(Presumed) Impact of Grad Student/Senior Heavy Rosters

D1 Mens Lacrosse
Farfromgeneva

Re: (Presumed) Impact of Grad Student/Senior Heavy Rosters

Post by Farfromgeneva »

GaitsRightHand wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 1:57 pm
wgdsr wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 1:45 pm
PulpExposure wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 1:11 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 12:41 pm Is that S/W Jersey or Bergen Co/Montclair or similar in the greater NYC area? Interesting that you can choose.
It's Cherry Hill (down south, outside of Philly). And as far as I can tell, complete anomaly.
they have it in my county in va. and an adjacent one. 17 or 18 high schools at least. all you have to do is provide the transportation and they have to have the capacity.
This is widely known as "school of choice." Popular in the midwest. If you're in an area that has a few different high schools in a close vicinity- you can choose whichever school you'd like to attend. As you can imagine, school of choice HS's typically have better sports because they have a wider pool to choose from.

Had a kid commute 25 mins (3 towns away) just to go to the high school I previously coached at.

States with school of choice public high schools:
Arizona, Florida, Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, Wisconsin, Louisiana, Colorado, Nevada and North Carolina.
Just talked to my sister in Ca and they do this in Oakland as well,p sort of. Choice up until a number is hit then lottery. They didn’t have much money when their kids were younger now both out of college in early - mid 20s but brother in laws brother who does have a Scrooge Mc suck style vault of it covered them to go to a nearby private school (called a Bentley nice don’t think it’s elite but the public school
Oakland High wouldn’t have been a safe and secure option so they were lucky he covered it).
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”