The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Typical Lax Dad

Re: 2024

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

PizzaSnake wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2024 10:21 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2024 8:50 pm
PizzaSnake wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2024 8:24 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2024 7:41 pm Maybe I won’t spend time in Portugal….

https://www.foxnews.com/world/man-suspe ... itcase.amp
To-go snacks for the trip.
I wonder if he made any jerky?

https://history.denverlibrary.org/news/ ... o-cannibal
Bag of pemmican.
:lol: :lol: :lol: maybe mix it with scrapple.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

Are we sure those illegals in Springfield are not really vampires?
“I wish you would!”
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2024 10:26 pm Are we sure those illegals in Springfield are not really vampires?
Being a petromyzon marinus himself, Drumpf would recognize a sucker when he saw one.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2024 8:45 am
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2024 7:19 am "They're eating the dogs. They're eating the pets."

"I am a leader in fertilization."

Harris kept the Moron on the defensive the entire evening, and that is not easy to do to a bloviator like him. She was composed, prepared and ready with the points she wanted to make, the direction she wanted to move the debate, and the manner in which to bait him into doing it for her. Pretty impressive stuff.
... one of my favorites!
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

a fan wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2024 12:56 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2024 12:47 pm What’s worse:

A) Shine a powerful light inside the body to kill COVID or

B) In Springfield they are eating the dogs?

What would have happened to Obama, Biden or Kamala had any of them said these words?
We all know: R's would lose their minds, and they'd be demanding Trump step down because he's old, and not making any sense in his speeches.

Instead? Trump gets a full pass, and suddenly they "forgot" that they were all over an aging Biden for not making sense in speeches.

I'm SO sick of these idiots, enabling what they know is wrong. 12 years and counting of this sh&t.
... it gets worse apparently. These morons are beating up on Haitian immigrants. Turns out Haitian immigrants once naturalized tend to vote Republican. I sh*t you not!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

There are 1.2 million Haitians in Florida and about 300,000 can vote.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Good thread from Twitter on the background to the Afghanistan withdrawal:

https://twitter.com/VetsForRL/status/18 ... 9430261018
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Whiny little people talk about the debate:

https://www.theatlantic.com/newsletters ... lf/679797/

"This morning found the former apex predator of American politics looking for some hand-holding. Donald Trump said on Fox & Friends that he is “not inclined” to do any more debates, but that if he does, he wants only the friendliest possible moderators—his suggestions were the Fox News hosts Sean Hannity, Jesse Watters, or Laura Ingraham.

Trump’s comment came during a morning spent complaining about last night’s ABC moderators and arguing that the network should lose its broadcasting license. He was trying to pick up the pieces from a shambolic performance. “Trump lost his cool over and over,” David Frum wrote in The Atlantic. “Goaded by predictable provocations, he succumbed again and again.” Kamala Harris baited him with surgical precision, triggering his insecurities while giving him full freedom to openly wallow in his delusions.

Even some of Trump’s most reliable sycophants had to recognize that the fault lay neither in the stars nor in the moderators but rather in the candidate himself. Others in the former president’s universe, though, have refused to acknowledge that truth. During the debate, the conservative activist and Turning Point USA founder Charlie Kirk posted on X: “Did you really think they were going to give Trump a fair debate? Trump got shot on July 13th, and now a drive by shooting on September 10th.” Megyn Kelly posted: “These moderators are a disgraceful failure and this is one of the most biased, unfair debates I have ever seen. Shame on you @ABC.” Other reactions were even more hysterical. Sean Davis, a co-founder of The Federalist, suggested not only that ABC lose its license but that the moderators and network executives be charged with “criminal election fraud and interference.” “What you saw last night from ABC has never happened before in American history,” the former Trump aide Stephen Miller complained in a post on X. “We’ve always had leftwing bias from establishment corporate press. This was something else entirely: this was aggressively working to sabotage and undermine the democratic process.”

As soon as he got offstage, Trump grasped onto his supporters’ line of defense. “I thought that was my best Debate, EVER, especially since it was THREE ON ONE!” Trump wrote on Truth Social, echoing phrasing used online during the debate. Trump must be aware on some level that last night, tens of millions of voters watched a bitter, confused, and diminished elderly man fall apart in front of their eyes. At his rallies, Trump can get away with his signature lies and tantrums of grievance—and with not saying much at all about actual policy plans. In his softball interviews with fawning right-wing hosts, he can ramble and lie without fear of being challenged. At the presidential debate, though, it didn’t work. So he has decided to blame everybody but himself.

History should note that the former president spent part of the day of the debate hanging out with a notoriously bigoted conspiracy theorist and posting memes referencing a false claim about Haitian immigrants eating pets in Ohio. Even after the story of the pet-eating immigrants was debunked, Trump and his running mate, J. D. Vance, continued to push the racist idea, which led to the debate’s most memorable moment. “In Springfield, they’re eating the dogs, the people that came in, they’re eating the cats,” Trump declared. “They’re eating the pets of the people that live there, and this is what’s happening in our country.”

Actually, it’s not happening, as the debate moderator David Muir pointed out, noting that ABC had reached out to the Springfield city manager to confirm this. Trump and his supporters were incensed that the ABC moderators, who fact-checked some of Trump’s statements in the debate live, corrected this and a few of his other egregious lies—for example, pointing out that killing newborn babies is illegal, contra Trump’s claim that in some states, doctors can “execute” babies after birth.

Attacking debate moderators and the media in general is nothing new for Trump. He makes no secret of his loathing for the press and for anyone who holds him to account. Indeed, he tried to inoculate himself against a poor debate performance by pre-attacking ABC, accusing it of liberal bias. But it wasn’t the moderators or the network, or even Harris, who forced Trump to begin ranting that “they’re eating the dogs!” That was all Trump. Ever the showman, he may understand just how awful last night’s show was for him—which is why he’s pointing the finger at everyone else."

The payoff for traveling with Laura Loomer.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2024 3:29 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2024 3:14 pm
a fan wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2024 2:24 pm
youthathletics wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2024 2:22 pm
a fan wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2024 12:17 pm
youthathletics wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2024 10:59 am
a fan wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2024 10:53 am
youthathletics wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2024 10:09 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2024 9:55 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2024 5:11 am
youthathletics wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2024 8:01 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2024 7:19 pm
njbill wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2024 5:31 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2024 2:26 pm I might try and stay up to watch some of it but not likely.
Don’t worry. We all will give you an unbiased accounting of how poorly Trump did. :lol:
Thank you, I'm counting on you, don't let me down. :D
I am sitting it out tonight. Will catch up tomorrow after I check in with njbill's perspective and someone neutral, like MDLax, who will give us a fair and balanced response. :lol: :lol:
It's 5am, I've had a good nights sleep, I'm ready for the debacle post mortem.
I've been waiting patiently for any of the MAGA/MAGA adjacent/Trump apologist, or simply anti-Dem, folks on here to tell us what they saw. So, far, I haven't seen any even admit they watched...

Salty made a snide comment about Taylor Swift's endorsement, but hasn't shared any actual impressions of the performances by either candidate. I'm expecting something akin to "she didn't answer all the questions directly, she didn't explain why some of her positions have changed over time...and he's right about Ukraine and Israel and China etc"... maybe some complaining that moderators fact checked him more than her, (I haven't yet herd that they gave him too much air time...he spoke for 5 minutes more than her),

But nothing really about what a disaster this was for Trump, how obviously incompetent he is, the mess he created for himself at each turn, goaded along by Harris. Absolutely played him like a fiddle. And most damning, she pointed out that this is what foreign leaders tell her, how easy he is to manipulate, how his own top defense and security people believe he is a disgrace" and "dangerous".

The contrast was stark and obvious.
But over 40% of Americans will ignore his incompetence, his ignorance and his serious mental decline.
That's inevitable and it's really indeed "quite troubling".

I thought she took him apart masterfully.

But he hasn't said...nor has anyone else in adjacent/apologist land.
I have been scrolling through social media....still have not watched it.

1. CNN post panel clip: Woman states, I am not listening to what they say, but what they each have done while in office and at which point I was better off.

2. Dr. Phil had a behavioral scientists who interviewed people for the FBI and body language expert who was a grammy award winner: they both shared how lopsided the questions were posed and in the manner in which they were asked.

3. Zero facts checks for one, but many for another...when it was clear they both fibbed.

I could on, but it seems the narrative will be the media set up Trump in a 3v1 debate by just lobbing grenades at him and put him on the defensive...and at the end of the day, the media were the ones that looked more foolish, which made many voters empathize more for Trump by being attacked, while they ignored how poorly he responded.
Youth...come on man. Stop buying what the morons are selling and watch the debate if it's important to you. You know better.

Surprised you didn't parrot the TinFoilHat "earring" nonsense. As if talking about issues is SO hard, Kamala needs help. :roll:

Naturally, they don't care that you can't see Trump's ears to see if he's also "cheating". I'm so sick of how stupid these Americans have become.
I was merely sharing the pulse of what Social media is absorbing and pushing out...how it was interpreted that "I" believed this was an assumption on the reader.
It's not what "social media" is reporting, Youth. It's what YOUR FEED is reporting. And you're telling us you're not seeing the slant here?
:lol: Uh......my feed is part of Social Media as a hole. I stated rather clearly that "It seems the narrative will be". The entire paragraph is paraphrasing how the right wing media is responding today. I then reply again, "Sharing the pulse of what social media is pushing out" The latter further amplifying the former.

Unfortunately, you can no longer see who my followers are, but I have stated on many occasion, my timeline is not just R stuff. I follow and like plenty from the otherside, I often send them corrections when I see 'fake' posts....that has always helped keep the timeline balanced. But the narrative from the fanlax boomers is far more factual.... ;) :lol:
Well...you're either [youtube]fibbing[/youtube], or you are "forgetting" to post the "not just the R stuff".

You NEVER post stuff hitting the R's or Trump. Or if you do, I've never seen it. You know that, right?
I put my money on that….
Why Johnny pile on the Rs? The progressives on this forum got that covered all day long. :D
Exactly, that's about all this forum is filled with.....pro anything not R. I suppose that is how they treat close friends as well, "if you don't complain and moan as I do, you are not welcome in my clique'". Just flip the script......show us where 'they' are hitting the side the D's or Harris/Biden. Then nit pick on a typo and falsely claim who someone voted for......fibbing just like Trump and Kamala did.

If not for double-standards, they'd have none.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2024 8:02 am Exactly, that's about all this forum is filled with.....pro anything not R. I suppose that is how they treat close friends as well, "if you don't complain and moan as I do, you are not welcome in my clique'". Just flip the script......show us where 'they' are hitting the side the D's or Harris/Biden. Then nit pick on a typo and falsely claim who someone voted for......fibbing just like Trump and Kamala did.

Lighten up, Francis.

You don't even know most of, if not all of, us personally. Have you actually met anyone in person? Unlike you I don't get news and information from social media as you often do.

As for typos and the like - activate your emoji translator - the winking one means what it depicts.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2024 8:02 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2024 2:26 pm I might try and stay up to watch some of it but not likely.
Don’t worry. We all will give you an unbiased accounting of how poorly Trump did. :lol:
I am sitting it out tonight. Will catch up tomorrow after I check in with njbill's perspective and someone neutral, like MDLax, who will give us a fair and balanced response. :lol: :lol:
I've been waiting patiently for any of the MAGA/MAGA adjacent/Trump apologist, or simply anti-Dem, folks on here to tell us what they saw. So, far, I haven't seen any even admit they watched...

Salty made a snide comment about Taylor Swift's endorsement, but hasn't shared any actual impressions of the performances by either candidate. I'm expecting something akin to "she didn't answer all the questions directly, she didn't explain why some of her positions have changed over time...and he's right about Ukraine and Israel and China etc"... maybe some complaining that moderators fact checked him more than her, (I haven't yet herd that they gave him too much air time...he spoke for 5 minutes more than her),

But nothing really about what a disaster this was for Trump, how obviously incompetent he is, the mess he created for himself at each turn, goaded along by Harris. Absolutely played him like a fiddle. And most damning, she pointed out that this is what foreign leaders tell her, how easy he is to manipulate, how his own top defense and security people believe he is a disgrace" and "dangerous".

But over 40% of Americans will ignore his incompetence, his ignorance and his serious mental decline.

1. CNN post panel clip: Woman states, I am not listening to what they say, but what they each have done while in office and at which point I was better off.

2. Dr. Phil had a behavioral scientists who interviewed people for the FBI and body language expert who was a grammy award winner: they both shared how lopsided the questions were posed and in the manner in which they were asked.

3. Zero facts checks for one, but many for another...when it was clear they both fibbed.

I could on, but it seems the narrative will be the media set up Trump in a 3v1 debate by just lobbing grenades at him and put him on the defensive...and at the end of the day, the media were the ones that looked more foolish, which made many voters empathize more for Trump by being attacked, while they ignored how poorly he responded.
Youth...come on man. Stop buying what the morons are selling and watch the debate if it's important to you. You know better.

Surprised you didn't parrot the TinFoilHat "earring" nonsense. As if talking about issues is SO hard, Kamala needs help. :roll:

Naturally, they don't care that you can't see Trump's ears to see if he's also "cheating". I'm so sick of how stupid these Americans have become.
I was merely sharing the pulse of what Social media is absorbing and pushing out...how it was interpreted that "I" believed this was an assumption on the reader.
It's not what "social media" is reporting, Youth. It's what YOUR FEED is reporting. And you're telling us you're not seeing the slant here?
:lol: Uh......my feed is part of Social Media as a hole. I stated rather clearly that "It seems the narrative will be". The entire paragraph is paraphrasing how the right wing media is responding today. I then reply again, "Sharing the pulse of what social media is pushing out" The latter further amplifying the former.

Unfortunately, you can no longer see who my followers are, but I have stated on many occasion, my timeline is not just R stuff. I follow and like plenty from the otherside, I often send them corrections when I see 'fake' posts....that has always helped keep the timeline balanced. But the narrative from the fanlax boomers is far more factual.... ;) :lol:
Well...you're either [youtube]fibbing[/youtube], or you are "forgetting" to post the "not just the R stuff".

You NEVER post stuff hitting the R's or Trump. Or if you do, I've never seen it. You know that, right?
I put my money on that….
Why Johnny pile on the Rs? The progressives on this forum got that covered all day long. :D
Exactly, that's about all this forum is filled with.....pro anything not R. I suppose that is how they treat close friends as well, "if you don't complain and moan as I do, you are not welcome in my clique'". Just flip the script......show us where 'they' are hitting the side the D's or Harris/Biden. Then nit pick on a typo and falsely claim who someone voted for......fibbing just like Trump and Kamala did.

I've been wondering what Kamala Harris' foreign policy will be. Pretty important concerning all the trouble brewing in the world around us. Maybe the USA will become more isolationist..who knows?? It will be a continually evolving process. I wonder what all of the bad actors in the world might think?
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
Typical Lax Dad

The folks reaching out to this family are probably just good Christian people motivated by the story being shared at the dinner table.
“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

It is inaccurate to state “social media” the accurate way to state it would be my feed of social media. Saying social media means the entirety of it but what you mean to say is what the algorithm has fed to you is demonstrating this theme you are presenting here.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2024 3:15 pm
Kismet wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2024 2:32 pm

You can always ask Leon Musk ;)

Also think you meant "as a whole" right? ;)
Leon Musk

Got the wrong Leon

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Lad ... 2000_film)
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

:D :roll:

yes, that was the predictable narrative which Trump claimed prior to the debate would happen.

He got 5 extra minutes to explain some wild eyed lies. Poor Donald.

63% of independents said Harris won solidly.

I'm not sure what you would claim were Harris' "fibs' as you didn't watch. I saw a couple of opportunities for the moderators to push her harder in a follow up, but not the massive lies Trump was spewing.

More importantly, Harris, not the mods, tore Trump up, mostly at Trump's own hand as he played into the worst of his character and demeanor for all to see...over and over and over again.

Watch the debate. Want to watch just the first half? ok...but watch uninterrupted, no selective editing.

Trump looked awful, terrible body language, and what came out of his mouth was either stumbling ranting or flat angry nonsense.

Anyone who feels sorry for the bully is really just projecting.

But yes, right wing media is all over the fact that Trump was fact checked on some really big whoppers.
Last edited by MDlaxfan76 on Thu Sep 12, 2024 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2024 9:23 am
youthathletics wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2024 8:02 am

I put my money on that….

I've been wondering what Kamala Harris' foreign policy will be. Pretty important concerning all the trouble brewing in the world around us. Maybe the USA will become more isolationist..who knows?? It will be a continually evolving process. I wonder what all of the bad actors in the world might think?
Harris has been quite clear...but you ain't bothering to listen.
Typical Lax Dad

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2024 9:55 am

:D :roll:

yes, that was the predictable narrative which Trump claimed prior to the debate would happen.

He got 5 extra minutes to explain some wild eyed lies. Poor Donald.

63% of independents said Harris won solidly.

I'm not sure what you would claim were Harris' "fibs' as you didn't watch. I saw a couple of opportunities for the moderators to push her harder in a follow up, but not the massive lies Trump was spewing.

More importantly, Harris, not the mods, tore Trump up, mostly at Trump's own hand as he played into the worst of his character and demeanor for all to see...over and over and over again.

Watch the debate. Want to watch just the first half? ok...but watch uninterrupted, no selective editing.

Trump looked awful, terrible body language, and what came out of his mouth was either stumbling ranting or flat angry nonsense.

Anyone who feels sorry for the bully is really just projecting.

But yes, right wing media is all over the fact that Trump was fact checked on some really big whoppers.
Trump said babies are being killed after they are born. Kamala was just as bad according to the guy that didn’t watch but is eating chum.
“I wish you would!”
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2024 8:45 am
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2024 7:19 am "They're eating the dogs. They're eating the pets."

"I am a leader in fertilization."

Harris kept the Moron on the defensive the entire evening, and that is not easy to do to a bloviator like him. She was composed, prepared and ready with the points she wanted to make, the direction she wanted to move the debate, and the manner in which to bait him into doing it for her. Pretty impressive stuff.
The lame-stream media has been suppressing these illegal alien videos for years.

Proof of the transgender surgeries has been found...

FannOLax

Post by FannOLax »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2024 10:26 pm Are we sure those illegals in Springfield are not really vampires?
Pedophiles... um, wait, or is it just Dem politicians that are pedophiles?

Return to “POLITICS”