CNN Says 'White Men' are the Biggest Terror Threat in US

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
MDlaxfan76

Re: CNN Says 'White Men' are the Biggest Terror Threat in US

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Well sure, we're not going to stop people from making bad decisions, including those which kill them eventually.

However, there's a big difference between fat (not all fats are detrimental) and salt...versus sugar.

In some ways they are similar: Our bodies are tuned to love fat, salt and sugar, given that they were scarce in nature throughout the great majority of our evolution, indeed required significant effort to get enough of each, yet our systems require at least some of each in our diets.. We, therefore, love the taste, we get a 'reward' for achieving them.

However, Sugar is actually highly addictive.
Fat and salt are not, we don't go through the same withdrawal from them.

So, instead of subsidizing sugar production, (making sugar extremely low-cost), if we stopped the subsidies (re-targeting ag subsidies to fruits and vegetables) and instead taxed sugar heavily this would translate throughout the processed food system, as so many of our processed foods include added sugars (including that pizza, cheeseburger, etc BTW). Food companies would be financially incentivized to look for other ways to achieve attractive tastes, using less or no added sugar. Interestingly, fresh food actually tastes better once your taste buds adjust!

I don't have an issue with taxing other highly processed food ingredients, including processed salt, but there's nothing akin to the impact reducing sugar intake would have on the development of diabetes, heart disease, metabolic disorders, etc.

Likewise, making nutritionally dense, fresh or fresh/frozen, foods less costly and more accessible would help, especially with lower income families.

Want to talk about absolutely nutso public policy? Look no further than our Food Stamp program which allows Coke and Doritos, but won't let a family use these funds to buy a rotisserie chicken (which is often lower cost than buying an uncooked chicken and doing it yourself as grocers use it as a loss-leader). So dumb. And all driven by Big Food. Lobbying. They claim they can't figure out which products are 'healthy' and which are 'unhealthy' (which is total BS - there all sorts of very good food scoring systems already in existence) and the BS arguments they have been telling us for years "all calories are equal"...just so untrue.

I get a bit wound up on this because this is actually the industry I'm in, with our company helping consumers make smarter choices, affordably and deliciously.

Again, as a conservative, I can get enthusiastic about providing nutritional support for poor families, especially those with kids (they do better in school, etc), but darn if I want those dollars going to Pepsi and Fritos!! Give me a long term investment rationale for using my tax dollars well, but do it smart!
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Watch Gamechangers on Netflix. You might adjust your diet.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

ChairmanOfTheBoard wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:00 pm i've been glued to LP/FL for nearly 20 years. how long do i have?
Depends how many of the recipes you followed in the Recipes / Libations thread. If more than half of them, then maybe 6 months to a year.
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

ChairmanOfTheBoard wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:00 pm i've been glued to LP/FL for nearly 20 years. how long do i have?
Another great thread lost!!! :o
ChairmanOfTheBoard

Post by ChairmanOfTheBoard »

:D
:lol:
There are 29,413,039 corporations in America; but only one Chairman of the Board.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:33 am
Peter Brown wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:58 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:51 am I am off today for Veterans Day and am going to a local hamburger establishment for my free veterans cheeseburger with fries. I might even sprinkle a little extra salt on the fries... how bad of me.

Go to Chick-fil A; free sandwiches to Vets today! Plus some on this board probably don't love the Cathy's too much.
Making the rounds... :D

Hope you enjoyed it! The Cathy family are simply wonderful people!
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:54 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:51 am I am off today for Veterans Day and am going to a local hamburger establishment for my free veterans cheeseburger with fries. I might even sprinkle a little extra salt on the fries... how bad of me.

Go to Chick-fil A; free sandwiches to Vets today! Plus some on this board probably don't love the Cathy's too much.

Chick-filet was a mob scene yesterday. I have been impressed by their operation. I did quite a bit of work in the Greece NY store when it was under construction. They know their business and what their customers want.
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:22 am

Chick-filet was a mob scene yesterday. I have been impressed by their operation. I did quite a bit of work in the Greece NY store when it was under construction. They know their business and what their customers want.

Clean stores, clean bathrooms, great service, happy employees; you fele good eating there.

Wawa and Chick-fil-A take care of the little things and the big things speak for themselves.
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:25 am

Clean stores, clean bathrooms, great service, happy employees; you fele good eating there.

Wawa and Chick-fil-A take care of the little things and the big things speak for themselves.
Away from their special sauce, the thing I really love about their employees...politeness.

The vast majority of folks rarely respond to a "thank you" with anything beyond a "sure" or "no problem" or worse, a "grunt". Responding with "it's my pleasure", is master's level politeness, which I applaud loudly and often.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

foreverlax wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:41 am

Away from their special sauce, the thing I really love about their employees...politeness.

The vast majority of folks rarely respond to a "thank you" with anything beyond a "sure" or "no problem" or worse, a "grunt". Responding with "it's my pleasure", is master's level politeness, which I applaud loudly and often.

Noted. Excellent observation. I am bringing this point up at our team meeting tomorrow.
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:11 pm
foreverlax wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:41 am

Noted. Excellent observation. I am bringing this point up at our team meeting tomorrow.
Part of what we want to instill in 8th grade players - manners, politeness and respect.

A server who brings you an extra napkin should never say, "no problem", after you say thanks...of course it's not a problem, it's your job..."you're welcome, it's my pleasure".
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Stephen Miller Is What We Thought He Was: a Racist, a Nativist and a White Supremacist

"president" Don the Con's right hand man...in charge of the nation's immigration policy.

Brilliant.

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
Bandito

Post by Bandito »

holmes435 wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:00 pm
Bandito wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:56 pmMe? Nope. That’s your buddies crying about Trump being their President. I’m just here to speak truth and make sure they know how wrong they were in 2016. Everyone on here is a sore loser. Move on! Get over it! Trump is your President
Congrats on being so diverse. Why are you obsessed with it? Why not be for the best person to do the job? Liberals are obsessive over race and diversity it proves time and again they are the biggest racists and bigots among the population. Democrats don’t care about blacks, gays, Hispanics or women if they don’t vote Democrat. Why aren’t you talking about the new AG from KY who’s a black Republican! First ever to serve in KY. Doesn’t fit your narrative now does it?
You're the one on here so obsessed with diversity that you were yelling about it regarding Bloomberg - you're the one who brought it up. You're also obsessed with your AG from KY who is black. You are parading him around like he's your one black friend to prove you're not racist.

Why would I need to talk about him anyway, I don't live in Kentucky. Congrats to him for winning though!

What are you doing to help blacks, gays, hispanics and women that don't vote for Republicans? Why aren't you talking about that?
I proved your hypocrisy. How are you this dense ?
Farfromgeneva is a sissy soy boy
CU88

Post by CU88 »

Epic Fox News FAIL:

While we're making fun of Brian Kilmeade for being dumb, yesterday was the ninth anniversary of the time he and Steve Doocy tried to roast marshmallows over an open fire with bare hands and a plastic spoon on-air.

https://www.mediamatters.org/fox-friend ... stic-spoon
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
Bandito

Post by Bandito »

dislaxxic wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:43 pm Stephen Miller Is What We Thought He Was: a Racist, a Nativist and a White Supremacist

"president" Don the Con's right hand man...in charge of the nation's immigration policy.

Brilliant.

No he’s not. Why don’t you report on how Robert Byrd, former Senator from WVA was best friends with Hillary and Bill Clinton? Robert Byrd was actually a Grand Keagle in the KKK!!!! A Democrat KKK member. Color me shocked! Democrats own racism. What about Omar, and AOC anti Semitism? When nothing else sticks Dems scream racism, in reality they are the real racists. Proven time and time again throughout history
Bandito

Post by Bandito »

CU88 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:51 am Epic Fox News FAIL:

While we're making fun of Brian Kilmeade for being dumb, yesterday was the ninth anniversary of the time he and Steve Doocy tried to roast marshmallows over an open fire with bare hands and a plastic spoon on-air.

https://www.mediamatters.org/fox-friend ... stic-spoon
Dumb? Yet you fawn over AOC who is the dumbest member of the House who only got voted in because of her race.
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

Bandito wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:47 am
holmes435 wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:00 pm
Bandito wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:56 pmMe? Nope. That’s your buddies crying about Trump being their President. I’m just here to speak truth and make sure they know how wrong they were in 2016. Everyone on here is a sore loser. Move on! Get over it! Trump is your President
Congrats on being so diverse. Why are you obsessed with it? Why not be for the best person to do the job? Liberals are obsessive over race and diversity it proves time and again they are the biggest racists and bigots among the population. Democrats don’t care about blacks, gays, Hispanics or women if they don’t vote Democrat. Why aren’t you talking about the new AG from KY who’s a black Republican! First ever to serve in KY. Doesn’t fit your narrative now does it?
You're the one on here so obsessed with diversity that you were yelling about it regarding Bloomberg - you're the one who brought it up. You're also obsessed with your AG from KY who is black. You are parading him around like he's your one black friend to prove you're not racist.

Why would I need to talk about him anyway, I don't live in Kentucky. Congrats to him for winning though!

What are you doing to help blacks, gays, hispanics and women that don't vote for Republicans? Why aren't you talking about that?
I proved your hypocrisy. How are you this dense ?
Nope, you never proved. And it took you twelve days to respond with this and with absolutely no proof? #sad
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Bandito, is it true you are really a 14 year old girl? You sure do argue and write like one.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Bandito

Post by Bandito »

jhu72 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:25 am Bandito, is it true you are really a 14 year old girl? You sure do argue and write like one.
Hey at least I’m not an old fuddyduddy who is going senile and voted for Hillary! #loser #orangemanbad #pervert
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

what more proof do I need given you snappy comeback? :lol: :lol:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM

Return to “POLITICS”