All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

6ftstick

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by 6ftstick »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:59 am
6ftstick wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:46 am
DocBarrister wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:27 am
6ftstick wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:19 am Horrible—11 people in Mississippi were killed yesterday by Tornadoes.

6 by coronavirus.

25 people in Tennessee killed by Tornado in one night. 101 Total pandemic deaths in two months.
Over 1,500 confirmed deaths from coronavirus yesterday, and you have the temerity to make these comparisons? Every preventable death is tragic.

What is wrong with you?

DocBarrister :roll:
And thats terrible.

From the CDC In 2017, an average of 7,708 deaths occurred each day. Whats wrong with you
So pro forma, that number would be close to 10,000 due to coronavirus...so that would be an extra 60,000 a month, 180,000 a quarter, 360,000 semiannually and 720,000 a year. This assumes a continual spread and continued social distancing. Without social distancing, that number would be higher. How much higher? A factor of 2 would be a very conservative estimate. That’s how math works.
The point is that taking in the whole mosaic of life and death for 340 million people it might be easier to decide to return to normal than some people think. And a lot faster than the second half or 2021.

Plus half the deaths in the US come from just one city.
Last edited by 6ftstick on Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Trinity

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by Trinity »

We all want that. Where are the tests?
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

DocBarrister wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:52 am
6ftstick wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:19 am Horrible—11 people in Mississippi were killed yesterday by Tornadoes.

6 by coronavirus.

25 people in Tennessee killed by Tornado in one night. 101 Total pandemic deaths in two months.
Over 1,500 confirmed deaths from coronavirus yesterday, and you have the temerity to make these comparisons? Every preventable death is tragic.

What is wrong with you?

And thats terrible.

From the CDC In 2017, an average of 7,708 deaths occurred each day. Whats wrong with you
That’s right ... coronavirus is adding about 20-25% to that daily death count at present. That’s not a small deal.

Please stop trying to downplay the significance of this pandemic. It is an idiotic thing to do, especially if someone actually believes you and fails to follow mitigation measures. If you convince just one person to do that, he or she could endanger 50 others.

DocBarrister :?
That may or may not be true. Comorbidity deaths that might have been included in the average daily death toll are now classified as CORONAVIRUS deaths. Lotsa hospitals and doctors are saying the usual death totals have been reduced.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

6ftstick wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:13 am
DocBarrister wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:52 am

6 by coronavirus.

What is wrong with you?

And thats terrible.

That’s right ... coronavirus is adding about 20-25% to that daily death count at present. That’s not a small deal.

Please stop trying to downplay the significance of this pandemic. It is an idiotic thing to do, especially if someone actually believes you and fails to follow mitigation measures. If you convince just one person to do that, he or she could endanger 50 others.

DocBarrister :?
That may or may not be true. Comorbidity deaths that might have been included in the average daily death toll are now classified as CORONAVIRUS deaths. Lotsa hospitals and doctors are saying the usual death totals have been reduced.
NO - the usual death totals are increased. In NYC, in the past - about 25-27 people die daily. That is now been pushed up into the hundreds - and that number is HIGHER than the recorded hospital deaths because some die (with CV) without ever having been tested. In fact this is a known effect of pandemics. After the fact you can go in and see the total number of increased deaths over the "normal" numbers and assign the differential to CV causes. That will be higher than the official death toll. Already seen for this pandemic in places like Italy and Spain where the peak seems to be in the past.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Trinity wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:10 am We all want that. Where are the tests?
Apparently, they are being used at meat packing plants. Of course, YOU believe that the smithfield bacon factory, owned by communists, staffed by illegals.........almost 300 tested POSITIVE. sure they did :roll:

prove it
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

So I was just shopping online and happened to find this vintage rare juice that’s from northwest Guyana. I’m told it’s special. Would anyone here or anyone who anyone know here that thinks Dr Fauci should be fired like a nice glass of this juice I just bought? I would love to share.
Last edited by Farfromgeneva on Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

6ftstick wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:09 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:59 am

6 by coronavirus.

What is wrong with you?

And thats terrible.

So pro forma, that number would be close to 10,000 due to coronavirus...so that would be an extra 60,000 a month, 180,000 a quarter, 360,000 semiannually and 720,000 a year. This assumes a continual spread and continued social distancing. Without social distancing, that number would be higher. How much higher? A factor of 2 would be a very conservative estimate. That’s how math works.
The point is that taking in the whole mosaic of life and death for 340 million people it might be easier to decide to return to normal than some people think. And a lot faster than the second half or 2021.

Plus half the deaths in the US come from just one city.
My guess it will be when the healthcare officials and scientists give the all clear. The sooner the better but it depends on when it is safe. Otherwise we will be right back where we are and the government will have already pretty much exhausted it’s bullets. But we can always just print more and more money. I believe thing will slows start up in about 30 days and then ramp up. But I am not scientist. I know what we are telling our people. Trump can open up the Federal Government is he wants. We don’t work for him.

My friends and family in Ohio are happy with the Governor as social distancing let them get ahead of it. Emergency room volume just starting to build. The lower the number the better. #Social Distancing Works
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

6 by coronavirus.

What is wrong with you?

I blame YOU .....docbarrister.....this topic first started on Jan. 27th. Your first post was almost a full month later. You claim YOU are in this field....yet, didn't say word one about preventative measures. (social distortion was first mentioned on this thread WHEN, again? exactly ) You have zero credibility. YOU and yours........are the problem with our healthcare system. Like verdeterrapin (wgrds) stated, where were all of you when it matter. bitching on the impeachment thread......that's where. spare us the concern, locked in your gated community.

Even if the actual number of coronavirus infection cases is double the “official” count of around 80,000, the mortality rate would still be 1,000 times that of “ordinary” flu. That’s pretty frightening.

This epidemic can still be managed, but we’re definitely on the cusp of a global pandemic. If it truly becomes a pandemic, then we’re talking about many thousands of additional deaths and a potential global recession.

DocBarrister :shock: :o
DMac

Post by DMac »

In the past we've seen songs hit the charts for the second time as the result of current events.
The movie GHOST and Unchained Melody and Elton's Candle In The Wind (#1 second time around, didn't make it that high first time around) after Princess Di's death are a couple of examples. Gotta wonder what the social distancing, self quarantining, and isolation brought on by covid 19 might bring us.
Just a guess, but maybe.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZ5VNXIiv1c
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

DMac wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:37 am In the past we've seen songs hit the charts for the second time as the result of current events.
The movie GHOST and Unchained Melody and Elton's Candle In The Wind (#1 second time around, didn't make it that high first time around) after Princess Di's death are a couple of examples. Gotta wonder what the social distancing, self quarantining, and isolation brought on by covid 19 might bring us.
Just a guess, but maybe.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:28 am So I was just shopping online and happened to find this vintage rare juice that’s from northwest Guyana. I’m told it’s special. Would anyone here or anyone who anyone know here that thinks Dr Fauci should be fires like a nice glass of this juice I just bought? I would love to share.
Just forwarded your concern to my friend who works for the US Treasury, now HLS. Maybe they won't view it as a threat to Dr. Fauci, but advocating Jungle jim juice.......tool.
Typical Lax Dad

runrussellrun wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:36 am

6 by coronavirus.

What is wrong with you?

I blame YOU .....docbarrister.....this topic first started on Jan. 27th. Your first post was almost a full month later. You claim YOU are in this field....yet, didn't say word one about preventative measures. (social distortion was first mentioned on this thread WHEN, again? exactly ) You have zero credibility. YOU and yours........are the problem with our healthcare system. Like verdeterrapin (wgrds) stated, where were all of you when it matter. bitching on the impeachment thread......that's where. spare us the concern, locked in your gated community.

Even if the actual number of coronavirus infection cases is double the “official” count of around 80,000, the mortality rate would still be 1,000 times that of “ordinary” flu. That’s pretty frightening.

This epidemic can still be managed, but we’re definitely on the cusp of a global pandemic. If it truly becomes a pandemic, then we’re talking about many thousands of additional deaths and a potential global recession.

Doc was getting Intelligence Briefings? Maybe if your dude paid attention to his briefings, WE would have acted sooner. #an apologist
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

DMac wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:37 am In the past we've seen songs hit the charts for the second time as the result of current events.
Just a guess, but maybe.
May she rest in peace

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5boYiMktOvs
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:43 am

6 by coronavirus.

What is wrong with you?

Doc was getting Intelligence Briefings? Maybe if your dude paid attention to his briefings, WE would have acted sooner. #an apologist
What intelligence briefings? Now, you are just making stuff up. sorry, let me get back in line

tRump is to blame for a naturally occuring virus, that our PROFESSIONALS didn't say word one about.

What, cnn would NOT take bill gates phone calls in january and february. pathetic.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

6 by coronavirus.

What is wrong with you?

Sorry but when you mention Doc B and the word intelligence in the same sentence, you lose me right then and there... :lol:
The next thing i know yall will tell us the buffet king from Minnesota was also getting intelligence briefings as well... :P
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Nigel wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 4:51 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 4:24 pm
tech37 wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 4:21 pm
old salt wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 3:44 pm
youthathletics wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:22 am
thatsmell wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 7:08 am Love to see this country slow down.
Hope everyone is safe.
Happy Easter to all!
Amen!
My wife & I are talking & laughing more than we have in decades.
Enjoying each others company. The dogs & cats love it.
Our 55+ community went ahead with their Easter parade, socially distanced of course.
My wife was driven around in a golf cart in the bio-hazard suit she ordered for just such occasions.
...an inflatable T-Rex costume. It was a hoot.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/seort/46109686
:D Great stuff OS!

Wow, dude is having fun. Didn’t anyone tell him he’s supposed to be posting daily death totals and telling us a vaccine won’t happen for two years!!!!! (Insert Howard Dean scream)
Even if I vehemently disagree with everything you believe and you are puppies for breakfast (not saying any of that is true) I will never object to any reference back to and/or clip of/from the Chapelle Show.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Typical Lax Dad

:x i
runrussellrun wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:45 am

6 by coronavirus.

What is wrong with you?

What intelligence briefings? Now, you are just making stuff up. sorry, let me get back in line

tRump is to blame for a naturally occuring virus, that our PROFESSIONALS didn't say word one about.

What, cnn would NOT take bill gates phone calls in january and february. pathetic.
He is responsible for our response. Did he not send a bunch of PPE and other critical supplies to China in January? # A Trump Apologist

Here is your boy....yeah you don’t like him but...

You got a real winner on your hand!
Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
a fan

Post by a fan »

runrussellrun wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:03 am Shameful, your response is.

I want to figure out what is going on. You don't. You don't want to debate the 100% certainty that social distortion IS working. 100%.
Great. So explain how it is you think I'm going to get the virus when I haven't been within 20 feet of another human being for four months, outside of the people living in my home, and counting. And anything that enters my home is wiped down with alcohol.

Go ahead. Take you time. Then tell me that social distancing doesn't work.

You either believe in science and logic, or you don't. Which one is it?
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

One person is responsible for everything? Wow....who knew?

You mentioned something about intelligence briefings'

You must be a 9/11 "truther", why did silverstein :twisted: rejoice when the "court" ruled in favor of his lease and insurance claim.

9/11 intelligence briefings, prior too.....any exist?

But, you are just making things up. W.H.O.....you know, the PROFESSIONALS with years of education, most in the STEM field......their timeline is irrelevent. Got. IT :roll:

blame tRump.
Typical Lax Dad

runrussellrun wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:20 am One person is responsible for everything? Wow....who knew?

You mentioned something about intelligence briefings'

You must be a 9/11 "truther", why did silverstein :twisted: rejoice when the "court" ruled in favor of his lease and insurance claim.

9/11 intelligence briefings, prior too.....any exist?

But, you are just making things up. W.H.O.....you know, the PROFESSIONALS with years of education, most in the STEM field......their timeline is irrelevent. Got. IT :roll:

blame tRump.
# your act is old

Return to “POLITICS”