York 2024

D3 Mens Lacrosse
RE6ULATOR

Re: York 2024

Post by RE6ULATOR »

TucoBPJMRamirez wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 4:48 pm
RE6ULATOR wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 4:07 pm Yea. Very odd selection of schools to try to compare to. Frankly not even close on any metric, from cost to acceptance rate. It’s almost as if those schools were purposely picked because of their perceived “low attrition rates.” :roll:
... To quote a very serious poster, "This isn’t the “who done it mystery” some of you want it to be."…
Fair enough. I’ll own that. But in my defense, I made a passing comment/shot. When I said that line, I was referencing the previous 2 pages worth of hypotheticals and worst case scenarios.

It is what it is. The players are gone and the reasons are the reasons, like them or not. Any in-house stuff will, unfortunately for the peanut gallery, remain in-house.

There will be plenty to hate on next year without these players fellas. :ugeek:
Laxattackjack

Post by Laxattackjack »

And

We are on page 4. Is that good or bad? Doesn’t matter. Keeps the lax talk going
D3 Fan

Post by D3 Fan »

Salisbury counts rings, York counts fanlax pages.

KIDDING, KIDDING, KIDDING, KIDDING, KIDDING. It made me laugh so I thought I'd share silly humor, as it is the offseason after all and might break some of the tension regarding the transfer discussion.

I understand the urge for a player to consider D1 but how many of them get meaningful D1 minutes? There are plenty who do but I saw a recent listing on here somewhere regarding Amherst players who transferred to D1 but aside from the goalie, I don't believe any of them did anything "meaningful" on the lacrosse field but they can now officially say "I played D1". I don't mean to disparage any player who wants to try D1, especially given how COVID botched up recruiting/evaluating big time, but if you have a good D3 thing going, get playing time, compete for titles, play high end competition, enjoy the team culture, get a good education, make friends/memories for life, build an academic network, etc., then why rock the boat just to say "I played D1"? I was D1, ranked program, but I absolutely have come to love the D3 perspective and if given a chance to do it again, I'd definitely give much more attention to the D3 world, even though I played significant D1 minutes. There's just so much to enjoy about this level.

At any rate, a player transferring is likely highly subjective, so wishing all the transfers the best at their new destinations and wishing the 2024 York squad an outstanding season (unless you play my favorite, Salisbury!).
Laxattackjack

Post by Laxattackjack »

D3 Fan wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 7:16 pm Salisbury counts rings, York counts fanlax pages.

KIDDING, KIDDING, KIDDING, KIDDING, KIDDING. It made me laugh so I thought I'd share silly humor, as it is the offseason after all and might break some of the tension regarding the transfer discussion.

I understand the urge for a player to consider D1 but how many of them get meaningful D1 minutes? There are plenty who do but I saw a recent listing on here somewhere regarding Amherst players who transferred to D1 but aside from the goalie, I don't believe any of them did anything "meaningful" on the lacrosse field but they can now officially say "I played D1". I don't mean to disparage any player who wants to try D1, especially given how COVID botched up recruiting/evaluating big time, but if you have a good D3 thing going, get playing time, compete for titles, play high end competition, enjoy the team culture, get a good education, make friends/memories for life, build an academic network, etc., then why rock the boat just to say "I played D1"? I was D1, ranked program, but I absolutely have come to love the D3 perspective and if given a chance to do it again, I'd definitely give much more attention to the D3 world, even though I played significant D1 minutes. There's just so much to enjoy about this level.

At any rate, a player transferring is likely highly subjective, so wishing all the transfers the best at their new destinations and wishing the 2024 York squad an outstanding season (unless you play my favorite, Salisbury!).
I know this topic hurts the feelings of D1 dads. For some reason, they think every D1 program is as exclusive as Maryland and UVA. In reality. Most starters on the top 10 D3 programs would make a mid to lower level D1 program. Some would make higher quality teams. Look at York. They finished 11th. Every starter could have played D1 if they wanted. The problem is they would have to pick a low level team like Cleveland state or Detroit, or VMI if they wanted playing time. On the mid level teams, they might not get much time. But they could be D1

There are some on surrounding HS teams that didn’t see the field until senior year in HS, and are going to a low level D1. Meanwhile, many of the starters on that HS team went D3 and saw playing time.
FXLax

Post by FXLax »

The D3/D1 discussion is interesting. My son got a couple of looks from D1 coaches but went D3 and played a lot and did well. A couple of his buddies went D1 and never played. I always wondered whether they would have been happier going D3. I do think some kids get lured in by the D1 “mystique” (not sure that’s the right word).
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

D3 Fan wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 7:16 pmSalisbury counts rings, York counts fanlax pages.

KIDDING, KIDDING, KIDDING, KIDDING, KIDDING…
Haha, too funny.
Best of luck to your Gulls as well.
Ferrara looked great for the PLL Chrome on Sunday. And another year of Jude will be really fun to watch, though tough to face. I said it years ago about the older Malamphy, the game is at its best when the best are playing it. Glad Jude will still be doing his thing out there.

My way too early 2024 lineup prediction:

M- Grayson, Russo, Fisher/Keogh

A- Harnick, Townsend, Wilhelm

D- Blackmon, Biava, Ridgeway

G- Keller

FO- Facciponti
SSDM- Mentzer
LSM- Snodgrass/Rubeling

The lineup will likely feature 3 of their top 4 point producers from last year (6 of the top 10, and 9 of the top 13), and return 4 of 6 All-Americans. The majority of these players are over 6’, with only 1 below 5’10”.

I wouldn’t be surprised if any of the younger goalies pushed for the top spot, and I expect transfer middie Garrett Keogh to push for top line time. He had 39 points last year, with goals vs the likes of Salisbury and CNU. Here’s some film. https://www.hudl.com/profile/5304402/Ga ... highlights
MAC - The SEC of DIII lacrosse.
Asgot

Post by Asgot »

There may be some flexibility at defense as Monohan is also a senior and you have Snodgrass who is an excellent handle and could see playing time as an LSM. You could potentially see Rutledge move to close and have a combo of AR and Snodgrass at LSM. Heard that We are bringing in another transfer. The two transfers would then make a total of 18 new people.
Laxattackjack

Post by Laxattackjack »

DeepPocket wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 9:12 pm
D3 Fan wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 7:16 pmSalisbury counts rings, York counts fanlax pages.

Haha, too funny.
Ferrara looked great for the PLL Chrome on Sunday. And another year of Jude will be really fun to watch, though tough to face. I said it years ago about the older Malamphy, the game is at its best when the best are playing it. Glad Jude will still be doing his thing out there.

G- Keller

FO- Facciponti
SSDM- Mentzer
LSM- Snodgrass/Rubeling

The lineup will likely feature 3 of their top 4 point producers from last year (6 of the top 10, and 9 of the top 13), and return 4 of 6 All-Americans. The majority of these players are over 6’, with only 1 below 5’10”.

I wouldn’t be surprised if any of the younger goalies pushed for the top spot, and I expect transfer middie Garrett Keogh to push for top line time. He had 39 points last year, with goals vs the likes of Salisbury and CNU. Here’s some film. https://www.hudl.com/profile/5304402/Ga ... highlights
Is this hoping the 6 grads mentioned will be back. Or is this confirmed?

I am not sold on Wilhelm at attack. Seems York never figured out who they wanted at x as a feeder. And they also need a big body or a slashing dodger to attract attention away from Harnick. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Russo on attack vs Mid. He was the best option for feeding last year or maybe Fisher at X. They both were big on assists

Some of the freshman look big also. I guess it doesn’t matter so much on attack/mid. We are really guessing who the top 6 offensive players will be. Your 6 are a good option. Maybe McCarver? He was getting a lot of time last season also. With Kazella and Burbank gone, I would think he is in the mix as well

The transfer is in the same bucket as the income freshman. He doesn’t know the team or the offense. Seeing how a transfer D1 middie couldn’t crack the top 9, I will wait and see on a D3 transfer
RE6ULATOR

Post by RE6ULATOR »

Laxattackjack wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 6:03 pm Is this hoping the 6 grads mentioned will be back. Or is this confirmed?

And a little York on York violence tomorrow in the PLL as Ryan Kennedy and the Redwoods take on Matt Whitcher and the Waterdogs.
Asgot

Post by Asgot »

Laxattackjack wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 6:03 pm
DeepPocket wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 9:12 pm

Haha, too funny.

G- Keller

FO- Facciponti
SSDM- Mentzer
LSM- Snodgrass/Rubeling

Is this hoping the 6 grads mentioned will be back. Or is this confirmed?

I am not sold on Wilhelm at attack. Seems York never figured out who they wanted at x as a feeder. And they also need a big body or a slashing dodger to attract attention away from Harnick. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Russo on attack vs Mid. He was the best option for feeding last year or maybe Fisher at X. They both were big on assists

Some of the freshman look big also. I guess it doesn’t matter so much on attack/mid. We are really guessing who the top 6 offensive players will be. Your 6 are a good option. Maybe McCarver? He was getting a lot of time last season also. With Kazella and Burbank gone, I would think he is in the mix as well

The transfer is in the same bucket as the income freshman. He doesn’t know the team or the offense. Seeing how a transfer D1 middie couldn’t crack the top 9, I will wait and see on a D3 transfer
what I heard, secondhand is that all of these players are coming back. Wilhelm should be fully healthy after being injured all of last year. But, I think that getting Facciponti and Blackmon back for another year is huge for the team. While bringing Harnick, Grayson, and Wilhelm back will mitigate the losses via the transfer portal.
DrSaywhat

Post by DrSaywhat »

RE6ULATOR = Coach Childs. Can't believe a coach gets involved on forums. Knows way to much insider info. :(
RE6ULATOR

Post by RE6ULATOR »

:lol: not quite
Bigdawg69

Post by Bigdawg69 »

RE6ULATOR wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 12:35 pm :lol: not quite
Hey coach! Have a great weekend
RE6ULATOR

Post by RE6ULATOR »

Bigdawg69 wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 12:53 pm Hey coach! Have a great weekend
:roll: Don’t forget to switch back to your burner account next time genius…
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

The irony is, if I’m not mistaken, Bigdawg69 (telling name btw) was itself a burner account, and now that account has burner accounts.

My friend, get help…
MAC - The SEC of DIII lacrosse.
Bigdawg69

Post by Bigdawg69 »

DeepPocket wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 1:31 pm The irony is, if I’m not mistaken, Bigdawg69 (telling name btw) was itself a burner account, and now that account has burner accounts.

My friend, get help…
I’m not a burner account lol. Simply poking at regulator for ppl thinkin he’s coach child’s. Y’all need a life :lol:
Bigdawg69

Post by Bigdawg69 »

I’m just a former d3 player who likes to talk lax 🤷🏼‍♂️
Laxattackjack

Post by Laxattackjack »

Per Instagram. Fogo transfer from Howard CC
should get the total fogo back to 4 on roster.

1 grad, two juniors, and one freshman
Mijohnson

Post by Mijohnson »

RE6ULATOR wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 12:35 pm :lol: not quite
LaxFan1991

Post by LaxFan1991 »

Been about a week…. Any updates on incoming/outgoing players?

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”