Nyrcupbaby

Re: **2020 FanLax Fantasy Lacrosse TWO Draft**

Post by Nyrcupbaby »

Tierney

Hofstra
DU-fan

Post by DU-fan »

Lax1 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:46 pm I chose 5 players before the draft who I considered the top tier of keeper league picks and the only one who has gone without me taking him is Joey Epstein. To be fair, Dyson Williams was my next guy up after the top tier. I get why some people chose to focus more on winning immediately but I'm surprised by some of the picks.
Matt Brandau SO A Yale
Just so we are all on the same page because your keeper comment scares me a little:
admin wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:18 am We're going to have two Fantasy Leagues this season. The tried-and-true (20 Team, Keeper) Fantasy League and a new (TBD # of Teams, Non-Keeper) Fantasy League. The new, Non-Keeper League, thus far, has 8 teams.
Fantasy Lacrosse ONE is Keeper
Fantasy Lacrosse TWO (this league) is a non-Keeper

Matt - Please let us know if this is incorrect.
Lax1

Post by Lax1 »

Ohh man I could’ve sworn i was told at some point that it was a keeper league. Maybe I was wrong. Maybe not. Guess we’ll see. Great pick whoever took Nichtern by the way-I was very close to taking him, actually had him ranked ahead of Brandau. End of the day, I don’t usually watch Army games so I felt like I wouldn’t enjoy having him on my team as much as Brandau
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

It is a keeper league
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Correct. Keeper League. Though, the winner of League TWO takes over the team of the loser of League ONE and vice-versa.
DU-fan

Post by DU-fan »

Well. That changes my strategy. Glad I clarified in Round 2 and not Round 14.... Can we start over? :lol:

So both leagues are Keeper leagues? And the goal is to come in 2nd?
Njlaxx11

Post by Njlaxx11 »

Matt Moore JR A/M (?) UVA

EDIT: I guess he's an attack man now, thats what the roster has him as on their website.
Uklax

Post by Uklax »

OCanada wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:17 pm I didn’t understand Epstein not going first. Well, I do but one web site believes he will put up 90 this year.

In any event my last choice was between Brandau and Williams do there is that. Like the pick
To me Epstein was the 2nd best pick in the draft, just so happened that Ament, the best pick, was still there at my go because number 1 took O'keefe. Otherwise Epstein would have gone at 2 and you wouldn't be having this conversation.....

Personally(and this is just my opinion), the reason Ament for one season is better than epstein for 3 is because of whats around him for this, his final season... This year even if Epstein steps up his game (which everyone thinks he will, myself included), teams will eventually overplay him and sadly he doesn't have the squad around him for teams to worry about. Cole williams being the biggest other threat just isn't enough! Whereas if you overplay Ament, then Okeefe,foulds,kelly and malone will make you pay!! So you can't lock down Ament and therefore he will always get his points!
Also he spent most 4th quarters on the bench due to squad rotation with massive leads and worries he will get injured. If PSU don't get massive leads then he may play an extra quarter of games and therefore his points will increase, he has also had another summer to heal!
Now if this was next year and Ament was still around i think Epstein would be the better pick as Hopkins get some great freshman next year!
To have Ament for this final season due to there being a new league, as the only chance i have to grab him, just feels exciting!!

Brandau i have and love in league 1 so less exciting to have in both :lol: :lol:

Moving on......

My pick is Jeff Teat A Sr Cornell
Uklax

Post by Uklax »

Njlaxx11 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:16 pm Matt Moore JR A/M (?) UVA

EDIT: I guess he's an attack man now, thats what the roster has him as on their website.
Defo Attackman!
Uklax

Post by Uklax »

steelersfanerik wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:19 pm Michael Kraus. Jr. A. VA
Kraus is a senior...
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

Huge amount of talent remaining.

If UK achieves his goal of winning this season he would move to the other league and have twice as ma y chances to win in theory. Then again he might drop back down after one year. Where he would have the best team the previous year and have a chance to win and move back to having two leagues. I am. It taking into account players lost etc. A thought experiment.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

You can't have 2 teams in League ONE.

Keoni picks twice...
Uklax

Post by Uklax »

admin wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:24 am You can't have 2 teams in League ONE.

Keoni picks twice...
So what happens if me or ocanada win the league?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Or NJLax or etc. The next coach in line has the option to switch leagues.
Uklax

Post by Uklax »

admin wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:28 am Or NJLax or etc. The next coach in line has the option to switch leagues.
Oh! Didn't realise this ruling or i may have drafted differently... Oh well will be fun to smash this league year 1 anyway :D
Keoni007

Post by Keoni007 »

Jake Carraway, Georgetown
Connor Schellenberger, UVA
Uklax

Post by Uklax »

Brian Tevlin Yale M Jr
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

NJLax is picking and... Everybody's picked at least once. So... I'm not sending any more reminder e-mails. Most likely...

Picks updated
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

UK I have Tevlin in the other league. Great person as well as player.

You got me again
Uklax

Post by Uklax »

OCanada wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:53 pm UK I have Tevlin in the other league. Great person as well as player.

You got me again
I know you have him other league, with all he graduations I see his numbers going up... that and he won’t be selflessly giving his bone marrow again this soon and missing time!

Return to “2020 D1 MENS FANTASY LACROSSE”