All Things Russia & Ukraine

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
a fan

Re: All Things Russia

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote:
Russia election meddling : worse than a crime -- a blunder

U.S.-Russian hostility is now inevitable, and the results could be tragic.
I thought your crew didn't like it when America "apologized" for past behavior??

And here the "American Conservative" is apologizing for rigging other's elections, expanding NATO, and generally being mean to Putin. In other words, it's "our fault" that Putin is being mean back. Therefore, we should stop complaining about Russia's meddling....that's the answer here?

Do these so called analysts have anything to say about America's path forward that isn't drenched in irony?
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

a fan wrote:
old salt wrote:

I thought your crew didn't like it when America "apologized" for past behavior??

And here the "American Conservative" is apologizing for rigging other's elections, expanding NATO, and generally being mean to Putin. In other words, it's "our fault" that Putin is being mean back. Therefore, we should stop complaining about Russia's meddling....that's the answer here?

Do these so called analysts have anything to say about America's path forward that isn't drenched in irony?
I have heard from a lot of “conservatives” that we meddle in other elections so we shouldn’t care when others meddle in ours...you know, we install heads of states so when someone installs ours we shouldn’t care. That’s the sh*t they are peddling.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

and it's SO gratifying to know that when Vlad decides it'd be better for him to have Lizzie or Kamala or Hik in the Oval Office that our conservative friends won't GIVE a shirt...

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
a fan

Post by a fan »

Typical Lax Dad wrote:I have heard from a lot of “conservatives” that we meddle in other elections so we shouldn’t care when others meddle in ours...you know, we install heads of states so when someone installs ours we shouldn’t care. That’s the sh*t they are peddling.
Where do these people go to college? I want to know, so I can make sure my daughter doesn't go to school there.

Hey dumbasses: the answer to this false "dilemma" is: the US should stop meddling in other country's elections! Wake up, you idiots. Messing with elections has a list of unintended consequences so long, it can't fit in a bound book. We're STILL paying a massive price for messing with Iran's free elections in 1953. And that's just ONE election.

The American Right is morally adrift at sea. On the one hand, they think we should bury our head in the sand and ignore that Putin is messing with our elections. On the other, they are batsh*t looney over the prospect of domestic election fraud. I have a solution that satisfies both complaints: allow people to vote in US elections with Russian passports. That way we can claim we aren't "Russiaphobes", while at the same time we're dutifully "checking ID's".

These drooling idiots are drooling so much that I'm surprised the drool doesn't short out their keyboards, keeping them from writing Op-Ed's.

Man. What the hell is going on with America? I thought things were supposed to be awesome with a balanced, small government now that the Republicans in charge. Not only do we have the opposite of that, we have managed to invent new problems that a five year old could solve, but a Republican leader can't.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote:
old salt wrote:

You have no clue about "my crew".

They're not apologizing. They're pointing out the hypocrisy & fecklessness of our childish Russophobia.

Americans voted Trump into office, & not because of Russia's piddly social media pranks & their exposing the rigged, corrupt DNC primary.
Sore losers (in both parties) can't come to grips with why voters chose Trump.

We're pissing away all that we won in the Cold War, for what ? So Ukraine can join NATO & the EU ? It's just stupid.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote:
a fan wrote:
old salt wrote:

They're not apologizing. They're pointing out the hypocrisy & fecklessness of our childish Russophobia.

Americans voted Trump into office, & not because of Russia's piddly social media pranks & their exposing the rigged, corrupt DNC primary.

We're pissing away all that we won in the Cold War, for what ? So Ukraine can join NATO & the EU ? It's just stupid.
Randy, you sure give yourself away in this post.
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote:
a fan wrote:
old salt wrote:

Would it be stupid if Vlad helped Hillary win? You speak for all Trump voters now? COAUSNO
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote:
old salt wrote:
a fan wrote:
old salt wrote:

Would it be stupid if Vlad helped Hillary win? You speak for all Trump voters now? COAUSNO
It would be just as stupid to blame Russia for Americans voting for Hillary, because of the collusion & Manchurian Candidate narratives her campaign propagated, based on the Russian disinformation dossier they purchased. SLTLD.
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote:
Typical Lax Dad wrote:
old salt wrote:
a fan wrote:
old salt wrote:

It would be just as stupid to blame Russia for Americans voting for Hillary, because of the collusion & Manchurian Candidate narratives her campaign propagated, based on the Russian disinformation dossier they purchased. SLTLD.
It’s already been demonstrated that Russia helped Trump. The question remains if there were American confederates. You are fixated on this dossier. You were the only person on these boards to bring it up routinely. Too bad we can’t do a search.
old salt

Post by old salt »

No surprise that TDS sufferers choose to ignore the dossier,
...now that it's been discredited & shown to have been purchased by the HRC/DNC.
How many hours did CNN & MSNBC devote to the dossier ?
How many pages the NYT & WP ?
There'd be no Mueller investigation were there no dossier.
Comey might still have a job.
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote:No surprise that TDS sufferers choose to ignore the dossier,
...now that it's been discredited & shown to have been purchased by the HRC/DNC.
When was it discredited? Seems like a lot of what was in it was accurate...There wouldn’t be Mueller if your boy hadn’t fired Comey.
old salt

Post by old salt »

...& Trump would not have fired Comey were there no dossier for Comey to brief to Trump.
The dossier's non-incriminating, open source stuff about Trump's travel & business history was accurate.
There'd have been no investigation were it not for the dossier.
There'd have been nothing to leak to the media.
We are now seeing what a set up the surveillance & informants run against Papadop & Carter Page were.
Where are their indictments for espionage or conspiracy ?
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote:
When was it discredited? Seems like a lot of what was in it was accurate...There wouldn’t be Mueller if your boy hadn’t fired Comey.
A lot of the dossier has been confirmed. Very little has been discredited, and the rest is up in the air. I'm unsure of the exact percentages, but more than not has been confirmed.
old salt

Post by old salt »

holmes435 wrote:
Typical Lax Dad wrote:
A lot of the dossier has been confirmed. Very little has been discredited, and the rest is up in the air. I'm unsure of the exact percentages, but more than not has been confirmed.
What's been verified ? The open source history that Nellie Ohr complied for Fusion GPS about Trump's travel to Russia & his business dealings, all of which has been non-incriminating. Just fodder for innuendo & conspiracy theories.

What was actionable in the dossier ? Which members of the Trump campaign or admin have been indicted based on the "intel" in the dossier ?
What did the FISA warrants on Carter Page yield ? The FBI & the media have had the dossier for over 2 years now ?
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

The Dossier might not have had the same effect if the Trump team had not lied repeatedly about their many contacts with Russians during the campaign.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Trinity wrote:The Dossier might not have had the same effect if the Trump team had not lied repeatedly about their many contacts with Russians during the campaign.
Tru dat
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

You guys are hanging on by a thread.....let it go.

In other news....US reportedly poised to abandon key arms control treaty with Russia

WASHINGTON — The Trump administration is moving to abandon the Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces Treaty, per multiple reports, removing a key arms control treaty between the United States and Russia.

According to both The Guardian and The New York Times, national security adviser John Bolton has recommended the U.S. leave the agreement and will inform Russia of the move next week.

The INF Treaty, signed between the U.S. and Russia in 1987, bans all land-based cruise missiles with a range between 500 and 5,500 kilometers. While the Obama administration had accused Moscow of violating the agreement, Pentagon officials have been more vocal under the Trump administration about their concerns.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Trump knows more about this stuff than Jim Mattis.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

old salt wrote:What's been verified ? The open source history that Nellie Ohr complied for Fusion GPS about Trump's travel to Russia & his business dealings, all of which has been non-incriminating. Just fodder for innuendo & conspiracy theories.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 15046.html

https://www.newsweek.com/trump-russia-d ... now-777116

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trump%E2% ... llegations
old salt

Post by old salt »

Trinity wrote:Trump knows more about this stuff than Jim Mattis.
Trump should assure the TDS Russophobes that he's pulling out of the Treaty to punish the Russians for election meddling.
He's giving the sore losers the Cold War they want so badly.
The newest Russian cruise missile already violates the treaty.
They'll deploy it to Kaliningrad to protect Germany's investment in the Nordstream 2.

Return to “POLITICS”