2022 Midterms

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
a fan

Re: 2022 Midterms

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:28 pm
As to the midterms, which is really my only interest, the losses that Democrats are about to suffer will be of such historic proportions that historians will mark this year as the year when America finally turned, Latinos, moms with school kids, and every wage earner in America are turning Republican. It’s glorious. I’m so elated about the long term future of this country I can not stand it.
Still enamored with those little R's are ya, Pete?

What did four years of Trump do? Rich got richer. Poor got poorer. Infrastructure falling apart. Rampant inflation, particularly in housing.

DeSantis wins and.....he's going to change things....how, Pete?

You still (snicker) think that little R is going to change things. Hilarious.

Here's one for you, Pete......how do you fix the teacher crisis in your State, and nationally? They're tired of being underworked, underpaid, and being treated like a political football..they're all quitting. What's the Republican plan to right the ship, so we don't lose another generation of Americans to sh*t K-12 education?

In Florida, teacher vacancies this year increased by more than 67% compared with August 2020, and a 38.7% increase from August 2019.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/ ... rd-numbers
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

a fan wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 3:23 pm
As to the midterms, which is really my only interest, the losses that Democrats are about to suffer will be of such historic proportions that historians will mark this year as the year when America finally turned, Latinos, moms with school kids, and every wage earner in America are turning Republican. It’s glorious. I’m so elated about the long term future of this country I can not stand it.

What did four years of Trump do? Rich got richer. Poor got poorer. Infrastructure falling apart. Rampant inflation, particularly in housing.

Here's one for you, Pete......how do you fix the teacher crisis in your State, and nationally? They're tired of being underworked, underpaid, and being treated like a political football..they're all quitting. What's the Republican plan to right the ship, so we don't lose another generation of Americans to sh*t K-12 education?

In Florida, teacher vacancies this year increased by more than 67% compared with August 2020, and a 38.7% increase from August 2019.

I get the honor of meeting some Republican candidates from all over the country who fly into Florida looking for cash. This new crew ain’t your old Republican crew. It’s going to shock people on January of 2023 when they take their seats. Even Kevin McCarthy has no clue what’s in store; he’s in denial thinking he can corral these people (he can’t). Imagine 50 Boeberts and MTG’s, not just 2. But more polished.

You keep thinking it’s the old days, but the old days are numbered. Republicans aren’t playing around anymore starting January.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

I've been told that ignoring him is the best policy...he only leads one down the rathole of exageraggition, misinformation, disinformation and outright lies. Straight troll and it's already begun. But hey, he's been wrong on every single prediction he's made on these threads to date, let's hope he continues to be wrong. (I don't mind if Gilead eventually gets back to $84 which was his "buy" point and I don't mind if Loyola wins a Championship, but his predictions of right wing domination, well let's hope that's more mere circle jerk fantasy material for him and some other posters)
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:41 pm

I've been told that ignoring him is the best policy...he only leads one down the rathole of exageraggition, misinformation, disinformation and outright lies. Straight troll and it's already begun. But hey, he's been wrong on every single prediction he's made on these threads to date, let's hope he continues to be wrong. (I don't mind if Gilead eventually gets back to $84 which was his "buy" point and I don't mind if Loyola wins a Championship, but his predictions of right wing domination, well let's hope that's more mere circle jerk fantasy material for him and some other posters)
Dissemination of the information is akin to this dance routine try around 2-2:15 min mark. Especially from 2:45-3:00

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iFIzH84-WOA
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Bart

Post by Bart »

So don't respond. So predictable........................ It is hilarious.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Bart wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:58 am

So don't respond. So predictable........................ It is hilarious.
It’s like my son (9) last night. Increasingly likes spicier stuff so I busted out some new bottles of hot sauce for taco Tuesday and he pours some of the habanero on his plate. Dipping his finger in then I see the classic goofy smile, head down laughing because it’s hotter than he anticipated. Half laughing half crying he goes “it’s really hot but I can’t stop”
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

We are now up to 29 Democrats formally announcing that they are retiring after this term. Informally, the number is 34. The predictions are that up to 45 ultimately will resign.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/why-house- ... -election/

But absolutely the best news yesterday by far is that Nancy Pelosi announced she’s running yet again!!! 😂😂

You might assume that any human being at the age of 81 today but 82 on January 20 2023, botoxed beyond recognition, verbally stammering after a half-glass of wine, already having purchased a retirement home in ‘fascist’ Florida 😂, might want to spend their remaining days doing something more wholesome than being DC’s Queen of Tammany Hall, feeding her husband inside information on laws which he then uses to inside trade for his portfolio. Maybe spend time with grandkids, I dunno.

Nancy will be the Republicans entire advertising blitz. What a corrupt, elitist, totalitarian sleazeball Nancy Pelosi has sadly become.

Democrats are earning their epic rout every single day. The betting now is 300 Republican House seats. Glorious.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Texas #38 Houston has a great young black Republican candidate, Wesley Hunt. Total stud, you’ll be hearing more from him.

https://wesleyfortexas.com/

Army helo pilot. Very conservative. Great family. Business minded.

Gonna win. Easily raising money.

You’re seeing great, incredibly impressive young black men like Wesley and Byron Donalds of Florida rise up to leadership roles.

The parties are changing folks…get on board with winners.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

... another Kim Klacik. :lol: :lol: Speaking of which how are her and Candace getting along these days? When does it go to trial?
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

jhu72 wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 6:48 pm ... another Kim Klacik. :lol: :lol: Speaking of which how are her and Candace getting along these days? When does it go to trial?
Took a look at his website and indeed he's a flaming idiot, regardless of whatever positives in his bio...ala Kim...watched some really idiotic statements in a piece on Fox News re COVID... "we don't need boosters, we need a booster wall" turning the topic to illegal immigration and "the wall"...but hey, he's endorsed by Ronny Jackson, so he has that...
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:04 pm
jhu72 wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 6:48 pm ... another Kim Klacik. :lol: :lol: Speaking of which how are her and Candace getting along these days? When does it go to trial?
Took a look at his website and indeed he's a flaming idiot, regardless of whatever positives in his bio...ala Kim...watched some really idiotic statements in a piece on Fox News re COVID... "we don't need boosters, we need a booster wall" turning the topic to illegal immigration and "the wall"...but hey, he's endorsed by Ronny Jackson, so he has that...

Wesley Hunt, who is running for the GOP nomination in Texas’ 38th District, hauled in more than $1 million in the most recent fundraising quarter and holds $1.5 million in the bank.

That seven-figure sum, which Hunt and his campaign shared first with CQ Roll Call ahead of a Monday filing deadline, puts the Army veteran, who is Black, in the top tier of congressional fundraisers. He’s part of a growing Republican roster of House or Senate candidates or incumbents who are people of color raising eye-popping sums.

Even as some Democrats, including President Joe Biden, have attacked the GOP as the party of Jim Crow 2.0 for opposition to bills to strengthen voting rights and overhaul elections nationwide, some of the Republican Party’s rising fundraising stars are people of color, many of whom, like Hunt, take issue with Democrats’ messaging.

https://www.rollcall.com/2022/01/27/ami ... or-thrive/
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Wesley Hunt actually lost (by over 8 points) in his last election (same opponent in 2020 as this year, but now in a new district).
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

Reminds me of this ditty...

MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

This is indeed the playbook for the GOP, get ambitious candidates who are willing to say or do absolutely anything in fealty to the party/Trump, make extreme statements on whatever hot button wedge issues, and raise money in response.

They like being able to point out that they are willing to support a very few candidates of color and women if they are extreme right enough.

We're not talking Tim Scott, William Brooke, Gary Franks, JC Watts, William Hurd or even Mia Love...these are Byron Donalds and Kim Klacik style candidates. Flame throwers. Former NFL player Burgess Owens tacked hard right and pro-Trump to win his campaign, but has been more moderate once elected...I suspect he'll tack hard right again as it becomes demanded in order to stay an R.

https://history.house.gov/Exhibitions-a ... -Congress/
Last edited by MDlaxfan76 on Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 12:04 am Reminds me of this ditty...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ezHeVkITwxw
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:05 am This is indeed the playbook for the GOP, get ambitious candidates who are willing to say or do absolutely anything in fealty to the party/Trump, make extreme statements on whatever hot button wedge issues, and raise money in response.

They like being able to point out that they are willing to support a very few candidates of color and women if they are extreme right enough.

We're not talking Tim Scott, William Brooke, Gary Franks, JC Watts, William Hurd or even Mia Love...these are Donald Byron and Kim Klacik style candidates. Flame throwers. Former NFL player Burgess Owens tacked hard right and pro-Trump to win his campaign, but has been more moderate once elected...I suspect he'll tack hard right again as it becomes demanded in order to stay an R.

https://history.house.gov/Exhibitions-a ... -Congress/

If you’re going to comment on someone, you should probably get their name right. It’s Byron Donalds, not “Donald Byron”. Also, he wasn’t born with a silver spoon; here read his biography, it might cause you to delete your post:

https://donalds.house.gov/about/

Also, what libs don’t grasp (because they’re stuck in their echo chamber) is just how many POC, Latinos, and Asians are turning to the Republican party which embraces family values, safety, and the economy.

Here’s my other favorite, John James from Michigan, a guy who could easily be president of the United States. John is a remarkable guy and should’ve defeated one of the Senate’s most noxious, most despicable Democrats Gary Peters, just the lowest of lowlife dbags. John is the opposite of Peters; John James is simply the most pleasant and accomplished human being you will ever meet:

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/ ... 037505002/

In case anyone reading this thinks MD knows what he’s saying (‘just a few POC as Republicans’), read this as well. There’s a groundswell of change, and you will see that this Fall:

https://www.mlive.com/public-interest/2 ... -that.html

This country has never had more promise than today. And part of that reason is the movement above,
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

We know the playbook.

And Donalds has been previously discussed, ambitious flamer.

It's too bad that getting attention in the GOP requires such flaming idiocy.
"Freedom Force", constantly tweeting about "socialism", voted to reject electors from PA and AZ.

James has lost twice for Senate, once to Stabenow in 2018, then to Peters in 2020, and then made unsubstantiated claims of election fraud after losing in 2020, refusing to concede for 3 weeks, Trump playbook. Was a Cruz supporter, then Trump (though like so many, he'd previously been highly critical of Trump in recordings of private communications). Trump endorsed.

Wants to repeal ACA.

During his 2020 campaign, James declined to take specific positions on a number of policy questions, including how the Social Security Trust Fund would be protected from the impact of a payroll tax cut, whether the Senate should vote to confirm a new Supreme Court justice to fill the vacancy created by the death of Ruth Bader Ginsburg before or after the 2020 presidential election, or whether he thinks military bases named for Confederate generals should be renamed.[42][50][51]

I mean seriously, no position on bases named for Confederate generals???
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:02 am We know the playbook.

And Donalds has been previously discussed, ambitious flamer.

It's too bad that getting attention in the GOP requires such flaming idiocy.
"Freedom Force", constantly tweeting about "socialism", voted to reject electors from PA and AZ.

James has lost twice for Senate, once to Stabenow in 2018, then to Peters in 2020, and then made unsubstantiated claims of election fraud after losing in 2020, refusing to concede for 3 weeks, Trump playbook. Was a Cruz supporter, then Trump (though like so many, he'd previously been highly critical of Trump in recordings of private communications). Trump endorsed.

Wants to repeal ACA.

During his 2020 campaign, James declined to take specific positions on a number of policy questions, including how the Social Security Trust Fund would be protected from the impact of a payroll tax cut, whether the Senate should vote to confirm a new Supreme Court justice to fill the vacancy created by the death of Ruth Bader Ginsburg before or after the 2020 presidential election, or whether he thinks military bases named for Confederate generals should be renamed.[42][50][51]

I mean seriously, no position on bases named for Confederate generals???

You’re not a fan of Dr. Lapado, now not a fan of Byron Donalds. Interesting….

(Bart: I’m doing my best for you, man! :lol: )

In any event, Byron is an ‘ambitious flamer’? That’s all? You do know this ambitious flamer was raised by a single mom in the Bronx, and somehow managed to become this rather impressive, accomplished patriotic American family man who is supported by everyone he meets? I think he won re-election by like 30 or 40 points.

Can you at least give him credit for successfully navigating tremendously bad societal odds at birth? That seems the least one should do when discussing Byron Donalds, assuming of course you were not raised in similar predicaments.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:50 am If you’re going to comment on someone, you should probably get their name right. It’s Byron Donalds, not “Donald Byron”. Also, he wasn’t born with a silver spoon; here read his biography, it might cause you to delete your post:

https://donalds.house.gov/about/

Also, what libs don’t grasp (because they’re stuck in their echo chamber) is just how many POC, Latinos, and Asians are turning to the Republican party which embraces family values, safety, and the economy.
For a guy who swears he doesn't like politicians.....you sure do know a lot about them, and spend a lot of time with them.

All this tells me is that you're part of the system. And the Republicans line your pockets....and the pockets of your business.

Good for you. Enjoy the grift, I guess.
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

"Family Values"?? The Republicon Party of 2022??? Now, THAT's a real HOOT! :lol: :lol:

Who's the titular head of that party again? Mr. Family Values?? :shock:

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes

Return to “POLITICS”