SCOTUS

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
cradleandshoot

Re: SCOTUS

Post by cradleandshoot »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 5:24 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 4:52 pm
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 4:23 pm
njbill wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 4:22 pm Actually, I think everyone or virtually everyone on this forum would discourage violence. The problem is Trump encourages it. Hillary, Pence, Cheney, J6, and on and on.
Agreed. Some of us here have been warning against the rhetoric employed by Trump and right for years.
So the rhetoric employed by trump and the far right caused someone to try and assassinate their guy on the right? Makes perfectly good sense of you don't think about it for long. :roll:
Guy was a Republican. So it may indeed be right-wing caused violence against Trump. There are a lot of far-righties and moderate righties who are not happy with Trump for various reasons. With a lot of hate-filled, violent messages for their peers.

But we don't know yet. We'll hopefully find out what the motives are sooner than later.
He was registered as a Republican but recently made a small donation to the democrats. I'm not certain that anyone will ever know what was going through his head. For all anyone knows his allegiance to the party was in line with the never Trumpers? They do have a ton of hostility when it comes to all things trump.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 5:34 pm
njbill wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 4:22 pm Actually, I think everyone or virtually everyone on this forum would discourage violence.
Except for BLM &/or Antifa riots.
gaslighting
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 5:44 pm
njbill wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 4:22 pm Actually, I think everyone or virtually everyone on this forum would discourage violence. The problem is Trump encourages it. Hillary, Pence, Cheney, J6, and on and on.
Agreed. Some of us here have been warning against the rhetoric employed by Trump and right for years.
So the rhetoric employed by trump and the far right caused someone to try and assassinate their guy on the right? Makes perfectly good sense of you don't think about it for long. :roll:
Guy was a Republican. So it may indeed be right-wing caused violence against Trump. There are a lot of far-righties and moderate righties who are not happy with Trump for various reasons. With a lot of hate-filled, violent messages for their peers.

But we don't know yet. We'll hopefully find out what the motives are sooner than later.
He was registered as a Republican but recently made a small donation to the democrats. I'm not certain that anyone will ever know what was going through his head. For all anyone knows his allegiance to the party was in line with the never Trumpers? They do have a ton of hostility when it comes to all things trump.
yes we do.

This 20 year old kid appears to have been an outsider, a bit ostracized by his peers in high school, maybe bullied...we'll learn a little more eventually. Dad's AR-15...why does dad have an AR-15? It ain't for hunting. How does kid feel about dad? Who knows what goes through someone's head...maybe he left something in writing..

On the politics, he registered as a Republican in 2021, when it was very clear that MAGA was not letting go, Trump was not letting go. I don't know of anyone who registered GOP during this MAGA era who actually opposes MAGA...there's just some hangers on, "RINO's", like me who are stubborn. But most never Trumpers either became MAGA obedient or they left the party altogether. I probably will do so when I register in Florida once I'm a resident there and need a license registered there. This fall.

And the $15 donation is an interesting twist as well...who knows what means too.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 5:58 pm

yes we do.

This 20 year old kid appears to have been an outsider, a bit ostracized by his peers in high school, maybe bullied...we'll learn a little more eventually. Dad's AR-15...why does dad have an AR-15? It ain't for hunting. How does kid feel about dad? Who knows what goes through someone's head...maybe he left something in writing..

On the politics, he registered as a Republican in 2021, when it was very clear that MAGA was not letting go, Trump was not letting go. I don't know of anyone who registered GOP during this MAGA era who actually opposes MAGA...there's just some hangers on, "RINO's", like me who are stubborn. But most never Trumpers either became MAGA obedient or they left the party altogether. I probably will do so when I register in Florida once I'm a resident there and need a license registered there. This fall.

And the $15 donation is an interesting twist as well...who knows what means too.
Dad reportedly had in excess of 25 firearms all likely accessible to the shooter- also in the database for Trump campaign donations
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 5:58 pm

yes we do.

This individual has apparently left law enforcement with a lot of questions and no answers in sight. I do believe that he understood he was never going to come down from that roof alive. Hopefully, maybe somewhere he wrote something down that would explain his frame of mind. He has to be the type of individual law enforcement fears the most. He had no social media interactions to speak of and apparently never sent out any red flags for anyone to see.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
Essexfenwick

Post by Essexfenwick »

njbill wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 4:22 pm Actually, I think everyone or virtually everyone on this forum would discourage violence.
The most violent, destructive , numerous,expensive and deadly events of all.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Essexfenwick wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2024 7:40 am
gaslighting, no one on this forum, including the further most 'left', was cheering on the actual rioting, quite the opposite.
Nor were prominent Dem politicians.

The BLM marches were quite another matter, of course.
You even had people like Mitt Romney joining a BLM march.
Essexfenwick

Post by Essexfenwick »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2024 7:48 am

gaslighting, no one on this forum, including the further most 'left', was cheering on the actual rioting, quite the opposite.

Marches fine

Looting, Burning, maiming and killing swept under the rug and excused.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Essexfenwick wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2024 8:17 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2024 7:48 am

Marches fine

Looting, Burning, maiming and killing swept under the rug and excused.
Baloney, roundly condemned on here, Petey.

And what "killing" ?? See links above.
Essexfenwick

Post by Essexfenwick »

At least 25 deaths

https://amp.theguardian.com/world/2020/ ... rest-acled

Equal to sandy hook .
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Essexfenwick wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2024 8:31 am At least 25 deaths

Equal to sandy hook .
Did you even read the article, Petey?

Most were shot by anti-BLM right wing antagonists. None by "Antifa".

Is that the "killing" you claim was "excused" on here?
ggait

Post by ggait »

Boycott stupid.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
Essexfenwick

Post by Essexfenwick »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2024 9:09 am

Equal to sandy hook .

Like Ashley Babbitt on J6. Or the J13 attempt.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Essexfenwick wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2024 9:18 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2024 9:09 am

Equal to sandy hook .

Like Ashley Babbitt on J6. Or the J13 attempt.
What are you even talking about, Petey?

Are you saying that Babbitt was killed by Antifa? Or that this 20 year old was secretly Antifa?

Or are you saying that those murders by right wingers of BLM protestors was the same as Babbitt coming through the window/door against police protecting Reps and Senators and staff and the VP?

Yes, the Babbitt shooting was justified...are you saying murders of BLM protestors is justified?

Maybe crawl back under your rock...your claims have exploded around your head.
old salt

Post by old salt »

ggait wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2024 9:15 am
Boycott stupid.
They were blown off here as peaceful protests. Remember the jokes about the elk statue in Portland, when the Fed Court House was repeatedly torched.

https://www.kgw.com/article/news/local/ ... e%20statue.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2024 10:03 am They were blown off here as peaceful protests. Remember the jokes about the elk statue in Portland, when the Fed Court House was repeatedly torched.

Says the guy who told us Jan 6th was a peaceful protest.

Old Salt as usual thinks that the forum doesn't have a search function.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2024 10:32 am
old salt wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2024 10:03 am They were blown off here as peaceful protests. Remember the jokes about the elk statue in Portland, when the Fed Court House was repeatedly torched.

How much damage was done on Jan 6, compared to the preceding BLM/Antifa riots. How much property damage & loss of life ?

How many nights was the Fed Court House in Portland torched ?
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

old salt wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2024 10:37 am

How much damage was done on Jan 6, compared to the preceding BLM/Antifa riots. How much property damage & loss of life ?

Last time we all checked the Portland Courthouse is still standing and is completely operational :oops: :oops:
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2024 10:37 am

:lol:

Ya ready? Here ya go: both were bad. And I said so at the time.

Try that. For just once in your life, try to understand that BOTH are bad. Or keep on this path where you don't care what your team does, while losing your mind at what the "other side" does.

And then clutch pearls when the other side does exactly what you do.....tells us it's no big deal.

You'll never figure this out. Neither will the other side. You're ruining this country, and no amount of discussion will get you to understand that you're ever bit as bad as the other side.

Return to “POLITICS”