watcherinthewoods

Re: Tiers in addition to Polls

Post by watcherinthewoods »

@inthe8m wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 3:40 pm tier 1: unc, bc
tier 2: <If you like piña coladas, And gettin' caught in the rain ..>
tier 3: nw, sb, jmu, cuse, mary, loyola
tier 4: uf, denver, prince, duke
tier 5: middlebury, f&m, salisbury, tcnj, spsg, glenelg
No LOVE for Queens? They are having quite a little season down there in Charlotte!
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

watcherinthewoods wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 3:57 pm
No LOVE for Queens? They are having quite a little season down there in Charlotte!
They are! D2 still the ugly stepsister though
@inthe8m

Post by @inthe8m »

I took it under consideration. But, I am one of those snobs that would rather see a kid go D3 and get a fantastic education rather than wander into the wasteland that is D2.
Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest you be like him yourself.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Re: Updated Tiers 4/14

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

laxer12 wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 2:57 pm Haha you seem to contradict yourself far more than you realize. You stated previously that you thought Northwestern was a better team than Syracuse SOLELY because NU won the head to head against them in overtime… totally disregarding anything that occurred in the game that lead to that result… all you cared about was the result. Now you’re stating that even though the SU and UNC matchup was a two-goal result and the game was just about as close as it possibly could be either way, you state that it’s not solely about the numbers; that the stats don’t relay the whole story of how a game went. That somehow UNC was by far the better team that day. You can’t have it both ways. Either take everything into account (the eye test and statistical evidence) or pick one standard to go by. You always seem to seize the opportunity when one arises to unfairly criticize Syracuse or just disregard them altogether.
I wouldn’t put it past me. After all, I am human. My opinions change and my rationale changes—from player to player and game to game sometimes. It’s sports. I endeavor to be fair and objective but sometimes a personal bias will creep in. Sometimes I enjoy my personal biases. All part of being a member of the human race.

And again, I invite you to post your own tiers and the discussion will grow.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

@inthe8m wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 4:05 pm
I took it under consideration. But, I am one of those snobs that would rather see a kid go D3 and get a fantastic education rather than wander into the wasteland that is D2.
I don't think it is quite the wasteland you are portraying it as - and already in wlax you have Lindenwood and Stonehill starting with D1 schedules next year as they make the transition up. Queens is, according to all my sources, going to move up as well, but as of yet has not made the announcement.
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

Are you referring to D2 as an academic wasteland or an athletic one? Or both?
Bart

Post by Bart »

I have to agree with you...that may be one of the snobbiest posts I have read here in quite some time. Congrats.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Bart wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 6:01 pm
I have to agree with you...that may be one of the snobbiest posts I have read here in quite some time. Congrats.
Yep, the Jesuits at Lemoyne would have a rueful chuckle at that post.
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

I like this ^^^^ can I add York?
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

I appreciate the inclusion of SPSG but you have them too low. :lol:
@inthe8m

Post by @inthe8m »

Academics is important to me. But, my father also reminded me rather frequently that ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiRGRvE_Wqg
@inthe8m

Post by @inthe8m »

Dr. Tact wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 7:13 pm
Sure, you can. I had them under consideration, but the goal differential in the loss to Gettysburg gave me pause. York has a chance to displace Salisbury if they win the head to head this weekend.
@inthe8m

Post by @inthe8m »

hmmm wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:55 pm
I appreciate the inclusion of SPSG but you have them too low. :lol:
I have some concerns about their third line attack players - otherwise, they would have been in tier 4.
Bart

Post by Bart »

@inthe8m wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 9:45 pm
Academics is important to me. But, my father also reminded me rather frequently that ...

Ha. Doubling down. Nice. But since I graduated from one of those type of D3 schools and currently work at a D3 school that prides itself on its academics I can assure you there are ditch diggers, as you say, at almost all schools. Education is what you make of it whether you are at a snobitorium in the north east or a crappy D2 school. Lots of liberal arts D3 graduates working at Starbucks. The most important aspect at any school is the intellectual curiosity of the particular student. You get out of it what you put in.
@inthe8m

Post by @inthe8m »

Bart wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 10:00 pm

Ha. Doubling down. Nice. But since I graduated from one of those type of D3 schools and currently work at a D3 school that prides itself on its academics I can assure you there are ditch diggers, as you say, at almost all schools. Education is what you make of it whether you are at a snobitorium in the north east or a crappy D2 school. Lots of liberal arts D3 graduates working at Starbucks. The most important aspect at any school is the intellectual curiosity of the particular student. You get out of it what you put in.
Agree 100%. I just could not pass up the opportunity to inject a Caddyshack reference.
Bart

Post by Bart »

@inthe8m wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 10:10 pm
Bart wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 10:00 pm

Agree 100%. I just could not pass up the opportunity to inject a Caddyshack reference.
Absolutely nothing wrong with a Caddyshack reference. It was well played.
laxer12

Post by laxer12 »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 4:18 pm
laxer12 wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 2:57 pm Haha you seem to contradict yourself far more than you realize. You stated previously that you thought Northwestern was a better team than Syracuse SOLELY because NU won the head to head against them in overtime… totally disregarding anything that occurred in the game that lead to that result… all you cared about was the result. Now you’re stating that even though the SU and UNC matchup was a two-goal result and the game was just about as close as it possibly could be either way, you state that it’s not solely about the numbers; that the stats don’t relay the whole story of how a game went. That somehow UNC was by far the better team that day. You can’t have it both ways. Either take everything into account (the eye test and statistical evidence) or pick one standard to go by. You always seem to seize the opportunity when one arises to unfairly criticize Syracuse or just disregard them altogether.
I wouldn’t put it past me. After all, I am human. My opinions change and my rationale changes—from player to player and game to game sometimes. It’s sports. I endeavor to be fair and objective but sometimes a personal bias will creep in. Sometimes I enjoy my personal biases. All part of being a member of the human race.

Great -- so you admit you're biased against Syracuse. Glad we got that resolved.

I post (in order) whom I think are the best teams every week in the fanlax forum poll. That is enough for me.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

laxer12 wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 12:20 pm

Great -- so you admit you're biased against Syracuse. Glad we got that resolved.

I post (in order) whom I think are the best teams every week in the fanlax forum poll. That is enough for me.
Uh, no. If you read the entirety of what I wrote instead of cherry picking what you think I believe, then you would realize that your conclusion is unfounded.
laxer12

Post by laxer12 »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 12:29 pm
laxer12 wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 12:20 pm

Uh, no. If you read the entirety of what I wrote instead of cherry picking what you think I believe, then you would realize that your conclusion is unfounded.
My conclusion has been founded upon your innumerable posts that either criticize, disregard, or disparage Syracuse's players, program, and head coaches.
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

@inthe8m wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 9:48 pm
Dr. Tact wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 7:13 pm
Sure, you can. I had them under consideration, but the goal differential in the loss to Gettysburg gave me pause. York has a chance to displace Salisbury if they win the head to head this weekend.
I was just teasing.....the game tomorrow will be tough. I think Salisbury wins by 6

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”