Hunter Biden Corruption - Important and Meaningful issue

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Typical Lax Dad

Re: Hunter Biden Corruption - Important and Meaningful issue

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

njbill wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:27 pm
old salt wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 4:06 am Beautiful Things
A few more facts may be in order. Such as whether this woman was still employed. If not, it is universal SOP for someone to lose health coverage once they are no longer employed. Indeed, it is illegal or at least a breach of contract to keep someone on the company health plan if they are no longer employed.

Sounds like this is what happened here absent evidence to the contrary.
I worked with a guy in NYC that did worse. I still can’t believe Hunter was elected.
“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:58 pm
A few more facts may be in order. Such as whether this woman was still employed. If not, it is universal SOP for someone to lose health coverage once they are no longer employed. Indeed, it is illegal or at least a breach of contract to keep someone on the company health plan if they are no longer employed.

I worked with a guy in NYC that did worse. I still can’t believe Hunter was elected.
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 6:41 am

You still look good….all the surface rub off your tongue yet? How’s Flynn’s salad?
“I wish you would!”
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Toad Venom, sweeping the nation!

Mike Tyson says he nearly died the first time he smoked TOAD VENOM - a psychedelic drug that is illegal in the US and also has been touted by Hunter Biden and Christina Haack

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... Haack.html
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:51 am
old salt wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 6:41 am

You still look good….all the surface rub off your tongue yet? How’s Flynn’s salad?
Ever try honey or salsa on salad?
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/11/20/worl ... obalt.html
How Hunter Biden’s Firm Helped Secure Cobalt for the Chinese
The president’s son was part owner of a venture involved in the $3.8 billion purchase by a Chinese conglomerate of one of the world’s largest cobalt deposits. The metal is a key ingredient in batteries for electric vehicles.

When the mine was sold, Mr. Biden’s father was near the end of his term as vice president. In the run-up to the 2020 presidential election, Hunter Biden’s business ties in China were widely publicized.

But BHR’s role in the Chinese mine purchase was not a major focus. It has taken on new relevance because the Biden administration warned this year that China might use its growing dominance of cobalt to disrupt America’s retooling of its auto industry to make electric vehicles. The metal is among several key ingredients in electric car batteries.

When asked if the president had been made aware of his son’s connection to the sale, a White House spokesman said, “No.”
Typical Lax Dad

kramerica.inc wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:29 pm https://www.nytimes.com/2021/11/20/worl ... obalt.html
The president’s son was part owner of a venture involved in the $3.8 billion purchase by a Chinese conglomerate of one of the world’s largest cobalt deposits. The metal is a key ingredient in batteries for electric vehicles.

When the mine was sold, Mr. Biden’s father was near the end of his term as vice president. In the run-up to the 2020 presidential election, Hunter Biden’s business ties in China were widely publicized.

But BHR’s role in the Chinese mine purchase was not a major focus. It has taken on new relevance because the Biden administration warned this year that China might use its growing dominance of cobalt to disrupt America’s retooling of its auto industry to make electric vehicles. The metal is among several key ingredients in electric car batteries.

When asked if the president had been made aware of his son’s connection to the sale, a White House spokesman said, “No.”
It’s the NYT. Can’t trust it.
“I wish you would!”
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

kramerica.inc wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:29 pm https://www.nytimes.com/2021/11/20/worl ... obalt.html

Interestingly, in July the White House pointed out that Cobalt is critical to the future of automotive manufacturing:

https://www.whitehouse.gov/wp-content/u ... ers#page=7
Our economic security—steady employment and smooth operations of critical industries—also requires secure and resilient supply chains. For more than a decade, the Department of Defense has consistently found that essential civilian industries would bear the preponderance of harm from a disruption of strategic and critical materials supply. The Department of Energy notes that, today, China refines 60 percent of the world’s lithium and 80 percent of the world’s cobalt, two core inputs to high-capacity batteries—which presents a critical vulnerability to the future of the U.S. domestic auto industry.
Really, it's just so good for Hunter. I'm very proud of him. Overcoming all of his personal hurdles, the drugs and tax violations and money laundering charges, and getting a good job with such a sharp, Chinese company that knew his value and expertise in Cobalt mines in the Democratic Republic of Congo.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

... the US is not in any danger of not having long term access to cobalt. Lots of it available, just has to be mined. We have shuttered copper mines in this country that could supply what we need. Other international corporations are upping their operations. Like anything else this is a business decision, made on a worldwide, international business scale. The Chinese need customers if they are to produce cobalt at their maximum capacity, which would minimize their production costs. Which is their only realistic goal. Thinking they can corner the world market and shut everyone else out is a cosmically dumb idea.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

jhu72 wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:38 pm ... the US is not in any danger of not having long term access to cobalt. Lots of it available, just has to be mined. We have shuttered copper mines in this country that could supply what we need. Other international corporations are upping their operations. Like anything else this is a business decision, made on a worldwide, international business scale. The Chinese need customers if they are to produce cobalt at their maximum capacity, which would minimize their production costs. Which is their only realistic goal. Thinking they can corner the world market and shut everyone else out is a cosmically dumb idea.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=j4SRsGn14PI
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

jhu72 wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:38 pm ... the US is not in any danger of not having long term access to cobalt. Lots of it available, just has to be mined. We have shuttered copper mines in this country that could supply what we need. Other international corporations are upping their operations. Like anything else this is a business decision, made on a worldwide, international business scale. The Chinese need customers if they are to produce cobalt at their maximum capacity, which would minimize their production costs. Which is their only realistic goal. Thinking they can corner the world market and shut everyone else out is a cosmically dumb idea.
...until the do. 😱
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

... of all the things to worry about, the problems we have, this is not one to lose sleep over.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
tech37

Post by tech37 »

jhu72 wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:34 am ... of all the things to worry about, the problems we have, this is not one to lose sleep over.
:roll: And what are you doing to help?... continuing to divide with your posts and rhetoric.
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

That's just dumb. Calming the ginned-up hysteria about Chinese cobalt, especially in this disingenuous "Hunter Biden" thread is the hugely unhelpful activity here. How is saying this "issue" is not that high up "divisive" or "unhelpful"?? Large lack of self-awareness there...i'd say pushing back on the unwarranted outrage of the issue NEEDS to be resisted...so, thanks jhu.

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes

Return to “POLITICS”