D1 Womens Lacrosse
Laxfan500

Re: Coaching Carousel

Post by Laxfan500 »

Kara Mupo from Stanford to Ohio State.
LarryGamLax

Post by LarryGamLax »

Rental_Unit wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:30 pm Melissa Lehman to Rutgers: https://t.co/r1F66Kr1mb
Outstanding Hire!!
nomofogo

Post by nomofogo »

Ohio State names their first assistant coach coming in from Stanford: https://ohiostatebuckeyes.com/kara-mupo ... ant-coach/
Delco Transplant

Post by Delco Transplant »

Great hire by Rutgers but took them FAR too long
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Kathy Taylor of Le Moyne (Syracuse) taking over at Colgate.

https://www.uslaxmagazine.com/college/w ... at-colgate
If we need that extra push over the cliff, ya know what we do...eleven, exactly.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Nigel wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:21 pm Kathy Taylor of Le Moyne (Syracuse) taking over at Colgate.

https://www.uslaxmagazine.com/college/w ... at-colgate
Very good hire for Colgate.
HVGuy

Post by HVGuy »

cowboylax

Post by cowboylax »

I can’t believe with her track record that a school would hire her. I see this ending quickly!
Laxfan500

Post by Laxfan500 »

cowboylax wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:37 am I can’t believe with her track record that a school would hire her. I see this ending quickly!
Same!!
Badlands

Post by Badlands »

Well, GW is also the place where I attended a women’s lax game two years ago and at halftime they blasted a popular song with the most vulgar, profane, misogynistic lyrics imaginable. Oh, and there were a bunch of young kids there. So I’m not sure they think through much of anything, although I have no opinion on this hire.
Delco Transplant

Poor hiring by GW. There are obviously many more highly qualified candidates (who also don’t have Ulehla’s baggage). Perhaps the more highly qualified candidates were not interested in GW
cltlax

Post by cltlax »

William and Mary looking for a new head coach:

https://tribeathletics.com/news/2019/6/ ... coach.aspx
Delco Transplant

Maybe W&M can bring back Feffie Barnhill. Talk about a once top tier program that has fallen off the map
Badlands

Post by Badlands »

Fallen far
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Is part of the issue for W&M the conference alignments? The CAA seems like the A-10 used to be for UMass; JMU is the clear best team. It and Hofstra are the only teams that finished the year with records (in conference/OOC) over .500. None of the other teams appear to be getting the talent to compete nationally. And the situation doesn't seem to portend well for the CAA, as the Pac12 and B1G and ACC grow. Tough. W&M is a great school with a very beautiful campus.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Wow. That's a lot of changes...
casuallaxfan

Post by casuallaxfan »

seacoaster wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:24 am Is part of the issue for W&M the conference alignments? The CAA seems like the A-10 used to be for UMass; JMU is the clear best team. It and Hofstra are the only teams that finished the year with records (in conference/OOC) over .500. None of the other teams appear to be getting the talent to compete nationally. And the situation doesn't seem to portend well for the CAA, as the Pac12 and B1G and ACC grow. Tough. W&M is a great school with a very beautiful campus.
I disagree. Towson was a top 10/15 team for the 3 seasons before this one and were in 1 goal games with JMU, either winning or losing for all those years, including the NC year. They took a small step down this seasons. Their defense was as good as it has been, which is very good, but their offense lost some very talented players. I don't see them down for long.

Delaware is a sleeping giant. Will they be Maryland... of course not. But they are in the perfect location and have the resources to be a JMU, Towson, stony brook, type. They have a new coach so time will tell.

Unlike the A-10 the CAA is a fairly competitive conference with teams in hot beds and athletic departments that don't just pay lip service to women's lacrosse. The AAC (American) has Florida but then a sharp drop, the A-10 has UMass then a drop, the Big East has Georgetown then a drop, the Patriot has Loyola & navy then a drop, the America East has Stony brook then a cliff. Jacksonville & High Point dominate their conferences but don't move past the first weekend of the NCAAs.

I would say the CAA is better (or at least as strong as the Big East) than all those conferences. The ACC & Big 10 are the top of the pyramid. Then the Pac-12, Ivy, CAA, and Big East, are the next tier. Maybe the patriot in that tier. Then every other conference.

Now W&M can be saved, but the athletic department isn't highly thought of in any sport. The school giving athletics the proper support will get W&M back to where it can be.
LaxPundit07

Post by LaxPundit07 »

Delco Transplant wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:46 pm Maybe W&M can bring back Feffie Barnhill. Talk about a once top tier program that has fallen off the map
"Over her career, the Tribe was 29-67 overall and 4-30 in CAA play under Fratzke."
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

casuallaxfan wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:48 am
seacoaster wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:24 am Is part of the issue for W&M the conference alignments? The CAA seems like the A-10 used to be for UMass; JMU is the clear best team. It and Hofstra are the only teams that finished the year with records (in conference/OOC) over .500. None of the other teams appear to be getting the talent to compete nationally. And the situation doesn't seem to portend well for the CAA, as the Pac12 and B1G and ACC grow. Tough. W&M is a great school with a very beautiful campus.
I disagree. Towson was a top 10/15 team for the 3 seasons before this one and were in 1 goal games with JMU, either winning or losing for all those years, including the NC year. They took a small step down this seasons. Their defense was as good as it has been, which is very good, but their offense lost some very talented players. I don't see them down for long.

Delaware is a sleeping giant. Will they be Maryland... of course not. But they are in the perfect location and have the resources to be a JMU, Towson, stony brook, type. They have a new coach so time will tell.

Unlike the A-10 the CAA is a fairly competitive conference with teams in hot beds and athletic departments that don't just pay lip service to women's lacrosse. The AAC (American) has Florida but then a sharp drop, the A-10 has UMass then a drop, the Big East has Georgetown then a drop, the Patriot has Loyola & navy then a drop, the America East has Stony brook then a cliff. Jacksonville & High Point dominate their conferences but don't move past the first weekend of the NCAAs.

I would say the CAA is better (or at least as strong as the Big East) than all those conferences. The ACC & Big 10 are the top of the pyramid. Then the Pac-12, Ivy, CAA, and Big East, are the next tier. Maybe the patriot in that tier. Then every other conference.

Now W&M can be saved, but the athletic department isn't highly thought of in any sport. The school giving athletics the proper support will get W&M back to where it can be.
Thanks for this very informed response; really appreciate these thoughts. I didn't know a lot of what you say here, but I did know -- now that I think before I type!! -- that Towson has had some very good teams and very good years. And you are right about Delaware too. Thanks again.
cltlax

Post by cltlax »

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”