HopFan16 wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 4:23 pm
NYterp09 wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 4:23 pm
HopFan16 wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 4:21 pm
NYterp09 wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 4:11 pm
HopFan16 wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 4:08 pm
primitiveskills wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 4:06 pm
10stone5 wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 4:05 pm
HopFan16 wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 4:04 pm
10stone5 wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 4:02 pm He got it off in time.
Yes, but why did they give the ball back to Maryland?
Refs with the bad call.
That was an obvious blown call and it cost us badly
A total joke. Should have been 13-11, Hopkins ball with 2 minutes left? InexplicBle
You guys are high, that was nowhere close to “obvious blown call.” Hats off to the Hopkins goalie tho, he was easily the game MVP. Terps could have had 20.
Lol, moron.

https://twitter.com/College_Crosse/stat ... 7050470405

Was clear as day in realtime.

Maybe you're worried about the Terps? You should be. Not a top team if Hopkins plays you this tough.
Someone needs to go back and relearn geometry
Use your eyes buddy. It's not difficult.
I literally rewatched it half a dozen times. You posted a grainy photo that shows zero perspective. Stop crying about it.
You sound super insecure. Good luck beating any halfway decent team in the playoffs. You're gonna need it, like you got it it today.

Look where the ball is. Then look where the players are. It's an automatic call and the refs pooped their pants. You can pretend like it didn't happen all you want. No "geometry" needed.

Lol do I really “sound” insecure? That’s some incredible insight. Go grab some more tissues and tell yourself you’ve still got a chance to win the B1G tournament.
Yeah, my guy, you do, arguing over a clearly blown call as the #1 team against a team that's now 2-8. Not the best look.
NYterp09

Re: Johns Hopkins 2021

Post by NYterp09 »

HopFan16 wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 4:43 pm
NYterp09 wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 4:36 pm
HopFan16 wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 4:29 pm
NYterp09 wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 4:25 pm
Refs with the bad call.
A total joke. Should have been 13-11, Hopkins ball with 2 minutes left? InexplicBle
You guys are high, that was nowhere close to “obvious blown call.” Hats off to the Hopkins goalie tho, he was easily the game MVP. Terps could have had 20.
Lol, moron.

Maybe you're worried about the Terps? You should be. Not a top team if Hopkins plays you this tough.
I literally rewatched it half a dozen times. You posted a grainy photo that shows zero perspective. Stop crying about it.
You sound super insecure. Good luck beating any halfway decent team in the playoffs. You're gonna need it, like you got it it today.

Look where the ball is. Then look where the players are. It's an automatic call and the refs pooped their pants. You can pretend like it didn't happen all you want. No "geometry" needed.

Lol do I really “sound” insecure? That’s some incredible insight. Go grab some more tissues and tell yourself you’ve still got a chance to win the B1G tournament.
Yeah, my guy, you do, arguing over a clearly blown call as the #1 team against a team that's now 2-8. Not the best look.
A win on the road against your rival on a day where you play easily the sloppiest lacrosse of the season and faced some unbelievable goalie play...yeah I think I’ll still take it.
Wheels

Post by Wheels »

Looked like Marcille was closer, but on the previous possession he didn't. Seemed like a ref make-up call to me. That's what I said to my son as we watched it.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

Look, credit Maryland for pulling a big win at the last minute against Hopkins.

And credit Hopkins for leading the Terps by two goals with less than 3 minutes left in the game.

Blue Jays have steadily improved over the course of the season. They are a pretty good team now. Odds are very long that they can win the AQ and make the NCAA tournament. Still, Hopkins will not be an easy win for anyone.

Call that progress and hope for the best.

At least we know Milliman and his crew can coach.

DocBarrister :|
@DocBarrister
RURICK

Post by RURICK »

Wheels, I agree with your assessment. Separately, Hopkins played by far their best game of the year. One play, and possibly debatable call, does not eliminate Hopkins effort and outstanding play AND GAMEPLAN. That said, you have to win after 60 minutes, not 58.
51percentcorn

Post by 51percentcorn »

Meanwhile in other lax news - the comet last known as Towsonius Tigerius came crashing down to earth 16-8 against Delaware - guess that trajectory wasn't as positively sloped as first thought - I thought you were always supposed to improve over the course of a season - especially with great coaching?

In terms of the game - I'm pretty good in geometry - Marcille was closer on that particular play. But you can't give up 3 goals in less than 2 minutes and expect to win. Maryland scored 3 goals in the first 4 minutes and 3 in the last 2 - 8 in the other 54 - they don't give out prizes for that unfortunately.
Last edited by 51percentcorn on Sat Apr 24, 2021 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pensky Material

Post by Pensky Material »

DocBarrister wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 4:58 pm Blue Jays have steadily improved over the course of the season. They are a pretty good team now. Odds are very long that they can win the AQ and make the NCAA tournament. Still, Hopkins will not be an easy win for anyone

So a team that's lost 6 straight has steadily improved and are a pretty good team now in your mind? Talk about being the eternal optimist.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

NYterp09 wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 4:51 pm
Refs with the bad call.
Lol, moron.

A win on the road against your rival on a day where you play easily the sloppiest lacrosse of the season and faced some unbelievable goalie play...yeah I think I’ll still take it.
There’s a lot of defensiveness around here. Some take the position that you can only speak negatively regarding anything Hop if you are a (former player or more likely not) alum and even then...

I didn’t see it live but the pic put up when you zoom in can se it’s somewhere between the blue and yellow vertical line,or at lest at the blue one, so I see where the terp perspective could say he was closer from and “East/west” Perspective. Whether that’s enough to offset the north/south Delta I can’t say. But there’s like four people screaming about how it was the reason Hop lost the game one one guy comes on who is taking the time to look at it repeatedly and he gets immediately called a moron. And with the impressive use of LOL by an adult too!

If anything it was surprising it was even close but doesn’t change that MD is a title contender and Hop won’t be in the playoffs.
Last edited by Farfromgeneva on Sat Apr 24, 2021 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

51percentcorn wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 5:10 pm Meanwhile in other lax news - the comet last known as Towsonius Tigerius came crashing down to earth 16-8 against Delaware - guess that trajectory wasn't as positively sloped as first thought - I thought you were always supposed to improve over the course of a season - especially with great coaching?
Some folks think Gilardi is the only reason for Nadelena success (not me)....
keno in reno

Post by keno in reno »

Seinfeld Zapruder film there. They gave up 3 goals after that injustice. Every team has had a call like that; one of Maryland's was 2 years ago and they still could have made 1 stop to win the game against UVA. Oh well. Hopkins played great all around and showed they've come a long way and can play with anyone; the future is good.

That was a fun game. After the last 14 months, hope everyone on either side of the Rivalry can appreciate that classic.
jhu06

Post by jhu06 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 5:14 pm
NYterp09 wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 4:51 pm
Refs with the bad call.
Lol, moron.

There’s a lot of defensiveness around here. Some take the position that you can only speak negatively regarding anything Hop if you are a (former player or more likely not) alum and even then...

I didn’t see it live but the pic put up when you zoom in can se it’s somewhere between the blue and yellow vertical line,or at lest at the blue one, so I see where the terp perspective could say he was closer from and “East/west” Perspective. Whether that’s enough to offset the north/south Delta I can’t say. But there’s like four people screaming about how it was the reason Hop lost the game one one guy comes on who is taking the time to look at it repeatedly and he gets immediately called a moron. And with the impressive use of LOL by an adult too!

If anything it was surprising it was even close but doesn’t change that MD is a title contender and Hop won’t be in the playoffs.
I love posts that have so many comments they turn into Vs.
Chitown

Post by Chitown »

keno in reno wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 5:23 pm Seinfeld Zapruder film there. They gave up 3 goals after that injustice. Every team has had a call like that; one of Maryland's was 2 years ago and they still could have made 1 stop to win the game against UVA. Oh well. Hopkins played great all around and showed they've come a long way and can play with anyone; the future is good.

That was a fun game. After the last 14 months, hope everyone on either side of the Rivalry can appreciate that classic.
+1.

I enjoyed that game. JHU played a lot of Freshmen, Sophomores, & Juniors, besides Williams and DiSimone. A lot of effort and when down by 5 goals to the # 1 team, JHU came back. A couple of the Maryland goals were spectacular (and once in a life-time type of goals). Maryland certainly did not collapse. Congratulations for being undefeated..

Many of the young JHU players were getting a lot of playing time, and will be back next year. Maryland, Rutgers, Duke, Virginia, etc will be graduating a lot of players this year. JHU has certainly improved this year. I think that next year will be interesting in a good way. Can't wait.
jhu06

Post by jhu06 »

Chitown wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 5:51 pm
keno in reno wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 5:23 pm Seinfeld Zapruder film there. They gave up 3 goals after that injustice. Every team has had a call like that; one of Maryland's was 2 years ago and they still could have made 1 stop to win the game against UVA. Oh well. Hopkins played great all around and showed they've come a long way and can play with anyone; the future is good.

+1.

I enjoyed that game. JHU played a lot of Freshmen, Sophomores, & Juniors, besides Williams and DiSimone. A lot of effort and when down by 5 goals to the # 1 team, JHU came back. A couple of the Maryland goals were spectacular (and once in a life-time type of goals). Maryland certainly did not collapse. Congratulations for being undefeated..

Many of the young JHU players were getting a lot of playing time, and will be back next year. Maryland, Rutgers, Duke, Virginia, etc will be graduating a lot of players this year. JHU has certainly improved this year. I think that next year will be interesting in a good way. Can't wait.
lyne, schilling, kirson, keough, mabbett among the veterans who did not appear in the box score today. Pretty much every veteran outside of degnon, angelus, Reinson, Williams, and connor disimone has seen the bench this season for injury or otherwise-delaney is new so I'm not counting him. You wonder what kind of turnover is coming if only a 5 guys on the roster seem to have the trust of the staff.
SocHop72

Post by SocHop72 »

Reminiscent of endline call at Virginia a few years ago. Lost that game too. But it was great to see a competitive game. My hopes are high!
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

Pensky Material wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 5:11 pm
DocBarrister wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 4:58 pm Blue Jays have steadily improved over the course of the season. They are a pretty good team now. Odds are very long that they can win the AQ and make the NCAA tournament. Still, Hopkins will not be an easy win for anyone

So a team that's lost 6 straight has steadily improved and are a pretty good team now in your mind? Talk about being the eternal optimist.
:roll:

Ask Coach Tillman and his Terps whether the Blue Jays have improved and whether they are a pretty good team now who will be a tough win for any team.

I’m pretty sure they will give you the same answer as me.

DocBarrister :roll:
@DocBarrister
jhu06

Post by jhu06 »

DocBarrister wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:24 pm

Ask Coach Tillman and his Terps whether the Blue Jays have improved and whether they are a pretty good team now who will be a tough win for any team.

some here have criticized the questions about the media, but would be interesting to know why we're seeing all these young kids get run and if it's injury or performance related.
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

Games rarely come down to one play. How many pipes did Hop hit today? Which I see as a positive. The offense is more than adequate to win in the B1G. The defense held Terps to 5 goals in the second half, none that I could see being soft. Wisnauskas' flip to make it 13-12 was slow moving but out of nowhere. Faceoffs were solid, although they lost some at key times. In almost every game they have had little 2-5 minute stretches where if they had played better they might be 5-5 or 6-4. I thought Hopkins had the better of the overall play today, just didn't get the result.
"I would never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member", Groucho Marx
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Desko has said the same things about Hobart in the years where the game wasn’t close as happens between 20%- 1/3 of them time I’d guess. I don’t think platitudes from a opposing conference coach is a compelling counterpoint. Maybe they are maybe they aren’t and fine to be optimistic but I wouldn’t believe a team is more competitive because an opposing conf coach said so publicly.
primitiveskills

Post by primitiveskills »

Great game. Posessions were everything. Credit to Maryland; their best players made plays when it counted, and winning the last three FOs was huge. Bernhardt is on a different level. Tough to lose that one, but it would have been easy to crawl into a hole after being down 5-0, and they didn't. I think that says a lot about the players and this staff.
primitiveskills

Post by primitiveskills »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:03 pm

Desko has said the same things about Hobart in the years where the game wasn’t close as happens between 20%- 1/3 of them time I’d guess. I don’t think platitudes from a opposing conference coach is a compelling counterpoint. Maybe they are maybe they aren’t and fine to be optimistic but I wouldn’t believe a team is more competitive because an opposing conf coach said so publicly.
It really doesn't matter what Tillman or Desko or anyone has to say. Watch the game. When Hopkins plays a consistent 60-minute game gets good goaltending, they are a good team.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”