Notre Dame
27%
Virginia
73%

Total votes: 26

UVAlaxfan

Re: Notre Dame at UVA (Round 2)

Post by UVAlaxfan »

jrn19 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 4:30 pm Yeah, Dickson is great, but before Dickson it was Laviano in 2019 and he scored 51 goals
I have Laviano at 38% shooting and 44 ground balls in 2019. Interestingly in 2021 he did not have nearly as good a year - he suffered because our offense got deeper.

But even in his best year he was not doing what Dickson does. He could finish and ride like hell. but he couldn't carry the ball and other teams knew it. He certainly almost never scored on a dodge more likely he was looking to get rid of the ball before getting jumped as was cormier at that point. And he was not nearly as crafty close in cutting right on the crease as Dickson is. He was mainly a guy who found space in the high crease and could jam the ball in form there efficiently. He found a lot of it as the third attack with Moore and Kraus. Occasionally he would dive backside on crease and get that backside feed for the finish but not the way Dickson can do it.

Dickson runs around without the ball on offense in a way that remind me of curry, and he eventually finds himself open and can catch and finish on the move with crazy efficiency. yes shellenberger is great at finding him but Dickson is having an amazing year and is scoring more and more and more on the dodge lately, which just makes him so much more dangerous.
Finster

Post by Finster »

UVAlaxfan wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 9:18 am
jrn19 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 4:30 pm Yeah, Dickson is great, but before Dickson it was Laviano in 2019 and he scored 51 goals
I have Laviano at 38% shooting and 44 ground balls in 2019. Interestingly in 2021 he did not have nearly as good a year - he suffered because our offense got deeper.

But even in his best year he was not doing what Dickson does. He could finish and ride like hell. but he couldn't carry the ball and other teams knew it. He certainly almost never scored on a dodge more likely he was looking to get rid of the ball before getting jumped as was cormier at that point. And he was not nearly as crafty close in cutting right on the crease as Dickson is. He was mainly a guy who found space in the high crease and could jam the ball in form there efficiently. He found a lot of it as the third attack with Moore and Kraus. Occasionally he would dive backside on crease and get that backside feed for the finish but not the way Dickson can do it.

Dickson runs around without the ball on offense in a way that remind me of curry, and he eventually finds himself open and can catch and finish on the move with crazy efficiency. yes shellenberger is great at finding him but Dickson is having an amazing year and is scoring more and more and more on the dodge lately, which just makes him so much more dangerous.

I’m blown away Dickson isn’t in the Tewaaraton finalist list. He’s setting record shooting %’s not to mention I believe he’s now established the record number of goals in a season by any UVA player in history. They have Cormier in the 25. What?!?!
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Finster wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 10:12 am

I’m blown away Dickson isn’t in the Tewaaraton finalist list. He’s setting record shooting %’s not to mention I believe he’s now established the record number of goals in a season by any UVA player in history. They have Cormier in the 25. What?!?!
he's had a big 3 games since they culled it down. cormier hasn't. we get it, you like dickson. maybe he'll be a turnbull finalist.
Finster

Post by Finster »

wgdsr wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 10:29 am

he's had a big 3 games since they culled it down. cormier hasn't. we get it, you like dickson. maybe he'll be a turnbull finalist.

Are you kidding me?

I like the sport. I don’t ‘like’ UVA or any one player. I like Syracuse and reality.

You’ve got a kid Dickson who’s 20 points clear of Cormier in points, shooting well above him in percentage over the same. Record number of goals. Probably a record on shooting percentage. 30 GB’s to 12 GB’s.

And your reply is ‘it’s just the last three games’?! He’s been pretty consistent the entire season. It looks like only Maryland kept him in check.

Dickson absolutely should absolutely be on the Tewaaraton list. It’s not a knock on Cormier. It’s a knock on the committee.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Finster wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 10:42 am
wgdsr wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 10:29 am

Are you kidding me?

I like the sport. I don’t ‘like’ UVA or any one player. I like Syracuse and reality.

You’ve got a kid Dickson who’s 20 points clear of Cormier in points, shooting well above him in percentage over the same. Record number of goals. Probably a record on shooting percentage. 30 GB’s to 12 GB’s.

And your reply is ‘it’s just the last three games’?! He’s been pretty consistent the entire season. It looks like only Maryland kept him in check.

Dickson absolutely should absolutely be on the Tewaaraton list. It’s not a knock on Cormier. It’s a knock on the committee.
he was 4 pts. clear of cormier in 2 additional games. #s per game favored cormier. just commenting that you seem really invested here. there will be 5 guys that are finalists that will have had stellar seasons and dickson would probably be a good choice, too.

i'm sure plenty of cavaliers will get recognition at year end.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”