Orange Duce

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
cradleandshoot

Re: Orange Duce

Post by cradleandshoot »

foreverlax wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:07 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:55 pm
CU77 wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:42 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:00 pm So no problems with BHOs drone strikes in Pakistan?
I have a big problem with it. My opinion, both at the time and now, is that Obama is a war criminal who should be in prison.

Of course that also goes for Bush the younger and Trump, at the very least. Probably every single POTUS ever, for that matter.

And I am NOT kidding.
In theory I agree with you 100%. There are a lot of skeevy black ops stuff that go on the name of national security. My point is that the people behind these activities know they are wrong. They have one thing in common... they all believe they are acting out of what they believe to be their patriotic beliefs in how to defend the country. It only reinforces the fact that there is no right way to do a wrong thing. It makes it easier when you can sell it to the average American because what you did helped to keep the country safe.
Yup. Cold hard fact!

We want them on that wall, we just don't REALLY want to know the methods. I am bi-polar on this....happiest when I don't know how they get it done.
Not just the black ops stuff, but the watching, tracking, and listening.
Remember what Jack Nicholsons character blurted out In A Few Good Men... you can't handle the truth. There is a lot of sad wisdom in those words.
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:29 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:00 pm So no problems with BHOs drone strikes in Pakistan?
I have a big problem with it. My opinion, both at the time and now, is that Obama is a war criminal who should be in prison.

Of course that also goes for Bush the younger and Trump, at the very least. Probably every single POTUS ever, for that matter.

And I am NOT kidding.
In theory I agree with you 100%. There are a lot of skeevy black ops stuff that go on the name of national security. My point is that the people behind these activities know they are wrong. They have one thing in common... they all believe they are acting out of what they believe to be their patriotic beliefs in how to defend the country. It only reinforces the fact that there is no right way to do a wrong thing. It makes it easier when you can sell it to the average American because what you did helped to keep the country safe.
Yup. Cold hard fact!

We want them on that wall, we just don't REALLY want to know the methods. I am bi-polar on this....happiest when I don't know how they get it done.
Remember what Jack Nicholsons character blurted out In A Few Good Men... you can't handle the truth. There is a lot of sad wisdom in those words.
That is exactly what my buddy said about Benghazi...and he knew.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Thanks.

cradle, please stop with all the military chest beating. I give the benefit of the doubt to the honor of those who serve and served all the time, but when someone does something wrong, dishonorable, illegal, etc I understand that these human beings are not automatically immune to critique.

I have zero idea why you think criticizing Obama is relevant to that, but have at it. I didn't vote for him both times.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

And I am NOT kidding.
Yup. Cold hard fact!

You do know he was the bad guy in that movie, right, cradle?
:roll:
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:20 pm

And I am NOT kidding.
Yup. Cold hard fact!

Tom Cruise was the bad guy!
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Unfit for his office?

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archi ... ce/599128/

"Even a major investment bank has gotten into the mix, albeit in a roundabout way: JPMorgan Chase has created a “Volfefe Index”—named after Trump’s bizarre May 2017 “covfefe” tweet—designed to quantify the effect that Trump’s impulsive tweets have on interest-rate volatility. The bank’s press release understatedly observed that its “volatility fair value model” shows that “the president’s remarks on this social media platform [have] played a statistically significant role in elevating implied volatility.”

The president isn’t simply volatile and erratic, however—he’s also incapable of consistently telling the truth. Those who work closely with him, and who aren’t in denial, must deal with Trump’s lying about serious matters virtually every day. But as one former official put it, they “are used to the president saying things that aren’t true,” and have inured themselves to it. Trump’s own former communications director Anthony Scaramucci has on multiple occasions described Trump as a liar, once saying, “We … know he’s telling lies,” so “if you want me to say he’s a liar, I’m happy to say he’s a liar.” He went on to address Trump directly: “You should probably dial down the lying because you don’t need to … So dial that down, and you’ll be doing a lot better.”

That was good advice, but clearly wishful thinking. Trump simply can’t dial down the lying, or turn it off—even, his own attorneys suggest, when false statements may be punished as crimes. A lawyer who has represented him in business disputes once told me that Trump couldn’t sensibly be allowed to speak with Special Counsel Robert Mueller, because Trump would “lie his ass off”—in effect, that Trump simply wasn’t capable of telling the truth, about anything, and that if he ever spoke to a prosecutor, he’d talk himself into jail.

Hamilton’s use of the word trust in The Federalist Papers to describe the presidency was no accident. The Framers intended that the president “be like a fiduciary, who must pursue the public interest in good faith republican fashion rather than pursuing his self-interest, and who must diligently and steadily execute Congress’s commands,” as a recent Harvard Law Review article puts it. The concept is akin to the law of private fiduciaries, which governs trustees of trusts and directors and officers of corporations, an area that has been central to my legal practice as a corporate litigator. “Indeed,” as the Harvard Law Review article explains, “one might argue that what presents to us as private fiduciary law today had some of its genesis in the law of public officeholding.” The overarching principle is that a fiduciary—say, the CEO of a corporation—when acting on behalf of a corporation, has to act in the corporation’s best interests. Likewise, a trustee of a trust must use the assets for the benefit of the beneficiary, and not himself (a fundamental rule, incidentally, that Trump apparently couldn’t adhere to with his own charitable foundation).

In providing for a national chief executive, the Framers incorporated the very similar law of public officeholding into his duties in two places in the Constitution—in Article II, Section 3 (the president “shall take Care that the Laws be faithfully executed”), and in Article II, Section 1, Clause 8, which requires the president to “solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States.” That language—particularly the words faithfully execute—was in 1787 “very commonly associated with the performance of public and private offices,” the Harvard Law Review article points out, and “anyone experienced in law or government” at that time would have recognized what it meant, “because it was so basic to … the law of executive officeholding.” In a nutshell, while carrying out his official duties, a president has to put the country, not himself, first; he must faithfully follow and enforce the law; and he must act with the utmost care in doing all that.

And Donald Trump, as president of the United States, is probably the most observable and observed person in the world. I’ve personally met and spoken with him only a few times, but anyone who knows him will tell you that Trump, in a way, has no facade: What you see of him publicly is what you get all the time, although you may get more of it in private. Any intelligent person who watches Trump closely on television, and pays careful attention to his words on Twitter and in the press, should be able to tell you as much about his behavior as a mental-health professional could.

One scholarly paper has suggested that accounts of a person’s behavior from laypeople who observe him might be more accurate than information from a clinical interview, and that this is especially true when considering two personality disorders in particular—what the DSM calls narcissistic personality disorder and antisocial personality disorder. These two disorders just happen to be the ones that have most commonly been ascribed to Trump by mental-health professionals over the past four years. Of these two disorders, the more commonly discussed when it comes to Trump is narcissistic personality disorder, or NPD—pathological narcissism. It’s also more important in considering Trump’s fitness for office, because it touches directly upon whether Trump has the capacity to put anyone’s interests—including the country’s and the Constitution’s—above his own."

To act as a fiduciary requires you to put someone else’s interests above your own, and Trump’s personality makes it impossible for him to do that. No president before him, at least in recent memory, has ever displayed such obsessive self-regard. For Trump, Trump always comes first. He places his interests over everyone else’s—including those of the nation whose laws he swore to faithfully execute. That’s not consistent with the duties of the president, whether considered from the standpoint of constitutional law or psychology."
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

kramerica.inc wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 3:45 pm This was a great way for Trump to "add religious diversity" to the White House.
What does that mean?

Diversity- We're regularly told multiple perspectives from people of different backgrounds is a good thing. Does hiring Christian Evangelicals not fit into that line of thinking? If not, why?
TRUMP SPIRITUAL ADVISER PAULA WHITE PRAYS AGAINST PRESIDENT'S OPPONENTS, SUGGESTS THEY 'OPERATE IN SORCERY AND WITCHCRAFT'
Alongside fellow Christian leaders Cindy Jacobs, Dave Kabul and Dutch Sheets, White has launched the One Voice Prayer Movement, starting the initiative on Tuesday with a prayer for Trump. "Lord, we ask you to deliver our president from any snare, any setup of the enemy, according to Ephesians 6:12. Any persons [or] entities that are aligned against the president will be exposed and dealt with and overturned by the superior blood of Jesus," she said during her prayer in a conference call with other Christian leaders.

"Whether it's the spirit of Leviathan, a spirit of Jezebel, Abaddon, whether it's the spirit of Belial, we come against the strongmen, especially Jezebel, that which would operate in sorcery and witchcraft, that which would operate in hidden things, veiled things, that which would operate in deception," she continued. "We come against it according to your word."

White's prayer continued by saying that anyone who stands against Trump "would be exposed and dealt with and overturned in Jesus' name." She said that believers know that Trump and his Christian supporters "do not wrestle against flesh and blood but against principalities, powers, rulers of darkness of this age, hosts of wickedness in heavenly places."
Diversity, in what way?

You missed my other questions back to you -

You - I agree. What are your thoughts on Islam?
Me - Mmmm, broad question....generally speaking I don't give much thought to Islam. Just another religion. What is your point?

You - Out of curiosity, what are your thoughts on religion as it's tied to immigration?
Me - Another interesting question - I guess I have none or I am missing the point of your question.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

foreverlax wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:25 am
kramerica.inc wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 3:45 pm This was a great way for Trump to "add religious diversity" to the White House.
What does that mean?

Diversity- We're regularly told multiple perspectives from people of different backgrounds is a good thing. Does hiring Christian Evangelicals not fit into that line of thinking? If not, why?
TRUMP SPIRITUAL ADVISER PAULA WHITE PRAYS AGAINST PRESIDENT'S OPPONENTS, SUGGESTS THEY 'OPERATE IN SORCERY AND WITCHCRAFT'
Alongside fellow Christian leaders Cindy Jacobs, Dave Kabul and Dutch Sheets, White has launched the One Voice Prayer Movement, starting the initiative on Tuesday with a prayer for Trump. "Lord, we ask you to deliver our president from any snare, any setup of the enemy, according to Ephesians 6:12. Any persons [or] entities that are aligned against the president will be exposed and dealt with and overturned by the superior blood of Jesus," she said during her prayer in a conference call with other Christian leaders.

"Whether it's the spirit of Leviathan, a spirit of Jezebel, Abaddon, whether it's the spirit of Belial, we come against the strongmen, especially Jezebel, that which would operate in sorcery and witchcraft, that which would operate in hidden things, veiled things, that which would operate in deception," she continued. "We come against it according to your word."

White's prayer continued by saying that anyone who stands against Trump "would be exposed and dealt with and overturned in Jesus' name." She said that believers know that Trump and his Christian supporters "do not wrestle against flesh and blood but against principalities, powers, rulers of darkness of this age, hosts of wickedness in heavenly places."
Diversity, in what way?

You missed my other questions back to you -

You - I agree. What are your thoughts on Islam?
Me - Mmmm, broad question....generally speaking I don't give much thought to Islam. Just another religion. What is your point?

You - Out of curiosity, what are your thoughts on religion as it's tied to immigration?
Me - Another interesting question - I guess I have none or I am missing the point of your question.
Clearly, Kram thinks hateful nutcases are under-represented in the WH???
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:18 pm
Thanks.

cradle, please stop with all the military chest beating. I give the benefit of the doubt to the honor of those who serve and served all the time, but when someone does something wrong, dishonorable, illegal, etc I understand that these human beings are not automatically immune to critique.

I have zero idea why you think criticizing Obama is relevant to that, but have at it. I didn't vote for him both times.
Back at you MD. Your never ending bloviating posts so you could perform your intellectual calisthenics grew old along time ago. They were impeccably composed and grammatically spot on and also boring as hell. Mercifully your criticism of me at least encompassed the use of brevity on your part. Good boy... good boy you get a cookie. I was going to take the time and explain to you WHY what Ollie did was as illegal and what Bush, Obama and Trump have done is also illegal. Maybe you can put your thinking cap and mull it over. Please use brevity if you choose to explain it to me. :P
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

And I am NOT kidding.
Yup. Cold hard fact!

Too bad that even though it was just a movie, Col. Jessup said something very profound that a narrow minded Rockefeller republican could not possibly comprehend...
" Son, we live in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Who's gonna do it...? YOU!!"

this saying was posted on the wall of our day room A Company/ 2nd Battalion/ 508th Airborne Infantry...
The quote is from Guy de Maupassant...

You've never lived until you've almost died. For those who have had to fight for it, live has a flavor the protected shall never know.

Sorry to have to break this to you MD, you are the poster child for how I define the protected. Have a great day sir.
Typical Lax Dad

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:26 pm

And I am NOT kidding.
Yup. Cold hard fact!

Too bad that even though it was just a movie, Col. Jessup said something very profound that a narrow minded Rockefeller republican could not possibly comprehend...
" Son, we live in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Who's gonna do it...? YOU!!"

this saying was posted on the wall of our day room A Company/ 2nd Battalion/ 508th Airborne Infantry...

You've never lived until you've almost died. For those who have had to fight for it, live has a flavor the protected shall never know.

Sorry to have to break this to you MD, you are the poster child for how I define the protected. Have a great day sir.
Jessup was the hero! Snot nose Tom Cruise brought him down. Santiago was a wus’ Type of guy that complains about hazing at Penn State. What kind of name is Santiago anyway? He ain’t american.

3rdPersonPlural

Post by 3rdPersonPlural »

Forever is immune to this, it seems.....

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.

That's Voltaire, BTW
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:01 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:18 pm
Thanks.

Back at you MD. Your never ending bloviating posts so you could perform your intellectual calisthenics grew old along time ago. They were impeccably composed and grammatically spot on and also boring as hell. Mercifully your criticism of me at least encompassed the use of brevity on your part. Good boy... good boy you get a cookie. I was going to take the time and explain to you WHY what Ollie did was as illegal and what Bush, Obama and Trump have done is also illegal. Maybe you can put your thinking cap and mull it over. Please use brevity if you choose to explain it to me. :P
I realize you don't like to be challenged on the 'military chest beating', gets you hot under the collar. I would simply like you to recognize that folks on here respect military service, and do give the benefit of the doubt as to 'duty, honor, country' but also don't assume that there aren't bad apples too; I think there are likely fewer such in that crew than in some other groups of folks, perhaps, but way too many exceptions as well. The scorn for those who did not do time in the military is also misplaced. But, hey, I get it that you don't like to be challenged on that.

Any time you want to put my 'bloviating' posts on 'ignore', no problem for me.

But sure, if you wish to explain to us what Ollie did that was illegal, or anyone else for that matter, I'm willing to pay attention. If I disagree, I'll respond, if I agree I'll give the ole thumbs up (need that emoji, admins).

Love to hear what you think Trump has done illegal, given that he's actually in a position to do more...
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

3rdPersonPlural wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:31 pm
Forever is immune to this, it seems.....

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.

That's Voltaire, BTW
Haha...sorry, guess I am missing your point as well.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

And I am NOT kidding.
Yup. Cold hard fact!

This is exactly the sort of arrogance that I wish you'd re-think, cradle.
But it's a free country, thankfully, so you've every right to your opinions.

Good quote by Guy, though. Inspiring for those who are expected to put their lives on the line for their fellow citizens.
Police, fire fighters, intelligence officers, diplomats in hot zones, etc would also have a right to be inspired by such a message.

So, too, all sorts of others in our society who work hard, sacrifice much, to be able to save a life or better the lot of others.

And certainly,I know cancer and heart attack survivors who'd say much the same about appreciating life.
Typical Lax Dad

https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/11/07/politi ... cnn.com%2F

Anyone know what the Clinton’s had to pay?
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Not a dime. The Trump’s are the premier crime family in NY charity circles. 2 million dollar fine and other penalties
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Meanwhile, this jerk gets through the Judiciary Committee.
Even ole Lindsey says "he's written some weird stuff"...yeah, "weird" is a compliment.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/07/politics ... index.html

And this is why the GOP supports Trump...he puts up far right wing young candidates for the top courts, lifetime appointments.
Who cares if they are actually qualified?
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Wrecking America is the plan.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

And I am NOT kidding.
Yup. Cold hard fact!

It’s this kind of arrogance that mandates civilian control over the military. It’s the recognition of the danger of such arrogance that distinguishes the United States’ professional military from the tin pot military juntas that still plague many nations around the world. Our Founding Fathers were highly skeptical of standing armies for good reason.

We civilians aren’t the “protected” ... we’re your fellow Americans. We respect the military, and the military better respect us ... We the People.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister

Return to “POLITICS”