DIII TRANSFERS

D3 Mens Lacrosse
EastCoastLaxFan123

Re: DIII TRANSFERS

Post by EastCoastLaxFan123 »

Hearing Charlie McFadden (A) from Skidmore will head to Fairfield next fall.
Ivy League > ACC
Leonard Washington

Post by Leonard Washington »

EastCoastLaxFan123 wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 2:12 pm Hearing Charlie McFadden (A) from Skidmore will head to Fairfield next fall.
Lefty Canadian who can score with the best of them

Very smart player and solid pick up for Fairfield
First of all, ya better check your tone. I dont think you know who you're talking to. I'm Leonard Washington...I don't get butt naked for nobody!!
EastCoastLaxFan123

Post by EastCoastLaxFan123 »

Another d3 --> d1. I also heard Dan Donahue, goalie from Union will be going to Providence for an extra year.
Ivy League > ACC
MVPiccoli

Post by MVPiccoli »

EastCoastLaxFan123 wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 8:55 pm Another d3 --> d1. I also heard Dan Donahue, goalie from Union will be going to Providence for an extra year.
I like Benson and Providence overall. They are on the rise. Great school and community. It's like Villanova, but fun.
Not Suitable

Post by Not Suitable »

Cabrini Keeper Hunter Waldron to Desales per his Instagram
RetiredLLLaxer

Post by RetiredLLLaxer »

EastCoastLaxFan123 wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 8:55 pm Another d3 --> d1. I also heard Dan Donahue, goalie from Union will be going to Providence for an extra year.
Davis (AA middie) from Union is headed to UVM I believe and Paolatto (FoGo of year) I hear is landing in the Big10 somehwere.
Laxguy456

Post by Laxguy456 »

Leonard Washington wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 4:50 pm
Laxattackjack wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 4:35 pm i don’t know if this is completely accurate. it is my understanding that a player must ask the admin/coach to be released from their commitment to the school. and that admin/ coach is the one that enters the player into the portal.
as for the coach not seeing his own players in the portal. i say no way.
If a player at the Division III level wants to transfer they have two options (essentially). Contact their compliance director and get signed up/put in the transfer portal where every DI, DII and DIII Head Coach has access and can see/contact them. Or get a 30 day waiver from compliance where they can contact any school they choose. If a player goes with the latter, the current head coach will be notified after 30 days. If the player goes with the former, then the players current head coach does not have to be notified whatsoever and may not know their player is in the portal unless administration tells them (which they are not required to do) or another coach at another school which the student athlete is trying to to transfer to contacts them (which does happen).
It was my understanding about the self release that the D3 player's current school would not be advised of the self release unless they give the potential transferring college or university permission to notify their current institution of this permission to contact. Can anyone confirm?
MVPiccoli

Post by MVPiccoli »

Not Suitable wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 10:40 am Cabrini Keeper Hunter Waldron to Desales per his Instagram
Good for him! Hope he balls out.
Leonard Washington

Laxguy456 wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 10:48 am It was my understanding about the self release that the D3 player's current school would not be advised of the self release unless they give the potential transferring college or university permission to notify their current institution of this permission to contact. Can anyone confirm?
I was under the impression that self-release is only good for 30 days. If you decided to leave Union and transfer to Middlebury using a self-release, once the 30 days is up, Middlebury has 7 days after the initial signing of the 30 day release, to contact Union and let them know of your decision. If you decide not to transfer to Middlebury, they do not notify Union of you contacting them to transfer.

The extra layer to this is if you request a second permission to contact that runs another 30 days after the initial one runs out, to the same institution (Middlebury in this case), they have 7 days to let Union know that you have contacted them (because the original 30 day release has expired).

Hope this helps
First of all, ya better check your tone. I dont think you know who you're talking to. I'm Leonard Washington...I don't get butt naked for nobody!!
Laxguy456

Post by Laxguy456 »

Leonard Washington wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 11:45 am
Laxguy456 wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 10:48 am It was my understanding about the self release that the D3 player's current school would not be advised of the self release unless they give the potential transferring college or university permission to notify their current institution of this permission to contact. Can anyone confirm?
I was under the impression that self-release is only good for 30 days. If you decided to leave Union and transfer to Middlebury using a self-release, once the 30 days is up, Middlebury has 7 days after the initial signing of the 30 day release, to contact Union and let them know of your decision. If you decide not to transfer to Middlebury, they do not notify Union of you contacting them to transfer.

The extra layer to this is if you request a second permission to contact that runs another 30 days after the initial one runs out, to the same institution (Middlebury in this case), they have 7 days to let Union know that you have contacted them (because the original 30 day release has expired).

Hope this helps
Thanks for the response. So, using your scenario, Middlebury has no interest in me joining their team, then Union would never know that I contacted Middlebury. So, I can go fishing and no one at my current school is made aware unless I get a hit.
flyealgesfly

Post by flyealgesfly »

Laxguy456 wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 12:25 pm

Hope this helps
Thanks for the response. So, using your scenario, Middlebury has no interest in me joining their team, then Union would never know that I contacted Middlebury. So, I can go fishing and no one at my current school is made aware unless I get a hit.
If a player enters the portal, the coach will know
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

flyealgesfly wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 12:29 pm
Laxguy456 wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 12:25 pm

Hope this helps
If a player enters the portal, the coach will know
The self release is different from the portal.
flyealgesfly

Post by flyealgesfly »

Clarify this for us. If a player self releases, eventually, they will talk to other coaches. And eventually, the word will get out.
laxdad1434

Post by laxdad1434 »

flyealgesfly wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 12:38 pm Clarify this for us. If a player self releases, eventually, they will talk to other coaches. And eventually, the word will get out.
https://ncaaorg.s3.amazonaws.com/compli ... elease.pdf
Leonard Washington

Laxguy456 wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 12:25 pm Thanks for the response. So, using your scenario, Middlebury has no interest in me joining their team, then Union would never know that I contacted Middlebury. So, I can go fishing and no one at my current school is made aware unless I get a hit.
Yes that is correct
Leonard Washington

flyealgesfly wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 12:38 pm Clarify this for us. If a player self releases, eventually, they will talk to other coaches. And eventually, the word will get out.
All depends on the coach.

Most athletes (that I have come across and spoken to) who self release have a pretty good idea of the school(s) they would like to target and attend and transfer to
NNELax

Post by NNELax »

It's like Linkedin...you can put your settings to open to work but only for recruiters (shielding you somewhat from your current employer...maybe) ...But once you put that OPEN TO WORK button on your face everyone can see it....
lax

Post by lax »

100% sure this is private information that NO ONE has any business posting.

Directly from the NCAA portal:
As a reminder, access to the transfer portal is intended only for NCAA membership use.

When NCAA student-athletes sign their student-athlete statement, student-athletes agree to disclose their transfer information only to the NCAA and its member institutions and conferences. Unless you have the express permission of the student-athlete, you are not authorized to share student-athlete information found in the transfer portal with third parties. Sharing such information without authorization violates the terms of use of the transfer portal and may also violate the law.
laxdad1434

Post by laxdad1434 »

lax wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 4:34 pm 100% sure this is private information that NO ONE has any business posting.

Directly from the NCAA portal:
As a reminder, access to the transfer portal is intended only for NCAA membership use.

When NCAA student-athletes sign their student-athlete statement, student-athletes agree to disclose their transfer information only to the NCAA and its member institutions and conferences. Unless you have the express permission of the student-athlete, you are not authorized to share student-athlete information found in the transfer portal with third parties. Sharing such information without authorization violates the terms of use of the transfer portal and may also violate the law.
Well, someone better tell IL that. They list all of it.
Leonard Washington

laxdad1434 wrote: Fri May 31, 2024 8:02 am
Well, someone better tell IL that. They list all of it.
:?:

Do you have any links or articles to these entire reports for Inside Lacrosse posting who is in the transfer portal before they actually commit, as I am intrigued if it is true?

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”