Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:21 pm
wgdsr wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:13 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:54 pm
ProudPapa wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:13 pm
FMUBart wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:29 pm CNN
CNN. Hahahahaha!
Here you go:

https://www.wcvb.com/article/why-deaths ... s/34506184#

May be good news. Let’s hope we catch a break.
thanks. much better.
Welcome to the year 2020 as we devolve. Darwin had it backwards it seems.
Reminds me of when people support the Affordable Care Act but hate Obamacare. :lol:
FMUBart

Re: Is a 2021 season going to happen?

Post by FMUBart »

Laxxal22 wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:25 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:21 pm
wgdsr wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:13 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:54 pm
ProudPapa wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:13 pm
FMUBart wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:29 pm CNN
CNN. Hahahahaha!
Here you go:

https://www.wcvb.com/article/why-deaths ... s/34506184#

May be good news. Let’s hope we catch a break.
thanks. much better.
Welcome to the year 2020 as we devolve. Darwin had it backwards it seems.
Reminds me of when people support the Affordable Care Act but hate Obamacare. :lol:
I get them confused, too..which one allowed you to keep your doc & plan if you liked them, Affordable Care Act? I think Obamacare was
the one that said your premiums would go down? Anyway, both of them sucked!
FMUBart

Post by FMUBart »

:lol:
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

HS Soccer team in NH. If I'm learning anything this fall during with HS and College Soccer it's that individuals, schools, and conferences will do different things, ranging from admirable to what-in-heaven's-name-are-they-doing. In other words, the answer to the Original Post's question is, Yes. And some will play, some will not, and some will do something in between.

https://wokq.com/both-newmarket-high-sc ... k-mandate/
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
bauer4429

Post by bauer4429 »

Just saw a recent article that states immunity lasts for several months even with mild illness ... plus it seems treatments have gotten better .....certainly giving me more hope for a 2021 season.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

bauer4429 wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:52 am Just saw a recent article that states immunity lasts for several months even with mild illness ... plus it seems treatments have gotten better .....certainly giving me more hope for a 2021 season.
I am not that enthusiastic about a 2021 lacrosse season. Maybe something truncated.....conference play only season?
“I wish you would!”
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:31 am
bauer4429 wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:52 am Just saw a recent article that states immunity lasts for several months even with mild illness ... plus it seems treatments have gotten better .....certainly giving me more hope for a 2021 season.
I am not that enthusiastic about a 2021 lacrosse season. Maybe something truncated.....conference play only season?
so acc teams can't play?
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:08 am
so acc teams can't play?
Home and away (and did you see the “?”)
“I wish you would!”
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:10 am
so acc teams can't play?
was referencing that the acc is not a conference in lacrosse. per some corners of fanlax.
i gotta pick up my internet game.
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:16 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:10 am
so acc teams can't play?
was referencing that the acc is not a conference in lacrosse. per some corners of fanlax.
i gotta pick up my internet game.
My fault! I didn’t know that!
“I wish you would!”
socalref

Post by socalref »

I deal with schools as a supply vendor and I've been surprised how many schools have stated they are waiting until AFTER the election to determine their spring semester status/adjustments which reeks of politicizing this issue.
FMUBart

Post by FMUBart »

socalref wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:38 pm I deal with schools as a supply vendor and I've been surprised how many schools have stated they are waiting until AFTER the election to determine their spring semester status/adjustments which reeks of politicizing this issue.
What??!! Politicizing the issue?? I thought it was all Trump's fault for lack of leadership? I wonder if the spikes in France & Germany are due to lack of leadership by Macron and Merkel? NVM, I digress..
smoova

Post by smoova »

FMUBart wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:58 pm
socalref wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:38 pm I deal with schools as a supply vendor and I've been surprised how many schools have stated they are waiting until AFTER the election to determine their spring semester status/adjustments which reeks of politicizing this issue.
What??!! Politicizing the issue?? I thought it was all Trump's fault for lack of leadership? I wonder if the spikes in France & Germany are due to lack of leadership by Macron and Merkel? NVM, I digress..
So, let me get this straight: if a school determines to cancel spring sports today, they are overreacting, but if a school waits to make that determination, they are "politicizing the issue"?
socalref

Post by socalref »

smoova wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:18 pm
So, let me get this straight: if a school determines to cancel spring sports today, they are overreacting, but if a school waits to make that determination, they are "politicizing the issue"?
If they're waiting for the results of the election to make a determination, that's pretty clear cut. I have schools telling me to call them back after next week to make their buying decisions based on how things go on Tuesday. Hard not to believe the decision(s) they are making at that time is anything but politically based.
smoova

Post by smoova »

socalref wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:23 pm
smoova wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:18 pm
If they're waiting for the results of the election to make a determination, that's pretty clear cut. I have schools telling me to call them back after next week to make their buying decisions based on how things go on Tuesday. Hard not to believe the decision(s) they are making at that time is anything but politically based.
I see. Which political party benefits from a one-week delay in determining how much of whatever supplies you are providing to purchase?
socalref

Post by socalref »

That and their plans for the spring as far as opening the campus, continue to teach remote, etc. I realize they have to make decisions in November/early December as tuition and room and board for the spring become due in December for most schools, but hanging the decision on who wins on Tuesday just has a very bad smell to it. Certainly plays into the narrative that's been going on all spring and summer that COVID may go away after the election depending on who wins.
smoova

Post by smoova »

socalref wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:43 pm That and their plans for the spring as far as opening the campus, continue to teach remote, etc. I realize they have to make decisions in November/early December as tuition and room and board for the spring become due in December for most schools, but hanging the decision on who wins on Tuesday just has a very bad smell to it. Certainly plays into the narrative that's been going on all spring and summer that COVID may go away after the election depending on who wins.
That certainly does smell bad ... unbelievably bad.
socalref

Post by socalref »

smoova wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:48 pm
socalref wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:43 pm That and their plans for the spring as far as opening the campus, continue to teach remote, etc. I realize they have to make decisions in November/early December as tuition and room and board for the spring become due in December for most schools, but hanging the decision on who wins on Tuesday just has a very bad smell to it. Certainly plays into the narrative that's been going on all spring and summer that COVID may go away after the election depending on who wins.
That certainly does smell bad ... unbelievably bad.
LOL. Just call me a liar and be done with it.
calourie

Post by calourie »

If I were running a school I would suggest that a Trump win would likely result in a further flaunting of masklessness, and barring the introduction of an effective vaccine an accelerated increase in both infection and death from Covid for the next few months. A Biden win might engender a willingness on the part of the medical world to be more assertive in their promoting of precaution and mask wearing regardless of what Trump and Scott Atlas want to do and say with their remaining time in power. In that case we might see some increased movement in mask wearing and taking the virus with a greater degree of concern than dismissal, which wouldn't surprise me if it was to the benefit of us all. All we know for certain now is that we haven't turned any contagion corner and deaths appear to be ramping up.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”