The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
PizzaSnake

Re: 2024

Post by PizzaSnake »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2024 1:28 pm
FannOLax wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2024 8:03 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2024 6:55 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2024 10:22 pm
a fan wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2024 10:02 pm
youthathletics wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2024 8:52 pm One can argue that the scales have shifted too far left with the rise of super liberal/progressiveness.......
Make your case. I disagree 100%. We are SO far to the right of every other 1st world nation, it's not even a close call.
Butler is quite the peace of work herself. Jesus must be happy when Christians have to quibble amongst themselves? :roll:

Too far left means you can’t slur people, drag queens read at public libraries and there is a push for equal employment, education and housing opportunities for all Americans……what is too far left for basic Christian principles?
You are free to slur people if your a WLP Democrat. Didn't you get the memo? Which Christian principles are you speaking of? Kamala has a spiritual advisor who complains about other Christians " stealing her Bible"
Is this the latest Maga echo-chamber talking point? Moving beyond the vapid "gotcha" minutia, the statement about "too far left" begs the question of what alternative the Maga folks seem to be offering. A time before abortions were legal? A time before the Constitution was written stipulating the separation of church and state? For better or worse, time marches on, while the "make America great again" phrase sure seems like an impossible promise to turn back the calendar to the 1950s when the US economy was at its relative world peak. Problem is, Maga trickle-down "voodoo economics" (as Poppy Bush called them) only serve to worsen the plight of the working and middle classes, so the Maga hope is that those harmed by R economic policies will focus more on this divisive culture war against "cat women" and other non-existent enemies and fellow US citizens treated as enemies for the sake of Maga political (and ginancial) gain.
I could debate the weaknesses and flaws in seek Emmanuel’s model which drive much of what is aca all day and night. When he has been legitimately questioned on this, like every egotistical economist who believes too much Friedman’s work in positive economics and media glare while conflating domain knowledge for intellect, he’s consistently shouted back at folks (it’s in record) “where’s your model?!”.

Ok not going to debate everyone that wants to throw out our model and replace it with whatever is convenient for them at the moment but I do object to random shots at economic policy when one can’t defend the existing alternative or propose anything superior.

It’s like wanting to fire a coach without being able to answer credibly and well “who’s the new guy going to be?”. And I’ll regurgitate what George Will would reply everytime egomaniac Robert Reich got on David Brinkley/Sam
Donaldson show claiming “that system failed!” To wit: “we never applied it the way it was supposed to with too many friction and transfers carved into it” and that’s what the kids call “Facts”. With receipts .

The rest I don’t really object to other than it’s been discussed a ton here for years now.
Which economic model could this NOT be said about?
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2024 4:54 pm
youthathletics wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2024 3:34 pm
a fan wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2024 3:00 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2024 2:55 pm
a fan wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2024 2:48 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2024 1:20 pm
youthathletics wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2024 8:52 pm One can argue that the scales have shifted too far left with the rise of super liberal/progressiveness.......
Make your case. I disagree 100%. We are SO far to the right of every other 1st world nation, it's not even a close call.
I the grand scheme of human history how do you know we’re equilibrium is for “1st world countries”?
Simple.

Every 1st world country has:

-single payer health care
-free/close to free University/Vocational training
-strong unions
-strong mass transit
-more business regulation
And yet they all bow down to us and when the s*+t hits the fan they run and get US dollars for their pending apocalypse….are we “Suprafirst world” like having transcended those definitions or how we we run game on all those countries till today unless either:

Equilibrium = decay and decline from current position / standing rather than optimal value

Tying these other first world countries systems to optimal value is incorrect. Outcomes includes country relative position. Let’s go compare every country to the US holistically and we provide max optimal value to citizens or otherwise it wouldn’t be the reserve currency still.

Or…this idea of first world is a joke and we are like Zeus playing with humans (or Hera turning them into bees-I just watched a fun miniseries in netflix called KAOs hence the metaphor)
No argument. Simply pointing out that we're to the right of all of them, is all.
Fine and dandy....so at what cost do we risk losing that edge, so much so we want to be like everyone else.... except when China or Russia or Iran stroll in like Kid Rock on the beach to yet another country like Ukraine. I suppose unintended consequences are just that....we'll deal with them when the arise.
So, in which aspects are we "too far left" that "we risk losing that edge"?
Spending for all the free stuff that afan says is free everywhere else, except here.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2024 5:10 pm
youthathletics wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2024 3:34 pm
a fan wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2024 3:00 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2024 2:55 pm
a fan wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2024 2:48 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2024 1:20 pm
I the grand scheme of human history how do you know we’re equilibrium is for “1st world countries”?
Simple.

Every 1st world country has:

-single payer health care
-free/close to free University/Vocational training
-strong unions
-strong mass transit
-more business regulation
And yet they all bow down to us and when the s*+t hits the fan they run and get US dollars for their pending apocalypse….are we “Suprafirst world” like having transcended those definitions or how we we run game on all those countries till today unless either:

Equilibrium = decay and decline from current position / standing rather than optimal value

Tying these other first world countries systems to optimal value is incorrect. Outcomes includes country relative position. Let’s go compare every country to the US holistically and we provide max optimal value to citizens or otherwise it wouldn’t be the reserve currency still.

Or…this idea of first world is a joke and we are like Zeus playing with humans (or Hera turning them into bees-I just watched a fun miniseries in netflix called KAOs hence the metaphor)
No argument. Simply pointing out that we're to the right of all of them, is all.
Fine and dandy....so at what cost do we risk losing that edge, so much so we want to be like everyone else.... except when China or Russia or Iran stroll in like Kid Rock on the beach to yet another country like Ukraine. I suppose unintended consequences are just that....we'll deal with them when the arise.
I'm not sure 350k-730k Russian casualties are a stroll on the beach.
THat is my point.....had it not been our ability to spend into oblivion, far above every other country to support Ukraine, it may have been a different outcome, rather quickly.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

“We’ve seen this movie before. In 2016, ahead of Mr. Trump’s first term, the Heritage Foundation released the seventh edition of its “Mandate for Leadership.” One year into his presidency, Mr. Trump had embraced 64 percent of its policy recommendations, ranging from leaving the Paris climate accord to raising military spending to increasing drilling offshore and on federal lands.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/09/09/opin ... hange.html

So, tell me again how Project 2025 is NOT what Drumpf would atrempt?
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

PizzaSnake wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2024 6:17 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2024 1:28 pm
FannOLax wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2024 8:03 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2024 6:55 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2024 10:22 pm
Butler is quite the peace of work herself. Jesus must be happy when Christians have to quibble amongst themselves? :roll:

Too far left means you can’t slur people, drag queens read at public libraries and there is a push for equal employment, education and housing opportunities for all Americans……what is too far left for basic Christian principles?
You are free to slur people if your a WLP Democrat. Didn't you get the memo? Which Christian principles are you speaking of? Kamala has a spiritual advisor who complains about other Christians " stealing her Bible"
Is this the latest Maga echo-chamber talking point? Moving beyond the vapid "gotcha" minutia, the statement about "too far left" begs the question of what alternative the Maga folks seem to be offering. A time before abortions were legal? A time before the Constitution was written stipulating the separation of church and state? For better or worse, time marches on, while the "make America great again" phrase sure seems like an impossible promise to turn back the calendar to the 1950s when the US economy was at its relative world peak. Problem is, Maga trickle-down "voodoo economics" (as Poppy Bush called them) only serve to worsen the plight of the working and middle classes, so the Maga hope is that those harmed by R economic policies will focus more on this divisive culture war against "cat women" and other non-existent enemies and fellow US citizens treated as enemies for the sake of Maga political (and ginancial) gain.
I could debate the weaknesses and flaws in seek Emmanuel’s model which drive much of what is aca all day and night. When he has been legitimately questioned on this, like every egotistical economist who believes too much Friedman’s work in positive economics and media glare while conflating domain knowledge for intellect, he’s consistently shouted back at folks (it’s in record) “where’s your model?!”.

Ok not going to debate everyone that wants to throw out our model and replace it with whatever is convenient for them at the moment but I do object to random shots at economic policy when one can’t defend the existing alternative or propose anything superior.

It’s like wanting to fire a coach without being able to answer credibly and well “who’s the new guy going to be?”. And I’ll regurgitate what George Will would reply everytime egomaniac Robert Reich got on David Brinkley/Sam
Donaldson show claiming “that system failed!” To wit: “we never applied it the way it was supposed to with too many friction and transfers carved into it” and that’s what the kids call “Facts”. With receipts .

The rest I don’t really object to other than it’s been discussed a ton here for years now.
Which economic model could this NOT be said about?
Don’t know the entire human history to say but presumably The vast majority it’s true for. What I’d argue further is that align the spectrum we bastardized out system from the base with less fidelity by far than most in history the last few hundred years of half Millenium let’s say. Generally as we’ve layered in more compelexity this is true so probably better to compare to ones in the last 250yrs

But point is don’t start your argument as a supposed intellectual by trashing the other system/model by ignoring how far from the essence of it we’ve deviated. That’s brutally dishonest and low rent from a respected economist to be running around bombing media channels with. You’ve lost most thoughtful people before you make your positive case and end up being a chill for the dumb and extreme advocates
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

I hope he wins…will take the country down to the studs. We will
have the option of living in Portugal and France for part of the year to watch Rome burn from afar.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2024 9:21 pm

have the option of living in Portugal and France for part of the year to watch Rome burn from afar.
Summer in Scandinavia winter in Johannesburg.
Typical Lax Dad

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2024 9:39 pm

We already have a network, so it’s going to be those two spots in all likelihood. Not permanently but part of the year and if we want to bounce for good, we will have the capacity.
“I wish you would!”
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2024 9:45 pm

We already have a network, so it’s going to be those two spots in all likelihood. Not permanently but part of the year and if we want to bounce for good, we will have the capacity.
Financial “rapture?”

Those “left behind” might be less than inclined to ever welcome you back.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Typical Lax Dad

PizzaSnake wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2024 11:32 pm

Financial “rapture?”

In all likelihood it will be for just a part of the year. We will permanently locate near one set of children to make it easy on them as we age out.
“I wish you would!”
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2024 7:29 am
PizzaSnake wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2024 11:32 pm

Financial “rapture?”

In all likelihood it will be for just a part of the year. We will permanently locate near one set of children to make it easy on them as we age out.
A Drumpf win would spell serious trouble for Europe. Think Putin will stop with Ukraine? Portugal better than France, but still on the continent.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Ohio police confirm there's no truth to the racist, anti-immigrant claims JD Vance and Ted Cruz have amplified.

"We wish to clarify that there have been no credible reports or specific claims of pets being harmed, injured or abused by individuals within the immigrant community."

All fear, all lies, all the time. Today’s GOP.
Typical Lax Dad

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2024 9:11 am Ohio police confirm there's no truth to the racist, anti-immigrant claims JD Vance and Ted Cruz have amplified.

"We wish to clarify that there have been no credible reports or specific claims of pets being harmed, injured or abused by individuals within the immigrant community."

I wonder who disseminated the tripe on this site?….just providing information to be shared around the dinner table.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2024 9:11 am Ohio police confirm there's no truth to the racist, anti-immigrant claims JD Vance and Ted Cruz have amplified.

Let' not forget the child trafficking at the pizza joint in DC a few years back where somebody actually arrived to make a "citizen's arrest"
a fan

Post by a fan »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2024 9:25 am

I wonder who disseminated the tripe on this site?….just providing information to be shared around the dinner table.
Same sh&t happening in Aurora....lies from "some guy on the internet" about immigrants doing whatever they can invent.

Everything.....everything....is a conspiracy with these idiots.

Keep saying it: Trumpism is here to stay, folks. The R party is gone. Bye-bye.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Dawg you’re going to get fat just eating bread and olive oil if you hanging around Rome
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

LET'S GET READY TO RUMBLE... IT'S ALMOST TIME... FOR...

Return to “POLITICS”