D3 Mens Lacrosse
DeepPocket

Re: CNU 2023

Post by DeepPocket »

MAC - The SEC of DIII lacrosse.
Ol'Southlacrosse

Post by Ol'Southlacrosse »

Blckiechan96 wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 3:16 pm CNU will always be the beat loser to york. As far as Salisbury goes my little cousin has gone 4-4 against them the past 6 years. But CNU, classless fans and classless players. I was at the game not rooting for either or. personally don’t like either of the teams since I went to Salisbury. But york doesn’t talk trash, they are discipline and I respect that. My last two season we beat them twice and they beat us twice. I personally saw the mother screaming to injure the middie again, you would have to be Hellen Keller if you didn’t hear it or see it. As far as double penetration wheeler goes, his sons trash and I suggest he shut his mouth until CNU ever beats york again (which is not likely). I remember seeing that Linus looking kid #28 staring down york as the walked out talking trash and nodding his head at them. Then went on to scoring 0 goals on Kennedy (who actually played in the PLL) #GooseEgg
Im going to be honest I agree, can't stand CNU, I understand that they are by far a top team in the nation, but, get over the hump before you start acting like your Salisbury or Tufts, they win until they get to playoffs......get some class
Laxguy703

Post by Laxguy703 »

Ol'Southlacrosse wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:40 pm
Blckiechan96 wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 3:16 pm CNU will always be the beat loser to york. As far as Salisbury goes my little cousin has gone 4-4 against them the past 6 years. But CNU, classless fans and classless players. I was at the game not rooting for either or. personally don’t like either of the teams since I went to Salisbury. But york doesn’t talk trash, they are discipline and I respect that. My last two season we beat them twice and they beat us twice. I personally saw the mother screaming to injure the middie again, you would have to be Hellen Keller if you didn’t hear it or see it. As far as double penetration wheeler goes, his sons trash and I suggest he shut his mouth until CNU ever beats york again (which is not likely). I remember seeing that Linus looking kid #28 staring down york as the walked out talking trash and nodding his head at them. Then went on to scoring 0 goals on Kennedy (who actually played in the PLL) #GooseEgg
Im going to be honest I agree, can't stand CNU, I understand that they are by far a top team in the nation, but, get over the hump before you start acting like your Salisbury or Tufts, they win until they get to playoffs......get some class
I agree with you saying they can’t act like they are Salisbury or Tufts until they win something meaningful, but to say “they win until they get to the playoffs” is a bit judgmental.. they have made the final four and the elite 8 in the last 2 seasons. Most teams in the country outside of a few blue bloods would do anything for that.

I think people forget they are still a relatively new program that started in 2008.. If you look at all the top programs first 10-15 years, they were not hitting nearly as big of strides as CNU has been hitting.

I will say all this doesn’t mean anything until they win the big ring but if they keep recruiting the way they are and keep Mikey Thompson around then you’d be foolish to think they couldn’t win it all in the next 5-10 years.
MDlacrosse45

Post by MDlacrosse45 »

Think its well known across the D3 lacrosse world that CNU is about as classless as it gets. No surprise to hear that their parents act the same way while in the stands. CNU is the only perennial "top 10" team in the country that still trash talks lesser opponents when they are winning by 10+. They act as if they are the ones who have won 15+ National Championships when in reality they have never even made it to the big game. They watch from home every year and then come back the next year seeming to be talking more trash then the year before.

Its embarrassing for the University, staff, and alumni. But it all starts with the kind of players and families they recruit.....
JustOneTime

Post by JustOneTime »

I think it starts with the coaching. I have been to a few CNU games and have not heard the parents getting involved but I sure have heard the players acting classless. I'm aware that talking trash happens in most every game but the CNU players seem to amp it up a notch. Each game I was at you could hear it very clearly especially during the warm up before the game even starts. That is where the coaches can get more involved.
Laxguy703

Post by Laxguy703 »

MDlacrosse45 wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 10:35 am Think its well known across the D3 lacrosse world that CNU is about as classless as it gets. No surprise to hear that their parents act the same way while in the stands. CNU is the only perennial "top 10" team in the country that still trash talks lesser opponents when they are winning by 10+. They act as if they are the ones who have won 15+ National Championships when in reality they have never even made it to the big game. They watch from home every year and then come back the next year seeming to be talking more trash then the year before.

Its embarrassing for the University, staff, and alumni. But it all starts with the kind of players and families they recruit.....
You must of never seen Tufts play. I’ve witnessed multiple games where they’d be up by 15+ and their sidelines would still be chirping and doing their cellys like it was the 4th quarter of the Natty. Players talk trash… stop being so soft and get over it.

CNU has gotten their teeth kicked multiple times over the past few years and they’ve got sh*t talked for it. It’s part of the game and it’s what makes sports fun.
MDlacrosse45

Post by MDlacrosse45 »

Laxguy703 wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:31 am
MDlacrosse45 wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 10:35 am Think its well known across the D3 lacrosse world that CNU is about as classless as it gets. No surprise to hear that their parents act the same way while in the stands. CNU is the only perennial "top 10" team in the country that still trash talks lesser opponents when they are winning by 10+. They act as if they are the ones who have won 15+ National Championships when in reality they have never even made it to the big game. They watch from home every year and then come back the next year seeming to be talking more trash then the year before.

You must of never seen Tufts play. I’ve witnessed multiple games where they’d be up by 15+ and their sidelines would still be chirping and doing their cellys like it was the 4th quarter of the Natty. Players talk trash… stop being so soft and get over it.

CNU has gotten their teeth kicked multiple times over the past few years and they’ve got sh*t talked for it. It’s part of the game and it’s what makes sports fun.
Its weird, they never seem to say much when they play the real blue bloods of D3 lacrosse....
Jumbo

Post by Jumbo »

MDlacrosse45 wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 9:48 pm

Its weird, they never seem to say much when they play the real blue bloods of D3 lacrosse....
This should be interesting. Who are the “real blue bloods of D3”?
Laxguy703

Post by Laxguy703 »

Jumbo wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:55 am
MDlacrosse45 wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 9:48 pm

This should be interesting. Who are the “real blue bloods of D3”?
That’s a great question to think about and the only way I can really give my answer is in tiers.

I’d have to say Salisbury is the top blue blood and in their own tier. They have dominant for 30+ years and have by far the most championships(not counting Hobart)

Tier 2 is the teams that have been dominant over the past 20 years but don’t have that super deep history. In this tier I would put teams like RIT and Tufts. They are both going to be good for a while and are in the discussion for top D3 team every year.

Tier 3 are teams who have been dominant in the past but haven’t done much recently. This is where I’d put Middlebury, Cortland, Nazareth, Ohio Wesleyan and Washington College. They all have been historically dominant but just haven’t performed to that program standard in the past few years.

Lastly we have the teams that have been consistently good for a while but I just don’t know what tiers to put them in: Gettysburg, Lynchburg, Wesleyan, Stevenson, Cabrini.

It’s a tough question to think about and everyone is going to have their own opinion but that’s my best way of viewing it.
W&LLover

Post by W&LLover »

Chrisopher Newport Community College....terrible academics at a dry college. Who would want to go there? In Newport News too :lol:. Terrible people getting a terrible education, in a terrible part of Virginia. Only thing they got going for them going in to this season is their media guy...dude needs to get a raise having to deal with all the scumbag kids on the team begging to get their clips into the highlight reel.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

W&LLover wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 2:39 pm Chrisopher Newport Community College....terrible academics at a dry college. Who would want to go there?
Kids who wanna win lax games?

https://generalssports.com/sports/mens- ... core/19695
Laxguy703

Post by Laxguy703 »

W&LLover wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 2:39 pm Chrisopher Newport Community College....terrible academics at a dry college. Who would want to go there? In Newport News too :lol:. Terrible people getting a terrible education, in a terrible part of Virginia. Only thing they got going for them going in to this season is their media guy...dude needs to get a raise having to deal with all the scumbag kids on the team begging to get their clips into the highlight reel.
Love the troll grab here, W&LLover. Looking at your previous posts I think it’s pretty easy to tell you went to HSC and if that is actually the case then I wouldn’t be talking academics. I’d say kudos to you guys for having a wet campus, but your all dude circle j*rk parties kind of diminish that.

The ODAC is down bad and their fans are resorting to chirping CNU even though they know CNU has ran train on their top 5 the past 2 years(11-1 against Lyn, W&L, HSC, RC, RMC). I’d bet my life savings that this trend continues.
Jumbo

Post by Jumbo »

Laxguy703 wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 3:17 pm
W&LLover wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 2:39 pm Chrisopher Newport Community College....terrible academics at a dry college. Who would want to go there? In Newport News too :lol:. Terrible people getting a terrible education, in a terrible part of Virginia. Only thing they got going for them going in to this season is their media guy...dude needs to get a raise having to deal with all the scumbag kids on the team begging to get their clips into the highlight reel.
Love the troll grab here, W&LLover. Looking at your previous posts I think it’s pretty easy to tell you went to HSC and if that is actually the case then I wouldn’t be talking academics. I’d say kudos to you guys for having a wet campus, but your all dude circle j*rk parties kind of diminish that.

The ODAC is down bad and their fans are resorting to chirping CNU even though they know CNU has ran train on their top 5 the past 2 years(11-1 against Lyn, W&L, HSC, RC, RMC). I’d bet my life savings that this trend continues.
I don’t have a dog in this fight, but academically, HSC is head and shoulders above CNU. Lax …. Last 10 years they are even. CNU has a stronger team currently.
If you think HSC is a bunch of guys only , you are mistaken, Thursday-Sunday, HSC is packed with co-Ed’s from several schools.
lax1983

Post by lax1983 »

The fact people fight over academics is hilarious :D

Remember the A's work for the B's who work for the C's and the D's sit on the board.
Laxguy703

Post by Laxguy703 »

Jumbo wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 3:48 pm
Laxguy703 wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 3:17 pm

I don’t have a dog in this fight, but academically, HSC is head and shoulders above CNU. Lax …. Last 10 years they are even. CNU has a stronger team currently.
If you think HSC is a bunch of guys only , you are mistaken, Thursday-Sunday, HSC is packed with co-Ed’s from several schools.
What makes them even in lacrosse over the past 10 years? CNU is 8-2 against them, have made the tournament 3 times, been to a final four and two elite 8’s. Sydney won the ODAC once and got slaughtered in the tourney.(To be fair it was to an unreal Salisbury team, but still)

Oh and Longwood girls aren’t something to brag about :lol:
Asgot

Post by Asgot »

I disagree, Newport News and the surrounding areas are really nice and the school itself is beautiful, better than being in the middle of nowhere in Va.
InsiderRoll

Post by InsiderRoll »

Why is anyone acknowledging that post?
Jumbo

Post by Jumbo »

Asgot wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 5:40 pm
I disagree, Newport News and the surrounding areas are really nice and the school itself is beautiful, better than being in the middle of nowhere in Va.
Newport News is one of the most dangerous cities in va.
Laxguy703

Post by Laxguy703 »

Jumbo wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 6:29 pm
Asgot wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 5:40 pm
Newport News is one of the most dangerous cities in va.
Yeah but that’s more towards the Bordering Hampton area of Newport News(where no one from CNU goes near). All of the neighborhoods near CNU are pretty nice and there are some really really nice neighborhoods when you get closer to the water. You obviously haven’t been down to CNU if you think it’s a dangerous area lol.

In other news… just saw that the roster was posted: https://www.cnusports.com/sports/mens-l ... ?path=mlax

Looks like they bring back 6 AA’s from last year including 5th years Burke Widhelhm and Campbell Pozin. Really good senior class and pretty talented freshman class based off of the few names I know.
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

13 true senoirs, 4 fifth years, and 1 sixth year. Solid group of experience right there. Nice early roster release, hope some more pop up.
MAC - The SEC of DIII lacrosse.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”