Trump's Russian Collusion

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Typical Lax Dad

Re: IMPEACHMENT ...from Mueller to Ukraine to ??

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

6ftstick wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:44 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:29 am
6ftstick wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:24 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:21 am
tech37 wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:32 am
seacoaster wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:43 am Newsweek reports that only 40% of Republicans believe Trump mentioned Biden on the call with Zelensky. W.T.F. is wrong with these folks?
Because when objective people read the entire conversation and the controversial lines in context, they are willing to give the POTUS the benefit of doubt.
I want to know who gave the order to hide the transcript....was it the Rosato brothers?
You do know the TRANSCRIPT is released.
You do know without the WB it would still be hidden....did Trump blame it on the Rosato Brothers?
You do know that since the release of private conversations between the President and the heads of foreign governments were LEAKED to the media White House Policy sought to secure those conversations for national security purposes. But what's your point. The transcript—Listened in on by nearly 2 dozen people was released.

But you'd rather believe the innuendo regarding Trump and deny the actual pressure applied by Biden.
What aspects of that call had National Security implications? Who gave the order to hide it? My guess is that it wasn’t the Rosato Brothers.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

a fan

Post by a fan »

njbill wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:43 am Whoa. Whoa. I never said anything about trusting the Ukrainians. In fact I said (twice) the exact opposite — that I don’t want the Ukrainians involved. I have said (twice) any investigation needs to be legitimate.

I’m not nearly as negative on Joe as you seem to be. He is far from a perfect candidate, but I don’t agree he is Hillary 2.0. Yes, he has earned some big bucks for some speeches, but all ex-pols do that these days regardless of party.
Apologies for the vagueness of my post-----not one word of my post was directed at you or your post!

Sorry about that. I was venting about Biden. None of that was aimed at you, or anything you wrote!
njbill

Post by njbill »

OK. Got it. Thanks.
3rdPersonPlural

Post by 3rdPersonPlural »

https://www.npr.org/2019/10/02/76638741 ... -documents

Sounds like Subpoena Colada for getting caught in Ukraine
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

foreverlax wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:04 am Judge Andrew Napolitano: Trump’s call with Ukraine president manifests criminal and impeachable behavior

Another conservative that has lost his way...freakin Rinos. ;)
Interesting opinion from Judge Napolitano. It is funny how some hard core FLP folks on this forum just hated the man. It is so easy to go from zero to hero. The love and respect of the FLP jackwagons is very fickle. If Judge Napolitano makes comments tomorrow defending Trump... he will once again become a low life scumbag...😁
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Trump just asked China to investigate the Bidens. I turd you not.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:00 am
foreverlax wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:04 am Judge Andrew Napolitano: Trump’s call with Ukraine president manifests criminal and impeachable behavior

Another conservative that has lost his way...freakin Rinos. ;)
Interesting opinion from Judge Napolitano. He makes a compelling case, based on his views of the known facts and his extensive knowledge of the law

It is funny how some hard core FLP folks on this forum just hated the man. I suspect the folks you are referencing would like to weigh in on your assumption

It is so easy to go from zero to hero. Boy, ain't that the truth. Especially from Forever Trumpers - you can read that in the comments section...politics makes strange bedfellows

The love and respect of the FLP jackwagons is very fickle. If Judge Napolitano makes comments tomorrow defending Trump... he will once again become a low life scumbag...😁 Perhaps for the FLP folks, but he would regain hero status amongst the FRP.

I have always found Judge Nap to be consistent when it comes to his views of the law.
a fan

Post by a fan »

seacoaster wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:43 am Newsweek reports that only 40% of Republicans believe Trump mentioned Biden on the call with Zelensky. W.T.F. is wrong with these folks?
Because when objective people read the entire conversation and the controversial lines in context, they are willing to give the POTUS the benefit of doubt.
Benefit of the doubt as to whether or not Trump discussed Joe Biden on that call with the President?

In what world do the two words "Joe Biden" not mean Joe Biden?

That 60% is denying Trump used those words.

That's like saying when Nixon said "the Watergate Hotel" on tape, he didn't say the Watergate Hotel.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Trinity wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:04 am Trump just asked China to investigate the Bidens. I turd you not.
Trump is just trying to get a rise out of democrats / liberals / real moderates / patriots / people with brains. The Chinese and other world leaders are going to laugh at him as they have in the past. Just add it to the list of impeachable offenses - otherwise ignore him.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

He’s telling the whole world it’s okay to investigate Americans and trade the dirt with him.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Trinity wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:40 am He’s telling the whole world it’s okay to investigate Americans and trade the dirt with him.
Of course he is. It is despicable. That is now what the republican party and his scum bag supporters stand for.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Trinity wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:04 am Trump just asked China to investigate the Bidens. I turd you not.
No he didn't. Ask tech37 and those 60% of Republicans. He didn't say "China". He said "China".

There's a big difference between China and China. (apparently) ;)

(just kidding around, Tech)
tech37

Post by tech37 »

a fan wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:13 am
Benefit of the doubt as to whether or not Trump discussed Joe Biden on that call with the President?

In what world do the two words "Joe Biden" not mean Joe Biden?

That 60% is denying Trump used those words.

That's like saying when Nixon said "the Watergate Hotel" on tape, he didn't say the Watergate Hotel.
That's the problem with all of this. Within the context of the transcript (corruption in general), try proving Trump's intent to, (what's the charge du jour?), "dig up dirt on a political opponent." Good luck...
a fan

Post by a fan »

You didn't read the poll. What the poll said was that 60% of the Republicans polled didn't think Trump MENTIONED Biden on that phone call.

The poll question did ask about the content of the conversation. Simply put: did Trump utter the two words "Joe Biden"?

You don't have to prove anything, btw. Just as Trump can't be indicted, he also doesn't get the protections you and I have....juries, reasonable doubt, etc. It's all up to Mitch McConnell and his political calculus. "Prove" never enters the conversation.

If you're going to act like that conversation wasn't asking a foreign leader to investigate a political rival, you can certainly do that.

Remember: Trump isn't our last President. And politicians pay very careful attention as to what citizens let them get away with.....and that list has grown with every President after Nixon.

I expect the next President will be worse. Doubly so if that President is Trump. You've just told him that he can use foreign leaders to go after his enemies, and you won't care..and pretend that the words Joe Biden don't mean Joe Biden somehow.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

a fan wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:09 pm You didn't read the poll. What the poll said was that 60% of the Republicans polled didn't think Trump MENTIONED Biden on that phone call.

The poll question did ask about the content of the conversation. Simply put: did Trump utter the two words "Joe Biden"?

You don't have to prove anything, btw. Just as Trump can't be indicted, he also doesn't get the protections you and I have....juries, reasonable doubt, etc. It's all up to Mitch McConnell and his political calculus. "Prove" never enters the conversation.

If you're going to act like that conversation wasn't asking a foreign leader to investigate a political rival, you can certainly do that.

Remember: Trump isn't our last President. And politicians pay very careful attention as to what citizens let them get away with.....and that list has grown with every President after Nixon.

I expect the next President will be worse. Doubly so if that President is Trump. You've just told him that he can use foreign leaders to go after his enemies, and you won't care..and pretend that the words Joe Biden don't mean Joe Biden somehow.
Maybe RRR/ABV's idea of Hillary making a comeback isn't such a bad idea.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Any of you want to give the Forum the tap dance as to how this doesn't count as asking a foreign leader to investigate a political rival?

Trump at 10:37:54 a.m., asked about Ukraine probe: "Likewise, China should start an investigation into the Bidens."

Tech? Anyone?
tech37

Post by tech37 »

a fan wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:09 pm You didn't read the poll. What the poll said was that 60% of the Republicans polled didn't think Trump MENTIONED Biden on that phone call.

The poll question did ask about the content of the conversation. Simply put: did Trump utter the two words "Joe Biden"? You're right sorry. Don't get me wrong, it was stupid of him to mention the Bidens and obviously he did. I think the Trump faithful are as insane as the resistance impeachers.

You don't have to prove anything, btw. Just as Trump can't be indicted, he also doesn't get the protections you and I have....juries, reasonable doubt, etc. It's all up to Mitch McConnell and his political calculus. "Prove" never enters the conversation. Again IMO, in the court of public opinion (which is yuuuge in this case) he gets all of that.
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

a fan wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:16 pm Any of you want to give the Forum the tap dance as to how this doesn't count as asking a foreign leader to investigate a political rival?

Trump at 10:37:54 a.m., asked about Ukraine probe: "Likewise, China should start an investigation into the Bidens."

Tech? Anyone?
Pretty sure he didn't ask "China to start an investigation into the Biden's"....he asked for "an investigation to start on the Biden's by China." ;)

At least he makes impeachment worthy comments in public. :roll:
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

tech37 wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:19 pm

The poll question did ask about the content of the conversation. Simply put: did Trump utter the two words "Joe Biden"? You're right sorry. Don't get me wrong, it was stupid of him to mention the Bidens and obviously he did. I think the Trump faithful are as insane as the resistance impeachers.

You don't have to prove anything, btw. Just as Trump can't be indicted, he also doesn't get the protections you and I have....juries, reasonable doubt, etc. It's all up to Mitch McConnell and his political calculus. "Prove" never enters the conversation. Again IMO, in the court of public opinion (which is yuuuge in this case) he gets all of that.
Nice try - not buying it. :lol: :lol:

Return to “POLITICS”