Re: Brown 2025

Post by LaxAllStars »

Jon Torpey new Brown coach

On QK Podcast July 2024

https://podcasters.spotify.com/pod/show ... se-e2mehq3
Counselor

Post by Counselor »

Coach Torpey rounds out his coaching staff with Jack Cook who faced-off for HP and graduated in ‘21 ….out of Holmdel, NJ….was Director of Operations but will move to the field at Brown….
Counselor

Post by Counselor »

Angus Miller out of the Groton School (Mass) and Laxachusetts numbers #12 in Brown’s 2025 class….a D/LSM at 6’ 1” who impressed at the NLF championships at Stony Brook a few weekends ago….very aggressive and great stamina….should find playing time early based on his success at this stage in harassing name recruits……athletic…….Brown’s ‘25 class just about done …might have room for one or two more 4 *’s…..
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

Brown with an impressive flip in the form of four-star senior Preston Evans.

@LXCMinutemen attackman helped lead Belmont Hill (Mass.) to an ISL championship last spring with a 29-35-64 stat line. Cerebral lefty excels as a QB type and rides very hard.

Flipped from UVA

https://x.com/natlaxfed/status/18205893 ... EO2hFStaxg
blue angels

Post by blue angels »

AreaLax wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2024 6:38 pm Brown with an impressive flip in the form of four-star senior Preston Evans.

@LXCMinutemen attackman helped lead Belmont Hill (Mass.) to an ISL championship last spring with a 29-35-64 stat line. Cerebral lefty excels as a QB type and rides very hard.

Flipped from UVA

Will all the absurd Brown fans, who attacked Lars over the Houssmann flip, now apologize to him since their staff did the same. Hope Evans has a great career and good luck to him.......
The Orfling

Post by The Orfling »

blue angels wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2024 7:52 pm
AreaLax wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2024 6:38 pm Brown with an impressive flip in the form of four-star senior Preston Evans.

Flipped from UVA

Will all the absurd Brown fans, who attacked Lars over the Houssmann flip, now apologize to him since their staff did the same. Hope Evans has a great career and good luck to him.......
Unless Torpey releases a statement saying that in deference to Tiffany he didn't even speak to Evans, but left it to an assistant, I'm guessing there won't be the same eye rolling. But if Torpey started flipping guys from his immediately prior coaching home, he would catch some heat from some (not all -- plenty of folks have internalized player movement).

With that said, I think I'm in the majority view in thinking that Hausman had every right to go to UVA and, even with Tiffany's Brown ties, UVA was correct to offer him given his interest. It was the posturing that was hypocritical and annoying.
Counselor

Post by Counselor »

Evans flip is encouraging …..Torpey & Co. have established a solid connection with the Laxachusetts outfit…..LT not losing any sleep in losing a 4* to Brown …..after poaching 5* Houseman from Brown last year….Evans learned where LT matriculated and figured why not follow the same path…lefty attackman will make a difference in the Ivy…..impressive recruiting early-on for Brown’s new head coach….
Laxxal22

Post by Laxxal22 »

David Evans, Preston's dad, was a beast back in the day for Brown. He must be happy about the flip.

Evans tweaked his knee early last spring. He played through it but the word I got was that it affected him all season. With full health this year he'll look like a steal.

I like the late addition adds from Laxachusetts. They have two strong classes coming up in 26 & 27 so it's a good time for that relationship to be blossoming.
Can Opener

Post by Can Opener »

Laxxal22 wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2024 10:39 am David Evans, Preston's dad, was a beast back in the day for Brown. He must be happy about the flip.

Evans tweaked his knee early last spring. He played through it but the word I got was that it affected him all season. With full health this year he'll look like a steal.

I like the late addition adds from Laxachusetts. They have two strong classes coming up in 26 & 27 so it's a good time for that relationship to be blossoming.
The '26 Laxachusetts squad has another very talented Brown legacy in Tuck Gilbane.

Post by 1766 »

Any coach or fanbase complaining about a player being poached is being disingenuous. It's the way of the world. The days of the gentlemen's agreement of moving on to the next player once they commit to a school is long over. Every coach would flip a player they want if they can. If they are claiming otherwise or trying to rationalize it, they are lying.
bearlaxfan

Post by bearlaxfan »

Laxxal22 wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2024 10:39 am David Evans, Preston's dad, was a beast back in the day for Brown. He must be happy about the flip.

Good bloodline! How fast is his shot?😉
Previous regime couldn't lure him?🤔
FannOLax

Post by FannOLax »

The coaching change seems to have generated a lot of positive energy around the Brown program. While Daly had some success in 2022, I expect more sustained success under the Torpey regime. I'm looking forward to seeing the 2025 edition of Bruno.
Laxxal22

Post by Laxxal22 »

Another addition to the 2025 recruiting class. Jack Curran, a Laxachusetts Lsm/Def who is doing a PG year at Salisbury, flipped from Richmond to Brown.
bearlaxfan

Post by bearlaxfan »

Counselor wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2024 2:36 pm Coach Torpey rounds out his coaching staff with Jack Cook who faced-off for HP and graduated in ‘21 ….out of Holmdel, NJ….was Director of Operations but will move to the field at Brown….

He hasn't been posted on the coach page yet.
bearlaxfan

Post by bearlaxfan »

AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

Per Xanders twitter
Some coaching news before recruiting heats up at midnight: @TerpsMLax will hire longtime Brown and Tufts head coach Mike Daly as Director of Player Development, according to multiple sources. Daly replaces Jared Bernhardt, who stepped down to continue to pursue a football career.
The Orfling

Post by The Orfling »

AreaLax wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2024 8:50 pm Per Xanders twitter
Some coaching news before recruiting heats up at midnight: @TerpsMLax will hire longtime Brown and Tufts head coach Mike Daly as Director of Player Development, according to multiple sources. Daly replaces Jared Bernhardt, who stepped down to continue to pursue a football career.
Glad to see that Coach Daly has landed with the Terps; have heard only good things about him in terms of character and caring about his players. And the John Tillman stamp of approval has to be seen as a positive as Coach Daly moves forward in his career.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”