Conservative Ideology 2024: NOTHING BUT LIES AND FEARMONGERING

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
DocBarrister

The Texas Taliban

Post by DocBarrister »

September 1, 2021

OLYMPIA, Wash. – Insurance Commissioner Mike Kreidler issued the following statement today on the new Texas law that restricts women’s rights to abortion:

“The Republican party in Texas has once again shown its blatant disregard for women’s rights. The new law that effectively bans abortions in the state cannot be allowed to stand.

“The Texas law is a threat to women’s health and – if allowed to stand – could become a model for other states to restrict the ability of women to make choices about their own health.

“Texas Republicans have become America’s own version of the Taliban. Once again, Republicans are showing how little they care for women’s rights and health. I will do everything in my power to make sure this Taliban-like move by Texas never finds a place in the state of Washington.

“I urge everyone committed to women’s rights and health to take action to overturn this grotesque and backwards law in Texas. It is a threat to all of us.”

Mike Kreidler is Washington state’s insurance commissioner. He holds a master’s degree in public health from UCLA.

https://www.insurance.wa.gov/news/kreid ... -law-texas

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
kramerica.inc

Re: Conservative Ideology

Post by kramerica.inc »

DocBarrister wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:17 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:13 pm
seacoaster wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:22 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:32 am It's ok. The .gov knows what's best for us.

I was told in the covid thread that "my body, my choice" isn't a thing any more. We must comply to what the .gov would like.

But this invasiveness is crazy, right?! Imagine having to share some of your medical history for everyday activities like travel, school or work!
Do you not agree that the coronavirus has presented a compelling governmental interest in public health measures? Rights in this country have corresponding obligations, if we are to persist as a community. This "my body, my choice" paradigm you mention is itself balanced against other public welfare and health interests. The "personal rights" juggernaut that has been unleashed in the ignorance of this country has...never existed, and stands in opposition to having a civil society of laws.

I can't tell if you really don't understand this, or if you do, and you still just want to b*tch like an old harridan.
The sexist, ageist comment wasn't necessary.

It's not an "either-or" question.

I believe that Corona has presented a reason for SOME government interest in public health. But certainly not all the measures that have been implemented. I believe the .gov has overstepped in many areas, but not all.

From your comments, It appears you have far greater faith and reliance in the .gov than I do.
There are about 640,000 dead Americans who would disagree with you.

DocBarrister
Those 640k dead Americans might also care how this whole virus got started too.
But I don't hear you crowing about that.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:21 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:32 am It's ok. The .gov knows what's best for us.

I was told in the covid thread that "my body, my choice" isn't a thing any more. We must comply to what the .gov would like.

But this invasiveness is crazy, right?! Imagine having to share some of your medical history for everyday activities like travel, school or work!
Do you not agree that the coronavirus has presented a compelling governmental interest in public health measures? Rights in this country have corresponding obligations, if we are to persist as a community. This "my body, my choice" paradigm you mention is itself balanced against other public welfare and health interests. The "personal rights" juggernaut that has been unleashed in the ignorance of this country has...never existed, and stands in opposition to having a civil society of laws.

I can't tell if you really don't understand this, or if you do, and you still just want to b*tch like an old harridan.

I believe that Corona has presented a reason for SOME government interest in public health. But certainly not all the measures that have been implemented. I believe the .gov has overstepped in many areas, but not all.

From your comments, It appears you have far greater faith and reliance in the .gov than I do.

DocBarrister
Have you ever apologized for the racist thread title?

DocBarrister :?
@DocBarrister
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Yeah, OK, it was -- however it might be characterized -- unnecessary and unkind. Mea culpa.

I do have faith in government to mass the resources and give guidance necessary to combat these sorts of national problems. Even when the government is learning about it as it goes and makes missteps along the way. But a patchwork quilt of responses by individuals asserting their own right to do and/or not do certain things -- that is a recipe for the very disaster that Trump allowed to happen by trying to fake and bluff and pander his way to reelection.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

DocBarrister wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:25 pm

DocBarrister

Why would I apologize?
It originated in China.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:41 pm

DocBarrister

Why would I apologize?
It originated in China.
You called the virus “Chinese.” Viruses don’t have ethnicities.

After 18 months, you still don’t have a clue.

@DocBarrister
DocBarrister

American White Supremacists Praise Afghan Taliban

Post by DocBarrister »

How completely unsurprising. :roll:

(CNN)As the United States-backed government in Afghanistan fell to the Taliban and US troops raced to leave the country, White supremacist and anti-government extremists have expressed admiration for what the Taliban accomplished, a worrying development for US officials who have been grappling with the threat of domestic violent extremism.

That praise has also been coupled with a wave of anti-refugee sentiment from far-right groups, as the US and others rushed to evacuate tens of thousands of people from Afghanistan by the Biden administration's August 31 deadline.

Several concerning trends have emerged in recent weeks on online platforms commonly used by anti-government, White supremacist and other domestic violent extremist groups, including "framing the activities of the Taliban as a success," and a model for those who believe in the need for a civil war in the US, the head of the Department of Homeland Security's Office of Intelligence and Analysis, John Cohen, said on a call Friday with local and state law enforcement, obtained by CNN.

… Far-right extremist communities have been invigorated by the events in Afghanistan, "whether by their desire to emulate the Taliban or increasingly violent rhetoric about 'invasions' by displaced Afghans," according to recent analysis from SITE Intelligence Group, an American non-governmental organization that tracks online activity of White supremacist and jihadist organizations.

… Neo-Nazi and violent accelerationists -- who hope to provoke what they see as an inevitable race war, which would lead to a Whites-only state -- in North America and Europe are praising the Taliban for its anti-Semitism, homophobia, and severe restrictions on women's freedom, SITE found.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/01/politics ... index.html

@DocBarrister
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

DocBarrister wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:24 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:41 pm

DocBarrister

Why would I apologize?
It originated in China.
You called the virus “Chinese.” Viruses don’t have ethnicities.

After 18 months, you still don’t have a clue.

nah, he just wants to piss you off.

Kram,
No surprise, I quite agree with seacoaster. This is exactly the sort of matter for which we have a federal government, state governments, etc. I'm all for limiting government to those areas in which it is uniquely best equipped to respond for the public good, and this fits that bill exactly.

I don't expect perfect answers from government, and we certainly sometimes elect numbskulls who appoint other numbskulls, but that is still a better system than the Wild West and/or anarchy. Or 'the market'. Or personal "choice".
MDlaxfan76

Re: American White Supremacists Praise Afghan Taliban

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

DocBarrister wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:07 pm How completely unsurprising. :roll:

(CNN)As the United States-backed government in Afghanistan fell to the Taliban and US troops raced to leave the country, White supremacist and anti-government extremists have expressed admiration for what the Taliban accomplished, a worrying development for US officials who have been grappling with the threat of domestic violent extremism.

That praise has also been coupled with a wave of anti-refugee sentiment from far-right groups, as the US and others rushed to evacuate tens of thousands of people from Afghanistan by the Biden administration's August 31 deadline.

Several concerning trends have emerged in recent weeks on online platforms commonly used by anti-government, White supremacist and other domestic violent extremist groups, including "framing the activities of the Taliban as a success," and a model for those who believe in the need for a civil war in the US, the head of the Department of Homeland Security's Office of Intelligence and Analysis, John Cohen, said on a call Friday with local and state law enforcement, obtained by CNN.

… Far-right extremist communities have been invigorated by the events in Afghanistan, "whether by their desire to emulate the Taliban or increasingly violent rhetoric about 'invasions' by displaced Afghans," according to recent analysis from SITE Intelligence Group, an American non-governmental organization that tracks online activity of White supremacist and jihadist organizations.

… Neo-Nazi and violent accelerationists -- who hope to provoke what they see as an inevitable race war, which would lead to a Whites-only state -- in North America and Europe are praising the Taliban for its anti-Semitism, homophobia, and severe restrictions on women's freedom, SITE found.

Good lord...but please let's not call this "conservative", it's far right extremism. Not the same thing.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

DocBarrister wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:07 pm How completely unsurprising. :roll:

"Neo-Nazi and violent accelerationists -- who hope to provoke what they see as an inevitable race war, which would lead to a Whites-only state -- in North America and Europe"

Be sort of amusing if they had an uprising and came out on the little end of the horn...

Might be worth the price of admission to just get it over with and purge these irredeemable fools.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:20 pm

Good lord...but please let's not call this "conservative", it's far right extremism. Not the same thing.
True. Most “conservatives” want to conserve the United States Constitution and the United States of America.

But true “conservatives” really aren’t welcome in today’s Republican Party, are they?

DocBarrister :|
@DocBarrister
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

DocBarrister wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 6:20 pm

True. Most “conservatives” want to conserve the United States Constitution and the United States of America.

But true “conservatives” really aren’t welcome in today’s Republican Party, are they?

Apparently not. Nor moderates.
Just extremists and conspiracy mongers...they all good...
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 6:48 pm

Time for you to join the Democratic Party, MD.

The Democrats are the only remaining major party that actually supports democracy.

@DocBarrister
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

DocBarrister wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:10 pm

The Democrats are the only remaining major party that actually supports democracy.

No worries, I'm gonna be patient...and vote my conscience at each level.
But any Trump bootlickers will never get my vote.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

This nerd wasn’t invited to the house kegger but he still won the day in the end. (Friend of mine is that blonde pretty boy popular douche QB -Jacob Young, cut a nice career in daytime soap operas such that I can still get mileage out of telling roughly a ten year cohort or so of women that “Lucky” is my friend)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=d0l7tJyHKIQ
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:51 pm
DocBarrister wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:10 pm

No worries, I'm gonna be patient...and vote my conscience at each level.
But any Trump bootlickers will never get my vote.
Had a thought and I think the best metaphor for MD and folks like myself are that we’ve been the Turtle and simply never should’ve carried those scorpions across the river and seen them for what they were 30+ years ago.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
DocBarrister

Texas Taliban Supports the Right of Rapists to Sue Family of Victim

Post by DocBarrister »

The Texas Taliban (aka the Texas Republican Party) has expanded the rights of rapists to sue members of the victim’s family, allowing the rapist to make money off of his victim’s family.

In other words, the father and mother of a rape victim who help their daughter to get an abortion after a sexual assault might end up having to pay $10,000 each to their daughter’s rapist. Worse yet, the rapist could force his victim to carry his baby.

That is today’s Republican Party.

In other words, if a Texan becomes pregnant as a result of rape and is provided information about how to obtain an abortion by a rape counselor, the rapist could sue that counselor if the survivor had what the state deems an “illegal” abortion. The rapist could also sue the doctor who provided the abortion and anyone else — like a family member — who supported them in getting the abortion.

Similarly, someone who provides funds for an abortion could be sued, even if they didn’t know that’s what the money was being used for. And since anyone who "intends to engage” in providing an outlawed abortion can also be held liable, it’s possible to imagine that the rapist or other party could sue the provider in advance of the procedure to stop it from happening, denying the victim the ability to have the abortion.

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/t ... cna1266396

Considering the increasingly violent nature of the right wing, and their apparent hatred of women, is the Republican Party of our era really that different from the Taliban of Afghanistan?

Will the Texas Taliban next try to make an abortion murder under Texas law? After all, that is what they believe … that abortion is murder. If they do, which is certainly possible, then not only could a rapist force his victim’s family to pay him tens of thousands of dollars, but the rape victim could also be executed for getting an abortion.

Is that really any different from the Taliban in Afghanistan?

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Your definition of "conservative" is definitely in the miniscule minority of what your own party believes how conservativism is defined. If I placed you in a room of 100 republicans and you started to express your republican vision to those fellow 100 Republicans... You would be introduced to the bums rush and you would have a size 11 Red Wing steel toe boot kicking you in your ass end. :D
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:20 am

Your definition of "conservative" is definitely in the miniscule minority of what your own party believes how conservativism is defined. If I placed you in a room of 100 republicans and you started to express your republican vision to those fellow 100 Republicans... You would be introduced to the bums rush and you would have a size 11 Red Wing steel toe boot kicking you in your ass end. :D
:lol: :lol: You just made his point!
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

jhu72 wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:27 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:20 am

:lol: :lol: You just made his point!
https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Rockefeller_Republican

No Doctor dumbass... i made a point that any legitimate republican, excluding MD lax would understand. Those MD lax liberal rockefeller republicans tore the party down. It is the job of liberal cumquats like MD lax to drive the nail into the coffin of the party and keep them down. My good friend is also a lifelong republican. His family are all lifelong republicans. i worked for years with lifelong republicans. I know dozens of lifelong republicans. If MD lax tried to spew his Rockefeller bullchit in a room filled with these life long republicans i would fear for his safety. That is why all you FLP liberals on this forum simply adore MD lax and the few minions that agree with him. Liberal Rockefeller republicans are the best friends you have to keep democrats in power. I don't blame you for it, that is politics. i will blame people like MD lax who pretend to be conservative republicans. He can opine here all he wants but there is not a conservative bone in his blue blooded rockefeller republican body. I only wish he would would stop lying about it. He is no more a conservative republican than Bernie Sanders is a moderate democrat.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:

Return to “POLITICS”