D3 Mens Lacrosse

Who will win the National Championship?

Tufts
69%
Salisbury
31%

Total votes: 72

Matnum PI

Re: Who will win the National Championship?

Post by Matnum PI »

Few saw this coming and... Still early...
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Wow! This is getting outta hand!
If we need that extra push over the cliff, ya know what we do...eleven, exactly.
Oaklax

Post by Oaklax »

Berkman probably showed his team this thread pre game to hype his team up :lol:
Dr. Pretorious

Post by Dr. Pretorious »

All them snarky predictions about the unstoppable Jumbos not looking great at the moment ...?
Dr. Pretorious

Post by Dr. Pretorious »

Biggest concern for Salisbury is making sure Cross isn't pouting and goes all hero ball 2nd half to "get his" again - cost Salisbury the natty in 2021.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

10-4 at half. Yikes...
Caddy Day
ah23

Post by ah23 »

Dr. Pretorious wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 4:57 pm Biggest concern for Salisbury is making sure Cross isn't pouting and goes all hero ball 2nd half to "get his" again - cost Salisbury the natty in 2021.
He’s 0/7 shooting at halftime and it hasn’t cost them at all, the rest of the offense is playing so well that the heroball hasn’t hurt them.

(Also, not calling timeout on the last possession cost them that game…but that’s a separate conversation).
HockeyLaxGolf42

Post by HockeyLaxGolf42 »

Tufts being coached circles around….
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

My goodness Tufts looks like $h1t today. And Gulls aren’t doing anything special.

Hope tufts flushes the playing scared vs bully ball by the gulls. No dog in this fight but this is a stinker this far.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Dr. Pretorious

Post by Dr. Pretorious »

ah23 wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 5:05 pm
Dr. Pretorious wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 4:57 pm Biggest concern for Salisbury is making sure Cross isn't pouting and goes all hero ball 2nd half to "get his" again - cost Salisbury the natty in 2021.
He’s 0/7 shooting at halftime and it hasn’t cost them at all, the rest of the offense is playing so well that the heroball hasn’t hurt them.

(Also, not calling timeout on the last possession cost them that game…but that’s a separate conversation).
Don't disagree with either comment - just saying this is deja vu - if Cross doesn't go hero ball 4th quarter in 2021, and instead plays same way as first 3 quarters (as a team) Gulls win by 3-5 goals.

Agree that Berkman should have called the TO - however, but for the hero ball 4th quarter, never would have come down to that.

Same with the interference penalty called with about 20 seconds left - a huge mistake, but never should have come to that. Just an observation.
ah23

Post by ah23 »

All fair points!
Dr. Pretorious

Post by Dr. Pretorious »

ah23 wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 5:16 pmAll fair points!
👍
ah23

Post by ah23 »

Everything the NCAA touches gets 50% worse at minimum. The audio in the broadcast keeps cutting out, they keep switching to a super tight camera angle on dodges and missing the resulting shot, the game stats page basically has zero information, etc. Come on.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Tufts starting 4th down by 3. Great. :)
Caddy Day
Leonard Washington

Post by Leonard Washington »

HockeyLaxGolf42 wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 5:07 pm Tufts being coached circles around….
Gotta give Tufts credit for the mix and match chess match at the X with Kohn & Merril.
First of all, ya better check your tone. I dont think you know who you're talking to. I'm Leonard Washington...I don't get butt naked for nobody!!
laxdad30

Post by laxdad30 »

i cant even see the broadcast. Says not available
ah23

Post by ah23 »

Tufts has had a ton of chances to make this a game in the third and fourth quarters, but feels like whenever they’ve had a window either a) Salisbury has responded immediately b) Tufts threw away some ridiculous-looking turnovers. Really impressive from Salisbury, they absolutely made this their style of game and Tufts never got unstuck.
Dr. Pretorious

Post by Dr. Pretorious »

ah23 wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 5:58 pm Tufts has had a ton of chances to make this a game in the third and fourth quarters, but feels like whenever they’ve had a window either a) Salisbury has responded immediately b) Tufts threw away some ridiculous-looking turnovers. Really impressive from Salisbury, they absolutely made this their style of game and Tufts never got unstuck.
+1
Leonard Washington

Post by Leonard Washington »

Bigdawg69 wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 10:29 am Tufts by 5+ and we will start the discussion on if 2023 tufts the best d3 team of all time
Looks like we won't be having that discussion anytime soon. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I've been wrong plenty of times but I would love to hear from certain posters who backed the Tufts train, saying that the Gulls had no chance and the game wouldn't be close. Now that they have been derailed, what are your thoughts? :?:
First of all, ya better check your tone. I dont think you know who you're talking to. I'm Leonard Washington...I don't get butt naked for nobody!!
Dr. Pretorious

Post by Dr. Pretorious »

Leonard Washington wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 6:07 pm
Bigdawg69 wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 10:29 am Tufts by 5+ and we will start the discussion on if 2023 tufts the best d3 team of all time
Looks like we won't be having that discussion anytime soon. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I've been wrong plenty of times but I would love to hear from certain posters who backed the Tufts train, saying that the Gulls had no chance and the game wouldn't be close. Now that they have been derailed, what are your thoughts? :?:
LOL !!

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”