Progressive Ideology

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Typical Lax Dad

Re: Progressive Ideology

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

youthathletics wrote:Wonder why the Hindu that helped create the artwork was not offended?

Last paragraph in the article. "This ad was created with input from those of Hindu faith so that we could properly pay respect to the sacred festival. This highlights the difficulty in outreach that can be positive for one group but not for another in the same community," Jetton added. "We offer our sincerest apologies to anyone that was offended by the ad. Obviously, that was not the intent."

It’s amazing what can take place when different minded people talk to each other, rather than using social media to assume everything.
It’s an ad in poor taste. I don’t care if Vishnu helped. You read more into my post than what was there. As I am sure you know, Hinduism is not a race and not all East Indians are Hindu. I don’t know how race came up. Lots of things get put out and you wonder “what were they thinking”...this is a good example. Morons put it out and guess what, a Hindu can be a moron....even some of my good friends.
Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
ChairmanOfTheBoard

Post by ChairmanOfTheBoard »

a fan wrote:
ChairmanOfTheBoard wrote:
a fan wrote:
HooDat wrote:
holmes435 wrote:Sounds like a private company expressing its values in a meeting and discussing what they can do in the community to help foster those values. Discussed combating actual fake news. Even urging tolerance towards its conservative employees.

If you don't agree with those values, use another search engine.
but what if you don't agree with Google and work there...???

Imagine being a conservative and having to sit through that.
This last sentence is where the liberals are right.....this is a snowflake complaint. What do you think it was like being a liberal working, well, pretty much anywhere in corporate America, for oh, all but the last decade or so? Did you hear all this complaining then?

Are we really so blind as to think that it was sunshine and rainbows at the workplace for liberals, minorities, or heaven forbid....women, over the last 200 years?

And, of course, this assumes that they'd hire you in the first place. Which they didn't, obviously.

And if you dared complain, you were branded a pinko commie feminist, or....simply fired for rocking the boat. My advice to conservatives complaining about working for liberal companies is the same advice they doled out to women and minorities for 200+ years: shut up. You're lucky you have a job. And if you don't like it, find somewhere else to work.

As for my place, we're apolitical, and would never foist this crap on our employees. I have NO CLUE how any company or employee could possibly find the time for politics at work. We also manage to avoid talking about G*d. Imagine that?

im gonna disagree with your first line- ive worked in corporate america and couldnt name one proper conservative colleague.

or, could be that they were just pressed into keeping quiet and wouldnt speak up... wouldnt be the first time.
You work in the NY Metro area (e.g., the East Coast), and entered the job force in the very late 90's, yes?
cmon afan... im not gonna give you those facts... :lol:

but yes in the area.
There are 29,413,039 corporations in America; but only one Chairman of the Board.
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

youthathletics wrote:Wonder why the Hindu that helped create the artwork was not offended?
There are ~1.15 Billion Hindus in the world. It's the world's 3rd largest religion. I would imagine they don't think the same or have the exact same beliefs.

A lot of Christians don't align with the beliefs of the KKK even though it uses the Christian faith in its mission.
Typical Lax Dad

holmes435 wrote:
There are ~1.15 Billion Hindus in the world. It's the world's 3rd largest religion. I would imagine they don't think the same or have the exact same beliefs.

A lot of Christians don't align with the beliefs of the KKK even though it uses the Christian faith in its mission.
This is 2018..... Trump has let the cat out the bag. Bergen County Sheriff just stepped in it.....Life goes on. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

EDIT: Every time I listen, I laugh even harder..... wasn't he the cop on The Blue Knight? :lol: :lol: :lol:
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

NO, I am NOT against people making money. However, when you, and your spouse, illuminate the world with your positioning that the rich should give more, not take as much, etc, it's troubling that you charge $3,000 for tickets for a book tour. Way to go Michelle Obama. I guess the millions from a Nazi publishing house (true) isn't enough?
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
Typical Lax Dad

runrussellrun wrote:NO, I am NOT against people making money. However, when you, and your spouse, illuminate the world with your positioning that the rich should give more, not take as much, etc, it's troubling that you charge $3,000 for tickets for a book tour. Way to go Michelle Obama. I guess the millions from a Nazi publishing house (true) isn't enough?
Tickets to hear Obama and as-yet-unnamed moderators discuss her upcoming memoir “Becoming” ranged from $29.50 for perches in the nosebleeds to $3,000 for front-row seats and a package that includes a “pre-show photo opportunity,” meet-and-greet reception with Obama, a signed book and other perks, including an “exclusive VIP gift item.”

With many fans snapping up cheap seats first, the big-ticket packages were some of the only seats left soon after the presale started. That didn’t sit well with some would-be attendees who complained about getting priced out. “I love Michelle Obama, I do,” a fan wrote on Twitter. “She is everything. But I am sorely disappointed in how expensive these book tour tickets are.”
Do you know if the entire venue was front row seats? Le me know.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

holmes435 wrote:A lot of Christians don't align with the beliefs of the KKK even though it uses the Christian faith in its mission.
"A lot"?...geez holmes, how bout the vast majority
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

holmes435 wrote:
There are ~1.15 Billion Hindus in the world. It's the world's 3rd largest religion. I would imagine they don't think the same or have the exact same beliefs. Agreed
Thus proving the point by your very own admission, that simply not agreeing has turned into being offended, which constitutes persecution by opposition party. You know darned well the intent of the meme was to align Hindu values with Republican values, it was not making fun of their deity.

This might be worth a re watch:

A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote:
holmes435 wrote:
There are ~1.15 Billion Hindus in the world. It's the world's 3rd largest religion. I would imagine they don't think the same or have the exact same beliefs. Agreed
Thus proving the point by your very own admission, that simply not agreeing has turned into being offended, which constitutes persecution by opposition party. You know darned well the intent of the meme was to align Hindu values with Republican values, it was not making fun of their deity.

An image of Jesus or the Virgin Mary can never be used in an offensive manner? Is that your position? There is no such thing as offensive? It’s just a “disagreement”? But folks are offended by “football players” kneeling? That is not just a disagreement? You are of the opinion that the people offended by the use of a hindu deity in the political ad should not be offensive to anyone?
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Sorry, I suppose I just do not hold grudges. And if I do get upset, I give myself 24+ hours to let it marinate before I allow it control my thoughts. During that time, I put myself in the other persons shoes, try to understand where they are coming from, internalize it, and then move on. We are all different and I believe if you let everything wind you up, then frankly you are allowing them to control you. That is not what God wants and clearly that applies across the board.

Consider reading this article, it works, it applies across many life encounters.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

tech37 wrote:
holmes435 wrote:A lot of Christians don't align with the beliefs of the KKK even though it uses the Christian faith in its mission.
"A lot"?...geez holmes, how bout the vast majority
Sure!
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Typical Lax Dad wrote:
runrussellrun wrote:NO, I am NOT against people making money. However, when you, and your spouse, illuminate the world with your positioning that the rich should give more, not take as much, etc, it's troubling that you charge $3,000 for tickets for a book tour. Way to go Michelle Obama. I guess the millions from a Nazi publishing house (true) isn't enough?
Tickets to hear Obama and as-yet-unnamed moderators discuss her upcoming memoir “Becoming” ranged from $29.50 for perches in the nosebleeds to $3,000 for front-row seats and a package that includes a “pre-show photo opportunity,” meet-and-greet reception with Obama, a signed book and other perks, including an “exclusive VIP gift item.”

With many fans snapping up cheap seats first, the big-ticket packages were some of the only seats left soon after the presale started. That didn’t sit well with some would-be attendees who complained about getting priced out. “I love Michelle Obama, I do,” a fan wrote on Twitter. “She is everything. But I am sorely disappointed in how expensive these book tour tickets are.”
Here you go, one venue : Boston Garden

https://www.vividseats.com/theatre/mich ... 43133.html

IT's embarrassing how easy this is. (to pick apart) Go ahead, click on any of the sections. Not ONE of them has a seat available for under $140. Not going to spend more time on it, but can't find ANY venue that is selling tickets starting at $29. Denver. NO. Detroit. NO. Dallas. NO You believe it exists, please find proof. Such a joke. Who the F has ever had a book tour for thousands of people?

Now, come back with the right to earn money.......or that she will donate proceeds to charity. (yeah, like a new foundation in CHicago )
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

youthathletics wrote:
holmes435 wrote:

http://static1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2 ... usogod.jpg
a fan

Post by a fan »

runrussellrun wrote:
Typical Lax Dad wrote:

IT's embarrassing how easy this is. (to pick apart) Go ahead, click on any of the sections. Not ONE of them has a seat available for under $140. Not going to spend more time on it, but can't find ANY venue that is selling tickets starting at $29. Denver. NO. Detroit. NO. Dallas. NO You believe it exists, please find proof. Such a joke. Who the F has ever had a book tour for thousands of people?

Now, come back with the right to earn money.......or that she will donate proceeds to charity. (yeah, like a new foundation in CHicago )
I don't get it, fattylax. What's your gripe here? That Michelle Obama doesn't get to charge free market prices?
Typical Lax Dad

runrussellrun wrote:
Typical Lax Dad wrote:

First of all, $140.00 < $3,000.00 secondly... is the money from the below site going to Obama or to a ticker reseller.... I bought BiebAH tickers for my daughter when they launched on Ticket Master for $275.00 each. At the end of the day, they were re-selling for $1,500. Floor seats. BiebAH got a cut of my money.... not sure who got a cut of the $1,500.00.... Should have bought more tickets and resold them but it was my first experience.
Vivid Seats was created out of a genuine love for attending live events…
We all feel the anticipation right after the lights go down. We remember the sounds of the orchestra pit tuning their instruments to deliver enchanting musical scores and standing ovations. We remember the blazing guitar solos, the last second scores, the come-from-behind wins, and the cheers of the fans. It's no accident we're named Vivid Seats…"vivid" comes from the Latin word "vivere" which means "to live"…and going to live events gives you the chance to live the music, live the culture, and live the glory that all generate the vivid memories and unique stories that will last a lifetime!

Our Purpose
We know that the live event experience starts long before you step into the venue. From the moment you learn about the event, you start figuring out if you can go, who you want to go with, and where you want to sit. Those decisions are all part of what can make the experience great… or, on the other hand, a frustrating hassle. With this in mind, we created Vivid Seats to reinvent the ticket purchasing experience. We have the best tools in the industry for you to learn, shop, share, plan, and organize your live event experience. We continually invest in our site's functionality and information so that you can go from start-to-finish faster and easier than on any other ticket website. And we've worked hard to be the leader in providing value, uniquely combining discount prices with premium service. Simply put, we want you to be able to go to as many live events as possible, and we want to provide the best experience in the industry!

Our Guarantee
We also know that buying tickets requires trust—nobody wants to get ripped off and no one wants to worry about their tickets. That's why we designed our site to be the safest, most secure way to buy tickets online. We never pass along your personal information to the seller, and we back all orders with our 100% Buyer Guarantee. While many of our competitors let just about anyone sell a ticket without sticking around to help, our service covers the rigorous screening process we apply to all the sellers on our website and supports our dedicated, in-house customer service team. We are there to protect and help you all along the way. We invest in the process and infrastructure so that you can purchase tickets worry-free.

Our Commitment
We are committed to earning your satisfaction with every order. We have the most responsive customer service team in the industry with decades of professional experience satisfying our thousands of loyal customers and corporate clients. We are here to help you from start to finish…any time…all the time. Getting the right seats at the right price in a fast-moving market requires skilled, efficient, professional coordination. Our full service staff is there to do just that—fully dedicated to giving you the best ticket buying experience in the industry!

As the gateway to your spectacular and memorable live event experiences, we want you to look forward to your upcoming concert, show, or game with confidence, peace of mind, and genuine happiness and excitement, every step of the way. Vivid Seats is your ticket to live events!

Jerry and Eric,
Founders
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

a fan wrote:
runrussellrun wrote:
Typical Lax Dad wrote:

I don't get it, fattylax. What's your gripe here? That Michelle Obama doesn't get to charge free market prices?
Nope. No problems with it at all. Especially after a Beverly Hills $30k a plate DNC fundraiser that she attends. Get it, no one is asking for a "vow of poverty " says the leader we elect with similar values. Because, we could all pay a little more. (in taxes)

But, my gripe is obvious. Similar the pretend CONservative squawking "small government, less spending and taxes" , when you, rightfully so, point out the exact opposite is happening and has happened. It's called hypocrisy . Free market, eh? MIchelle paying for her security out of her own pocket? exactly
a fan

Post by a fan »

That's what I'm asking: what has she said that makes charging market rates to see her speak, hypocritical? I'm missing that part. What did she say regarding poverty etc.?
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Typical Lax Dad wrote:

First of all, $140.00 < $3,000.00 secondly... is the money from the below site going to Obama or to a ticker reseller.... I bought BiebAH tickers for my daughter when they launched on Ticket Master for $275.00 each. At the end of the day, they were re-selling for $1,500. Floor seats. BiebAH got a cut of my money.... not sure who got a cut of the $1,500.00.... Should have bought more tickets and resold them but it was my first experience.
We all feel the anticipation right after the lights go down. We remember the sounds of the orchestra pit tuning their instruments to deliver enchanting musical scores and standing ovations. We remember the blazing guitar solos, the last second scores, the come-from-behind wins, and the cheers of the fans. It's no accident we're named Vivid Seats…"vivid" comes from the Latin word "vivere" which means "to live"…and going to live events gives you the chance to live the music, live the culture, and live the glory that all generate the vivid memories and unique stories that will last a lifetime!

]
Hillaryous. YOU are the one that highlighted the $29 cost. And clearly don't care about supporting YOUR claim that nosebleeds seats can be had for that price.

https://www.vividseats.com/concerts/far ... 55445.html

Ticket agencies and your example is a joke. Wanna meet me at FarmAid tomorrow? The most expensive ticket left for sale is $890. Cheapest is $79. THAT is my point. A Much better fundraiser/cause, that normal people can actually attend. (sad there are even tickets available for sale )
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

a fan wrote:That's what I'm asking: what has she said that makes charging market rates to see her speak, hypocritical? I'm missing that part. What did she say regarding poverty etc.?
Your being disingenuous with your wanting to know what makes her a hypocrite. You wouldn't be asking me otherwise. Perhaps you can go to the event in Denver and find out for yourself. Im sure there will a Q & A session. :roll:

Yes, Michelle has never uttered word won about income disparity, etc. .......b/c afterall, she's her own person, separate from her husband. What values is she talking about? :D
Typical Lax Dad

runrussellrun wrote:
Typical Lax Dad wrote:

]
Hillaryous. YOU are the one that highlighted the $29 cost. And clearly don't care about supporting YOUR claim that nosebleeds seats can be had for that price.

https://www.vividseats.com/concerts/far ... 55445.html

Ticket agencies and your example is a joke. Wanna meet me at FarmAid tomorrow? The most expensive ticket left for sale is $890. Cheapest is $79. THAT is my point. A Much better fundraiser/cause, that normal people can actually attend. (sad there are even tickets available for sale )
Again, the price for the tickets were $29.00 to $3,000.00. I read your post:

Post by runrussellrun » Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:08 am

NO, I am NOT against people making money. However, when you, and your spouse, illuminate the world with your positioning that the rich should give more, not take as much, etc, it's troubling that you charge $3,000 for tickets for a book tour. Way to go Michelle Obama. I guess the millions from a Nazi publishing house (true) isn't enough?

and I thought the ticket prices were all $3,000 to show up at Obama's book signing. I thought that was piggish so I decided to gather facts and found what I found. If some rich people want to take their $3,000 and give it to other richer people, that is there choice....... FarmAid.... I guess supply and demand and marginal utility are still valid economic concepts....there is always the communist economic system which you may favor....FarmAid is cheap because tRump cut them a check already........

Return to “POLITICS”