D3 Mens Lacrosse
Nothinbutthelax

Re: ODAC 2023

Post by Nothinbutthelax »

W&Lloser.. you put the A-s in class
W&LLover

Post by W&LLover »

Nothinbutthelax wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 11:59 am W&Lloser.. you put the A-s in class
It's a dog-eat-dog world Buttlax...just gotta be the bigger, more aggressive dog
Nothinbutthelax

Nipping at LYNs heals about to be run over by NOKE🧨
W&LLover

Post by W&LLover »

Nothinbutthelax wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 12:21 pm Nipping at LYNs heals about to be run over by NOKE🧨
There's something we can agree upon...would love to see NOKE run over LYN, but NOKE will be getting BENT over by my gennies and Rostan's tigers
Maconlaxdad3

Post by Maconlaxdad3 »

Had the opportunity to watch Aaron Coombs this summer at the Fredrick men’s league. He is a lethal two way middie has been working this offseason. Similar build to #7 on HSC last year. Look for Coombs and Jake Green to be the 1-2 punch this season.
Doahlaxcoombsbeast

Post by Doahlaxcoombsbeast »

Maconlaxdad3 wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 11:15 am Had the opportunity to watch Aaron Coombs this summer at the Fredrick men’s league. He is a lethal two way middie has been working this offseason. Similar build to #7 on HSC last year. Look for Coombs and Jake Green to be the 1-2 punch this season.
Thanks lax dad you’re a bro. I’m working on my left hand a lot. Thinking I can use it a lot against w&l this year. They don’t know what’s coming. Coombs out.
Maconlaxdad3

Post by Maconlaxdad3 »

Doahlaxcoombsbeast wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 12:16 pm
Maconlaxdad3 wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 11:15 am Had the opportunity to watch Aaron Coombs this summer at the Fredrick men’s league. He is a lethal two way middie has been working this offseason. Similar build to #7 on HSC last year. Look for Coombs and Jake Green to be the 1-2 punch this season.
Thanks lax dad you’re a bro. I’m working on my left hand a lot. Thinking I can use it a lot against w&l this year. They don’t know what’s coming. Coombs out.
No problem Aaron. PM me if you want to chat further!
Nothinbutthelax

LYN had quite the tests Saturday with Dickinson and York coming after a very competitive Alumni game.
Scores really mean nothing in these fall ball games. Read there sidelined starts, injuries and coaches always testing lines/players but.. LYN/Dickinson playing 1st game was probably the most competitive, hard fought. 2nd games for those teams = probably saw even more subs..
For LYN looks like attack starters were:
Rust #10 who returns and hopes takes on a bigger roll to carry and distribute. He was in Shadow of Lewis his last 2 years but certainly learned tons.
Charlie Evans- #50 Soph. from Severn Park Md. 6’1” 185 lbs lefty with a wicked shot. Suitable replacement of Ryan Kenny.
Logan Zimloch- #51 Sr. from St. Paul Md. 5’11” 175lbs. Had some injuries. He’s very talented and athletic and can be a QB.

If anyone was there would be interested to know:
How LYN attack looked
Was #2 Defense on field. Herni Marindin was a seater last year and a brutal close pole.. Zingo would be #1 cover guy and did well (again for reading other post). Hoping Marindin returned this year??
What # DM injured in Dickinson game? Read it may be ACL. If #33 Nestor it would be a big loss for the Hornets!
2laxers

Post by 2laxers »

Nothinbutthelax wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 12:08 pm LYN had quite the tests Saturday with Dickinson and York coming after a very competitive Alumni game.
Scores really mean nothing in these fall ball games. Read there sidelined starts, injuries and coaches always testing lines/players but.. LYN/Dickinson playing 1st game was probably the most competitive, hard fought. 2nd games for those teams = probably saw even more subs..
For LYN looks like attack starters were:
Rust #10 who returns and hopes takes on a bigger roll to carry and distribute. He was in Shadow of Lewis his last 2 years but certainly learned tons.
Charlie Evans- #50 Soph. from Severn Park Md. 6’1” 185 lbs lefty with a wicked shot. Suitable replacement of Ryan Kenny.
Logan Zimloch- #51 Sr. from St. Paul Md. 5’11” 175lbs. Had some injuries. He’s very talented and athletic and can be a QB.

If anyone was there would be interested to know:
How LYN attack looked
Was #2 Defense on field. Herni Marindin was a seater last year and a brutal close pole.. Zingo would be #1 cover guy and did well (again for reading other post). Hoping Marindin returned this year??
What # DM injured in Dickinson game? Read it may be ACL. If #33 Nestor it would be a big loss for the Hornets!
Rust did not play 1qtr of Dickinson game, but played 2nd and had a couple runs at mid. He also did not start vs. York, but came in around the 8 minute mark. The attack looked fine, think they are still trying to get use to each other.

Marindin is studying abroad and was not there. Zingo is the #1 cover not much question about that. They used a bunch poles with Zingo to see what was working. Darmino/Shuster were down there a couple times.

I think the DM was #8. Cole was the only DM who has played any significant minutes. I think someone said after Cole it was the 5th and 6th D mids on the depth charts playing.
Nothinbutthelax

Thanks for that color!

Is Marindin abroad for the semester and be back for spring. Hope so, He’s a beast and was #1 cover guy a few times last year when the match up was in his more.. physical favor..
So long as he’s back their back line will be much improved over last year.
Lots of athletes on LYN. DM seems to be where opportunity is to get in field.

I’m sure there was plenty of rotations but do you recall if #41 or #0 started in goal. How’s they look?
Asgot

Post by Asgot »

I thought that Lynchburg looked to be a tough scrappy bunch who played hard inside the lines and wanted to be physical. thought they played tough against Dickinson and York. York was playing the second of a back-to-back but Lynchburg's defense looked really solid and their goalie made some nice saves. The Hornets fogo was scrappy winning several face-off and giving them possessions in both games. When Lynchburg gets some of their kids back they will be a tough out. I did like the Zingo- Mayer match-up as they both played hard and looked to not give an inch to one another.
Nothinbutthelax

Thanks. Must have been a great day of lacrosse!
Always scrappy, they practice with purpose and always a prideful bunch. Hope the new Assistant can improve upon an already decent northeast Boston area pipeline of recruits.
notpaulrabil

Post by notpaulrabil »

Does anyone have early OPOY and DPOY candidates for this upcoming season?
ShenandoahLaxDad

Post by ShenandoahLaxDad »

Bert Macklin wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 9:50 am Personally I am excited for the ODAC season, I think it is wide open for the top four teams to win and here's why

- LYN is LYN favored to win every year. Bring back a lot but also lose a lot. Lewis and Kenney were top leading scorers; both gone now but, have some power in Wolfe and Mitchell. D should be solid and FOGO should make use of some steam he picked up on as season went on. Wonder what the goalie situation will be (I felt this is were they struggled last year). Coaching is also a factor and you don't find much better then the LYN staff

- W&L I think lost a lot of both sides of the ball but, always manage to bring in strong recruits and the d was very well coached last year. Lost a fantastic goalie and some key defense but, also return some. Defense won't be as strong as last but, I image they figure it out. What I feel is going to be the issue is offense, lost their key guys IMO.

- HSC is a team I feel won't get the credit they deserve going in. Last year was interesting for them and riddled with injuries (Hitt, Thompson, Saunders, Clagget) but, when they got it all together made it to the ODAC Championship. The most blaring issue going into the season is FOGO but, it looks like they have brought in some. Again they will be backed by a strong defense with All-conference and AA (Morgan) players everywhere and the offense is going to be more of a unit. Alot of young guys last year who now have a year playing with each other under their belt. I think they have a strong chance.

- Noke this year is a team I feel is similar to HSC have some strong returns and receipts to fill in pieces they needed. For them Kammermen is the rock. Best offensive player in the league IMO and one of the top attack men in the country. They can build around him and make some noise. Where they struggle is D and Fogo, need to fix that. You won't win an ODAC by being reliant on outscoring your opponent in a shootout. If they fix up the defense then it will definitely be interesting.

Just my two cents but, think the league is more open then its ever been recently.
Never understood why Noke continues to get pre season hype when they underperform every year. Yes, they return guys, and yes some of those guys have scored a fair amount of points. Pilot consistently will allow his starters to stay in games and stat pad their way to inflated stats. A number of his attack men have been products of this.

I said it last year and will say it again, Noke is not the same as they have been in past. I truly believe it is time for new blood at the head coaching position. Pilot is a historic and overall great coach, but just look at the results. They have been in 3/10 of the last ODAC ships and have won 1/10. That win was in 2013, will be 10 years ago this year. One or two years are down years, three years is a pattern.

Also, look at the amount of guys that they have transfer out that are potentially good players for them. These guys are playing early in their careers and they leave? That has got to tell you something. I understand that there are hundreds of reasons why kids may leave a school but if they truly loved the program and were playing early on, you'd think they'd want to stay.

I understand that because of his tenure Pilot will end things on his own terms but at some point you gotta start looking at the facts. This has realistically become a three team conference, possible two with LYN and W&L.
JustOneTime

Post by JustOneTime »

in the last three years I only know of 3 or 4 guys who have transferred out of Roanoke and I believe only one of those guys went on to play lacrosse somewhere else. They have had just as many guys transfer in. So ShenandoahLaxDad I don't think you really know all of the facts when you mention transfers. Roanoke is still a team with talented players and is a program that that should be respected. Yes, they have not dominated the ODAC as in the past but to say they have no shot is going way too far. Coach Pilot has many good years ahead and is not going anywhere anytime soon.
BigFella

Post by BigFella »

ShenandoahLaxDad wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 12:53 pm
Bert Macklin wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 9:50 am Personally I am excited for the ODAC season, I think it is wide open for the top four teams to win and here's why

- LYN is LYN favored to win every year. Bring back a lot but also lose a lot. Lewis and Kenney were top leading scorers; both gone now but, have some power in Wolfe and Mitchell. D should be solid and FOGO should make use of some steam he picked up on as season went on. Wonder what the goalie situation will be (I felt this is were they struggled last year). Coaching is also a factor and you don't find much better then the LYN staff

- W&L I think lost a lot of both sides of the ball but, always manage to bring in strong recruits and the d was very well coached last year. Lost a fantastic goalie and some key defense but, also return some. Defense won't be as strong as last but, I image they figure it out. What I feel is going to be the issue is offense, lost their key guys IMO.

- HSC is a team I feel won't get the credit they deserve going in. Last year was interesting for them and riddled with injuries (Hitt, Thompson, Saunders, Clagget) but, when they got it all together made it to the ODAC Championship. The most blaring issue going into the season is FOGO but, it looks like they have brought in some. Again they will be backed by a strong defense with All-conference and AA (Morgan) players everywhere and the offense is going to be more of a unit. Alot of young guys last year who now have a year playing with each other under their belt. I think they have a strong chance.

- Noke this year is a team I feel is similar to HSC have some strong returns and receipts to fill in pieces they needed. For them Kammermen is the rock. Best offensive player in the league IMO and one of the top attack men in the country. They can build around him and make some noise. Where they struggle is D and Fogo, need to fix that. You won't win an ODAC by being reliant on outscoring your opponent in a shootout. If they fix up the defense then it will definitely be interesting.

Just my two cents but, think the league is more open then its ever been recently.
Never understood why Noke continues to get pre season hype when they underperform every year. Yes, they return guys, and yes some of those guys have scored a fair amount of points. Pilot consistently will allow his starters to stay in games and stat pad their way to inflated stats. A number of his attack men have been products of this.

I said it last year and will say it again, Noke is not the same as they have been in past. I truly believe it is time for new blood at the head coaching position. Pilot is a historic and overall great coach, but just look at the results. They have been in 3/10 of the last ODAC ships and have won 1/10. That win was in 2013, will be 10 years ago this year. One or two years are down years, three years is a pattern.

Also, look at the amount of guys that they have transfer out that are potentially good players for them. These guys are playing early in their careers and they leave? That has got to tell you something. I understand that there are hundreds of reasons why kids may leave a school but if they truly loved the program and were playing early on, you'd think they'd want to stay.

I understand that because of his tenure Pilot will end things on his own terms but at some point you gotta start looking at the facts. This has realistically become a three team conference, possible two with LYN and W&L.
Great take laxdad - good to know Bill Pilat’s job status is at the top of your mind in October. I’m sure they’ll can him this year after 30+ years at the helm and more final fours than the other big 3 combined since 2002. I raise your “new blood” take with BP has had his team backed against the wall before and got it going in the right direction. He’s the most hated coach at the most hated school in the conference for a reason. Noke has a chance to be solid and it’ll be a tough conference to win. Isn’t Shenandoah a baseball school? Or this more reads like one of Rostan or Eugene’s graduates. DBMU
Marooned

Post by Marooned »

+1
richard

Post by richard »

Yup, last year there were people who wanted McCabe out at W&L. Or a while ago those who wanted Janczyk out at Gettysburg. It is all nonsense. These guys know how to coach. Players and parents are part timers at any school. If they’re there and all they do is complain then gtfo.
JPAtlantic

Post by JPAtlantic »

notpaulrabil wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 5:31 pm Does anyone have early OPOY and DPOY candidates for this upcoming season?
These are the non-senior all ODAC 1st team players from last season. I imagine they have the best shots at player of the year honors:

Luke Kammerman So. A Roanoke College
Nick Morgan Jr. D Hampden-Sydney College
Harris Hubbard Jr. D Washington and Lee University
Dom Zingo So. D University of Lynchburg
Matt Gallagher Jr. FO Washington and Lee University
Chris Darminio Jr. LSM University of Lynchburg
Riley Mitchell Jr. M University of Lynchburg
ConcordetoODAC

Post by ConcordetoODAC »

NIKE/USA LACROSSE
DIVISION III MEN’S PRESEASON TOP 20