2021 Rosters Up ?

D1 Mens Lacrosse
shoothi

Re: 2021 Rosters Up ?

Post by shoothi »

Will be interesting to see how the next full season plays out with all these bloated rosters.

For most kids, they go to college to play. With these bloated rosters, that will not happen for many kids, who are used to playing. How are they going to react, what will the coaching staff do to handle these situations, as each one, to a certain degree, is different. We all know team chemistry plays a huge roll in a successful season....this will be tested at several programs.

Time will tell.
bauer4429

Post by bauer4429 »

shoothi wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:55 am Will be interesting to see how the next full season plays out with all these bloated rosters.

For most kids, they go to college to play. With these bloated rosters, that will not happen for many kids, who are used to playing. How are they going to react, what will the coaching staff do to handle these situations, as each one, to a certain degree, is different. We all know team chemistry plays a huge roll in a successful season....this will be tested at several programs.

Time will tell.
I agree. Looks like an active 2021 transfer portal!
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Trickle down. Lots of mid and lower tier teams and high D2 and D3 teams will get some good players who want a chance to actually see field.
You'll see some parity in the coming years.
cuseman4133

Post by cuseman4133 »

After having roughly 23 guys on their roster a few weeks ago, Harvard is down to 16 guys: https://gocrimson.com/sports/mens-lacro ... ?path=mlax
118:24 #HHH
backerzone

Post by backerzone »

WildPride

Post by WildPride »

2021 Villanova Lacrosse Roster:

https://villanova.com/sports/mens-lacrosse/roster

2021: 44 players
2020: 41 players
2019: 40 players
2018: 39 players
DU-fan

Post by DU-fan »

cuseman4133 wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:39 pm After having roughly 23 guys on their roster a few weeks ago, Harvard is down to 16 guys: https://gocrimson.com/sports/mens-lacro ... ?path=mlax
Has anyone done a comparison of posted Ivy roster size across the league?

Is this a case of Ivies not supporting grad students on rosters, spring lacrosse unlikely in the Ivy league, or Gerry Byrne rebuilding and changing the make up and culture of his team?
McGriff

Post by McGriff »

Tonyp2566 wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:22 pm
McGriff wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:09 am Canisius Golden Griffs are up and posted. Freshman and transfers included:

https://gogriffs.com/sports/mens-lacrosse/roster

Does it mean anything that not one of the 6 seniors returned? I'm kind of surprised being honest after seeing how many seniors have returned to most every school as far as I've seen reported on these boards and on '21 rosters being posted.
A couple underclassmen didn’t come back either. Didn’t see anything on them transferring but may have missed it
Confirming what you referenced, that the all everything top recruit from a couple of years ago has also left the program. Michael Wilson sophomore D, Canadian Youth National Team guy is home in Canada & possibly done with NCAA lacrosse. Big loss for the Canisius program. Assuming that's one of the underclassmen you were referencing.
bauer4429

Post by bauer4429 »

McGriff wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:02 pm
McGriff wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:09 am Canisius Golden Griffs are up and posted. Freshman and transfers included:

Does it mean anything that not one of the 6 seniors returned? I'm kind of surprised being honest after seeing how many seniors have returned to most every school as far as I've seen reported on these boards and on '21 rosters being posted.
A couple underclassmen didn’t come back either. Didn’t see anything on them transferring but may have missed it
Confirming what you referenced, that the all everything top recruit from a couple of years ago has also left the program. Michael Wilson sophomore D, Canadian Youth National Team guy is home in Canada & possibly done with NCAA lacrosse. Big loss for the Canisius program. Assuming that's one of the underclassmen you were referencing.
Maybe Canisius didn’t have the scholarship money there to offer the 6 seniors that could have returned. I think that college had posted about a financial deficit. College is expensive and they may not have been able to pay.
McGriff

Post by McGriff »

bauer4429 wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:52 am
McGriff wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:02 pm

Maybe Canisius didn’t have the scholarship money there to offer the 6 seniors that could have returned. I think that college had posted about a financial deficit. College is expensive and they may not have been able to pay.
Very true and very possible for sure. Budget constraints in the ae of COVID are definitely damaging programs behind the scenes too!
bauer4429

Post by bauer4429 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:47 pm Trickle down. Lots of mid and lower tier teams and high D2 and D3 teams will get some good players who want a chance to actually see field.
You'll see some parity in the coming years.
That trickle down will make better D2/D3 teams and will bump out a lot of average players. It will become harder to make teams everywhere.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Harder to make teams, yes. But not impossible.

Having coached at the D3 level and having seen a lot of the mid and lower tier d3s up close and personal, there are plenty of places for kids to play. Lots of schools looking for kids.

Tough on kids in the near term, accepting that they are not at the level they hoped, but I still think it’s good for the overall growth of lax, believe it or not.
bauer4429

Post by bauer4429 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:21 am Harder to make teams, yes. But not impossible.

Having coached at the D3 level and having seen a lot of the mid and lower tier d3s up close and personal, there are plenty of places for kids to play. Lots of schools looking for kids.

Tough on kids in the near term, accepting that they are not at the level they hoped, but I still think it’s good for the overall growth of lax, believe it or not.
Agreed!

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”