Sensible Gun Safety

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Typical Lax Dad

Re: Sensible Gun Control

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:49 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:25 pm
DMac wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:33 pm Gotta agree with L&M though, TLD, the two situations you linked aren't much about guns the way I see it.
Those two incidents likely would have happened another way if there weren't any available guns.
I don’t know. You can keep your guns. I don’t want to take them away. I want future generations to not be interested in guns and for access to be harder. A lot of senseless domestic shootings will drop off.
Your telling folks that they can keep their guns. The problem is there is an ever growing movement on the gun hating side that believes people should not be allowed to keep their guns. In fact they should be the ones to determine what guns and what magazines people should be allowed to have. Maybe we should also tone down the 1st amendment and limit some of the hate speech coming from that arena? It is sort of an apples to apples comparison to the second amendment. There are elements of the 1st amendment that are the high capacity magazines of the second amendment. Shut them down and shut them up... that is the new American way after all. What the hell reason did I join the army to protect all of our freedoms? Stupid people... and I mean stupid people have forgotten the concept of freedom and are willing to hand that freedom over to the monarchs in DC. The saddest part is that they are willing to do so without as much as a whimper. Red Flag laws sound like a great idea. The downside is once these people in DC establish a precedent for going into an American citizens house and removing their firearms because they deem you unfit to own one. They will be able to go into anyones house and remove their firearms for whatever reason that suits their fancy. There should be a Red Flag when it comes to Red Flag laws. :roll:
I am speaking for myself. Why do you care? You and I will probably be dead.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
Typical Lax Dad

LandM

Post by LandM »

TLD,
We can keep chasing the tail - dude is running around naked - fix the REAL problem.
BTW, best friend in HS - great athlete - 6'2" 220 - dunk a bb under the hoop. Dad was abusive - he paralyzes dad in fight - lives with me, mom, and sister and graduates hs. Recruited all over the place - nope, drugs, alcohol, and a mental issue. He is in the NV state pen for the rest of of his life.
Typical Lax Dad

LandM wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:10 pm TLD,
We can keep chasing the tail - dude is running around naked - fix the REAL problem.
BTW, best friend in HS - great athlete - 6'2" 220 - dunk a bb under the hoop. Dad was abusive - he paralyzes dad in fight - lives with me, mom, and sister and graduates hs. Recruited all over the place - nope, drugs, alcohol, and a mental issue. He is in the NV state pen for the rest of of his life.
I prefer dealing with the problem from both ends. I know plenty of stories as you described. One of which involves a player with NBA hall of fame talent according to Dominique Wilkins, Mark Aguirre, John Paxton, Isiah Thomas and the old GM from the Sixers. Was going to be drafted out of high school when it was unheard of. My brother bought the guy a bike a few weeks ago as it’s his only mode of transportation. I remember my last conversation with him. His last words to me was this: “when it’s your turn you can go to Michigan State. It’s Magic’s team now....”. Years later I realized just how foolish his statement was. I was never good enough to play at that level but I played with and against many names you know.
Typical Lax Dad

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/h ... 379136.php

Waiting for the burglar to get shot.
Typical Lax Dad

I spoke too soon.... A homeowner finally got a bad guy.

https://www.whio.com/news/local/dayton- ... bBhaGlthJ/
3rdPersonPlural

Post by 3rdPersonPlural »

Besides this, a close friend who teaches in the UT system in Tennessee gotr locked down yesterday because an off duty cop thought it prudent to stroll the campus loaded for bear.

Now kids have protocols to say goodbye to their parents and loved ones when a shooter is suspected?

This has got to stop.

Typical Lax Dad

Typical Lax Dad

Wonder why another civilian didn’t take him out.

https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/shooti ... 019-09-01/
CU77

Post by CU77 »

holmes435 wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:44 pm A brief search from just the past few days:
These incidents do exist, but are greatly outnumbered by unstopped killings by bad guys with guns (by about 4 to 1, depending on exactly how you count, per national statistics).
CU77

Post by CU77 »

3rdPersonPlural wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:05 pmThis has got to stop.
Want it to stop?

Vote Democrat. Every time, every race, every level of government.
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Texas eased gun restrictions this week. To make us safer.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

CU77 wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:13 pm
Want it to stop?

Just like it has worked in Chicago. Crooks don't give a flying fig about gun laws or any other laws for that matter. Vote Democrat all day long... the crooks don't care who you vote for. They will keep getting the same guns and keep shooting away. You want to stop them... enforce the freaking laws that are on the books already... ever thought about that unique concept? :roll: Here is my plan... get caught with and illegal weapon you do 30 years in jail... no parole... no anything but sitting your ass behind bars. i bet that gets the message out real damn quick. i bet these crud bums won't go near an illegal weapon. They may be crooks but they ain't stupid. How naive of me... why try something that would actually send a message to anyone possessing an illegal firearm? :roll:
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
ggait

Post by ggait »

Odessa shooter kills 7, wounds over 20.

Six shooter? Knife? Baseball bat? Nah.

AR-15 with big clips. Like always.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
Typical Lax Dad

ggait wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:56 pm Odessa shooter kills 7, wounds over 20.

You mean he wasn’t throwing rocks?
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

ggait wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:56 pm Odessa shooter kills 7, wounds over 20.

And more than twice that were murdered by handguns that same day on average.

AR-15's are a bogeyman you've fallen for. They also don't use clips. Basic facts will help your cause.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Want it to stop?

Oh B.S.

Really? What's that going to do?

Baltimore, an entirely democrat-run city for the past 50 years, just had three (3) quadruple shootings over the Labor Day weekend.

12 shot this weekend. 227 killed this year.

https://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2019/09/ ... baltimore/

Let's look to Chicago, another democrat stronghold:

30 shot over the labor day weekend. 7 dead.

46 killed in August. 338 killed this year.

https://wgntv.com/2019/09/02/34-shot-8- ... -violence/

And those are just two cities with dozens more like it.

Everyone needs to quit their political posturing and lies on this issue. When it comes to gun violence, Democrats aren't stopping squat either.

The Democrats are just as incompetent when it comes to major gun violence as the Republicans are. Each side is looking the other way and totally scared to do or say anything that directly criticizes their base's "culture" and way of life.

Until both sides get serious about really fixing the problem, the deaths will continue.
Typical Lax Dad

kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:17 am
Want it to stop?

Oh B.S.

Really? What's that going to do?

Baltimore, an entirely democrat-run city for the past 50 years, just had three (3) quadruple shootings over the Labor Day weekend.

12 shot this weekend. 227 killed this year.

https://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2019/09/ ... baltimore/

Let's look to Chicago, another democrat stronghold:

30 shot over the labor day weekend. 7 dead.

46 killed in August. 338 killed this year.

https://wgntv.com/2019/09/02/34-shot-8- ... -violence/

And those are just two cities with dozens more like it.

Everyone needs to quit their political posturing and lies on this issue. When it comes to gun violence, Democrats aren't stopping squat either.

The Democrats are just as incompetent when it comes to major gun violence as the Republicans are. Each side is looking the other way and totally scared to do or say anything that directly criticizes their base's "culture" and way of life.

Until both sides get serious about really fixing the problem, the deaths will continue.
Gun violence is a problem in this country. We need to change the culture and reduce the supply. When guns are plentiful, deaths by firearm will be plentiful.
ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

Just think how bad things would be in places like Chicago if you could just bring in firearms across state lines from the anything goes states. Good thing our state borders are heavily fortified with welcome centers.

Return to “POLITICS”