Election Reform

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
ggait

Re: Election Reform

Post by ggait »

Who cares if we prevent 10,000 lawful voters from voting, so long as we can stop that one guy (who maybe doesn't even exist actually and is most likely a Trumper anyway) from improperly voting.

Well, that's OK so long as the 10,000 are folks who vote Dem (POCs, young folks, etc.).

That's basically what the GOP stands for. As they work furiously to erase scourges like Sunday voting, drop boxes, automatic DMV voter registration and no excuse mail-in voting.

All of which have existed in many states for years and were fine. Until Dems started using those things in quantity in 2020.

TL/DR: "Fraud" is a synonym for "valid Dem votes."
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

We have found the voter fraud. It’s the GOP.

Republican Judge Tomas ‘Tommy’ Ramirez III was arrested along with three other people on 150 counts of voter fraud. They’re accused of multiple charges including ballot harvesting at nursing homes in South Texas.

https://lawsintexas.com/republican-judg ... legations/
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

CU88 wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:38 am We have found the voter fraud. It’s the GOP.

Republican Judge Tomas ‘Tommy’ Ramirez III was arrested along with three other people on 150 counts of voter fraud. They’re accused of multiple charges including ballot harvesting at nursing homes in South Texas.

I was reading your link....and at the bottom there's an advert for fundraising for the indicted judge, the subject of the article! Was that just in my feed or is this in everyone's???
CU88

Post by CU88 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:25 am
CU88 wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:38 am We have found the voter fraud. It’s the GOP.

I was reading your link....and at the bottom there's an advert for fundraising for the indicted judge, the subject of the article! Was that just in my feed or is this in everyone's???
LOL, I saw it also.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

Though courts across the country found no evidence of fraud in 2020 election, bills to limit voting rights have since been filed in 33 Republican-dominated state legislatures. Now SCOTUS is hearing a case that could green light these bills.

https://www.npr.org/2021/03/02/97072942 ... reme-court
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

I believe it is perfectly logical for the federal government to establish national guidelines that assure everyone has the chance to vote. This does not have to infringe on how states run their elections. The states should be given plenty of leeway to run their elections in a manner that guarantees everybody the right to vote and the opportunity to vote in every election. If the state is not following the guidelines for how to run a national election then they should face any consequences. The fly in the ointment would be what type of guidelines would the feds propose. It does not have to be all that complicated.
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
ggait

Post by ggait »

We had that. It was called the Voting Rights Act.

Worked great for 50 years. Huge bipartisan support.

Then was taken out by SCOTUS. And blocked from restoration by solely the GOP.

It isn’t complicated. GOP is opposed to having Dem demographics vote. It is 110% on the GOP alone.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

A minority is now ruling the country...
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

CU88 wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:51 am A minority is now ruling the country...
... not exactly new. Been going on for some time now.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
a fan

Post by a fan »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:07 am I believe it is perfectly logical for the federal government to establish national guidelines that assure everyone has the chance to vote. This does not have to infringe on how states run their elections. The states should be given plenty of leeway to run their elections in a manner that guarantees everybody the right to vote and the opportunity to vote in every election. If the state is not following the guidelines for how to run a national election then they should face any consequences. The fly in the ointment would be what type of guidelines would the feds propose. It does not have to be all that complicated.
Yes, but if you do that, and make it so that everyone has fair and reasonably equal elections? Republicans will lose elections.

And we can't have that, now can't we?
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

a fan wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:13 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:07 am I believe it is perfectly logical for the federal government to establish national guidelines that assure everyone has the chance to vote. This does not have to infringe on how states run their elections. The states should be given plenty of leeway to run their elections in a manner that guarantees everybody the right to vote and the opportunity to vote in every election. If the state is not following the guidelines for how to run a national election then they should face any consequences. The fly in the ointment would be what type of guidelines would the feds propose. It does not have to be all that complicated.
Yes, but if you do that, and make it so that everyone has fair and reasonably equal elections? Republicans will lose elections.

I am probably dumb enough to think that the Republicans are perfectly capable of getting their people to vote. It is pretty stupid to try and stop the other side. You should worry about what your party can control. :)
a fan

Post by a fan »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:25 pm

I am probably dumb enough to think that the Republicans are perfectly capable of getting their people to vote. It is pretty stupid to try and stop the other side. You should worry about what your party can control. :)
As GGait has pointed out, Colorado isn't run by the stupid partisan nutjobs. At least not yet.

So we don't have gerrymandered districts. And voting is easy, secure. Result? I can vote for D's or R's on the ballot without enabling extremists from either party.

As it should be.
ggait

Post by ggait »

The solutions are easy and obvious. But to implement those obvious solutions, you can't have the rat-forkers running the process.

As Fan correctly points out, CO has banned partisan gerry-mandering. Given the large number of independents out here in the West, the CO voters overwhelmingly told the rat-forkers (mostly GOP, but some Dems) to pound sand.

Our lines (congress and legislature) get drawn by an independent commission. 12 members -- 4R, 4D, 4I. Approval of any map requires 8 votes (including two Is). Done! Problem solved!

So simple. You just can't have the shrinking scurrilous minority party hijacking the system to retain waning power in its cold dead hands.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Now you just have to redraw the lines to put that gun lovin’ Barbie doll in the western part of your state out of business.

Boggles my mind that you can have someone like her, but then two of the best representatives in the House in Jason Crow and Joe Neguse.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

This exchange just happened at SCOTUS oral arguments today

Justice Barrett: What is the interest of the GOP in keeping (laws that suppress minority voters) on the books?

Republican Lawyer: It puts us at a competitive disadvantage relative to Democrats. Politics is a zero-sum game

Case is Brnovich v. Democratic National Committee

Saying the Republican plan out loud in court
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

How did that work out in the Georgia senate runoff elections?
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:32 pm

How did that work out in the Georgia senate runoff elections?
It worked out that the Dems worked harder and got their voters out to the polls. Having dump trying to help the republican cause made things even worse.
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

Kismet wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:31 pm This exchange just happened at SCOTUS oral arguments today

Justice Barrett: What is the interest of the GOP in keeping (laws that suppress minority voters) on the books?

Republican Lawyer: It puts us at a competitive disadvantage relative to Democrats. Politics is a zero-sum game

Case is Brnovich v. Democratic National Committee

Saying the Republican plan out loud in court
Republican voters: "What's the problem?"
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Figured this fit best in the thread.....enthralling article, displaying how our elections are influenced, regardless of who is in office. The very sad part.....it highlights what we all knew anyway, it's about money and power:

Andy Khawaja: ‘the whistleblower’
Andy Khawaja is charged with campaign finance violations. He says there’s a bigger story
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 7:46 am Figured this fit best in the thread.....enthralling article, displaying how our elections are influenced, regardless of who is in office. The very sad part.....it highlights what we all knew anyway, it's about money and power:

Andy Khawaja: ‘the whistleblower’
Andy Khawaja is charged with campaign finance violations. He says there’s a bigger story

Fascinating article. Not sure what to make of this guy.

Return to “POLITICS”