FanLax Forum Poll

D1 Womens Lacrosse
crazyhorse

Re: FanLax Forum Poll

Post by crazyhorse »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 2:29 pm
Matnum PI wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 12:36 pm D1 WOMEN: FanLax Forum Poll (04/04/22)
https://fanlax.com/2022/04/04/d1-women- ... -04-04-22/

Rats! My #5 was supposed to be Stony Brook. I could have sworn I clicked on Stony Brook. Does the format allow double votes?
A morning for fat fingers. I did it, too. Was supposed to have Maryland at 7.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 2:29 pm Does the format allow double votes?
It does not double count. e.g. Crazy Horse put Loyola twice. But, for obvious reasons, if you don't list a team at all, this'll have an effect on their ranking.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

crazyhorse wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 3:33 pm A morning for fat fingers. I did it, too. Was supposed to have Maryland at 7.
Updated again...
Caddy Day
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

The Forum Polls are usually due on Monday at noon. This week, the polls are due on Wednesday at noon and will be posted on Wednesday afternoon. You can post your poll on Monday, per usual, but just know that the poll isn't due and won't be posted until Wednesday. Enjoy this weekend's games.
Caddy Day
FanLax Computer

Post by FanLax Computer »

As of 8:51 AM EST:
Win Percentage, Win Ranking, Loss Ranking

– Team W% W L
1 North Carolina 100% 1 1
2 Northwestern 85% 2 4
3 Boston College 92% 3 2
4 Loyola 92% 5 5
5 Syracuse 77% 3 9
6 Stony Brook 82% 8 7
7 Maryland 92% 6 8
8 Duke 93% 9 5
9 Denver 92% 12 3
10 Princeton 78% 11 10
11 Florida 69% 15 12
12 Rutgers 77% 10 18
13 James Madison 69% 7 22
14 USC 82% 16 14
15 Arizona State 50% 13 24
16 Virginia 50% 18 20
17 Ohio State 69% 14 23
18 Yale 80% 26 11
19 UConn 83% 29 13
20 Johns Hopkins 54% 25 21
21 Jacksonville 73% 27 19
22 Michigan 64% 17 29
23 Notre Dame 38% 20 28
24 Richmond 85% 33 16
25 Stanford 57% 19 30
“I do not fear computers. I fear lack of them.” -Isaac Asimov
OuttaNowhereWregget

Week ending 4/10

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

1 - Carolina. Number one but they don’t look invincible like the old Maryland teams used to. They struggled against depleted Syracuse, a team that likes to shoot themselves in the foot to help their opponent, and they did so again Saturday. Tar Heels were there to be had if Syracuse had been more disciplined and a little smarter.

2 - Boston College. Still looking good; still doing a lot of things well but they don’t look invincible either.

3 - Northwestern. They keep winning and continue to recover from their two losses to numbers 1 and 2. We’ll know a lot more after their clash with Maryland in less than 2 weeks.

4 - Stony Brook is in a state of limbo until the tournament.

5 - Syracuse. See 1.

6 - Duke. The game with Virginia Tech was close for a while, then Duke found another gear and pulled away, then they took their foot off the gas and let the Hokies back in but recovered in time to seal it. No more grace period for Duke though. Next two games are hosting BC then traveling to Carolina.

7 - JMU. Another team in limbo til the tournament. Nothing but flotsam and jetsam between now and May for the Dukes.

8 - Denver had a scare against UConn and may not be a real candidate for the final four after all. But they have guts and scrap and they stay put in the top 10.

9 - Loyola is also in limbo. No one to sharpen them or challenge them til May. Maybe they should move to another more challenging conference because it will be the same old story come May—they’ll lose in the earlier rounds to another stronger, more battle tested team.

10 - Maryland has a couple of big tests coming up – Princeton Wednesday night for the big one and see 3. for the biggest. We’ll take the measure of their mettle after those two.

11 - Florida will not be tested until the tournament. Maybe Jacksonville gives them a little struggle but the Dolphins no longer have the element of surprise in the state rivalry.

12 - Arizona State. Three straight wins, two over ranked opponents for Taylor Pinzone and company. An up-and-coming new (tough) kid on the block. Fun team to watch. Scrappy and aggressive. No one told them they’re supposed to lose to teams above them.

13 - Princeton got a much needed back-on-track blowout win over Brown before they host Maryland Wednesday night.

14 - UMass moves up with their win over ranked conference rival Richmond.

15 - Stanford lost to Arizona State but bounced back with a shoot out win against USC.

16 - Ohio State. Three straight wins over Penn State, Louisville and suddenly sinking-like-a-stone Michigan.

17 - Jacksonville wiped out supposedly much improved Kennesaw State.

18 - Yale keeps rolling with another Ivy League win over Harvard. 

19 - Virginia Tech gave Duke a good fight for a while. They’ve got some talented players.

20 - UConn showed some scrap by pushing Denver to OT on the road.

21 - Virginia keeps to their marginal ways.

22 - USC lost to Stanford.

23 - Army status quo.

24 - Rutgers is sinking. Haven’t had a quality win in a while.

25 - Richmond lost to UMass in big conference game.

Disclaimer. This is obviously in seacoaster/Seacoaster(1) style but without the wit and polish.
Dr. Tact

Re: Week ending 4/10

Post by Dr. Tact »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:12 pm
9 - Loyola is also in limbo. No one to sharpen them or challenge them til May. Maybe they should move to another more challenging conference because it will be the same old story come May—they’ll lose in the earlier rounds to another stronger, more battle tested team.
#9? OK. So you are predicting that Loyola will lose in the early rounds....I think you may be right. In fact, I am not sure they even get the AQ. NCAA will decide that they play in such a pitiful conference that the Patriot League AQ should go to the #6 team in the ACC. Because, they are clearly a better team from a better conference. In fact, I think that next year, all the cr*ppy conferences will be required to give their spot to the ACC and the B1G. Everyone, except SBU and JMU and FLA.
Bart

Post by Bart »

Dr. Tact wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 7:38 am
#9? OK. So you are predicting that Loyola will lose in the early rounds....I think you may be right. In fact, I am not sure they even get the AQ. NCAA will decide that they play in such a pitiful conference that the Patriot League AQ should go to the #6 team in the ACC. Because, they are clearly a better team from a better conference. In fact, I think that next year, all the cr*ppy conferences will be required to give their spot to the ACC and the B1G. Everyone, except SBU and JMU and FLA.
Someone’s cranky this morning :lol: :lol: :lol:

Not that I don’t share your sentiment
OuttaNowhereWregget

I appreciate your feedback, Doc. Let me know when you post your top 25 (including comments) so we can compare notes.

(You too, Bart)
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:52 am
I appreciate your feedback, Doc. Let me know when you post your top 25 (including comments) so we can compare notes.

(You too, Bart)
OK. since you asked:

#1 - UNC - Best team in the Best conference
#2 - BC - Second best team in the Best conference
#3 - Cuse - Third best team in the Best conference (See a trend here?)
#4 - NU - Best team in the Second best conference
#5 - SBU - AQ in cr*ppy conference, but not required to give a spot to the ACC (why? Because they are Stony Brook)
#6 - Maryland - Second best team in the Second best conference
#7 - Florida - AQ in cr*ppy conference, but not required to give a spot to the ACC (why? Because they are Florida)
#8 - Princeton - Ancient 8 team, so they get a bid
#9 - Duke - Fourth best team in the Best conference so they get top 10 (why? if you have to ask, you haven't paid attention)
#10 - JMU - should be an AQ in cr*ppy conference, but takes first At large (and they are a former champion, so that trumps all others' RPI/SOS/etc.)
#11 - Denver - AQ in cr*ppy conference, but not required to give a spot to the ACC
#12 - Loyola - trades their first round game to Duke (because they are in the ACC) Eliminated by LSOP in first round, if they even get in...
#13 - UMass - AQ in cr*ppy conference, but not required to give a spot to the ACC
#14 - The Ohio State University - Third best team in the Second best conference (gets their spot in a trade with VT)
#15 - ASU - AQ in cr*ppy conference, but not required to give a spot to the ACC
#16 - Yale
#17 - Jacksonville - AQ in cr*ppy conference, but not required to give a spot to the ACC - Sorry Louisville.
#18 - Notre Dame - 5th best team in the Best conference. Gets spot from the Naval Academy and special disposition for being under .500, because they are ND and in the ACC
#19 - West Point - AQ in cr*ppy conference, but not required to give a spot to the ACC - although Pitt wanted it
#20 - Virginia - 7th best team in the best conference - but they are UVA.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

1. North Carolina -- Sure, they looked beatable in a game against Syracuse in the Dome. But the Dome is the biggest HCA in the world, and I think Moreno's relatively off day is explainable by the optics there.

2. Boston College -- Eagles are going to stay right here for a while.

3. Syracuse -- tough, resilient and well-coached. Yes, they lost to Northwestern but I don't like Northwestern

4. Northwestern -- Gilbert and Girardi.

5. Stony Brook.

6. Loyola -- I'm only putting them here because I like Doc, but I really think Loyola would finished 43rd in the ACC/B1G Combo League.

7. Denver -- imagine a SBU-Denver game? Ambulance on call?

8. Duke -- kind of chagrins me to put them here, but the fact is they keep winning. Should have put VTech away by five or six, but let the Hokies back into the game. More of a learning moment than a moment of chest-beating there.

9. JMU.

10. Maryland.

11. Princeton -- game this Wednesday will decide Nos. 10 nd 11 for a while.

12. Florida -- you know, I would hate to draw this team in the NCAA tournament, because you don't know what team you're gonna see. Good athletes, middle of the road coaching.

13. ASU.

14. Stanford -- too high? Reasonable people can disagree.

15. The OSU -- liked the effort at Ann Arbor.

16. Yale -- my brother went to Yale, apparently smoked a lot of dope, listened to a ton of jazz, and ate a lot of good pizza. Went in the Army after he graduated, sort of a penance I guess.

17. UConn -- nice effort against a tough, physical and well-coached Denver team.

18. Notre Dame -- I cannot shake the belief that this is actually a pretty good team.

19. UVA -- Right? Still hanging in the Top 20.

20. Virginia Tech -- this team is a year away from being in the top 15, or higher. Good new coach, some nice players.
Bart

Post by Bart »

(You too, Bart)
Sorry mate….don’t do it. For me It’s a fool’s errand. But by all means have at it.
Bart

Post by Bart »

Dr. Tact wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 9:49 am

(You too, Bart)
OK. since you asked:

#1 - UNC - Best team in the Best conference
#2 - BC - Second best team in the Best conference
#3 - Cuse - Third best team in the Best conference (See a trend here?)
#4 - NU - Best team in the Second best conference
#5 - SBU - AQ in cr*ppy conference, but not required to give a spot to the ACC (why? Because they are Stony Brook)
#6 - Maryland - Second best team in the Second best conference
#7 - Florida - AQ in cr*ppy conference, but not required to give a spot to the ACC (why? Because they are Florida)
#8 - Princeton - Ancient 8 team, so they get a bid
#9 - Duke - Fourth best team in the Best conference so they get top 10 (why? if you have to ask, you haven't paid attention)
#10 - JMU - should be an AQ in cr*ppy conference, but takes first At large (and they are a former champion, so that trumps all others' RPI/SOS/etc.)
#11 - Denver - AQ in cr*ppy conference, but not required to give a spot to the ACC
#12 - Loyola - trades their first round game to Duke (because they are in the ACC) Eliminated by LSOP in first round, if they even get in...
#13 - UMass - AQ in cr*ppy conference, but not required to give a spot to the ACC
#14 - The Ohio State University - Third best team in the Second best conference (gets their spot in a trade with VT)
#15 - ASU - AQ in cr*ppy conference, but not required to give a spot to the ACC
#16 - Yale
#17 - Jacksonville - AQ in cr*ppy conference, but not required to give a spot to the ACC - Sorry Louisville.
#18 - Notre Dame - 5th best team in the Best conference. Gets spot from the Naval Academy and special disposition for being under .500, because they are ND and in the ACC
#19 - West Point - AQ in cr*ppy conference, but not required to give a spot to the ACC - although Pitt wanted it
#20 - Virginia - 7th best team in the best conference - but they are UVA.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Dasher

Post by Dasher »

NOTHING TO SEE HERE- Am I the only one who noticed ND added the 4/5 Detroit Mercy game to their schedule? Wasn't on their original schedule unveiled in December. That theoretically will get them to 8-8 if they win out. Seems sketchy IMHO.
2022 Notre Dame Women’s Lacrosse Schedule

All Times ET

Friday, Feb. 11 – vs. Central Michigan

Sunday, Feb. 13 – vs. Michigan

Saturday, Feb. 19 – at Vanderbilt

Wednesday, Feb. 23 – vs. Northwestern

Saturday, Feb. 26 – vs. Syracuse

Saturday, March 6 – vs. Virginia

Thursday, March 10 – at Virginia Tech

Sunday, March 13 – vs. Jacksonville

Sunday, March 20 – vs. Yale

Sunday, March 27 – vs. Duke

Saturday, April 2 – at North Carolina
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Saturday, April 9 – at Boston College

Saturday, April 16 – vs. Pittsburgh

Monday, April 18 – at Marquette

Saturday, April 23 – at Louisville
OuttaNowhereWregget

Bart wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 10:09 am
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:52 am Let me know when you post your top 25 (including comments) so we can compare notes.

(You too, Bart)
Sorry mate….don’t do it. For me It’s a fool’s errand. But by all means have at it.
OuttaNowhereWregget

You’ve got Loyola too low at #12, Doc.

And for the record, I’d like to see Loyola do well in the NCAA postseason but they just don’t seem to have the fire to do it. If they could play the way they played in the fourth quarter against Syracuse all the time, with their talent, they would be in the final four most every year. A very talented team that inconsistently plays with fire. I kind of resent them for that because they have some players that I really like. They should have more pride as a team.
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 9:59 am
6. Loyola -- I'm only putting them here because I like Doc, but I really think Loyola would finished 43rd in the ACC/B1G Combo League.
Much too high...remember they play in a talent deprived league....just play cupcakes.

Another way of thinking about their relative strength? Every team in the Above Combo league would win all their games in the Patriot League. No comparison.
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 11:57 am You’ve got Loyola too low at #12, Doc.

And for the record, I’d like to see Loyola do well in the NCAA postseason but they just don’t seem to have the fire to do it. If they could play the way they played in the fourth quarter against Syracuse all the time, with their talent, they would be in the final four most every year. A very talented team that inconsistently plays with fire. I kind of resent them for that because they have some players that I really like. They should have more pride as a team.
do.....not....react...to ... (Ah scr*w it). I am not sure I agree with your "more pride" comment.

Just for the record. They lost to Syracuse in a tightly contested game with all their starters (Cuse). One goal....they havent lost to anyone else. Yes, the patriot league is cr*p, blah blah blah.....That said, I am not confident that the team will win past that first round loss you expect.
Bart

Post by Bart »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 11:51 am
Bart wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 10:09 am
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:52 am Let me know when you post your top 25 (including comments) so we can compare notes.

(You too, Bart)
that's cute
laxer12

Post by laxer12 »

Dr. Tact wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 12:10 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 11:57 am You’ve got Loyola too low at #12, Doc.

do.....not....react...to ... (Ah scr*w it). I am not sure I agree with your "more pride" comment.

Just for the record. They lost to Syracuse in a tightly contested game with all their starters (Cuse). One goal....they havent lost to anyone else. Yes, the patriot league is cr*p, blah blah blah.....That said, I am not confident that the team will win past that first round loss you expect.
Oh, Syracuse had all their starters for that game, huh? That's news to me.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”