The 2024 Election Cycle

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
foreverlax

Re: The 2024 Election Cycle

Post by foreverlax »

youthathletics wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:02 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:49 am
ABV 8.3% wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:45 am TLD, where you part of the OHIO jock bullies that booed this great band off the stage, in OHIO. nah, threw beer bottles at them. Oh, right, you didn't drink, but the one time, in HIGH school

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYwL3SmcnB4

Dog Town did this song justice.......
No. I liked some of their music. I have a wide palate for music but really for the last 30+ years its been pretty much just jazz as my focus. I have thousands of jazz albums. Probably around 2,500. I will listen to other stuff here and there but if I am going to really devote an effort to listen, it’s going to be jazz. Maybe I will see you at Wally’s if it survives....
Best music to come out of OSU...although, roots are from Maryland 8-) Have family related to front man Marc Roberge. was able to spend time with him back stage last summer at Merriweather Post Pavilion. We chatted about the roots of their sound which hits many genres of music like... DC go-go, reggae, jazz, and then some.

Hey these guys are great!!! Thanks!!
old salt

Post by old salt »

foreverlax wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:59 am
old salt wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:41 pm Yesterday, on MSNBC, when introducing a past video clip of Trump, Wallace described Trump as " several pounds, & a few shades of hair color ago".

Imagine the outrage if anyone said that about her or any woman politician or reporter.

Regarding fraternization -- any time you see a military officer relieved of duty because of "loss of confidence". That's usually the cause.
You sure spend a lot of time watching her and MSNBC...considering how little regard you have for her and her employer.
I record it on my dvr, >>> through it while reading the banners, then stop when it looks interesting.
I find it amusing. Yesterday Nicolle was so spooled up over the Russian hack that Natasha (DoE "scoop") actually calmed her down.
I still enjoy some of her guests like Chuck Rosenberg, Michael Steele & John Podhoretz.
I've enjoyed watching Steve Schmidt & Rick Wilson in their descent into madness. FBI Frank Fig's gone off the deep end.
I still >>>scan Brian Williams too. I enjoy his dramatic intro & always liked him as a newsreader & he still plays at it,
plus he gets retired military guys & former spooks & asks them endearing suck up questions.
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

old salt wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:57 pm
foreverlax wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:59 am
old salt wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:41 pm Yesterday, on MSNBC, when introducing a past video clip of Trump, Wallace described Trump as " several pounds, & a few shades of hair color ago".

Imagine the outrage if anyone said that about her or any woman politician or reporter.

Regarding fraternization -- any time you see a military officer relieved of duty because of "loss of confidence". That's usually the cause.
You sure spend a lot of time watching her and MSNBC...considering how little regard you have for her and her employer.
I record it on my dvr, >>> through it while reading the banners, then stop when it looks interesting.
I find it amusing. Yesterday Nicolle was so spooled up over the Russian hack that Natasha (DoE "scoop") actually calmed her down.
I still enjoy some of her guests like Chuck Rosenberg, Michael Steele & John Podhoretz.
I've enjoyed watching Steve Schmidt & Rick Wilson in their descent into madness. FBI Frank Fig's gone off the deep end.
I still >>>scan Brian Williams too. I enjoy his dramatic intro & always liked him as a newsreader & he still plays at it,
plus he gets retired military guys & former spooks & asks them endearing suck up questions.
As I said.....it's your time, waste it as you will.
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

‘He’s clearly laying groundwork’: Hawley paves 2024 path

His "path" seems to clearly involve coddling and validating insurrectionism...

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

dislaxxic wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:49 am ‘He’s clearly laying groundwork’: Hawley paves 2024 path

Read the Danforth interview.

I think yesterday's vote by the No Courage Caucus is telling. The GOP in the House is effectively three groups: The "Freedom Caucus" and MAGA crazies; the narrow group of what are now called moderates, who voted to recognize the results of the election and, some of them, to impeach Trump (Kinzinger, Cheney); and a group of indeterminate invertabrates (McCarthy), who float through life trying not to offend, keep their jobs, stay close to the spigot. And gerrymandering still gives them a chance in 2022 to take a majority in the House. Imagine Kevin McCarthy as the Speaker.
njbill

Post by njbill »

He should save his time and money. With that Goober Pyle face, he has zero chance of winning the nomination, let alone the election.

Ted Cruz has won the prize for most hated politician in the country for several years running now. Hawley will give him a run for his money the next time they vote on that.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

seacoaster wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:17 am
dislaxxic wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:49 am ‘He’s clearly laying groundwork’: Hawley paves 2024 path

I think yesterday's vote by the No Courage Caucus is telling. The GOP in the House is effectively three groups: The "Freedom Caucus" and MAGA crazies; the narrow group of what are now called moderates, who voted to recognize the results of the election and, some of them, to impeach Trump (Kinzinger, Cheney); and a group of indeterminate invertabrates (McCarthy), who float through life trying not to offend, keep their jobs, stay close to the spigot. And gerrymandering still gives them a chance in 2022 to take a majority in the House. Imagine Kevin McCarthy as the Speaker.
I loved your line about floating through life not trying to offend anyone. Isn't that exactly what Democrats want Republicans to do? I mean Republicans offend Democrats by simply being Republicans. :D
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

njbill wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:20 am He should save his time and money. With that Goober Pyle face, he has zero chance of winning the nomination, let alone the election.

Ted Cruz has won the prize for most hated politician in the country for several years running now. Hawley will give him a run for his money the next time they vote on that.
Goober?? I'm sure you meant Gomer. ;)
Bob Ross:
njbill

Post by njbill »

Oh, really? Didn’t know that about him. Not that there’s anything wrong with that.

Edit: actually looking at the pictures of the two of them again, yeah, he is more of a Gomer.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:22 am

I loved your line about floating through life not trying to offend anyone. Isn't that exactly what Democrats want Republicans to do? I mean Republicans offend Democrats by simply being Republicans. :D
I mean not offending anyone in their caucus. McCarthy does a calypso dance every day to placate the Crazies, and remain relatable to the "Moderates," and the result is the Floater Sub-Caucus.

Republicans didn't offend me until they (forgive me) swallowed Trump; before Trump, Republicans were people with whom I disagreed about policy and the scope and importance of government. But now, Republicans don't stand for anything except "owning the libs."
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

seacoaster wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:32 am

I mean not offending anyone in their caucus. McCarthy does a calypso dance every day to placate the Crazies, and remain relatable to the "Moderates," and the result is the Floater Sub-Caucus.

Republicans didn't offend me until they (forgive me) swallowed Trump; before Trump, Republicans were people with whom I disagreed about policy and the scope and importance of government. But now, Republicans don't stand for anything except "owning the libs."
Swallowed Trump??? :o now there is a metaphor for you. :lol:
Bob Ross:
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:35 am

Does that make the GOP the whale while Trumpy is Jonah? :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

I don’t think the forgive me is necessary until you follow “Swallow Trump“ with a “‘s load”...
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Kismet wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:38 am

Does that make the GOP the whale while Trumpy is Jonah? :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
It wasn't a biblical reference; more like, the GOP on its knees.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

seacoaster wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:42 am

I thought that reference was pretty clear. :)
Bob Ross:
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:58 am

It comes down to a preference between syrup and jelly.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:13 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:58 am

It comes down to a preference between syrup and jelly.
🤮
Bob Ross:

Return to “POLITICS”