Orange Duce

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
a fan

Re: Orange Duce

Post by a fan »

That's exactly it. If you're gonna give him the blame, YA, you have to give him the credit. Tip of the hat to Trump, and I'm glad that M'fer is dead.

I can't imagine being responsible for sending troops in like that, and having to live with the consequences.

Hard pass.

Yet another reason I want our men and women out of that region.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

a fan wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:54 pm That's exactly it. If you're gonna give him the blame, YA, you have to give him the credit. Tip of the hat to Trump, and I'm glad that M'fer is dead.

I can't imagine being responsible for sending troops in like that, and having to live with the consequences.

Hard pass.

Yet another reason I want our men and women out of that region.
Don’t be so quick to give our lying-piece-of-trash president any credit. As reported by the NY Times, Baghdadi was killed largely in spite of Trump’s actions, not because of them:

For months, intelligence officials had kept Mr. Trump apprised of what he had set as a top priority, the hunt for Mr. al-Baghdadi, the world’s most wanted terrorist.

But Mr. Trump’s abrupt withdrawal order three weeks ago disrupted the meticulous planning underway and forced Pentagon officials to speed up the plan for the risky night raid before their ability to control troops, spies and reconnaissance aircraft disappeared with the pullout, the officials said.

Mr. al-Baghdadi’s death in the raid on Saturday, they said, occurred largely in spite of, and not because of, Mr. Trump’s actions.

... American officials said the Kurds continued to provide information to the C.I.A. on Mr. al-Baghdadi’s location even after Mr. Trump’s decision to withdraw the American troops left the Syrian Kurds to confront a Turkish offensive alone.
The Syrian and Iraqi Kurds, one official said, provided more intelligence for the raid than any single country.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/27/us/p ... trump.html

To summarize, Trump almost screwed up the mission with his reckless, impulsive withdrawal order, and he screwed over the Kurds, who had provided the key intelligence that made this mission possible.

So, basically, you are giving Trump credit for not COMPLETELY screwing up this mission (although he did COMPLETELY screw over the Kurds).

DocBarrister :roll:
@DocBarrister
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:15 pm
ggait wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:53 pm
Last week alone, President Trump:

—Took out the world’s most dangerous terrorist
Sorry -- Trump gets zero credit. He should've gotten Al-baghdadi sooner. He didn't get Al-Bagdadi -- Special Ops did. Trump didn't do anything. Anyone with a brain would have done the same thing.

“Wouldn’t it have been nice if we got Osama Bin Laden a lot sooner than that, wouldn’t it have been nice? You know, living—think of this—living in Pakistan, beautifully in Pakistan in what I guess they considered a nice mansion, I don’t know, I’ve seen nicer. But living in Pakistan right next to the military academy, everybody in Pakistan knew he was there. They took him down but—look, look, there’s news right there, he lived in Pakistan, we’re supporting Pakistan, we’re giving them $1.3 billion a year, which we don’t give them anymore, by the way, I ended it because they don’t do anything for us, they don’t do a damn thing for us.”

Donald J. Trump
‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump
Stop congratulating Obama for killing Bin Laden. The Navy Seals killed Bin Laden. #debate
6:12 PM - 22 Oct 2012

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
Yesterday I explained to @wolfblitzercnn on @CNNSitRoom why @BarackObama doesn't deserve credit for killing Bin Laden http://bit.ly/TkduX
Video News - CNN
10:49 AM - Dec 9, 2011

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
Admiral McRaven had full operational control of the Bin Laden mission http://bit.ly/Kg7vrN @BarackObama gave vague directions.
What 'Gutsy Call'?: CIA Memo Reveals Admiral Controlled bin Laden Mission | Breitbart

The memo doesn't show a gutsy call. It doesn't show a president willing to take the blame for a mission gone wrong. It shows a CYA maneuver by the White House.
breitbart.com
11:41 AM - Apr 27, 2012

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
When the military informed Obama that they had Bin Laden, is there anyone with a brain that would not have said "Ok, go get him"?
10:02 AM - Oct 23, 2012
Honest question, when did Trump say "I" took him out? Maybe we are playing a game of semantics....you can rest assure, if something went wrong in that operation he'd had been to blame, why? Because it is under his watch.
Your head would have exploded if Obama has made that exact statement. He did not.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
ggait

Post by ggait »

Honest question, when did Trump say "I" took him out?
That's Bandito's posting. Ask him.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

He was famous for his use of I and me. :lol:
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
tech37

Post by tech37 »

a fan wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:54 pm That's exactly it. If you're gonna give him the blame, YA, you have to give him the credit. Tip of the hat to Trump, and I'm glad that M'fer is dead.
Good for you a fan. Better late than never.

But it's not even about Trump. Amazingly, even jhu72, early on, admitted it was good news...
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

Bandito wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:53 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:43 pm
wahoomurf wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:11 pm
seacoaster wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:15 pm I am a little reluctant to demonize rank and file Republicans like MDLaxfan, or centrists who seem to understand that this Presidency is really different. It is the real Trump apologists and normalizers and generators of false equivalencies that should get your condemnation. We have to find enough common ground with folks in the center and center right to remove this President.

Like you, I think the WH press secretary's comment is just disturbing. This is the way party acolytes speak about dictators, and this one uses the fulcrum of John Kelly's head to do it. I may not like John Kelly's politics, but I don't doubt his commitment to the Republic or the Constitution. My guess is the WH-PS hasn't read the Constitution all the way through once in her life. She has an interesting background:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephanie_Grisham

Only the best pipples....
ZOUNDS.MDlaxfan is a Republican!
Yup, though it's pretty darn lonely in my wing of the GOP.
But at least we don't have nut-jobs in our wing.
Your kind is part of the swamp. Good riddance.
I have a feeling Pronghorn's "YOUR KIND" comment may be a reference to MDLax76.I can't be sure but if I was a betting man, I'd wager a shekel or 2 that MDL ain't going away. ;)
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

The press secretary the White House, located in Washington D.C., U.S.A., Stephanie Grisham, opines about General Kelly's FAILURE to understand the BRILLIANCE of the current Head of State of that country.

https://www.msnbc.com/11th-hour/watch/w ... 2224837619
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Trump toons for the day:

It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

Lost among all the other BS pilling up around this president, Trump Administration knowingly held back Billions in Puerto Rico Aid
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

Bandito wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:25 am Trump had over 2 dozen wounded warriors with him in attendance. Democrats look real classy booing some of our best warriors and heroes !
"Trump and first lady Melania Trump arrived at Nationals Park after 8 p.m. with a dozen Republican lawmakers and several wounded warriors."

Guessing you were including the wounded Rs as "warriors". ;)

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/20 ... ent-trump/
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

Eager to see if General Milley and the rest of the Joint Chiefs voice support for Colonel Vinland. Or will they back off and join the Trumpster chorus of brave, stalwart, righteous, folks in the House as well as the blonde talking head (pun intended) on AILES NEWS. The loudest of whom never spent a moment in an AMERICAN military uniform. Amazing he/she/they can so easily excoriate and TRY to shame a Soldier, Patriot and public servant who had the temerity to honor his oath and more importantly, his conscience.

ALEA IACTA EST.

https://www.msnbc.com/morning-joe/watch ... 2238661645
SMAIN

Post by SMAIN »

Breaking News.... Schiff's star witness once worked for George Soros.... conflict? :o
SMAIN

Post by SMAIN »

And who was that star witness? Bill Taylor :o
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

SMAIN wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:20 pm And who was that star witness? Bill Taylor :o
“I wish you would!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

tech37 wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:37 pm

But it's not even about Trump. Amazingly, even jhu72, early on, admitted it was good news...
Why would anyone be surprised that ALL of us are glad he's dead and that Trump deserves some credit for allowing the operation to happen?

It's amazing to me that the Trumpists are so blind as to think only they can applaud good news for America.

The objection is that Trump is such an idiot and jerk that in his eagerness to spike the football he exaggerates or even lies about what went down, his own importance, and reveals all sorts of operational details unnecessarily. That his 'thanks' are so effusive to Russia, Turkey, Iran, Assad...and only grudgingly a tip of the hat to the Kurds, though obviously minimizing their contributions. Butthead.
Last edited by MDlaxfan76 on Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

SMAIN wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:17 pm Breaking News.... Schiff's star witness once worked for George Soros.... conflict? :o
Is George Soros now an enemy of America and democracy?

ohh my, Bill Taylor was on the board of this awful NGO: http://eef.org.ua/en/
and Soros supported that NGO...of my, the scandal. :roll:
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

foreverlax wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:24 pm
Bandito wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:25 am Trump had over 2 dozen wounded warriors with him in attendance. Democrats look real classy booing some of our best warriors and heroes! :roll:
"Trump and first lady Melania Trump arrived at Nationals Park after 8 p.m. with a dozen Republican lawmakers and several wounded warriors.

Guessing you were including the wounded Rs as "warriors". ;)

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/20 ... ent-trump/

I heard from 3 kids I coached in youth lacrosse who attended the game. All are registered Republicans---the pre-Trump brand. They booed Trump as did a substantial percentage of the attendees.

Apparently Pronghorn thought every person, political party notwithstanding, was shouting "lock THEM up".Not so.The chant was "lock HIM up".
3rdPersonPlural

Post by 3rdPersonPlural »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:23 pm
tech37 wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:37 pm

Why would anyone be surprised that ALL of us are glad he's dead and that Trump deserves some credit for allowing the operation to happen?

It's amazing to me that the Trumpists are so blind as to think only they can applaud good news for America.

The objection is that Trump is such an idiot and jerk that in his eagerness to spike the football he exaggerates or even lies about what went down, his own importance, and reveals all sorts of operational details unnecessarily. That his 'thanks' are so effusive to Russia, Turkey, Iran, Assad...and only grudgingly a tip of the hat to the Kurds, though obviously minimizing their contributions. Butthead.
The operation to take out Al Bag-daddy was being planned for weeks using a Kurd as the hub of the intel. In the middle of the planning, right when the details start to matter, Trump decides to abandon the Kurds to genocide and re-conform the military landscape of Syria.

Nonetheless, the Pentagon folks planning this op adapted.

Then Trump throws another wrench into the works. Then another. Planners adapted each time. Trump seemed oblivious to the effort.

Then the Op worked. Kurd intel. US tech. American hoo-rah(!). Plus a dog.

I'll bet that the planners and the operators and the Kurds all felt pretty crappy when Trump assigned the credit to himself and the Russians......

Return to “POLITICS”