Miscellaneous questions, thoughts, impressions, etc.

D1 Womens Lacrosse
Fischer

Re: Miscellaneous questions, thoughts, impressions, etc.

Post by Fischer »

DMac wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:53 pm So you're thinking I don't know that? You forgetting the part about my just having a little fun?
The girl plays for Cuse lax so she's got a little something going on. She did do a decent job when
she saw the field last year which is probably why Gary put her out there. He must've seen
something in her that you don't.
Would love to share with you, I think you need it.
Oh, and you didn't answer my question.
Just bustin your chops dmac. I know u love your Cuse girls
I don’t know. She just looks unhinged. Like loosy 😹. Makes me nervous when she has possession
watcherinthewoods

Post by watcherinthewoods »

Fischer wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:22 pm
DMac wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:16 pm
Fischer wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:55 pm
DMac wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:49 am Carney and Maddy Baxter.
Maddy Baxter what?
Just having a little fun there, Fischer, after all we're talking about Tewaaraton finalists in September....and not last years.
Who knows, maybe the 5'10" flaming red head Sophomore with potential will have a break out season and go nuts. Hey, ya never know. Stay tuned.
I’ll have whatever you’re smokin. Watching her run is uncomfortable at best. I wouldn’t be surprised if she doesn’t get time this year
I second that emotion ^
DMac

Post by DMac »

Fischer wrote
Just bustin your chops dmac. I know u love your Cuse girls
I don’t know. She just looks unhinged. Like loosy 😹. Makes me nervous when she has possession
Oh, good to know.
Yup, stick handling needs some work, can make you a little nervous.
Scored three Gs v UA, all assisted. She cuts in front front of the cage with some pretty
good speed, stick high. Give her a good pass and you've got a decent shot at getting a G.
Scored v BC, Loyola, L'ville, and Fla too.
Last edited by DMac on Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

seacoaster wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:43 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:36 pm She is a remarkable player with a lot of natural talent though--and all over the field, too. With the Maryland Mystique going for her, it's not outside the realm of possibility if she has a great year.
Actually, this is the year when we will see if her game grows. She has an excellent first step and great speed, and dodges very well. She had 50+ goals and one assist, which says something about Maryland's season last year. She is a player who will be keyed on this year, and will have to learn to find teammates when the slide comes.
I'm groping in the dark here but, it helps #40 that Reese brought in Cordingley. She'll take some attention off HL. I think if anyone has the talent and skill set to be the high scorer on the team it's Leubecker, maybe by design. There are some other capable goal scorers among the May sisters and Hannah Warther to take some more focus away from Leubecker, but they'll have to get more aggressive. Did I hear G. Griffin will be concentrating on the defensive end of the field next year? If not, they'll need her goals too.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:17 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:36 pm She is a remarkable player with a lot of natural talent though--and all over the field, too. With the Maryland Mystique going for her, it's not outside the realm of possibility if she has a great year.
Actually, this is the year when we will see if her game grows. She has an excellent first step and great speed, and dodges very well. She had 50+ goals and one assist, which says something about Maryland's season last year. She is a player who will be keyed on this year, and will have to learn to find teammates when the slide comes.
I'm groping in the dark here but, it helps #40 that Reese brought in Cordingley. She'll take some attention off HL. I think if anyone has the talent and skill set to be the high scorer on the team it's Leubecker, maybe by design. There are some other capable goal scorers among the May sisters and Hannah Warther to take some more focus away from Leubecker, but they'll have to get more aggressive. Did I hear G. Griffin will be concentrating on the defensive end of the field next year? If not, they'll need her goals too.
Just not sure about this, because I’m not close enough to the Maryland program. Is the older May back? Warther back? I know they talked about Griffin shoring up defense in Colson’s absence two years ago. Not sure now.

Cordingly helps replace B. Griffin for sure.
LarryGamLax

Post by LarryGamLax »

DMac wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:40 pm Nah, Maryland's gone all to hell, pretty tough to win it when you're playing on a second rate team.

You're just kidding right? So, according to you, other than Maryland, name a few more 2nd rate teams. I'm curious because I want to make sure I really focus on them. ;)
OuttaNowhereWregget

LarryGamLax wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:08 am
DMac wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:40 pm Nah, Maryland's gone all to hell, pretty tough to win it when you're playing on a second rate team.

You're just kidding right? So, according to you, other than Maryland, name a few more 2nd rate teams. I'm curious because I want to make sure I really focus on them. ;)
I don’t know if DMac’s using hyperbole but that’s what they’ve been since winning it all in ‘19—a second rate team. (What I mean by 2nd rate is—not a serious threat to win it all or even get to Memorial Day.)
tothedraw

Post by tothedraw »

I feel like DMAC was being facetious in his post - poking the bear for fun.

It's ridiculous you think teams are "second rate" if they don't make it to Memorial Day. I know, again I'll be told "It's my opinion and you don't have to read it". Well, I did. And my opinion is I'm annoyed at yours.
OuttaNowhereWregget

tothedraw wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:40 am I feel like DMAC was being facetious in his post - poking the bear for fun.

It's ridiculous you think teams are "second rate" if they don't make it to Memorial Day. I know, again I'll be told "It's my opinion and you don't have to read it". Well, I did. And my opinion is I'm annoyed at yours.
Plenty of room for differing opinions. I’m not married to “second rate”. How would you classify teams that aren’t serious threats to win it all? I’ll put Virginia, Johns Hopkins, Duke and Stanford in there for examples.
DMac

Post by DMac »

tothedraw wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:40 am I feel like DMAC was being facetious in his post - poking the bear for fun.

Spot on...looks as if it worked too. :D
OuttaNowhereWregget

seacoaster wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:57 am
Just not sure about this, because I’m not close enough to the Maryland program. Is the older May back? Warther back? I know they talked about Griffin shoring up defense in Colson’s absence two years ago. Not sure now.

Those are good questions which I don’t know the answer to unfortunately.
tothedraw

Post by tothedraw »

I agree with your choices of teams I don't think will win it all in '22 but they are certainly not "second rate". They have top recruits, excellent facilities and a degree from these schools opens a lot of doors.

To me second rate implies lack of support, poor management, zero alumni network, out of date facilities etc. Each you mentioned have a different reason they won't win a title, in my opinion. I wouldn't use any term to lump everyone outside the top 4 together

DMAC - was I an unintended 🐻? Haha
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

tothedraw wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:14 am I agree with your choices of teams I don't think will win it all in '22 but they are certainly not "second rate". They have top recruits, excellent facilities and a degree from these schools opens a lot of doors.

To me second rate implies lack of support, poor management, zero alumni network, out of date facilities etc. Each you mentioned have a different reason they won't win a title, in my opinion. I wouldn't use any term to lump everyone outside the top 4 together

If we are basing who's first rate on who has won a title than that list got expanded all the way to 5 with BC winning this year over the last 30 years. MD, NW, UNC, JMU and BC. I guess those are the only first rate teams over the last 30 years.
OuttaNowhereWregget

tothedraw wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:14 am I agree with your choices of teams I don't think will win it all in '22 but they are certainly not "second rate". They have top recruits, excellent facilities and a degree from these schools opens a lot of doors.

Well put. I don’t disagree with anything you wrote. I will point out however that I was the positive one as far as Maryland and their outlook for 2022 was, including a final five Tewaaraton candidate. The bear certainly wasn’t me as nothing DMac wrote agitated here.
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

seacoaster wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:57 am

I don’t believe Warther is back
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

Michelle Tumolo announced she is retiring from the senior national team
OuttaNowhereWregget

2021 U.S. Women Fall Classic Roster

This roster will be playing BC and Canada Lacrosse at the 2021 USA Lacrosse Fall Classic. Obviously some of the players can't play on both teams simultaneously. Hard to predict how hard the teams will compete against each other. As you can see, Hawryschuk won't be playing due to injury (still recovering from her ACL). Come to think of it, t'would be a crying shame if anyone on a current roster got hurt. That's always a risk though. EH got injured during practice if I remember correctly. In any event, here's the roster, and the link to the whole story below.

Name Position College

Andie Aldave M Notre Dame '21 / North Carolina (Gr.)
Sam Apuzzo A Boston College '19
Dempsey Aresenault M Boston College '19
Becca Block D Syracuse '13
Kristen Carr D North Carolina '10
Lizzie Colson D Maryland '21
Taylor Cummings M Maryland '16
Katie Detwiler D Loyola '22
Olivia Dirks M North Carolina '23
Megan Douty D Maryland '15
*Emily Hawryschuk A Syracuse '20
Molly Hendrick A North Carolina '17
Liz Hogan G Syracuse '11
Amanda Johansen M USC '16
Gussie Johns G USC '18
Ally Kennedy M Stony Brook '20
Kenzie Kent A Boston College '19
Ally Mastroianni M North Carolina '21
Marie McCool M North Carolina '18
Alice Mercer D Maryland '16
Kerrigan Miller M USC '20 / North Carolina (Gr.)
Taylor Moreno G North Carolina '21
Charlotte North A Boston College '21
Katie O'Donnell D Penn State '18
Kylie Ohlmiller A Stony Brook '18
Jamie Ortega A North Carolina '21
Emily Parros M North Carolina '13
Sydney Pirreca M Florida '19
Izzy Scane A Northwestern '22
Ella Simkins M Syracuse '20
Belle Smith M Boston College '24
Sam Swart M Syracuse '21
Kayla Treanor A Syracuse '16
Emma Trenchard D North Carolina '21
Haley Warden M James Madison '18
Caylee Waters G North Carolina '17
Kayla Wood D North Carolina '21
* - Injured, will not participate

https://www.usalaxmagazine.com/usa-insi ... sic-roster
DMac

Post by DMac »

https://www.si.com/lacrosse/2021/09/17/ ... r-8HlskW2k
^^^^^^^^^^^^
Not wlax but quite an article, worth the read. This Thompson family is something special, know a couple of them.
Two sides to every story, seems as if the Natives are not too fond of Mr. Beers (for those who might not know, Dr. Naismith was a sidekick of his for a number of years and played lacrosse in both Canada and the US long before he hung a peach basket on a pole....hence the similarities in the two games). Kind of a sad but very informative article.
You can't see Lyle's best tattoo (IMO) in that photo so here it is....lot going on there. Onondaga Nation flag, sticks of course, and that tree means a lot.
https://www.onondaganation.org/history/
The Peacemaker then offered to Tadodaho a very special duty in this plan of peace. Tadodaho would preside over the Grand Council of 50 chiefs. That he would have the responsibility to make sure that decisions were made with a good mind and were aligned not only for today, but for the generations not yet born. It is at this time when Tadodaho agreed to live in a peaceful way as they “combed the snakes” from Tadodaho’s hair.

The Peacemaker then symbolized this union of peace by uprooting a great white pine tree. All 50 leaders and threw their weapons of hatred, jealousy, anger, and war into the hole and a mighty stream washed it away.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Do players always come back strong from ACL? Anyone ever notice a player who came back “less than”?
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:51 am Do players always come back strong from ACL? Anyone ever notice a player who came back “less than”?
I don't think I've seen someone come back as "less than". Sometimes players are plagued with recurrent tears that can be due to a lot of different factors that are mostly outside the athlete's control. Taylor Gait was one who had a lot of recurrent ACL tears. I can't remember seeing a noticeable drop in an athlete's speed, quickness, or agility after fully recovering from ACL reconstructive surgery, but I think finding out from the athlete themself would give you a better answer. Coming back from an ACL tear is just as much mental as it is physical.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”