The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
cradleandshoot

Re: 2024

Post by cradleandshoot »

youthathletics wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2024 1:35 pm
a fan wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2024 12:10 pm
youthathletics wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:38 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:40 am Rumor has it that ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN and last as always MSNBC has placed Kamala Harris in their " Candidate Protection Program " in an attempt to guarantee the veep doesn't have to face any tough policy questions. :D
Even the National Association of Black Journalists have a look of bewilderment, like..... What the heck just happened? https://x.com/VernonForGA/status/1836600182982766815
What happened is that you're letting the R's tell you what to think using edited videos that you gulp down without question. Vernon endorsed Trump, YA.

When do you plan to to show your " X media feed" the same skepticism you desperately want to show the Dems?

You're being told what to think, and they're framing every story for you, YA. Stop falling for this, and start doubting your sources with the utmost skepticism and awareness of what you are doing, is my advice. These political posts are being crafted by professionals....and YOU are the target.
THIS, is what the vast majority of people are seeing under the age of 45. We Gen Xers, and the Boomers, already have minds made up and actually read stuff past 140 characters.

Look no further than the quorum here. Most are voting KH for no other reason than she is NOT Trump....if it were Kasich or Halley or Hogan or even Bush it'd likely be a landslide OR you all would make up another excuse to not vote R. Halley cheated on her husband, Kasich is too moderate failed last time, Hogan cut school spending, Bush is yet another Bush. So many of your crew around here claim to be independent or politically agnostic, but give me, OS, Cradle, tech chit at every turn b/c we 'align' with the conservatives.

Sure, the argument will be....well the R party has lost their way. Well, sure....but that is not a reason to abandon ship, it's actually the time to bail water, fight like hell, send a message by (leaving the party), etc. This is a lax forum....one would think b/c you are losing faceoffs you just give up and now help the cheer for the otherside win...I seriously doubt a coach never taught anyone to clear the ball to other team. I feel like that's what is going on here, daily.

In any event....that explanation may fall on deaf ears, but I am accustomed to it, being an intuitive introvert.
Sometimes you need to be just a little bit obnoxious to get your message across, To paraphrase Bob Ross...don't overdo it. :D
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2024 1:35 pm THIS, is what the vast majority of people are seeing under the age of 45. We Gen Xers, and the Boomers, already have minds made up and actually read stuff past 140 characters.
Yeah. Well I don't, my man. You keep claiming you don't buy this stuff, but it's CLEAR that you do. You let these posters manipulate you over and over.

They post a clipped video, and make unfounded claims about what you're seeing. And you believe them if it comports with your prejudices. And you have bought this game here for YEARS. We keep telling you to stop falling for it, and to think for yourself...and you refuse to do it......and worse, you yell at me and others for trying to help you to see you're being played.

That video? We have NO CLUE what Kamala was doing. Not one. Yet you're on here, taking the word of a Trump supporter as to what you're seeing.

Stop doing that. Pretty please.
youthathletics wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2024 1:35 pm Look no further than the quorum here. Most are voting KH for no other reason than she is NOT Trump....if it were Kasich or Halley or Hogan or even Bush it'd likely be a landslide OR you all would make up another excuse to not vote R.
Buffalo bagels. I'd vote for Kasich 1,000 times before Kamala. Same for Hogan. All I ask, as if this is a bridge too far.......is a MFing adult who actually wants to govern and fix problems. That's it. Apparently? That's too much to ask from your former party, who has replaced good governance with TeamTinFoil, wrapped in hate and racism, and painted with conspiracy theories.

And you're acting shocked that the educated folks here don't want that? Come on.

Dude: I react to the same stuff here the same way, always have, always will: I hate partisanship. I hate "some guy on the internet". I HATE conspiracy theories. I HATE fake problems that the plaintiff has no interest in actually fixing. And I HATE fake conservatives. Because all of the above have wrecked our nation, and are the reason why we've stopped fixing even the simplest of problems, like immigration and visa reform.
youthathletics wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2024 1:35 pm ......but give me, OS, Cradle, tech chit at every turn b/c we 'align' with the conservatives.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: RIght.

I'm WAY to the right of you and the aforementioned posters on SO many subjects. Remember asking me what the big deal was that we keep borrowing money at the Federal level during Trump? In what world would a conservative ask that question?
youthathletics wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2024 1:35 pm In any event....that explanation may fall on deaf ears, but I am accustomed to it, being an intuitive introvert.
Tell you what: list ten Trump/Republican policies that were actually conservative. As in: bills he actually passed...not just random stuff he said. And it can't be something the Dems also support.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Kismet wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2024 1:45 pm
youthathletics wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:50 am The FLBC (Fan Lax Bully Crew) saw returning fresh meat and wasted no time flexing their tolerance of others. :lol: You haven't missed anything Tech...but at least you did get a nice welcome back, while they sharpened their knives.
As opposed to ranting uncontrollably from the denizen of Upstate New York who has taken more shots at others just today than any other poster. But he's one of YOUR enumerated crowd who you suggest are unfairly targeted here. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Pot meet kettle....yet again. ;)
Protip: don't post claims that are lies if you don't want to be called out.

Tech "forgot" to mention that the ENTIRE reason the FBI and politico heard about the Iran hack was that (drumroll) the Biden campaign called the FBI.

But he wants you to ignore that, and tell us the Dems are bad. If you're buying this sh9t, YA? YOU are the problem, not us. Biden campaign did what we'd want them to do (and what TrumpTower idiots did NOT report until they won the election). And instead of applauding Biden, you're throwing stones, and then getting mad at me for calling out tech's long history of partisan horsehockey.

Got a retort? How about: I'm sorry, you were right to make fun of tech for tryin to spin a positive story to make the Dems look bad.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2024 1:42 pm
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2024 1:21 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2024 1:07 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:40 am Rumor has it that ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN and last as always MSNBC has placed Kamala Harris in their " Candidate Protection Program " in an attempt to guarantee the veep doesn't have to face any tough policy questions. :D
Even the National Association of Black Journalists have a look of bewilderment, like..... What the heck just happened? https://x.com/VernonForGA/status/1836600182982766815
I'm reminded of what Nancy Pelosi so boldly stated when voting on the ACA. They needed to vote on the bill to find out what's in the bill. In this instance the nation is being asked to vote for the candidate so the nation can find out what the candidate really stands for. The poker player in me is reminded of the dreadful game of night baseball. That is where all of your cards are face down and your betting on a blind hand. I never play night baseball. I refuse to bet money when I don't know what my hand is. Voting for Kamala is the same as playing night baseball. You might have a winning hand or you might get torched.
Sigh.

It's not a very hard concept to understand counselor. I feel bad at your inability to understand what it means. :D
You just haven't bothered to watch her. That's the only way you are "blind"...that's on you.

You never know exactly what any leader will do on various matters as contexts change, but you CAN get a good sense of how they think...or don't think.

And anyone actually watching multiple discussions now can see how she processes information and responds. It's not gut or feral, it's thoughtful and when appropriate empathetic.

Depends on what you prefer n a leader with that level of responsibility.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:33 pm
I'm reminded of what Nancy Pelosi so boldly stated when voting on the ACA. They needed to vote on the bill to find out what's in the bill. In this instance the nation is being asked to vote for the candidate so the nation can find out what the candidate really stands for. The poker player in me is reminded of the dreadful game of night baseball. That is where all of your cards are face down and your betting on a blind hand. I never play night baseball. I refuse to bet money when I don't know what my hand is. Voting for Kamala is the same as playing night baseball. You might have a winning hand or you might get torched.
Sigh.

It's not a very hard concept to understand counselor. I feel bad at your inability to understand what it means. :D
You just haven't bothered to watch her. That's the only way you are "blind"...that's on you.

You never know exactly what any leader will do on various matters as contexts change, but you CAN get a good sense of how they think...or don't think.

And anyone actually watching multiple discussions now can see how she processes information and responds. It's not gut or feral, it's thoughtful and when appropriate empathetic.

She hasn't overcome that chasm my man about how her values will line up with policies. She certainly ain't saying the same things in 2024 that she was saying in 2019 all of 5 years ago. She should have tried the trump approach and just say she never said whatever it was she said. That will give all the fact checkers a bone to chew on for awhile. In 2019 she wanted to ban all fracking. 5 years later after having an epiphany she supports fracking. You know that is a policy thing subject to change at the drop of a hat or some squawking from her environmental base.
Bob Ross:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

What happened is that you're letting the R's tell you what to think using edited videos that you gulp down without question. Vernon endorsed Trump, YA.

When do you plan to to show your " X media feed" the same skepticism you desperately want to show the Dems?

You're being told what to think, and they're framing every story for you, YA. Stop falling for this, and start doubting your sources with the utmost skepticism and awareness of what you are doing, is my advice. These political posts are being crafted by professionals....and YOU are the target.
THIS, is what the vast majority of people are seeing under the age of 45. We Gen Xers, and the Boomers, already have minds made up and actually read stuff past 140 characters.

Look no further than the quorum here. Most are voting KH for no other reason than she is NOT Trump....if it were Kasich or Halley or Hogan or even Bush it'd likely be a landslide OR you all would make up another excuse to not vote R. Halley cheated on her husband, Kasich is too moderate failed last time, Hogan cut school spending, Bush is yet another Bush. So many of your crew around here claim to be independent or politically agnostic, but give me, OS, Cradle, tech chit at every turn b/c we 'align' with the conservatives.

Sure, the argument will be....well the R party has lost their way. Well, sure....but that is not a reason to abandon ship, it's actually the time to bail water, fight like hell, send a message by (leaving the party), etc. This is a lax forum....one would think b/c you are losing faceoffs you just give up and now help the cheer for the otherside win...I seriously doubt a coach never taught anyone to clear the ball to other team. I feel like that's what is going on here, daily.

In any event....that explanation may fall on deaf ears, but I am accustomed to it, being an intuitive introvert.
Well, first time I voted for ANY Dem for POTUS was 2020, awful lot of R votes since 1977.

And sure, if the GOP had tossed Trump out on his ear, the Senate had convicted him after impeachment, and they had told him and the rest of MAGA to shut the F up, we could again look at GOP candidates at the federal level differently. But they have nearly all gone all-in with Trump/MAGA and are competing with one another to be the biggest suck-up a-hole in the room. And that includes the former Governor of NC. Too bad. But she's done for good with me.

Kasich has stayed true to his rejection of Trump and MAGA.

I wish I could support Hogan for Senate, but it's too important to not put the MAGA GOP in charge of the Senate and he'd likely put them over the top. And he's been making MAGA-like noises!

Of course, I've never been a "conservative "socially" which appears to be what you are seeing as alignment with Salty, tech, cradle...some more extreme than others. Fiscal and international I aligned with traditional Republicans, but the bigoted stuff always turned me off and the views towards women and their roles likewise turned me off. The most extreme of those folks, especially the hardcore bigotry was pretty much universally rejected by the GOP, though some wink wink occasionally. And that was problematic for me and certainly the extreme anti-abortion stuff put me off. Worse was people telling women they didn't deserve to be paid as much as men, couldn't lead as well as men, really belonged in the barefoot in the bedroom or kitchen etc.

As to what people are seeing, you're smart enough (and have been told often enough) to understand that not all boomers and Gen X era see the same media feeds. Not remotely the same. Algorithms separate us and feed us what we respond most to and that results in vastly different next feed up.

None of it can be trusted because the manipulators know who to turn those dials to twist audiences up to their intentions. Be way, way more skeptical of social media feeds.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

“I like him. I get along with him great. We have a fantastic chemistry.”

Trump North Korea policy statement satisfactory to Couch & Slumber.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:44 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:33 pm
Sigh.

She hasn't overcome that chasm my man about how her values will line up with policies. She certainly ain't saying the same things in 2024 that she was saying in 2019 all of 5 years ago. She should have tried the trump approach and just say she never said whatever it was she said. That will give all the fact checkers a bone to chew on for awhile. In 2019 she wanted to ban all fracking. 5 years later after having an epiphany she supports fracking. You know that is a policy thing subject to change at the drop of a hat or some squawking from her environmental base.
Again, you just haven't watched her chew on that question, right? I have. And it's pretty darn clear that when you sit in the White House you gain some perspectives on international affairs and strategic priorities that shift your views on specific policy choices. Fracking is a great example. Energy independence is an essential strategic priority, and Europe needs our gas to get off the Russian teat. This stuff matters, even when you want carbon reduced.

so, you turn to focusing on ways to support alternative forms of energy as much as possible and you look to mitigate what environmental issues you can.

That's a perspective she didn't have 5 years ago. Experience has moderated her views.

I don't think that's a bad thing, rather I think it's a good example of actual consideration.
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:57 pm

Well, first time I voted for ANY Dem for POTUS was 2020, awful lot of R votes since 1977.

And sure, if the GOP had tossed Trump out on his ear, the Senate had convicted him after impeachment, and they had told him and the rest of MAGA to shut the F up, we could again look at GOP candidates at the federal level differently. But they have nearly all gone all-in with Trump/MAGA and are competing with one another to be the biggest suck-up a-hole in the room. And that includes the former Governor of NC. Too bad. But she's done for good with me.

Kasich has stayed true to his rejection of Trump and MAGA.

I wish I could support Hogan for Senate, but it's too important to not put the MAGA GOP in charge of the Senate and he'd likely put them over the top. And he's been making MAGA-like noises!

Of course, I've never been a "conservative "socially" which appears to be what you are seeing as alignment with Salty, tech, cradle...some more extreme than others. Fiscal and international I aligned with traditional Republicans, but the bigoted stuff always turned me off and the views towards women and their roles likewise turned me off. The most extreme of those folks, especially the hardcore bigotry was pretty much universally rejected by the GOP, though some wink wink occasionally. And that was problematic for me and certainly the extreme anti-abortion stuff put me off. Worse was people telling women they didn't deserve to be paid as much as men, couldn't lead as well as men, really belonged in the barefoot in the bedroom or kitchen etc.

As to what people are seeing, you're smart enough (and have been told often enough) to understand that not all boomers and Gen X era see the same media feeds. Not remotely the same. Algorithms separate us and feed us what we respond most to and that results in vastly different next feed up.

None of it can be trusted because the manipulators know who to turn those dials to twist audiences up to their intentions. Be way, way more skeptical of social media feeds.
“We align with conservatives”? No you don’t. Not even close. The reason you would continue to be a small minority extremist group is bcs morality matters. Having no moral core is not a strong positive. Politics can be discussed but morality is more important. The last decent R president was GHW Bush.

Just today one of the “group” posted about ,La on her knees with Iranians. I called it out. Both posts were removed. Nice conpany

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... r-AA1jcjEg
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

FTR to make MD lax feel better I have done a little bit of home work on her time as DA and AG. Her record resembles a spaghetti western starring Clint Eastwood. It comes across as the good, the bad and then the ugly. It boils down to who you believe. She is either the greatest thing since sliced loaf bread or a pint sized version of Hillary. My impression is she is disingenuous and not being honest to the American voter. A leopard can't change its spots. I believe her values and her policies were precisely in synch in 2019. She only has to persuade those uncommitted independent voters. It boils down yet again to which candidate is the better BS artist. :roll:
Bob Ross:
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2024 3:23 pm A leopard can't change its spots.
You prove that every day you show up here. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

The only real argument that even remotely makes sense to me is that she ain't trump. A vote for Kamala is like playing night baseball. You have no idea what your cards are. You have to keep calling and hope for the best. All I know is good poker players don't bet not knowing what their cards are.
Bob Ross:
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2024 3:42 pm The only real argument that even remotely makes sense to me is that she ain't trump. A vote for Kamala is like playing night baseball. You have no idea what your cards are. You have to keep calling and hope for the best. All I know is good poker players don't bet not knowing what their cards are.
All you know is deliberately nothing. She has a very kong record of public service inc as a US Senator. How much did you know about the former VP? For that matter how much did you know about Trump? Did you know he was a sexual predator? Dud you know he was a career criminal? Did you know he purchased a teen beauty pageant so he could walk into dressing rooms. Did you know he was a serial adulterer? Did you know he was a draft dodger? You supported him.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2024 3:23 pm FTR to make MD lax feel better I have done a little bit of home work on her time as DA and AG. Her record resembles a spaghetti western starring Clint Eastwood. It comes across as the good, the bad and then the ugly. It boils down to who you believe. She is either the greatest thing since sliced loaf bread or a pint sized version of Hillary. My impression is she is disingenuous and not being honest to the American voter. A leopard can't change its spots. I believe her values and her policies were precisely in synch in 2019. She only has to persuade those uncommitted independent voters. It boils down yet again to which candidate is the better BS artist. :roll:
So, tell us about Hillary’s record as a prosecutor or AG.
Oh yeah, never a prosecutor.

So, let’s refocus on Harris, on whom who you say you have done homework.

What was her conviction rate?
Her office’s conviction rate? (Sense of management)

How many cases in each category of crime?

What were the biggest cases? Worst crimes prosecuted by category , violent, sexual, drug trafficking, white collar etc.?

How about as AG?

Compare that to her predecessor or successor in CA, or how about contemporary AGs in other big states like Texas, NY, Florida?

Seriously, give us some details of your home work and why it leaves you confused.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

OCanada wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2024 3:57 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2024 3:42 pm The only real argument that even remotely makes sense to me is that she ain't trump. A vote for Kamala is like playing night baseball. You have no idea what your cards are. You have to keep calling and hope for the best. All I know is good poker players don't bet not knowing what their cards are.
All you know is deliberately nothing. She has a very kong record of public service inc as a US Senator. How much did you know about the former VP? For that matter how much did you know about Trump? Did you know he was a sexual predator? Dud you know he was a career criminal? Did you know he purchased a teen beauty pageant so he could walk into dressing rooms. Did you know he was a serial adulterer? Did you know he was a draft dodger? You supported him.
I'm going by what some of the people of California have judged her on. Some folks think she did a good job, some folks think she did a terrible job. I judge her by her demeanor and I don't see an ounce of sincerity in her entire body. I think she is lying about her policies not being in line with her values. At least she isn't trump. I guess that's a good thing? :roll:
Bob Ross:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

While I think this is BS, I do agree that a tree stump or manhole cover would be better than Trump and MAGA in power, so if that’s enough for you to vote for Harris fine with me. Pretty sure Dick Cheney and all those former Cabinet officials, all Republicans, aren’t voting for her because they are enamored with her or the Democrats.

They have seen Trump up close and are telling us all to keep him out of the White House.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2024 4:07 pm
OCanada wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2024 3:57 pm
I'm going by what some of the people of California have judged her on. Some folks think she did a good job, some folks think she did a terrible job. I judge her by her demeanor and I don't see an ounce of sincerity in her entire body. I think she is lying about her policies not being in line with her values. At least she isn't trump. I guess that's a good thing? :roll:
Sheesh, people voted against her in every election. They undoubtedly would have preferred the alternative.

Has nothing to do with her process or results.

Where is your homework?
Dog ate it?

Now, now, we both love dogs so let’s not blame the pooch. :(
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2024 4:02 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2024 3:23 pm FTR to make MD lax feel better I have done a little bit of home work on her time as DA and AG. Her record resembles a spaghetti western starring Clint Eastwood. It comes across as the good, the bad and then the ugly. It boils down to who you believe. She is either the greatest thing since sliced loaf bread or a pint sized version of Hillary. My impression is she is disingenuous and not being honest to the American voter. A leopard can't change its spots. I believe her values and her policies were precisely in synch in 2019. She only has to persuade those uncommitted independent voters. It boils down yet again to which candidate is the better BS artist. :roll:

What were the biggest cases? Worst crimes prosecuted by category , violent, sexual, drug trafficking, white collar etc.?

How about as AG?

Compare that to her predecessor or successor in CA, or how about contemporary AGs in other big states like Texas, NY, Florida?

Seriously, give us some details of your home work and why it leaves you confused.
The only thing that confuses me is very simple. Why do I waste my time conversing with a hopeless liberal RINO. You must have really done some damage when you took that header out that coconut tree. Tech is back on here, why don't you go and impress him with your infinite wisdom. I've had enough to last a lifetime. :D
Bob Ross:
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2024 4:13 pm The only thing that confuses me is very simple. Why do I waste my time conversing with a hopeless liberal RINO. You must have really done some damage when you took that header out that coconut tree. Tech is back on here, why don't you go and impress him with your infinite wisdom. I've had enough to last a lifetime. :D
Then STFU already and stop wasting the time of everyone who has to read the drivel you post here every effing day. :lol: :lol: :lol:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2024 4:13 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2024 4:02 pm

How about as AG?

The only thing that confuses me is very simple. Why do I waste my time conversing with a hopeless liberal RINO. You must have really done some damage when you took that header out that coconut tree. Tech is back on here, why don't you go and impress him with your infinite wisdom. I've had enough to last a lifetime. :D
You’re right that your head must be super hard, certainly dense, given how you keep getting smacked hard by logic and facts yet keep spewing bile nevertheless.

Maybe I’m hardheaded too since so many tell me to boycott stupid and yet I just politely ask you to support your statements with actual logic and facts…ahh well.

(Kismet gets more directly to the point)

Return to “POLITICS”