MAAC 2020

D1 Mens Lacrosse
Sticksup

Re: MAAC 2020

Post by Sticksup »

Would have been unbelieveable to see Marist win back to back tournaments. I didn't see any team in the conference that could really beat them. Sure anything could have happened especially late on the season. They should be the team to beat again next year. What could have been.
redfoxalum

Post by redfoxalum »

Curious if there are updates around the conference regarding seniors pursuing 5th years or entering the transfer portal, traditional transfers in or out, or coaching staff changes? Haven't seen any MAAC players reported to be in the portal. When the eligibility relief was announced, Jamie Munro was predicting on his podcast that the MAAC and NEC would become de facto farm systems for top teams. That appears to not be anything close to what is transpiring.

Marist has announced the return of 2 seniors, Tierney and Weinman, who were 2 of their top 3 point scorers in the abbreviated 2020 season. That is probably better than they'd hoped to have done in terms of retaining a great senior class for a 5th year. Hopefully circumstances for others allow for their return if that is what they desire. Would also be nice to augment the ssdm and close d groups with a transfer or two as they did in '20 with Stofko.
McGriff

Post by McGriff »

Well, it sounds like most if not all of the seniors are done/not returning at Canisius from what I am hearing. While no Griffs have been reported to be in the portal, I am hearing whispers that a top young pole and two of the GK's are about to enter or will very soon. One upper and one lower class GK. Not sure what kind of financial ground the program and school are on, but the widely circulated Forbes write up that was broken down school by school doesn't paint the best picture for CC or a lot of other Jesuit schools at all levels for what that's worth outside of ND I am sure.

Would not surprise me at all if the program get's pillaged at some point by some of the big(ger) boys in strong(er) conferences. The young GK Bergmann who was freshman AA w/College Crosse and is from mid-west would be a target and If I'm U-Mich and looking for a solid young GK to add to the mix, and of course he is from their own back yard. He impressed me big time in his game vs the Wolverines. 50% svs while seeing 50+ shots overall and little defense in front of him. I would also suggest Jacob Buck would be a transfer target but he is a Rochester kid, it would probably take something special to get him to move or to even consider a move anyplace but Syracuse or Albany.
bauer4429

Post by bauer4429 »

A lot of teams in the MAAC probably don’t have money to offer scholarships to senior players wanting to do a 5th year. With lawsuits starting up against colleges across the country over this crisis who knows which programs will be left standing.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”