ODAC lax season is on

D3 Mens Lacrosse
Dehuntshigwa’es

Re: ODAC lax season is on

Post by Dehuntshigwa’es »

According to a previous fan ( obviously he’s been in isolation too long) HSC is winning the national championship this season. By seasons end they will not have even won the ODAC title. The only thing stopping Lynchburg this year is some variant of Covid. They almost have as many 5th year players as Duke ( think they have close to 10). I’m just hopeful they all play
SouthernLax

Post by SouthernLax »

Ya know, depending on the school, sometimes ya need 5 years to graduate
Laxfan69

Post by Laxfan69 »

Dehuntshigwa’es wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:46 pm According to a previous fan ( obviously he’s been in isolation too long) HSC is winning the national championship this season. By seasons end they will not have even won the ODAC title. The only thing stopping Lynchburg this year is some variant of Covid. They almost have as many 5th year players as Duke ( think they have close to 10). I’m just hopeful they all play
Lynchvurg’s coaches couldnt coach themselves to a championship in backyard football. Lynchvurg lost there best player on offense, defense, and the middle third of the field (or face offs and clearing for you donkey brains) for the last three years. YOU are ignorant to think they’ll be the same team after a handful of pandemic practices and playing a bunch of 18 yo’s a semester away from being on UVA’s club team.

The only thing stopping lynchvurg this year is any team that can put together a ten man ride and has a decent fogo. Otherwise watch out for Lynchvurg’s super unpredictable three man weave from there middies with a wing attackman floating off the wind. Lynchvurg totally has not been running this exact same offense since 2015.

But I don’t know. I get it. You’re kids a senior this year and you suddenly think it’s different. I appreciate your naive optimism
Dr. Pretorious

Post by Dr. Pretorious »

Laxfan69 wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:10 am
Dehuntshigwa’es wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:46 pm According to a previous fan ( obviously he’s been in isolation too long) HSC is winning the national championship this season. By seasons end they will not have even won the ODAC title. The only thing stopping Lynchburg this year is some variant of Covid. They almost have as many 5th year players as Duke ( think they have close to 10). I’m just hopeful they all play
Lynchvurg’s coaches couldnt coach themselves to a championship in backyard football. Lynchvurg lost there best player on offense, defense, and the middle third of the field (or face offs and clearing for you donkey brains) for the last three years. YOU are ignorant to think they’ll be the same team after a handful of pandemic practices and playing a bunch of 18 yo’s a semester away from being on UVA’s club team.

The only thing stopping lynchvurg this year is any team that can put together a ten man ride and has a decent fogo. Otherwise watch out for Lynchvurg’s super unpredictable three man weave from there middies with a wing attackman floating off the wind. Lynchvurg totally has not been running this exact same offense since 2015.

But I don’t know. I get it. You’re kids a senior this year and you suddenly think it’s different. I appreciate your naive optimism
Wow, just wow ...
Since you mention “donkey brains” you may want to invest in a dictionary, or at least a spell check option.
And speaking of “ignorant”, I see you changed your original post from declaring that CNU (NOT a member of the ODAC ...🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️) as the biggest threat to HSC to now declaring Ohio Wesleyan as being their biggest threat in the conference ...
Hate to break it to you, but OWU isn’t in the ODAC either!

Please stop wasting everyone’s time here.

And good luck with that NC prediction ... (speaking of naive optimism!) 🙄🙄

(Do your parents know you are using the computer at night?)
Nothinbutthelax

Post by Nothinbutthelax »

I look forward to HSC wowing the lax world with their new innovative offense and defenses that don’t lose a step to boring old offenses..

Good luck at GameStop 69
thescottharris

Post by thescottharris »

Big Easy Lax wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 4:07 pm Love to see CNU join the ODAC but they ain't there yet.
They won’t be there until they become a private school.
Big Easy Lax

Post by Big Easy Lax »

Yes, I know that. Just letting Mr 69 down a little easier than some of my fellow posters.
Laxdds

Post by Laxdds »

RMC on an athletic pause until 2/15...uh oh!
thescottharris

Post by thescottharris »

Laxdds wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:52 am RMC on an athletic pause until 2/15...uh oh!
ODAC basketball has been a bit of a disaster, not gonna lie. Feels like there have been more games cancelled than games played at this point.
thescottharris

Post by thescottharris »

thescottharris wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:18 pm
Laxdds wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:52 am RMC on an athletic pause until 2/15...uh oh!
ODAC basketball has been a bit of a disaster, not gonna lie. Feels like there have been more games cancelled than games played at this point.
ANd I would be correct. On the men's side, 42 games played, 71 games cancelled. Though some of the cancelled games were replaced with another opponent, the vast majority of them have not and will not be replaced as it currently stands.

Hasn't been quite as bad on the women's side if you exclude Hollins and Guilford who opted out, 41 games, 27 cancelled.
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

MAC - The SEC of DIII lacrosse.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Can anyone share the big picture on the Shendendoah program? My former football teammate and friend (who also played lacrosse at Hobart) Scott Yoder has been the HC of the football program for a number of years now so I follow their football program but know nothing on their lacrosse program other than they don't seem to be very good since I never hear about them.

Beautiful football stadium, have driven by it probably close to 100x going up/down rte 81 either to 66 when I lived in DC or more recently to pick up I77 down below Roanoke.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Dehuntshigwa’es

Post by Dehuntshigwa’es »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:45 pm Can anyone share the big picture on the Shendendoah program? My former football teammate and friend (who also played lacrosse at Hobart) Scott Yoder has been the HC of the football program for a number of years now so I follow their football program but know nothing on their lacrosse program other than they don't seem to be very good since I never hear about them.

Beautiful football stadium, have driven by it probably close to 100x going up/down rte 81 either to 66 when I lived in DC or more recently to pick up I77 down below Roanoke.
Tough playing in the ODAC, it’s a top heavy conference headed by Lynchburg W&LRoanoke HSC. The other teams in the conference struggle against all 4. Not sure how you break thru and differentiate yourself. Is your campus, academics or athletic facilities superior to the other 4 or unique in some fashion. How’s the coach, he’s been there awhile and from a good program himself. I just think it’s very difficult unless the you bring something special to the party otherwise it’s more of the same. There are countless programs in D3 that can’t get over the hump and become a top 25 program, winning isn’t easy. I personally would love the bottom half of the ODAC rise up
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Thanks.

How does shens facilities compare? Football stadium very nice for D3. Academically,IMO, W&L is in their own tier but seems like Shen is similar to Roanoke and Lynchburg there? I love the entire stretch of 81 from Wytheville to at the end of the state, particularly from north of Blacksburg to front royal.
NJlaxfan88

Post by NJlaxfan88 »

SouthernLax wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:25 pm Ya know, depending on the school, sometimes ya need 5 years to graduate
True, but the 5 returning players at Lynchburg are pursuing Graduate degrees.
HappyGilmore

Post by HappyGilmore »

SouthernLax wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:25 pm Ya know, depending on the school, sometimes ya need 5 years to graduate
I would think that would only apply to a 3 / 2 program where you end up with a masters degree. Other wise you should be able to complete any college degreed program in four years.
laxdad9939

Post by laxdad9939 »

Virginia Weslyean just announced no specators at any outdoor sporting events on campus. Hopefully some of the other ODAC teams will allow specators so we can catch a game in person.

https://vwuathletics.com/news/2021/2/16 ... licy.aspx
thescottharris

Post by thescottharris »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:45 pm Can anyone share the big picture on the Shendendoah program? My former football teammate and friend (who also played lacrosse at Hobart) Scott Yoder has been the HC of the football program for a number of years now so I follow their football program but know nothing on their lacrosse program other than they don't seem to be very good since I never hear about them.

Shenandoah overall is generally not a particularly good athletic department as far as wins and losses go. Baseball is pretty good and field hockey is on a recent upswing, but everything else is a little above average to bad. They've finished in the bottom half to bottom third of the league in the Commissioner's Cup every year since joining.

I don't really get it either, they have some of the best facilities in the league to work with, as far as fields/courts go, and are in a pretty good location being part of the Baltimore-Washinghton MSA. Their new athletics center is top notch too.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

thescottharris wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:57 pm

Shenandoah overall is generally not a particularly good athletic department as far as wins and losses go. Baseball is pretty good and field hockey is on a recent upswing, but everything else is a little above average to bad. They've finished in the bottom half to bottom third of the league in the Commissioner's Cup every year since joining.

I don't really get it either, they have some of the best facilities in the league to work with, as far as fields/courts go, and are in a pretty good location being part of the Baltimore-Washinghton MSA. Their new athletics center is top notch too.
Sometimes it just happens. I know the football program Yoder took over was abysmal and they had even hired a Mt Union assistant before him who didn’t do much.

I know an occasional person might commute from Berryville or Warrenton but seems like a bit of a stretch to call it part of the Wash-Balt MSA. Pretty area just north of the skyline drive but I can’t imagine commuting from there to either DC or Balt from there. Heck when I first moved to DC after college Iived in Centreville VA for a couple of months I thought that was a putrid commute. The town has grown a ton though I think the local bank (First National-FXNC) won’t be there for too long (the Warrenton based bank just sold-Fauquier).
thescottharris

Post by thescottharris »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:33 am
thescottharris wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:57 pm

Sometimes it just happens. I know the football program Yoder took over was abysmal and they had even hired a Mt Union assistant before him who didn’t do much.

I know an occasional person might commute from Berryville or Warrenton but seems like a bit of a stretch to call it part of the Wash-Balt MSA. Pretty area just north of the skyline drive but I can’t imagine commuting from there to either DC or Balt from there. Heck when I first moved to DC after college Iived in Centreville VA for a couple of months I thought that was a putrid commute. The town has grown a ton though I think the local bank (First National-FXNC) won’t be there for too long (the Warrenton based bank just sold-Fauquier).
It's not a stretch, it is literally part of the Baltimore-DC MSA

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”