statista.com/statistics/215 ... in-the-us/
Just "meeting demand"...
Just 'meeting demand' or creating it?

That demand, exponentially rose when BHO took office, then the "Now is the time" of ~2012/2013 made it whole.

The law of unintended consequences, or was it intended?

~ Maybe BHO and others had investments in Firearm's, and knew what would take place?
~ They wanted to flood the market, to make the problem worse and get it to a tipping point; the long look?
~ How they did not comprehend that they would create a supply/demand issue makes us question just how smart they really were.
"Maybe BHO and others had investments in Firearm's, and knew what would take place?"

Unbelievably serious allegation. The President of the United States ("and others") made policy aimed at increasing his portfolio value in gun manufacturers. Just tossing this idea out there? No proof. The GOP way; you're fitting right in.

"They wanted to flood the market, to make the problem worse and get it to a tipping point; the long look?"

Another astonishing allegation, free of any kind of proof in letters, texts, emails, minutes or anything creditable. Not even bubblebathgirl and other dudes and dudettes from "X"? You are suggesting that Democratic policy makers, in order to create a crisis -- through mass murder events -- allowed and encouraged the country to be flooded with guns. But sure, the NRA and other gun rights organizations had nothing to do with the clarion calls to "buy now cuz Obama is gonna take away your guns"....

Again, what the heck is wrong with you?
I never implied this was fact, you did that all on your own.
Started with 'unintended consequences, or intentional with a question mark.
The question mark, word "Maybe", followed by another question mark, all eluded you. And your reply argues it was stated as fact...oh-vey.

And yes......the NRA was reacting to BHO's plan....DUH!! What came first...exactly.

#FastAnd Furious ring a bell?

When the weather man tells you its going to snow....what do we do? yep....run to the store. It's really that simple.
You really are just descending into a hole in the ground.
I'll meet ya there, how should I pack? ;)
Mr coaster is certainly much deeper into the underground than you could ever be. Why would you ever want to join him??
To help him get a f*cking clue.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

This just in, but I'm thinking I should go with YA's and Old Salsa's guy anyway. Thoughts?

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/09/22/us/p ... arris.html

"More than 700 current and former national security leaders, as well as former military officials, endorsed Vice President Kamala Harris in a letter released on Sunday, arguing that only she had the temperament and values needed to serve as commander in chief.

The signatories of the letter, which was organized by the group National Security Leaders for America, included former secretaries of state and secretaries of defense, former ambassadors and retired generals. They argued that former President Donald J. Trump posed a threat to both national security and the United States’ democratic system.

Among the most prominent names were the former defense secretaries Chuck Hagel, a Republican who served under President Barack Obama; William Cohen, a Republican who served under President Bill Clinton; and William J. Perry, a Democrat who served under Mr. Clinton.

The former secretaries of state Hillary Clinton and John Kerry, and the former defense secretary Leon Panetta, also signed the letter, though their support for Ms. Harris was already clear.

The retired military leaders who signed included Rear Adm. Michael E. Smith, the president of the organization that released the letter, and Gen. Michael V. Hayden, who led the C.I.A. under President George W. Bush.

This election is a choice between serious leadership and vengeful impulsiveness,” the letter said. “It is a choice between democracy and authoritarianism. Vice President Harris defends America’s democratic ideals, while former President Donald Trump endangers them.”

It continued: “We do not make such an assessment lightly. We are trained to make sober, rational decisions,” and added: “We know effective leadership requires in-depth knowledge, careful deliberation, understanding of your adversaries and empathy for those you lead. It requires listening to those with expertise and not firing them when they disagree with you.”

Mr. Trump’s campaign did not immediately respond to a request for comment."

Here is the letter and endorsement:

https://www.nsl4a.org/nsl4a-announcemen ... ent-harris
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2024 2:18 pm This just in, but I'm thinking I should go with YA's and Old Salsa's guy anyway. Thoughts?

"More than 700 current and former national security leaders, as well as former military officials, endorsed Vice President Kamala Harris in a letter released on Sunday, arguing that only she had the temperament and values needed to serve as commander in chief.

The signatories of the letter, which was organized by the group National Security Leaders for America, included former secretaries of state and secretaries of defense, former ambassadors and retired generals. They argued that former President Donald J. Trump posed a threat to both national security and the United States’ democratic system.

Among the most prominent names were the former defense secretaries Chuck Hagel, a Republican who served under President Barack Obama; William Cohen, a Republican who served under President Bill Clinton; and William J. Perry, a Democrat who served under Mr. Clinton.

The former secretaries of state Hillary Clinton and John Kerry, and the former defense secretary Leon Panetta, also signed the letter, though their support for Ms. Harris was already clear.

The retired military leaders who signed included Rear Adm. Michael E. Smith, the president of the organization that released the letter, and Gen. Michael V. Hayden, who led the C.I.A. under President George W. Bush.

This election is a choice between serious leadership and vengeful impulsiveness,” the letter said. “It is a choice between democracy and authoritarianism. Vice President Harris defends America’s democratic ideals, while former President Donald Trump endangers them.”

It continued: “We do not make such an assessment lightly. We are trained to make sober, rational decisions,” and added: “We know effective leadership requires in-depth knowledge, careful deliberation, understanding of your adversaries and empathy for those you lead. It requires listening to those with expertise and not firing them when they disagree with you.”

Saltine Warrior will just say they are all wrong and, besides, they are all deep-staters anyway! :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

Kismet wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2024 2:20 pm
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2024 2:18 pm This just in, but I'm thinking I should go with YA's and Old Salsa's guy anyway. Thoughts?

Saltine Warrior will just say they are all wrong and, besides, they are all deep-staters anyway! :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
What else to expect from the “losers” and “suckers” that Trump dislikes so much. Truth out
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Good for them, their hatred for trump has blinded them to whatever Harris has to offer. Their hatred for trump is understandable. Their blind confidence in Harris has them playing night baseball with no knowledge of what their hole cards are that they can't see. We have now ventured into the land of the devil that you know and the devil that you don't know. I'm sticking with my instincts. I will pass on choosing a candidate for president. I don't play night baseball. I want to know what cards are in my hand before I bet.
If only there was a somebody f***king else we could vote for candidate? :roll:
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
njbill

Post by njbill »

How many night baseball references are we going to get this weekend? ;)

Return to “POLITICS”