All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

a fan

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by a fan »

runrussellrun wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:33 am What "science" am I not believing in?
That social distancing obviously works with this particular virus. Is it digital? 1 or 0? Nope. And because it's not, you're upset.
runrussellrun wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:33 am You order take out food?
We order food that goes straight into an oven, and recook at 450f
runrussellrun wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:33 am You, or other household members, enter grocery stores?
Nope. Delivery only for four weeks. Yep, I mistakenly wrote months. My mistake.
runrussellrun wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:33 am Yes, or no. Is social distancing 100% the reason why the deaths aren't coming close to the "science" and it's "predicktions" ?
There it is. You don't believe in science, and get upset when imperfect forecasts, made with imperfect data and every changing inputs.... aren't perfect.

I asked before, and you didn't answer: how are things going in Sweden? They're doing what you've asked----which is close to nothing. It would be worse if they had kept Universities open. Their death rate is horrible. What else do you need to see?

This is not complicated. If you reduce human contact, the virus will slow. So yep, either you believe in science and logic, or you don't.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

runrussellrun wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:48 am
seacoaster wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:33 am Here are the Red Dawn emails, if anyone is interested:

https://int.nyt.com/data/documenthelper ... pdf#page=1
While you can't read this comment, what is the summary of these "red dawn" emails? What are some take aways that we should be worried about?

hopefully, in the Re-make of Red Dawn, Lea Thompsons' daughter can play C. Thomas Howells role.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Zoey+De ... Ujd7MzEHnM
Thank you. Zoey has already made my list of women I’d need to “get the 1980s car out that has the duct tape and rope in the spacious trunk and find a nearby Red Roof Inn” for. Now you’ve put more of a spotlight on her making my work more difficult.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
a fan

Post by a fan »

runrussellrun wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:08 pm Is social distancing the 100% reason behind the flattening of the curve, yes or no?
Let's ask Nate Silverstein what he thinks, shall we?

No, wait-----Let's talk about Trump, like you wanted in the last post.

No, no....I've got it. What are your thoughts on 9/11 ??
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Sweden's death rate is horrible? :lol: sayz W.H.O. ?

yes or no......

bully, net mover.
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:12 pm
nope.......more like Jaquens version.....especially while on edibles. Laughing uncontrollably.

A great band to see live

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAErD8xzjCM
jhu72

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by jhu72 »

calourie wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:20 am
kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:48 am
DocBarrister wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:29 pmWith respect to the coronavirus crisis, Gov. Newsom, predictably, handled the crisis with competence in a timely manner. So much so that California is now sending equipment and supplies to other parts of the country.

California, like the more enlightened members of this forum, has to put up with the tragically moronic and deadly choices of Trump and his supporters. We can’t avoid much of that, although this crisis has shown the great threat posed by the stupidity of Trump’s supporters.

Trump and his supporters are indeed like the novel coronavirus ... an existential threat that endangers the nation ... a pathogen that will not simply go away and which must be carefully managed to save lives and the economy.

California is one of the few bright spots in this crisis. If we were to separate from the rest of the nation, we would instantly become one of the great nations of the world. Alas, it is our fate to help save the rest of the nation from Trump and the Party of Stupid.

A little gratitude from the Trump cult would be nice, but that’s probably too much to ask for.

DocBarrister :?
Another awesome post from Doc, showcasing his ability to be completely wrong...yet again!

It appears that California is currently doing “so well” with the Coronavirus because they had likely already gotten it from China...months before and been ravaged by it for mos unknown:

https://www.latimes.com/california/stor ... california

It appears the Covid 19 has been here in the US for months.

My son and a few of his lax teammates all had bouts with very nasty upper respitory illnesses from Dec-Feb. Knocking even some of the biggest, strongest, and physically strong kids on their team out for multiple weeks. All tested negative for the flu...

:?:
The virus was freewheeling in our community and probably has been here for quite some time,” Dr. Jeff Smith, a physician who is the chief executive of Santa Clara County government, told county leaders in a recent briefing.

How long? A study out of Stanford suggests a dramatic viral surge in February.

But Smith on Friday said data collected by the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, local health departments and others suggest it was “a lot longer than we first believed” — most likely since “back in December.”

“This wasn’t recognized because we were having a severe flu season,” Smith said in an interview. “Symptoms are very much like the flu. If you got a mild case of COVID, you didn’t really notice. You didn’t even go to the doctor. The doctor maybe didn’t even do it because they presumed it was the flu.”

Just as New York has strong ties to travelers from Europe, who are believed to have brought the coronavirus there from Italy, the Bay Area is a natural hub for those traveling to and from China.
Seriously not meaning to be contentious, Kra, (with the caveat that my wife out here in Cali has been suspecting for a while that she may have had something similar throughout the month of February) but why, if this widespread infection actually was Covid, hasn't it ravaged the vulnerable population (including myself) here like it has in NY? We spend 6 months a year in Palm Springs, a city with one of the most geriatric and, one would suspect looking around, health challenged populations in the country. Prior to the shutdown, people from the Bay area and LA were coming here in droves. We are now shut down tight as a drum, but if there was an unattended strain of Covid making the rounds before the shutdown it would seem we would have been having our health system overwhelmed weeks ago instead of having the 30 case 5 death scenario going on when I last heard the numbers a day or two ago.

Anyway, just some food for thought in response to your article, which may well turn out to be correct. Perhaps it was a less virulent strain of the virus that arrived here and established some herd immunity. We aren't going to know until testing is exponentially more available. In the meantime we can only hope that the horrendous infection rate affecting NY, NJ, Michigan and a few other hot spots (some in some very odd out of the way locations) does somehow miraculously abate without cropping up elsewhere. Here is wishing good health to all.
I had the same thought. I would not call what happened in Cali in those early months as "ravaging". Can easily believe the virus was in the US that early however.

Remember that the Chinese have published a paper that identifies two strains of the virus. One old (ancient) and one new. The older strain is much less lethal than the new. The older strain (less lethal) may very well have been confused with the flu. The point of care test for flu has a 50% false negative and most physicians still diagnose as flu with a negative test if symptoms are consistent. The health departments can probably figure this out if they were seeing a higher number of negatives than one would expect for those being diagnosed with flu. If that is the case, it may very well have been the milder strain of coronavirus. Of course the coming antibody tests will help nail this down.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

runrussellrun wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:41 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:28 am So I was just shopping online and happened to find this vintage rare juice that’s from northwest Guyana. I’m told it’s special. Would anyone here or anyone who anyone know here that thinks Dr Fauci should be fires like a nice glass of this juice I just bought? I would love to share.
Just forwarded your concern to my friend who works for the US Treasury, now HLS. Maybe they won't view it as a threat to Dr. Fauci, but advocating Jungle jim juice.......tool.
Right back at you. Couldn’t you even come up with something new in that dope low rent hybrid Dr Suess/e.e. Cummings unintelligible style you use to communicate? Don’t answer it’s rhetorical I understand fully.

Tell him to set up an account here and I’ll pm him all my contact information and I’ll tell it to his face. I know as many high level people as you do so not impressed by the friend drop. You can go back to writing turd no one can understand and continue your own self pride.

You don’t fire a guy managing a pandemic because he contradicts a guy who doesn’t know anything about health or science. That’s treason if it happens.
Typical Lax Dad

runrussellrun wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:13 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:12 pm
nope.......more like Jaquens version.....especially while on edibles. Laughing uncontrollably.

A great band to see live

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAErD8xzjCM
Close enough.....

This is the last group I saw live....met the trumpet player at Wally’s when he was a student back in the mid 1990’s

Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

runrussellrun wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:43 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:21 am
runrussellrun wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:20 am One person is responsible for everything? Wow....who knew?

You mentioned something about intelligence briefings'

You must be a 9/11 "truther", why did silverstein :twisted: rejoice when the "court" ruled in favor of his lease and insurance claim.

9/11 intelligence briefings, prior too.....any exist?

But, you are just making things up. W.H.O.....you know, the PROFESSIONALS with years of education, most in the STEM field......their timeline is irrelevent. Got. IT :roll:

blame tRump.
# your act is old
What act? Old? My first comment was on page 159.....on March 25th. Almost a full TWO months into the thread.....and 85% of the comments are "tRump lousy".

Look in the mirror, old man. YOU...are getting old.

debate like an educated person. But, you won't.
Because we don’t all know a fattylaxwheatfieldwhatever othernamesyouveused to obfuscate who is delivering your message except for the common idiotic writing style. And I remember at LP you denying (lying) that OT was the same person/you so bull fng sh*t that your act only extends to a few pages back here. At best that’s massive obfuscation of the point at worst you are telling us this hasn’t been a common theme of behavior and philosophy for years?
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

runrussellrun wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:36 am
DocBarrister wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:27 am
6ftstick wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:19 am Horrible—11 people in Mississippi were killed yesterday by Tornadoes.

6 by coronavirus.

25 people in Tennessee killed by Tornado in one night. 101 Total pandemic deaths in two months.
Over 1,500 confirmed deaths from coronavirus yesterday, and you have the temerity to make these comparisons? Every preventable death is tragic.

What is wrong with you?

DocBarrister :roll:
I blame YOU .....docbarrister.....this topic first started on Jan. 27th. Your first post was almost a full month later. You claim YOU are in this field....yet, didn't say word one about preventative measures. (social distortion was first mentioned on this thread WHEN, again? exactly ) You have zero credibility. YOU and yours........are the problem with our healthcare system. Like verdeterrapin (wgrds) stated, where were all of you when it matter. bitching on the impeachment thread......that's where. spare us the concern, locked in your gated community.

Even if the actual number of coronavirus infection cases is double the “official” count of around 80,000, the mortality rate would still be 1,000 times that of “ordinary” flu. That’s pretty frightening.

This epidemic can still be managed, but we’re definitely on the cusp of a global pandemic. If it truly becomes a pandemic, then we’re talking about many thousands of additional deaths and a potential global recession.

DocBarrister :shock: :o
just a short interruption here, but i referenced one poster on this thread re: timelines, what's been gotten right, when. i have also referenced several connected public political figures and their actions and their timelines. don't think i've ever mentioned the word impeachment on this website, but that may be rrr's add on.
just wanted to clarify. enjoy, carry on.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:26 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:28 am So I was just shopping online and happened to find this vintage rare juice that’s from northwest Guyana. I’m told it’s special. Would anyone here or anyone who anyone know here that thinks Dr Fauci should be fires like a nice glass of this juice I just bought? I would love to share.
Just forwarded your concern to my friend who works for the US Treasury, now HLS. Maybe they won't view it as a threat to Dr. Fauci, but advocating Jungle jim juice.......tool.
Right back at you. Couldn’t you even come up with something new in that dope low rent hybrid Dr Suess/e.e. Cummings unintelligible style you use to communicate? Don’t answer it’s rhetorical I understand fully.

Tell him to set up an account here and I’ll pm him all my contact information and I’ll tell it to his face. I know as many high level people as you do so not impressed by the friend drop. You can go back to writing turd no one can understand and continue your own self pride.

You don’t fire a guy managing a pandemic because he contradicts a guy who doesn’t know anything about health or science. That’s treason if it happens.
wow....you live your life, and spew hate, actionable items, on them, based events that just haven't happened. What the heck is wrong with you?

You and your other clowns have been saying he will be FIRED ........for well over a month.

(what....NOT impressed that I knew what you were talking about? doubt others did....but, I'm not the one wearing a mask. Maybe I shouldn't volunteer at the Hospital, starting tomorrow. )
njbill

Post by njbill »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:26 pm that dope low rent hybrid Dr Suess/e.e. Cummings unintelligible style you use to communicate?
FanLax has bulk ordered copies of the RRR to English dictionary, revised to update the earlier Fatty to English edition. Will add your name to the list to get one.
Typical Lax Dad

runrussellrun wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:35 pm

wow....you live your life, and spew hate, actionable items, on them, based events that just haven't happened. What the heck is wrong with you?

You and your other clowns have been saying he will be FIRED ........for well over a month.

(what....NOT impressed that I knew what you were talking about? doubt others did....but, I'm not the one wearing a mask. Maybe I shouldn't volunteer at the Hospital, starting tomorrow. )
Let me know which hospital you are able to volunteer at while not wearing a mask? Probably Carney.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Interesting discussion this AM with Dr. Osterholm.
I'd like to see him with better interviewers though, maybe Gupta on CNN for a longer, more in-depth discussion.

https://www.msnbc.com/morning-joe/watch ... 1967173580

If he's correct, and obviously we should sure hope he isn't, we're going to have 50% of the US population eventually infected with deaths of roughly 800,000 to double that.

He's saying that's quite likely unavoidable, over the multi-year course of the pandemic.
Many waves/small outbreaks in every nook and cranny of America.
Obviously a long way from our current situation.

He says that we're simply not going to have sufficient testing for many, many months (and certainly no chance of remotely adequate soon unless federalized...reagent supply is major limiting factor, test accuracy, etc.) and we're going to need to open up aspects of the economy (at some point). Therapeutics will help, but on the margins. No vaccine for quite awhile.

And every community, every county and state will have outbreaks, potentially overwhelming local health systems...and that's the issue. People are going to be infected, big # of people will die. But we need to spread it out...without crushing the economy. He didn't say this, but if we wear out and overwhelm the health care workers, society breaks down, food workers...so, we're going to need to spread it out.

He says we need to be talking about young people coming back to work, others staying in place. How that can be implemented.

I'm not sure how you keep those younger people from interacting with the older, how you have enough health care workers, nursing home workers, etc who aren't infected to take care of the 'healthy' older folks.

Seems to me you still need the testing way, way higher. And when young people to get back to work, it will be far from 'normal' for the next couple of years. Masks, distancing, hygiene, not congregating in large groups all still necessary.

But the notion that this is going to taper off at 60k...
CU88

Post by CU88 »

About 95% of Americans have been ordered to stay at home. This map shows which cities and states are under lockdown.

https://www.businessinsider.com/us-map- ... er=twitter
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

More dishonesty and misrepresentation, just like your bogus comment on my actions re Bertrand. You just have no interest in being honest with others here. Take stuff seriously when it’s convenient and joke when it’s convenient for you to be outraged or minimize, it’s dishonest.

It may be tongue in cheek but there’s a parable between trump supporters in general and Jim’s followers. Can see the clean comparison. And if they present higher risk by denying this pandemic then drink the juice and go away don’t put everyone else at risk just to see if you can move up the Trump milking line to get a more robust face painting.

I’ve never said he would be fired, once again your being dishonest until now that we’re seeing tweets from the president putting it out there and reporting which I’m sure you’ll say is dishonest but more truthful than you are here that he’s been having these conversations with advisors which means the threat of firing is real.

And I have basically not been wearing a mask. Will be practically living in a palliative care wing of a hospital stating somewhere around Fri-Sat this week myself but will then. If you aren’t tested or known to be safe yourself and go into a hospital even to help without wearing a mask I’d think that’s criminal.
Last edited by Farfromgeneva on Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Got caught in the suck....allTrump/24/7/365.......and THAT is not what turning to positive is all about.

Skip to 3 minutes, to start ( bio/credentials )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4J0d59dd-qM

sorry, didn't provide this sooner. Worth the time, very well done.
doubt DOC will understand a word.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Highly amused. Boris Johnson, British Tory, owner of the Orange Duce franchise in the UK came out today thanking the NHS (National Health Service) for saving his life. A Tory praising NHS - hell will be freezing over momentarily. :lol: :lol: Tories have been working successfully to cripple NHS for years.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-52268341
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:57 pm

More dishonesty and misrepresentation, just like your bogus comment on my actions re Bertrand. Hillaeryous.....chill. got the names wrong. let it go You just have no interest in being honest with others here. Take stuff seriously when it’s convenient and joke when it’s convenient for you to be outraged or minimize, it’s dishonest. You just called me a liar, that I am someone named "OT". we could ask admin to check the IP addresses, or do an email trace, to prove YOU the liar.

It may be tongue in cheek but there’s a parable between trump supporters in general and Jim’s followers. Can see the clean comparison. And if they present higher risk by denying this pandemic then drink the juice and go away don’t put everyone else at risk just to see if you can move up the Trump milking line to get a more robust face painting.

I’ve never said he would be fired, once again your being dishonest until now that we’re seeing tweets from the president putting it out there and reporting which I’m sure you’ll say is dishonest but more truthful than you are here that he’s been having these conversations with advisors which means the threat of firing is real.

And I have basically not been wearing a mask. Will be practically living in a palliative care wing of a hospital stating somewhere around Fri-Sat this week myself but will then. If you aren’t tested or known to be safe yourself and go into a hospital even to help without wearing a mask I’d think that’s criminal.
Many, of the few posters, are in my camp. Pointing out that there is enough blame, mis-communication, to go around.....it's NOT helping us SOLVE anything. STOP....just STOP....we hate him, so we get BS, nonsense, OVER AND OVER.....300 pages worth, of the "timeline", "didn't do enough", " did to much", ...and everything else that is related to "him. "

Other threads for that.

BTW, I apologize, in advance if it was NOT you that claimed Bertrand wasn't even the best attackman in the NEC
;)

Return to “POLITICS”