Games Televised and Webcasted 2019

D1 Womens Lacrosse
Dr. Tact

Re: Notable Games - Wednesday, March 20th

Post by Dr. Tact »

wlaxnut wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:02 am Elon at #21 Virginia Tech - 4pm - ACC Network on WatchESPN

Vanderbilt at #12 Notre Dame - 5pm - ACC Network on WatchESPN

Towson at #24 High Point - 6pm - ESPN+

#22 Georgetown at #16 Loyola - 7pm - Patriot League Network on Stadium

#7 Virginia at #6 JMU - 7:30 - Madizone (This is the premier matchup, obviously)
I think these are easy picks for the most part, last one isnt easy:

VT
ND
HP
VA
wlaxnut

Re: Games Televised and Webcasted 2019

Post by wlaxnut »

crusader wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:09 am UVA /JMU game should tell us a lot about both teams
Interesting. I was thinking just the opposite about this one. UVA is such a Jekyll and Hyde team—I never know which one will show up. So whether they win or lose it will only further add to their unpredictable tendencies.

As far as JMU, I think their real test comes Sunday when they host The Mighty Terps of Maryland. I don’t think the Dukes will seriously challenge this year and Sunday should be another illuminating moment for them along those lines. Good test for the Terps, though.
Badlands

Post by Badlands »

crusader wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:09 am
I have been following UNC -it was nice to see Levy empty the bench in second half against Campbell. 13-2 half with running clock -could have been 30-2 with stat builder goals. Nice to see teams play all the players.
This doesn't happen enough in wlax. Really bugs me how hesitant some coaches are to go to their bench even in blowouts, and if they do how late they do it. If a team is dominating another, doesn't it stand to reason that the reserves should be able to hold their own against the other team's starters? And even if the reserves may give up a goal, is there any risk that the reserves are going to blow a 10 goal lead with 5 minutes left? There are probably a dozen reasons why it's a good thing to play your reserves as much as possible.
Dr. Tact

Re: Notable Games - Wednesday, March 20th

Post by Dr. Tact »

Dr. Tact wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:26 am
I think these are easy picks for the most part, last one isnt easy:

VT
ND
HP
VA
check
check
check
check

and bonus that I wouldn't prognosticate, Loyola over Gtown :|
wlaxnut

Two Nationally Televised Big Ten Matchups

Post by wlaxnut »

The two games in bold are nationally televised, which is always a treat. I’m guessing Sheehan may be doing the color on one of the broadcasts.

Really looking forward to the Michigan at Ohio State game. I’m sure the Buckeyes will put up a fight but the Wolverines should take it.

The Maryland/Penn State game may be competitive for a while but The Mighty Terps should win comfortably.

======================================
F2454CC1-4D19-467A-B407-EAE2120E3663.jpeg
F2454CC1-4D19-467A-B407-EAE2120E3663.jpeg (129.56 KiB) Viewed 3544 times
shootingspace

Post by shootingspace »

Watched the JMu -UVA game. JMU just not the same fire power on offense as last year and teams have figured out the zone defense. They tried to go man to man but they don't have the speed on defense to stop the top teams. They were OK in the draw circle but need to use the center mid as a FOGO essentialy
wlaxnut

Post by wlaxnut »

shootingspace wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:31 am Watched the JMu -UVA game. JMU just not the same fire power on offense as last year and teams have figured out the zone defense. They tried to go man to man but they don't have the speed on defense to stop the top teams. They were OK in the draw circle but need to use the center mid as a FOGO essentialy
Agreed. Virginia seemed to have a fairly easy time of it. Whenever the Dukes gained some momentum, the Cavs just answered and scored. Not a bad game.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Saturday 12:00 PM #1 Boston College vs. #3 North Carolina (W Lacrosse) accextra

'Nuff said.
wlaxnut

Post by wlaxnut »

seacoaster wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:57 pm Saturday 12:00 PM #1 Boston College vs. #3 North Carolina (W Lacrosse) accextra

'Nuff said.
Yep! That there’s the humdinger of the whole weekend!
DMac

Post by DMac »

The frosh lioness GK is protecting her den with paw like quickness, pretty tough to enter it.
Md 7-4 at the half....could easily be a much greater disparity in the scoring but for the feline like GK for the Cat's.
Hartshorn's btb goal, nothing but pretty. A borderline dangerous shot?
Second half could get ugly, TOs are taking PS out of the game. 7 or8 in the 1st half, Md is just way too good to keep giving the ball to.
There will be no purring in the PSU den tonight. Rough outing in the wild world of wlax for them today.
17-6, couple of minutes left.
wlaxnut

Post by wlaxnut »

DMac wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:06 pm The frosh lioness GK is protecting her den with paw like quickness, pretty tough to enter it.
Md 7-4 at the half....could easily be a much greater disparity in the scoring but for the feline like GK for the Cat's.
Hartshorn's btb goal, nothing but pretty. A borderline dangerous shot?
Second half could get ugly, TOs are taking PS out of the game. 7 or8 in the 1st half, Md is just way too good to keep giving the ball to.
There will be no purring in the PSU den tonight. Rough outing in the wild world of wlax for them today.
17-6, couple of minutes left.
Yeah—those Penn State turnovers really hurt them in the 1st half. Killed their momentum when they were up 3-1. Can’t do that against the better teams and expect to even come close to winning.
DMac

Post by DMac »

The Michigan-OSU game was a pretty good game despite the pouring rain for the entire sixty minutes. Two pretty evenly matched teams but I think the better team (on this day anyway) won. OSU jumped out to an early 2-3 goal lead but Michigan made that up fairly quickly and although scoring wise it was a pretty tight game, I never felt as if OSU was going to be able to catch Michigan and beat them.
Pendino for Michigan was 100% on FPSs...pretty sure she had at least four. She handles the FPS exactly the way I think it should be handled....and that's coming from someone who knows virtually nothing about it, has never been in a FPS position, or has any daughters who ever were. I just don't get why the success rate on FPSs isn't at least 80%, and I'm being light with that 80%. She might have extraordinary ability to bolt off the line quicker than most but she sure does manage to get close to the GK (like right on the doorstep) and just put the ball by her (there's a lot of room in that cage to do that). I get that there are different angles on the FPS and some offer more cage than others, but all in all I still feel as if the success rate on that play should be sky high.
I don't know enough about the rules and what is and isn't allowed in that fan, but man, it's hard to figure out what is and isn't a shooting space call. It looks as if on two identical (pretty much) plays one time shooting space is called and the next time it's not. Makes me a little nuts but it's all good, I guess.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Watched the Penn State-Maryland game last night on the ESPN3 replay, and thought the game was never in doubt. I did think Maryland looked "not so sharp" and assume weather had at least something to do with it. The rain was pretty unrelenting. But the Terps' shooting was poor (and here, I am really thinking of Giles, who I just like as a player, but she had a tough first half in particular) -- for them -- and they just seemed sloppier than I can really recall seeing.

So: Rutgers, Michigan, JHU, Penn State, Maryland, Northwestern, The OSU. Am I missing anyone? If they don't win the B1G regular season and tournament, I'll eat quinoa and kale for breakfast for a year.
wlaxnut

Game of the Week--Boston College at North Carolina

Post by wlaxnut »

We all know this is the premier matchup today. The #1 BC Eagles travel to North Carolina to play the #3 Tarheels in a major ACC clash. The weather is supposed to be sunny in the 50's at Chapel Hill. This one starts at noon on the ACC Network on WatchESPN.

Other notable games today:

11:30am #16 Florida at #17 Stony Brook AmericaEast.tv

Noon #9 Princeton vs Brown ESPN+

1pm #13 Duke at #8 Virginia ACC Network on WatchESPN

1pm #21 Virginia Tech vs Louisville ACC Network on WatchESPN

1pm #6 Penn vs Cornell ESPN+

1pm #18 Johns Hopkins vs Rutgers HopTV
wlaxnut

Post by wlaxnut »

seacoaster wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:37 am Watched the Penn State-Maryland game last night on the ESPN3 replay, and thought the game was never in doubt. I did think Maryland looked "not so sharp" and assume weather had at least something to do with it. The rain was pretty unrelenting. But the Terps' shooting was poor (and here, I am really thinking of Giles, who I just like as a player, but she had a tough first half in particular) -- for them -- and they just seemed sloppier than I can really recall seeing.

So: Rutgers, Michigan, JHU, Penn State, Maryland, Northwestern, The OSU. Am I missing anyone? If they don't win the B1G regular season and tournament, I'll eat quinoa and kale for breakfast for a year.
It's true--I can't see anyone seriously challenging the Mighty Terps this year. It would be a treat if Michigan (or someone else, for that matter) took one of the crowns. Maybe the Wolverines will get to a point this season where they don't realize they're not supposed to beat Maryland. I know that's more pipe dream than reality--but I can dream, can't I?
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

And...we have an announcer who will not permit more than three seconds of empty air.

8-5 BC at the half. Good game.

14-8 BC Final. Pretty impressive road win for the Eagles. There really isn't anyone better than BC's No. 2.
wlaxnut

Post by wlaxnut »

seacoaster wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:07 pm And...we have an announcer who will not permit more than three seconds of empty air.

14-8 BC Final. Pretty impressive road win for the Eagles. There really isn't anyone better than BC's No. 2.
I didn't see a 6 goal difference coming. BC was in control pretty much the whole game. Once they got the lead, they seemed to take care of it well. Very patient on offense. Abbey Ngai again making some significant saves. What a revelation she's been. Lauren who?

Agreed on Apuzzo. Not only a great goal scorer and draw control winner, but my! What a fierce rider she is. When your team's best player rides like that, it establishes a high standard for the rest of the team.
wlaxnut

Games of Note Sunday March 24th

Post by wlaxnut »

Really only two for me today:

#12 Notre Dame at #4 Syracuse at noon on ACC Network on WatchESPN

#2 Maryland at #7 JMU at 12:30 on Madizone online
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

wlaxnut wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:29 am
seacoaster wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:07 pm And...we have an announcer who will not permit more than three seconds of empty air.

I didn't see a 6 goal difference coming. BC was in control pretty much the whole game. Once they got the lead, they seemed to take care of it well. Very patient on offense. Abbey Ngai again making some significant saves. What a revelation she's been. Lauren who?

Agreed on Apuzzo. Not only a great goal scorer and draw control winner, but my! What a fierce rider she is. When your team's best player rides like that, it establishes a high standard for the rest of the team.
Yes, I do think Daly is a good goalie, but that Ngai is a bit better at stopping the ball. Pretty nice for BC to have a backup who has played in a few national semifinals and two national championships.

I was surprised by the goal difference in the end too. But I thought for a while that the game might have gone either way, say when UNC closed to 11-8 and had a couple of chances to narrow the gap further. But BC is really very experienced all over the field, and their defense is very good. No. 3 Miller played most of this game with a yellow -- and she played super smart, super controlled. No. 33, No. 28 and No. 8 played really good games for BC, and Arsenault, No. 18, may be the best defender that BC has. That's five very able defenders -- and it showed, holding UNC to 3 goals (3 goals? RUFKM?) in the second half, and a goal less than BC gave up to Albany a few days ago. No. 11 for BC had two really crucial goals to close out the first half. We talk, understandably, about Sam. But the supporting cast is very good, and they are somewhere between very well and exceptionally well coached.

Barring an upset or a stupid draw from the NCAA, we should see these two teams play again for either the right to play for all the marbles, or the marbles themselves.
Turtles Lax

Princeton v. Turtles on FS1.

Post by Turtles Lax »

First women’s lacrosse game ever on FS1...or so TL is advised. Think just about everybody gets FS1.

Wednesday, March 27, at 1900. Sadly, TL will not be in attendance but will be in a Las Vegas beerroom watching intently. Hmmmmmm, wonder if TL can make a legal wager on lax? :lol: Let us hope.

Peace, out.

TL

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”