Trump's Russian Collusion

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
a fan

Re: IMPEACHMENT ...from Mueller to Ukraine to ??

Post by a fan »

tech37 wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:19 pm You're right sorry.
Hey, I had to pull the poll question up. I thought the reporting was wrong, and did a double take. No sweat.
tech37 wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:19 pm Don't get me wrong, it was stupid of him to mention the Bidens and obviously he did. I think the Trump faithful are as insane as the resistance impeachers
Ditto. They're both filbert.

From my perspective, we just can't let Trump do that. You can't go after a political rival like that. Nixonian stuff.

Impeachment will cost me $500K+ next year in excise taxes as legislation is grinding to a halt...and we need an extension on a tax reduction bill. So believe me, I'd rather we not impeach.

But we don't have a choice, IMHO. We can't let our leaders turn the White House into the Kremlin.
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

Impeachment Support Up Slightly But Trump Job Rating Steady

Questions of interest
11. Have you heard anything about recent reports that Donald Trump asked the Ukrainian president to investigate Joe Biden and his son, or haven’t you heard about this?
over 75 have heard a lot or a little
12. Is it appropriate or not appropriate for a U.S. president to make this type of request to a foreign leader?
63% say it's inappropriate, 21% appropriate
13. Do you think Donald Trump probably did or probably did not mention the possibility of an investigation into the Biden family during his conversation with the Ukrainian president?

"Just over 6-in-10 Americans (62%) believe it is likely that Trump mentioned the possibility of an investigation into Biden during his call with Zelenskiy, while 15% say he probably did not do this and 23% are unsure."
SMAIN

Post by SMAIN »

In spite of all the negativity, the poll from "The Hill" has Trump's approval up 2 points to 49%.... not bad for all the fake news, fake whistleblower and fake impeachment effort. :D
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

SMAIN wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:51 pm In spite of all the negativity, the poll from "The Hill" has Trump's approval up 2 points to 49%.... not bad for all the fake news, fake whistleblower and fake impeachment effort. :D
Hill (49) is even above Rasmussen (47).

The RCP average is 43% with about the same approval rating (53.5) as Hill (51) and Rasmussen (52%)
ggait

Post by ggait »

And the more recent (and more historically accurate) YouGov has it 41% App, 52% Dis. Come on guys, you know Rass polls are just not very good. And you can't look at just one poll no matter whose it is.

RCP's average has Trump at -10.3% today. Nate Silver's 538 average has Trump with a -12.7% approval rating today 10/3/19. And look at Silver's previous averages:

-9.7% on 7/1/19
-12.0% on 1/1/19
-10.5% on 7/1/18
-14.4% on 7/1/17

No matter what happens, Trump's number really never goes down. And it never goes up either.

He's basically been -10 to -15 his entire presidency. No president has ever been like the before -- so consistently negative. All other presidents have gone up and down and up again. While Trump may get re-elected, very doubtful he will ever get above water. Most people don't like him -- never have and never will.
Last edited by ggait on Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

If he is reelected, and especially if it happens while losing the popular vote (almost a certainty this will be the case) -- Katie bar the door. Trump stands a better than even chance of getting the civil war he wants.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
SMAIN

Post by SMAIN »

Trump's approval rating is higher then Obama's at this point in time....
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

SMAIN wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:02 pm Trump's approval rating is higher then Obama's at this point in time....
Source, please. Is this a comparison of each chap's first term?
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

A213BED2-683F-435F-9B7F-0E095BE4AD15.jpeg
A213BED2-683F-435F-9B7F-0E095BE4AD15.jpeg (29.03 KiB) Viewed 1988 times
Library of Congress cafeteria today...
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

RedFromMI wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:24 pm A213BED2-683F-435F-9B7F-0E095BE4AD15.jpeg

Library of Congress cafeteria today...
The chef at the LoC could be in deep doo doo with that dish. I wonder if they brought a piece up to the oval office.😄
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
ggait

Post by ggait »

SMAIN wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:02 pm Trump's approval rating is higher then Obama's at this point in time....
Per the 538 averages.

On day 987 of term 1, Obama was at -8 and Trump is at -12.7. So not a huge difference. But more telling is this.

Obama was above water for most of his first term. His low point was right about now, and by re-election day he had rebounded to +12. Clinton, Reagan and the Bushes had a similar graphs.

Trump is unique in that he has been negative for his entire first term so far. So it would be a BIG change if he ever got above water. Getting to +12 would be entirely new territory for Trump.

Part of that is today's increased polarization. The other part is that Trump consistently is just really disliked by most Americans.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

So he was right, Trump is up. And by your argument, Obama should have been smoking him if he was above water, considering everyone hates Trump.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:44 pm So he was right, Trump is up. And by your argument, Obama should have been smoking him if he was above water, considering everyone hates Trump.
Trump had one day above BHO...day 981.

Considering that Trump has "done more then anyone else in the history of our country", while BHO, was a "Kenyan Muslim", who inherited the 2nd worst economy of all time, his numbers stink.
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/03/politics ... index.html

Oh, look, GOP Senators joined Biden in pressure on crooked Ukraine prosecutor. Why did they try to help Hunter?
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
ggait

Post by ggait »

So he was right, Trump is up.
Obama's minus 8 is higher than Trump's minus 12.7 as of day 987

According to 538/Nate Silver, Trump's net approval has never been better than Obama's. Not even for one day. Not even in the depths of the Great Recession. Folks generally just don't like Trump.
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

wahoomurf wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:08 pm
Source, please. Is this a comparison of each chap's first term?
Thanks for clarifying. I emailed Giuliani and he corroborated your source. :roll:
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Special Envoy Volker tells Congress that Giuliani was warned Biden story was bogus. In Heaven, John McCain laughs.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Pence is central to the Ukraine impeachment story:

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/pen ... n-timeline
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/top-dip ... d=66039011

A different West Point grad called foul. Bill Taylor, Vietnam vet, objected to these dirtbags in real time. Volker brought receipts. Pence is losing all deniability.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Can we not just impeach him for being a criminally stupid oaf?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... story.html

"President Trump called on China on Thursday to investigate former vice president Joe Biden and his son Hunter in relation to the younger Biden’s business dealings during the tenure of the former vice president.

Can you folks just settle on a conservative with a f*cking brain?

Return to “POLITICS”