Orange Duce

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Farfromgeneva

Re: Orange Duce

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Did you read that paragraph starting “the British government was scrambling...”?

On Trinity’s story about the variance in rent rolls and top line between lender provided financials and tax authority provided financials, that’s fraud, either tax or lender. Expenses I expect to have large deltas but not on the revenue side. The part about Weisselberg doesn’t move me, it’s very common for kids of developers and real estate execs to work in CRE lending, not unique as loans, whether capital markets (CMBS, CLO execution) or balance sheet (bank, insurance company lend and hold to maturity), its a commodity. But a cmbs lender should’ve checked tenant estoppels and reviewed signed leases for any material tenancy or some percentage and there’s some disconnect there. This cannot be explained away. But I suppose the CFO will just get nailed for it and DT will light him on fire like everyone else to save his own bacon from cooking like kramers skin when he decides to sw in the Hudson.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Yes I read it....and it did not quote Boris denying it. I'm sorry to be so cynical, but what is often not written/missing in an article and merely implied, just seems to call things into question for me.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Trust but verify, we have evidence that trump lies all the time, are you cynical about what he says? I don’t see that at all.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

I mo'certainly am. It's a given when his lips are moving he's selling something. I just do not trust any politicians, actually I do not trust many people that talk far more than they listen.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

Conservative blog thebulwark, goes off on the Grifter-in-Chief's frightening lack of knowledge of the sacred document he swore to uphold. It's common knowledge that the COOO is dumber than a bag of rocks. Yet, IMHO, the fact that he's surrounded by lawyers, one or 2 MAY have taken a con-law class, employs a Chief-of-Staff and gets advice from a cadre of adoring Congresspersons, COULD be an indication that they've been setting him up. :evil: :? :shock: ;)

https://thebulwark.com/donald-trump-con ... dium=email

POMPEO/BARR
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

There are standard politician lies, then there are Trump lies. He's in a whole other league, way ahead of anyone else ever. This is not normal and we shouldn't treat it as such or equate it to others.

Also, check out this letter.

And he said the PKK is worse than ISIS. Wow.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

holmes435 wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:55 pm There are standard politician lies, then there are Trump lies. He's in a whole other league, way ahead of anyone else ever. This is not normal and we shouldn't treat it as such or equate it to others.

I can now understand why he is such a great negotiator. :lol: :lol:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

holmes435 wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:55 pm There are standard politician lies, then there are Trump lies. He's in a whole other league, way ahead of anyone else ever. This is not normal and we shouldn't treat it as such or equate it to others.

This is written at a 5th grade level. I’m sure he got help on the big words.

More importantly, Trump acknowledges that the Kurds will be slaughtered.

Disgusting ... DEPLORABLE.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

DocBarrister wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:18 am

DocBarrister
He's including a letter from the Kurds "confidentially"????

Did the letter give permission to be shared with Erdogan???
I haven't seen it, so maybe it does, but sounds like it was another betrayal.
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Looks like WH Counsel Pat Cippilone helped Trump with his stupid Turkey letter.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

The Secretary of State, OF UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, defends and lauds his idol's READY-FIRE-AIM approach to decision making. He did so from the comfort of an extra-wide seat on the FOX NEWS set.

How did this THING earn that position? :roll: Must have used the Sondland method. Another case of the blind leading the blind. Wonder if this clown believes, like his master, that General Mattis is "highly overrated".

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/16/politics ... index.html
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

I don’t understand why Cradle isn’t bugging out about this comment. He just went on a tantrum, misunderstanding basic dialogue on these boards, about respecting all military folks unquestionably, but isn’t shouting about how trump shat all over Mattis and has done so numerous times in the past about various military leadership. While of course talking tough about how he narrowly escaped the trauma of bone spurs in the 70s....
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Good.

The bill effectively closes a double jeopardy loophole that usually prevents individuals charged on the federal level from being prosecuted by a state for the same offense. The measure was written to specifically target former Trump administration officials who may receive a pardon, an idea the president has regularly suggested for aides who have run afoul of the law.

POTUS can pardon federal crimes, not state crimes. The issue was how 'double jeopardy' would prevent the state crime being prosecuted if already charged at the federal level...then pardoned by a corrupt President.

Double jeopardy's purpose is not supposed to be (and in most states it isn't) a way to escape prosecution and punishment altogether, but rather to keep the government from re-prosecuting cases they'd failed to win in court the first time.
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

Liar of a feather -

"I thought Eric Trump had a really good point. Listen to this," Fox & Friends co-host Ainsley Earhardt said on Wednesday morning before airing a clip of the president's son....."The difference between us and Hunter is when my father became commander-in-chief of this country, we got out of all international business, right?"
Steve Doocy also sided with Eric Trump, commenting, "OK, so clearly there is a double standard when it comes to that, but we have heard about the hypocrisy before."
:lol:
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

The administration just announced that the G-7 meeting held next year will be at Doral. No place better could be found in all of the US. :lol: :lol:

I shall await the wailing and gnashing of teeth from all the Trumpsuckers who have a problem with Hunter Biden.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

jhu72 wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:02 pm The administration just announced that the G-7 meeting held next year will be at Doral. No place better could be found in all of the US. :lol: :lol:

I shall await the wailing and gnashing of teeth from all the Trumpsuckers who have a problem with Hunter Biden.
Not only that, but Mulvaney admitted boldly “Get over it” that there was a quid pro quo, but specifically about the nonsense conspiracy theory that it was the Democrats and Ukraine setting up the Russians in 2016.

Announcement by itself is a HUGE ad for Doral. Most profitable resort in Trumpland, but struggling since he became President because only supporters will now go there. Absolutely what the Founders were afraid of when they put in the emolument clause into the Constitution.

Also a great way to distract from the fact that the EU ambassador is giving a deposition today...

Mulvaney probably has set himself up for a deposition, and by being public about it today, he will have a hard time avoiding it eventually.
a fan

Post by a fan »

“The look-back to what happened in 2016 certainly was part of the thing that he was worried about in corruption with that nation,” Mr. Mulvaney told reporters, referring to Mr. Trump. “And that is absolutely appropriate.”

He said that the aid was initially withheld because, “Everybody knows this is a corrupt place,”

:lol: This is basically saying that he thinks that Republican voters are soooooo stupid, that they're not going to ask themselves "well if the Ukrainians are so corrupt, why the F are you asking them to investigate anything? Because obviously, anything they turn up would be suspect. Fabricated evidence. Perjured testimony".

I asked a Trumper that over the weekend. This hadn't occurred to him.

I helped him by asking "did you trust what Steele put together on Trump?"

Odd. He had no trouble understanding that logic.
Last edited by a fan on Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:57 am
DocBarrister wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:18 am

DocBarrister
He's including a letter from the Kurds "confidentially"????

Did the letter give permission to be shared with Erdogan???
I haven't seen it, so maybe it does, but sounds like it was another betrayal.
What's the big deal? Didn't Reagan and Bush and Clinton and Obama and Bosh and Carter and Johnson and Kennedy and Ike and Nixon write jocund little missives like this? TAATS?
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

“I will be leaving my great business in total.”

Donald Trump.

“There are lines that we would never cross, and that’s mixing business with anything government.”

Eric Trump.

MAGA.

Return to “POLITICS”