The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Typical Lax Dad

Re: 2024

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2024 10:22 am LET'S GET READY TO RUMBLE... IT'S ALMOST TIME... FOR...

Where has he been?
“I wish you would!”
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

a fan wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2024 10:09 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2024 9:25 am
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2024 9:11 am Ohio police confirm there's no truth to the racist, anti-immigrant claims JD Vance and Ted Cruz have amplified.

"We wish to clarify that there have been no credible reports or specific claims of pets being harmed, injured or abused by individuals within the immigrant community."

All fear, all lies, all the time. Today’s GOP.
I wonder who disseminated the tripe on this site?….just providing information to be shared around the dinner table.
Same sh&t happening in Aurora....lies from "some guy on the internet" about immigrants doing whatever they can invent.

Everything.....everything....is a conspiracy with these idiots.

Keep saying it: Trumpism is here to stay, folks. The R party is gone. Bye-bye.
It’s going to get some folks killed…for being brown.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2024 3:03 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2024 2:50 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2024 2:13 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2024 1:45 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2024 12:33 pm https://finance.yahoo.com/news/siemens- ... 10095.html

People that may be old and out of touch with reality probably don’t realize this is taking place in upstate NY where far left progressives are taking the state of NY down the tubes.

I wonder if the libs had anything to do with this or if it was all private money from soup to nuts?
It won’t materially change the Corning /Elmira/HH area I promise. And respectfully having a lot to family in SWNY (Elmira to
Steuben co and up to Rich). The “human capital” isn’t sufficient to grow themselves out of their problems today.
Similar to the Intel project outside of Columbus, some of the talent will be imported in to fill high paying jobs. Even for a significant portion of the construction, crews are from out of the region because the work is sophisticated. YA is probably aware of this.
Still have a repeating close education Mint hub if you look to
Ithaca (Cornell, Ithaca Colege - boo f those guys and their stank a** “Butterfield filed with that whack drainage and slope to sidelines”). &

Rochester (RIT, UofR plus smaller ones if you want to mess around with valedictorians from Nazareth, SJF etc), Hobart kids wouldn’t go to WNY to cool for that…

But how many new project finance pitches to transform economics have you seen in your time because I’ve seen hundreds and can’t recall one truly changing a community.
Definitely isn’t changing much. I remember driving in a limousine to see guy’s at the NYHA the day Coumo lost the election. I was sitting in my old boss’ office listening to the call from Cuomo…. Cuomo said his network that he built over however many years went away overnight….we then took a car down to the NYHA and listen to a pitch on some huge project….anyway, the guy that pitched us was SHARP….a year later he was a founder at a PE shop in Hudson Valley and he used all his municipal connections to get some alternative investment money…..we later tried to underwrite a HY issue for him but back then you needed at least a $100MM tranche. We also weren’t equipped. He ended up with DLJMB Partners which tells you how long ago that was…..the point being the people attached to the projects made out, the communities were not changed that much until laters. We did work on some stuff in Harlem early on that contributed to the transformation you see today….but again, those in need didn’t see much change. I have a cousin up there that ended up moving out because he could no longer afford it.
Also meant to ask, does this mean you are NOT HOV, DLJ was repping the ROC and moving weight be the OZ?
Last edited by Farfromgeneva on Tue Sep 10, 2024 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Typical Lax Dad

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2024 10:54 am
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2024 9:11 am Ohio police confirm there's no truth to the racist, anti-immigrant claims JD Vance and Ted Cruz have amplified.

"We wish to clarify that there have been no credible reports or specific claims of pets being harmed, injured or abused by individuals within the immigrant community."

I wonder who disseminated the tripe on this site?….just providing information to be shared around the dinner table.
Same sh&t happening in Aurora....lies from "some guy on the internet" about immigrants doing whatever they can invent.

Like I have mentioned, my Sikh friend had to move his family from Nebraska to New Jersey because they were being intimidated and did not feel safe. They were mistaken for Muslims but Jesus guy doesn’t mind pushing this tripe out there. He is giving families something to discuss around the dinner table. I wonder what else has been discussed with family around that table?
“I wish you would!”
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2024 6:15 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2024 5:03 pm
youthathletics wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2024 3:39 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2024 12:01 pm
youthathletics wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2024 11:56 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2024 11:43 am Harris campaign website

She leads off with "A New Way Forward"

Her policies agenda with descriptions.
Consistent with her stump speeches and press briefings

https://kamalaharris.com/issues/

Trump leads off with:"THEY’RE NOT AFTER ME, THEY’RE AFTER YOU
…I’M JUST STANDING IN THE WAY!”
DONALD J. TRUMP, 45th President of the United States

His policy agenda (sanitized, no details):
https://www.donaldjtrump.com/platform

what he's saying on the stump is WAY more aggressive and angry.
(also rambling and disjointed, often boring, and then super aggressive in spurts of anger...)

On fundraising, both sites ask for money and volunteers aggressively...I found this bit posted by the Trump Campaign to be interesting:

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/news/9699f ... 639c0b7191

And yet, https://www.politico.com/news/2024/09/0 ... g-00177657
Still nothing about the long term gains. As far as everyone believes, she is still ~doubling long term cap games on everyone that sells their home or whatever else falls in that category. Which was the Biden/Harris original plan, Ive read excerpts she has now pivoted...but nothing on her website about any of it.....other than no tax change if you are under 400k, is it assumed that includes the long-term cap gains?

Seems disingenuous for Kamala to say project 2025 is Trumps on her website: https://www.npr.org/2024/09/05/nx-s1-50 ... ce-himself

KELLY: So Trump keeps distancing himself. Has it worked? Are people buying it?

ORDOÑEZ: Well, I mean, it is true that this is not Trump's plan, but it is a plan for Trump. I mean, one way I look at it is it's taking Trump's policy goals - the one he talks about on the stump all the time - and creates a legal roadmap to execute them.
I don't see it as disingenuous at all. Trump's people are deeply involved and they're all on the short lists for positions in the next Admin. It mirrors what he's been saying on the stump, though he flits around on some things.

No, not true on "everyone believes"...I think we'll see exemptions on certain kinds of gains and levels of taxpayers. Pretty obvious to me.

This is what her website says:

Under her plan, the tax rate on long-term capital gains for those earning a million dollars a year or more will be 28 percent, because when the government encourages investment, it leads to broad-based economic growth and creates jobs, which makes our economy stronger.
Thanks....I did not see that.

I have seen so many people posting on my Facebook of friends/groups and and a few are actually people connected to a high end democratic family here in Maryland that still believe it is the Biden/Harris Financial plan in play with the 100Million Dollar net worth & the doubling of current cap gains tax to +40%.
The $100 million net worth idea has to do with a 'wealth tax' not the capital gains tax increase. She's been consistent on the cap gains increase only applying to folks making over a million bucks a year...tiny percentage of Americans. Same is true for any wealth tax, very tiny percentage of Americans, but it's more complicated to try and figure out how to measure.

I don't think these folks are stupid, they understand that there's vast wealth accumulating with a very small percentage of Americans, largely untaxed. Time for an adjustment...the mechanics are challenging, but the principle isn't wrong.

Facebook tends to be a very poor source of info, just sayin'. ;)
that 100 Million was floated/tied to the Long Term Cap Gains tax as well in many discussion on news outlets, then spread like wildfire elsewhere ...I asked about this a few weeks ago in the Harris Thread and you chimed in not sure yourself, but agreed to it for the wealthy. My point, is that many 'still' believe, and I had no place to go, to assure myself or others that Long Term Cap gains was only applying to those with net worth >100million and now it seems to be 1 million but not still under 30%.

And as you eluded above, the rub based on that original >40% number Long term gains, was that businesses would just roll out, sit on investments so cashflow would be reduced across the board, and screw so many people that were planning to use the equity from their paid off homes and they just now lost another 20% off the top.....that was the boogey man in the room that I was trying to find actual ink on to validate it was not the case, except for the 10k people in the US that have more than 100 million.

PS - one of the people that posted the 100 Million only applied to the Cap Gains Tax....was a family member of famous MD Senate Democrat of 40+ years.
The whole topic is rather confusing...indeed, I think you just confused Net Worth with Annual Earnings.

The $100 million has to do with net worth and how to address this vast accumulation of wealth by the very few (~10k out of 340 million.) 788 billionaires give or take.

The $1 million currently being cited is about 0.2% of Americans. Meaning this would not impact 98.8% of Americans.

Tax policy gets pretty complicated and guys like Geneva will say we reward the wrong things (and he may be correct), but what we're talking about here is directional. Should we structure our tax system to make it easier for the super rich to pay modest or almost no % on their actual wealth accumulation or should we find ways to shift more of the burden to them of our vast system that protects and enables wealth accumulation in the first place to thrive?

If we truly believe that the middle class and working class are falling too far behind then surely this makes sense.

When we look at the Trump tax cuts we see advantages to the very most wealthy and this is what he's promising to extend and even expand.
a fan

Post by a fan »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2024 11:41 am

This is the BEST illustration of the Republican sales pitch, and it's full-on sad how well it works.

MAGA thinks Trump and Musk and Thiel are going to have them over for dinner, and that they are best buds with them.

It's just....so freaking sad that we're now at 40 years of R voters falling for it.
Typical Lax Dad

a fan wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2024 1:00 pm
NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2024 11:41 am

This is the BEST illustration of the Republican sales pitch, and it's full-on sad how well it works.

MAGA thinks Trump and Musk and Thiel are going to have them over for dinner, and that they are best buds with them.

It's just....so freaking sad that we're now at 40 years of R voters falling for it.
In my opinion, that is a good example of old salt’s position. Sitting on a pile of Illumina stock, has said he has more money than he knows what to do with, upset about not being able to make more via a monopoly and amplifies anti immigration sentiment….that is what it reminds me of, with all due respect.
“I wish you would!”
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Okay. Do, to be fair, an on-camera physical and psych exam should be conducted for each candidate prior to the debate portion.

What ya say, Donald, you fat, lying SoB?

““No boxes or artificial lifts will be allowed to stand on during my upcoming debate with Comrade Kamala Harris,” he wrote. He added that such accommodations — which he claims Michael Bloomberg once demanded — would be “a form of cheating.””

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/09/10/styl ... ebate.html
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Tonight should be Kamala Harris' golden opportunity to bedazzle the American people. I might try and stay up to watch some of it but not likely. I'm hoping that at some point in the debacle they discuss foreign policy. With all of the joy we are all experiencing in America the rest of the world has been left out. :D
" What can be, unburdened by what has been."

Confucius: 8-)

If trump stinks up the joint tonight will he just claim that he fell out of a coconut tree?
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2024 2:26 pm Tonight should be Kamala Harris' golden opportunity to bedazzle the American people. I might try and stay up to watch some of it but not likely. I'm hoping that at some point in the debacle they discuss foreign policy. With all of the joy we are all experiencing in America the rest of the world has been left out. :D

If trump stinks up the joint tonight will he just claim that he fell out of a coconut tree?
No, he'll claim victory. He's the best orator of all time. Just ask him.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2024 11:16 am

Like I have mentioned, my Sikh friend had to move his family from Nebraska to New Jersey because they were being intimidated and did not feel safe. They were mistaken for Muslims but Jesus guy doesn’t mind pushing this tripe out there. He is giving families something to discuss around the dinner table. I wonder what else has been discussed with family around that table?
Last stand of Shazeb Andleeb (Los Angeles HS kid)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjT3OH8qB5M
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

PizzaSnake wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2024 2:56 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2024 2:26 pm Tonight should be Kamala Harris' golden opportunity to bedazzle the American people. I might try and stay up to watch some of it but not likely. I'm hoping that at some point in the debacle they discuss foreign policy. With all of the joy we are all experiencing in America the rest of the world has been left out. :D

No, he'll claim victory. He's the best orator of all time. Just ask him.
I usually act like Danny, "oh, no thank you"...but wish I could be like Tyler

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v47uE_wrSYo
ggait

Post by ggait »

Last edited by ggait on Tue Sep 10, 2024 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
njbill

Post by njbill »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2024 2:26 pm I might try and stay up to watch some of it but not likely.
Don’t worry. We all will give you an unbiased accounting of how poorly Trump did. :lol:
Olderbarndog

Post by Olderbarndog »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2024 10:28 am
NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2024 10:22 am LET'S GET READY TO RUMBLE... IT'S ALMOST TIME... FOR...

Where has he been?
DINGBAT?
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Where has he been?
Do you remember there was a guy in a trunk in the basement of a pawn shop in Pulp Fiction? Gets pulled out when they’re getting lathers up and starting to work on Marcellus (the black one) and maybe they’d get to butch??
ggait

Post by ggait »

Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
Typical Lax Dad

Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2024 6:34 pm

Where has he been?
Do you remember there was a guy in a trunk in the basement of a pawn shop in Pulp Fiction? Gets pulled out when they’re getting lathers up and starting to work on Marcellus (the black one) and maybe they’d get to butch??
Rudy G. The G is for Gimp
“I wish you would!”
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

njbill wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2024 5:31 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2024 2:26 pm I might try and stay up to watch some of it but not likely.
Don’t worry. We all will give you an unbiased accounting of how poorly Trump did. :lol:
Thank you, I'm counting on you, don't let me down. :D
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:

Return to “POLITICS”