ODAC 2023

D3 Mens Lacrosse
InsiderRoll

Re: ODAC 2023

Post by InsiderRoll »

camskidamski wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 7:41 pm
Dehuntshigwa’es wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 4:01 pm I’d take Beatty over Cohen in a big spot. First job is to defend, second gain possession. On that score I think Beatty is more solid defensively, doesn’t over commit going for the big check. Far more ground balls(14) than Cohen, and fewer shots. Cohen has taken shots in moments where possession is more important , Beatty I think is a better situational player and just as good offensively. In a big moment no matter the situation I think Beatty is the better decision maker and overall player. Together they are a great tandem. Albregts has played well also.
WnL best DM tandem there? Beatty/Cohen/Albregts
Lynchburg's Nestor is very good too...
HSC has some good guys
Noke runs a lot but no one standing out

So tough to judge this position as you said Dehunt...do you give accolades to the best defenders, best gb grabbers, best ct causers, most points?? Ideal word says a little bit of all that. Wouldn't be surprised to see some of these guys sneak on as regular M if the coaches see how many good ones there are.
I’ll come off biased. But mills is also good for W&L. W&L probably has 4 of the top 6 shortsticks in the ODAC. I spoke with one top 20 coach that said “I thought #18 (Bentley) graduating would hurt them, now they have 3 of him!”
Laxfan4380

Post by Laxfan4380 »

InsiderRoll wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 12:33 pm He’s a quick shot:

OPOY: Mitchell (LYN)
DPOY: Morgan (HSC)
COY: Rostan (HSC)
ROY: Cohen (W&L)

1st Team:
Attack:
Porkorny (W&L)
Kammerman (RC)
O’Brien (HSC)

Midfield:
Mitchell (LYN)
Aust (LYN)
Thompson (HSC)

FO:
Kraus (LYN)

SSDM: Cohen (W&L)

LSM:
Lackey (W&L)

Defense:
Morgan (HSC)
Hubbard (W&L)
Zingo (LYN)

Goalie:
Hadley (LYN)

2nd Team
Attack:
Smith (RMC)
Burns (W&L)
Hastings (LYN)
Whitlow (RC)

Midfield:
Clingerman (SHEN)
Allen (W&L)
Saunders (HSC)

FO:
Alexander (BW)

Ssdm:
Weis (HSC)

Lsm:
Darminio (LYN)

Defense:
Fechter (HSC)
Marindin (LYN)
Heald (W&L)

Goalie:
Perry (HSC)
What about the poles from RMC either #23 or #17 for ROY
NClacrosse

Post by NClacrosse »

ROY: Cohen (W&L)
Last edited by NClacrosse on Wed Apr 26, 2023 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
InsiderRoll

Post by InsiderRoll »

NClacrosse wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 8:46 pm ROY: Cohen (W&L) ??

There are other first years with stronger performances. Owen Gucwa(RMC starting goalie). HSC #10 mid and HSC #1 mid(starting for HSC) and had 5 points against Roanoke last weekend.
He’s one of the best SSDMs in the country and has 15 points on the year. He’s also a weapon in their clearing game that is currently one of the best percentages in the country. He isn’t an O mid.

Gucwa is 11th in the conference in save percentage at 46%, I can’t tell if that’s a joke or not.
ODAD

Post by ODAD »

Hadley is very good but Perry is playing exceptionally well this season. Also it’s hard to have a ton of saves when your defense doesn’t allow a lot of shots. This will be a great game on Saturday.
Dehuntshigwa’es

Post by Dehuntshigwa’es »

InsiderRoll wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 7:57 pm
camskidamski wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 7:41 pm
Dehuntshigwa’es wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 4:01 pm I’d take Beatty over Cohen in a big spot. First job is to defend, second gain possession. On that score I think Beatty is more solid defensively, doesn’t over commit going for the big check. Far more ground balls(14) than Cohen, and fewer shots. Cohen has taken shots in moments where possession is more important , Beatty I think is a better situational player and just as good offensively. In a big moment no matter the situation I think Beatty is the better decision maker and overall player. Together they are a great tandem. Albregts has played well also.
WnL best DM tandem there? Beatty/Cohen/Albregts
Lynchburg's Nestor is very good too...
HSC has some good guys
Noke runs a lot but no one standing out

So tough to judge this position as you said Dehunt...do you give accolades to the best defenders, best gb grabbers, best ct causers, most points?? Ideal word says a little bit of all that. Wouldn't be surprised to see some of these guys sneak on as regular M if the coaches see how many good ones there are.
I’ll come off biased. But mills is also good for W&L. W&L probably has 4 of the top 6 shortsticks in the ODAC. I spoke with one top 20 coach that said “I thought #18 (Bentley) graduating would hurt them, now they have 3 of him!”
Last June or July I had mentioned Beatty as a ROY potential candidate.I must admit I also considered Lane as well. Beatty jumped off the page in his high school highlight tape both football and lacrosse. Don’t know if Lane is hurt or struggled adjusting to college but he was outstanding in high school. I’m surprised he hasn’t gotten more time. Would they ever consider putting a pole in his hand. Another 23 high school grad , Spano comes in next year. He should make a big impact immediately. Hoping Seed’s confidence has grown, great opportunity for him as tournament play begins shortly. If he plays well W&L could make some noise in May.
Nothinbutthelax

Post by Nothinbutthelax »

Hadley / Perry will depend on outcome of Saturdays game.. “To the victor goes the spoils”.
With bias I’d say Darminio with 73 GB’s / 19 CT’s and 4 points in only 14 games. He’s a disrupter and has many hockey assists. Lackey is very good but his #’s are well below Darminio with 16 games..
Nestor has battled thru injury and has been a leader at LYN. He may get 2nd team.. but LYN needs to win Saturday to expel the RMC let down..
InsiderRoll

Post by InsiderRoll »

Nothinbutthelax wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 3:03 pm Hadley / Perry will depend on outcome of Saturdays game.. “To the victor goes the spoils”.
With bias I’d say Darminio with 73 GB’s / 19 CT’s and 4 points in only 14 games. He’s a disrupter and has many hockey assists. Lackey is very good but his #’s are well below Darminio with 16 games..
Nestor has battled thru injury and has been a leader at LYN. He may get 2nd team.. but LYN needs to win Saturday to expel the RMC let down..
Both LSMs are very good. Lackey also takes only 50% of the lsm reps. Darminio takes about 85%. Darminio also takes every single wing.

Lackey has 42gbs, 18cts and 15 points. Not sure that’s “well below”. IMO he’s an also better 1v1 defender.
InsiderRoll

Post by InsiderRoll »

ODAD wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 10:04 pm Hadley is very good but Perry is playing exceptionally well this season. Also it’s hard to have a ton of saves when your defense doesn’t allow a lot of shots. This will be a great game on Saturday.
Agreed a Perry has the benefit of arguably the best defense in the country in front of him. He sees plenty of savable shots
DataLax

Post by DataLax »

InsiderRoll wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 4:04 pm
Nothinbutthelax wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 3:03 pm Hadley / Perry will depend on outcome of Saturdays game.. “To the victor goes the spoils”.
Both LSMs are very good. Lackey also takes only 50% of the lsm reps. Darminio takes about 85%. Darminio also takes every single wing.

Lackey has 42gbs, 18cts and 15 points. Not sure that’s “well below”. IMO he’s an also better 1v1 defender.
Darminio's 73 GB's, Lackey's 15 points (5 points vs HS and Lynchburg!), Kilfeather's 26 CTO's. Each has a stat to hang their hat on. Pretty strong positional group this year.
DataLax

Post by DataLax »

POY Watch:

Riley Mitchell M:
25 g 22 a 47 pts in 15 games and 90 shots

Luke Kammerman A:
41 g 43 a 84 pts in 17 games and 132 shots

Hudson Pokorny A:
37 g 49 a 86 pts in 17 games and 98 shots

Make of it what you will
Laxfan4380

Post by Laxfan4380 »

DataLax wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 11:54 pm POY Watch:

Riley Mitchell M:

Luke Kammerman A:

Hudson Pokorny A:

Make of it what you will
Pokorny is very impressive more points than Kammerman with 30+ less shots
InsiderRoll

Post by InsiderRoll »

Laxfan4380 wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:09 am
DataLax wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 11:54 pm POY Watch:

Riley Mitchell M:

Luke Kammerman A:

Hudson Pokorny A:

Make of it what you will
Pokorny is very impressive more points than Kammerman with 30+ less shots
I will say Pokorny does benefit from Burns drawing every teams #1 defensemen.
Nothinbutthelax

Post by Nothinbutthelax »

Darminio at 78 GB’s and 21 CT’s playing another 2 quarters at Guilford.. with another game Saturday and 1 less game played I’ll raise you to “Considerably below”. Better on ball defender… maybe. If he’s your 1st team why wouldn’t he be on wings more often?
Anyway- these selections weigh on Saturday’s results..

Zingo and Wolfe did not play last night.. #28 Shuster was hurt and has returned to fill in for Zingo.. He’s good on ball in transition but close D experience is lacking. If Zingo out I think Marindin draws O’Brien. Marindin is a punisher on ball but not sure he has the footwork..Without Zingo Hadley will need to be sharp and man down may be a notch weaker..

Will HSC come off the bus like they did at Roanoke?
DataLax

Post by DataLax »

Nothinbutthelax wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:52 am Darminio at 78 GB’s and 21 CT’s playing another 2 quarters at Guilford.. with another game Saturday and 1 less game played I’ll raise you to “Considerably below”. Better on ball defender… maybe. If he’s your 1st team why wouldn’t he be on wings more often?
Anyway- these selections weigh on Saturday’s results..

Zingo and Wolfe did not play last night.. #28 Shuster was hurt and has returned to fill in for Zingo.. He’s good on ball in transition but close D experience is lacking. If Zingo out I think Marindin draws O’Brien. Marindin is a punisher on ball but not sure he has the footwork..Without Zingo Hadley will need to be sharp and man down may be a notch weaker..

Will HSC come off the bus like they did at Roanoke?
Updated Stats. Not sure the unbiased picture is being painted for followers here.

GB's
Darminio 78 Lackey 47. (Lackey is considerably below)

CTO's
Darminio 21 Lackey 20 (Lackey is slightly below despite game difference)

Darminio 4 Lackey 17 (Darminio is considerably below)

TOs
Darminio 17 Lackey 8 (Lackey considerably below, but a positive here)
thescottharris

Post by thescottharris »

Unless the ODAC has split up the Player of the Year awards into Offensive and Defensive, my POY award has to go to Nick Morgan at H-SC.
InsiderRoll

Post by InsiderRoll »

thescottharris wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:24 pm Unless the ODAC has split up the Player of the Year awards into Offensive and Defensive, my POY award has to go to Nick Morgan at H-SC.
Great pick. I think there is a long standing tradition of the POY going to POY candidate who has the best tournament. Which is a little odd.
camskidamski

Post by camskidamski »

camskidamski wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 12:14 pm Last season All ODAC by team (2022):

Lynchburg (11)
W&L (9)
Noke (8)
HSC (8)
RMC (5)
Bridgewater (5)
Shenandoah (2)
-------

2023 Predictions (all ?, no deep dive into positional need) :

Lynchburg (11)
W&L (8)
Noke (6)
HSC (10)
RMC (5)
Bridgewater (4)
Shenandoah (2)
VA Wes/Guilford (1 each?)
-------

~~Any specific players for each team or cases to be made for anyone? Great time of the year to reflect on these great teams and players...
Tried to dig a little here but don't know much about a lot of these teams, anyone want to fill in with what they know?:

Lynchburg (11) (
W&L (8) (Allen, Beatty, Burns, Cohen, Hubbard, Lackey, Pokorny, Seeds) -Brown/Bou?
Noke (6) (Goad, Hammond, J Kammerman, L Kammerman, Whitlow) - Docking?
HSC (10) (
RMC (5) (
Bridgewater (4) (
Shenandoah (2) (
VA Wes/Guilford (1 each?) (
Laxfan4380

Post by Laxfan4380 »

camskidamski wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 10:11 am
camskidamski wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 12:14 pm Last season All ODAC by team (2022):

Lynchburg (11)
W&L (9)
Noke (8)
HSC (8)
RMC (5)
Bridgewater (5)
Shenandoah (2)
-------

2023 Predictions (all ?, no deep dive into positional need) :

Lynchburg (11)
W&L (8)
Noke (6)
HSC (10)
RMC (5)
Bridgewater (4)
Shenandoah (2)
VA Wes/Guilford (1 each?)
-------

~~Any specific players for each team or cases to be made for anyone? Great time of the year to reflect on these great teams and players...
Tried to dig a little here but don't know much about a lot of these teams, anyone want to fill in with what they know?:

Lynchburg (11) (
W&L (8) (Allen, Beatty, Burns, Cohen, Hubbard, Lackey, Pokorny, Seeds) -Brown/Bou?
Noke (6) (Goad, Hammond, J Kammerman, L Kammerman, Whitlow) - Docking?
HSC (10) (
RMC (5) (
Bridgewater (4) (
Shenandoah (2) (
VA Wes/Guilford (1 each?) (
Jack smith from RMC will get on one of those teams, maybe one of their poles also
thescottharris

Post by thescottharris »

InsiderRoll wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:30 pm
thescottharris wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:24 pm Unless the ODAC has split up the Player of the Year awards into Offensive and Defensive, my POY award has to go to Nick Morgan at H-SC.
Great pick. I think there is a long standing tradition of the POY going to POY candidate who has the best tournament. Which is a little odd.
That stuff gets voted on before the tournament.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”