The Hate Directed at the LGBTQ+

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Farfromgeneva

Re: The Hate Directed at the LGBTQ+

Post by Farfromgeneva »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 11:21 am
a fan wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 11:12 am
old salt wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 4:11 am
a fan wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 8:54 pm
youthathletics wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 5:19 pm Is this what they ultimately want?

https://twitter.com/_barringtonii/statu ... p6_4JgXSkQ
You telling me that kids didn't have sex before 18 in your neck of the woods? Was that what YOU "ultimately wanted".

Or was "that different". ;)
Usually not with adults, when they're 9 years old.
How many friends did you have that had college kids with high school girlfriends?

Is this "grooming"? I say YES. How much more self aware is a 20 year old vs. a 16 or 17 year old? It's grooming, and it's illegal.

Yet no one does a thing about it. BOTH instances are bad AND illegal...that's my point.
I dunno, freshman in college dating HS sweetheart, senior?
Totally agree about creepy if 20 year old and HS junior...imbalance.
Knew and used to train w a guy who went to Harvard then played 8yrs in the NFL, mostly for the Seahawks. He was a Fr in college dating a HS Soph from his HS next town over from mine. They married and divorced eventually in a relatively short window and he became an alcoholic at one point post NFL now is cleaned up and part of a sort of VC/private credit incubator and doing well. He also grew up with a f**kface father and spent a brief period in middle school living in a car with his mom. So damaged from the jump himself.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

get it to x wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 11:31 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 11:17 am
get it to x wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 10:25 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 9:49 am
youthathletics wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 5:19 pm Is this what they ultimately want?

Putting that aside, I do think young adults can and do consent to one another to have sex and none of that is automatically abuse. Teenage brains do not process risk tolerance as well as adult brains do, and hormones are ranging, so "consent" is not well-informed, but it's not abuse. The only instances of abuse is where there's a real power imbalance between them.
So are you saying that "Age of Majority" is just some arbitrary number when defining older/younger sexual relations? Not sure what you mean by young adults? A 15 year old girl and a 24 year old man? The push to redefine pedophiles as "Minor Attracted Persons" should never be associated with adult/adult relationships in any way, gay, straight or otherwise.
I suspect you and I will agree on this one, not sure why you excerpted what I wrote.

However one wants to define "adult", (18, 21, 25-age when insurers give better rates) when there's a substantial age difference with someone under 18 there is an inherent power imbalance. There obviously can be other power imbalances in "relationships", but we're taking about pedophiles for this discussion.

How substantial an age difference?
Is an 18 year old boy and a 17 year old girl, or vice versa, too much, no IMO
18 and 16? (I don't think so), but hey, I met my future wife freshmen week in college, both freshmen, she's just "wicked smaht"...I was 2 months away from 19, she had just turned 17 weeks earlier. We were certainly physical quickly albeit we held off full relations for a good long while. Sure seemed long... So, that's my admittedly biased perspective on that age gap.
21 and 16? Yes, too much IMO.
25 and 16, you betcha....easily wrong.
My wife's college roommate was still "dating" a man, at that point in his 30's, the relationship had started when she'd been babysitting as a 14 year old...we were horrified...

32 and 9, string'em up by the balls....or whatever.

I certainly think that the 17 and 16 year old can and do "consent", likewise (but something I think is problematic) is the 15 and 14, even tougher the 14 and 13....but the bigger the gap between minors, the less likely that "consent" is equally informed. The younger any of them is, the less likely of full recognition of risks.

That said, it's important to understand that girls (in general) mature earlier than boys in this regard, so it's not unusual for the girl to be more aggressive in our current society. Teenage boys are less risk averse, but girls are more motivated by social acceptance. Just the ways the teenage brains develop differently. They end up very similarly, but the pattern is different along the development path...different parts of the brain literally light up when addressing various questions.

Totally agree that none of this has to do with sexual preference.
We don't 100% agree, but close. My views on 13 year old children having sex, no matter how young the partner is (or how "mature" they are in the case of girls) would probably be considered puritanical by some. I told my son when he was in 7th grade "If a girl says no, that means NO!.. And if a girl says yes, that means NO!".
Our advice was the same to our boys.
He was well ahead of me on understanding that, however, so no issue.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 11:51 am

Putting that aside, I do think young adults can and do consent to one another to have sex and none of that is automatically abuse. Teenage brains do not process risk tolerance as well as adult brains do, and hormones are ranging, so "consent" is not well-informed, but it's not abuse. The only instances of abuse is where there's a real power imbalance between them.
So are you saying that "Age of Majority" is just some arbitrary number when defining older/younger sexual relations? Not sure what you mean by young adults? A 15 year old girl and a 24 year old man? The push to redefine pedophiles as "Minor Attracted Persons" should never be associated with adult/adult relationships in any way, gay, straight or otherwise.
I suspect you and I will agree on this one, not sure why you excerpted what I wrote.

However one wants to define "adult", (18, 21, 25-age when insurers give better rates) when there's a substantial age difference with someone under 18 there is an inherent power imbalance. There obviously can be other power imbalances in "relationships", but we're taking about pedophiles for this discussion.

18 and 16? (I don't think so), but hey, I met my future wife freshmen week in college, both freshmen, she's just "wicked smaht"...I was 2 months away from 19, she had just turned 17 weeks earlier. We were certainly physical quickly albeit we held off full relations for a good long while. Sure seemed long... So, that's my admittedly biased perspective on that age gap.
My wife's college roommate was still "dating" a man, at that point in his 30's, the relationship had started when she'd been babysitting as a 14 year old...we were horrified...

I certainly think that the 17 and 16 year old can and do "consent", likewise (but something I think is problematic) is the 15 and 14, even tougher the 14 and 13....but the bigger the gap between minors, the less likely that "consent" is equally informed. The younger any of them is, the less likely of full recognition of risks.

That said, it's important to understand that girls (in general) mature earlier than boys in this regard, so it's not unusual for the girl to be more aggressive in our current society. Teenage boys are less risk averse, but girls are more motivated by social acceptance. Just the ways the teenage brains develop differently. They end up very similarly, but the pattern is different along the development path...different parts of the brain literally light up when addressing various questions.

Yeah boy! Get it get it get it!
She was also Junior Miss of Massachusetts, so I was way out of my league from jump.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 11:59 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 11:51 am

Yeah boy! Get it get it get it!
She was also Junior Miss of Massachusetts, so I was way out of my league from jump.
I am applauding you from a living room in Oakland sir.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 11:56 am
get it to x wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 11:31 am

We don't 100% agree, but close. My views on 13 year old children having sex, no matter how young the partner is (or how "mature" they are in the case of girls) would probably be considered puritanical by some. I told my son when he was in 7th grade "If a girl says no, that means NO!.. And if a girl says yes, that means NO!".
Our advice was the same to our boys.
He was well ahead of me on understanding that, however, so no issue.
Having sex is a wonderful experience as we all know. Having sex when your too young as I did ( no regrets) made me realize I was way too immature to understand just how complex a sexual relationship can be. In my case the fact a girl and I had sex at a HS party became common knowledge at my HS. That was 1974, the girl was considered a slut and I felt horrible for all the gossip and innuendos she had to deal with. I don't know, maybe it is different with kids today. In my HS years us boys were all a bunch of horn dogs.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
old salt

Post by old salt »

You telling me that kids didn't have sex before 18 in your neck of the woods? Was that what YOU "ultimately wanted".

How many friends did you have that had college kids with high school girlfriends?

Is this "grooming"? I say YES. How much more self aware is a 20 year old vs. a 16 or 17 year old? It's grooming, and it's illegal.

Yet no one does a thing about it. BOTH instances are bad AND illegal...that's my point.
Did you watch the video. It was about a "young man" & a 9 year old, & you're talking about college kids & HS girls ?
:shock: ...talk about moving the goal posts. You're making excuses for that ? Everybody does it, ...with 9 yr olds ?
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 5:52 pm

Did you watch the video. It was about a "young man" & a 9 year old, & you're talking about college kids & HS girls ?
:shock: ...talk about moving the goal posts. You're making excuses for that ? Everybody does it, ...with 9 yr olds ?
What part of BOTH instances are bad AND illegal isn't clear? Need me to bold it?

BOTH instances are bad AND illegal How's that?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

This has been covered earlier.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 6:00 pm

What part of BOTH instances are bad AND illegal isn't clear? Need me to bold it?

Then why the question about college & HS ? False equivalency, calling both "grooming".
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

old salt wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 6:08 pm

Then why the question about college & HS ? False equivalency, calling both "grooming".
Jesus
“I wish you would!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

What did I miss? How did the discussion of my original post, regarding the rationalization that a 9 y/o can then consent when they get older, to help avoid a pedophile being charged for sexual abuse turn in to hot wives, teenagers, college aged kids....and completely avoid the slippery slope the guy was arguing for in the video.

Did I misinterpret that video?
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 9:47 am What did I miss? How did the discussion of my original post, regarding the rationalization that a 9 y/o can then consent when they get older, to help avoid a pedophile being charged for sexual abuse turn in to hot wives, teenagers, college aged kids....and completely avoid the slippery slope the guy was arguing for in the video.

You need to read Under The Banner of Heaven.
“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 7:53 pm
old salt wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 6:08 pm

Jesus
Ahh Jesus, I like him bery much-but he can’t hit a curveball. (There’s a parallel here with the pitcher and his constant use of foreign substances)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gndH9mhHPk0
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 10:26 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 7:53 pm Jesus
Ahh Jesus, I like him bery much-but he can’t hit a curveball. (There’s a parallel here with the pitcher and his constant use of foreign substances)
"Alexa, how old was Jesus' mom when she gave birth if he existed?"

Gays = pedophiles? It's a tired trope, and it doesn't check out sir.

Amazing how much hatred is being ramped up in just the past year from the identity politicians and media. The bigger question is what's the endgame? We've seen this group targeted multiple times in the past.
a fan

Post by a fan »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 10:07 pm

Amazing how much hatred is being ramped up in just the past year from the identity politicians and media. The bigger question is what's the endgame? We've seen this group targeted multiple times in the past.
The endgame is the White House. It's the Trump blueprint: run on culture war, and pretend you can "fix" culture with elected officials. If you do that, you don't need a platform.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 10:07 pm

Player Haters Ball?
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

old salt

Post by old salt »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 9:47 am What did I miss? How did the discussion of my original post, regarding the rationalization that a 9 y/o can then consent when they get older, to help avoid a pedophile being charged for sexual abuse turn in to hot wives, teenagers, college aged kids....and completely avoid the slippery slope the guy was arguing for in the video.

No. They don't want to confront it. So distraction, diversion & false equivalency.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

old salt

Post by old salt »

Farfromgeneva