NCAA Tournament

D1 Womens Lacrosse
seacoaster

Re: NCAA Div 1 National Championship Seedings & Sundries

Post by seacoaster »

admin wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 9:50 am We watch the film and have a pretty good idea how the story is going to end and then question whther there'll be a twist or turn and... We knew how the story was going to end. (Though we don't know the exact ending.) We knew it'd be UMD with SU or N'western (SU is better but N'western beat UMD) challenging them in the semis and BC on the other side being challenged by UNC. And it moves from there... That was the right story, it'll be the story, and I'm 100% OK with it because it's a good story.

For what it's worth, I think and hope that UMD and BC are in the final and... whoever wins, wins. That'll be the best story for D1 Women Lacrosse and, arguably, the best story in all lacrosse this spring.
Quarters: I think virtually everyone save Lucky Laxer picked Maryland to win the game with Denver, and LL has his reasons (and a case of beer). The undercard, Syracuse v. Northwestern, is the interesting game. I wish all these games, and this one in particular, could be on a neutral field. You make the last eight teams and have to travel to Evanston? College Park? Syracuse is 16-4 and seems to me to have earned the right to at least not travel to Chicagoland and play in the grim confines of Wildcat-Village. And Denver has to fly a thousand-plus miles to play the Terps. Is it any surprise that the Men's Division 1 quarterfinals are at neutral venues. I understand the reasoning; what other venue can be expected to pay for a women's lacrosse quarterfinal...unless the NCAA dips into the vast reserves of College-Athlete Generated Cash....

Anyway, I think that almost all things are equal with the Syracuse-NU game, save for the venue. I picked Cuse in TOCTM, but I am not optimistic. So instead, we get Round III of Terp-Cat-2019. Which'll go to the Terps.

In the other side, I think Princeton will have to weather the storm that BC typically brings in the first 20 minutes; George will have to really compete at the draw and Princeton's circle players will have to play hard and well against Arsenault, Miller and Sam. I think the draw itself might be even: George is a fighting force and will compete with Apuzzo and Rietano. But BC has what I think is a clear the edge among circle players, particularly Arsenault, who is really a gifted athlete. On offense, Princeton may not be BC, but it has really good players in Sears, D'Orsi and George and decent contributors like Hallack, Mangan and Rogers; they need to be really smart and efficient all game long. But this is BC's game to win.

I think Carolina will kick UVA to the curb. Sorry about that UVA fans. Maybe if Campbell can keep them in it, and they value possession better than they normally do, UVA has a chance. But I'm not seeing it. Here again, is Lucky Laxer the only person in TOCTM to pick the Wahoos?
wlaxnut

Question for you Syracuse fans

Post by wlaxnut »

Seeing as how the Northwestern/Syracuse game is only viewable on BTN2Go, will you be springing for the 10 bucks to watch it?
seacoaster

Re: Question for you Syracuse fans

Post by seacoaster »

wlaxnut wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 6:57 am Seeing as how the Northwestern/Syracuse game is only viewable on BTN2Go, will you be springing for the 10 bucks to watch it?
Probably not. All NCAA games should be free.
wlaxnut

Post by wlaxnut »

seacoaster wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 7:18 am
wlaxnut wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 6:57 am Seeing as how the Northwestern/Syracuse game is only viewable on BTN2Go, will you be springing for the 10 bucks to watch it?
Yes—but we’re not speaking of ideals here—we’re talking about Your Team in the quarterfinals of the NCAA Tournament. That’s worth 10 bucks to me any day. But, I’m not you.

How will you follow the game? Live updates?
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

wlaxnut wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 7:45 am
Yes—but we’re not speaking of ideals here—we’re talking about Your Team in the quarterfinals of the NCAA Tournament. That’s worth 10 bucks to me any day. But, I’m not you.

Nope. I will await a report from one of you folks who are coopted by the B1G's money machine!!
wlaxnut

Post by wlaxnut »

seacoaster wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 7:48 am

Nope. I will await a report from one of you folks who are coopted by the B1G's money machine!!
Knowing that, I’ll do my best to give you a good blow by blow account. Not in real time however, as the BC game takes precedence for me. Hopefully I will be able to start watching the game from the beginning once the BC game is over. If not I’ll probably wait till the Syracuse game is over so that I can watch it from the beginning.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

wlaxnut wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 8:00 am

Knowing that, I’ll do my best to give you a good blow by blow account. Not in real time however, as the BC game takes precedence for me. Hopefully I will be able to start watching the game from the beginning once the BC game is over. If not I’ll probably wait till the Syracuse game is over so that I can watch it from the beginning.
Awesome; thanks.
laxorangebookworm

Post by laxorangebookworm »

The game should be free to watch, so you shouldn't be paying anything to view it. I was watching some of the Northwestern/Notre Dame game last week and I was able to access it without paying anything. Not sure if this game is different, but it shouldn't be.
wlaxnut

Post by wlaxnut »

laxorangebookworm wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 11:39 am

The game should be free to watch, so you shouldn't be paying anything to view it. I was watching some of the Northwestern/Notre Dame game last week and I was able to access it without paying anything. Not sure if this game is different, but it shouldn't be.
Interesting point! Ya hear that, seacoaster?
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

wlaxnut wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 11:51 am
laxorangebookworm wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 11:39 am

Interesting point! Ya hear that, seacoaster?
I did. I'll check when the time comes. Thanks.
Turtles Lax

That’s eleven (11!) CONSECUTIVE...

Post by Turtles Lax »

...final fours for YOUR University of Maryland Terrapins! Boom!

TL is pretty sure that’s a record for any team (any sport?) and TL is realllllllllllllly proud of the coaches and players who were/are part of this terrific achievement.

Go ahead with your bad selves...

Peace, out.

TL
DMac

Post by DMac »

Badlands

Post by Badlands »

Replay of NU/Cuse game is available on BTN2go for free.

https://www.btn2go.com/game/ncaa-quarte ... rthwestern
wlaxnut

Post by wlaxnut »

Leaders (through quarterfinals)

Goals

Apuzzo - 89
Ronbeck - 89
Parrella - 85
Kennedy - 84
Lasota - 82

Assists

Kent - 73
L. Rosenzweig - 70
Hoeg - 69
G. Rosenzweig - 63
Conroy - 55

Larkin - 121
Kent - 118
Apuzzo - 117
L. Rosenzweig - 116
Powers - 110
Turtles Lax

Sure does!

Post by Turtles Lax »

Was not aware of that truly amazing stat ‘til just now.

Twelve (12) consecutive Natty ‘SHIPS. TL will wager that record will never be broken.

Thanks for the info, DMac!

Peace, out.

TL
DMac wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 11:23 pm Does this count?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7nbUvYnahQ
wlaxnut

What did you think of the quarterfinal games yesterday?

Post by wlaxnut »

Boston College looks like they are hitting their stride at the right time. Early on it was a game versus Princeton and then BC’s talent just overwhelmed the Tigers. Abbey Ngai made some great saves during crunch time when Princeton could have clawed their way back into the game. That was encouraging to see. Abbey looks like her old self again. We’ll see how she looks Friday vs The Arch Rival Tar Heels. If BC can get past them I think the title is theirs. But we shall see.

Same old story with Virginia. They just never prove that they want it more than the other team against greater opponents. No heart, no guts, no glory.

Denver looked in over their heads, as expected. Maryland had a nice little scrimmage for themselves in preparation for Friday’s clash of the Big 10 Titans. I think Northwestern is the better team at this point. I think they have more talent and I think they are playing better. They never panicked against Syracuse yesterday when the Orange were mounting a comeback after the weather delay in the 2nd half pulling to within 2 with 8 minutes left. I think they beat Maryland next week.

Anything can happen of course—that’s why the games are played, as they say, but I think we’re looking at a BC Northwestern final with the Eagles finally hoisting the national trophy. That’s my hope, anyway. No predictions, no guarantees, but I think those are the two most talented teams playing their best at this point.
wlaxnut

Another question for Syracuse fans

Post by wlaxnut »

Now that Syracuse is gone--are you rooting for another team? If so--who?
Will you watch the semifinals and final or has your interest left?
seacoaster

Re: Another question for Syracuse fans

Post by seacoaster »

wlaxnut wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 8:53 am Now that Syracuse is gone--are you rooting for another team? If so--who?
Jeez. I am a fan of the sport considerably more than a fan of a team. I'll certainly watch the remaining games. I have to confess I am sort of a "Any Team But UNC" fan at this point. My rooting interest will be with Boston College.
wlaxnut

Re: Another question for Syracuse fans

Post by wlaxnut »

seacoaster wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 8:56 am
wlaxnut wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 8:53 am Now that Syracuse is gone--are you rooting for another team? If so--who?
Jeez. I am a fan of the sport considerably more than a fan of a team. I'll certainly watch the remaining games. I have to confess I am sort of a "Any Team But UNC" fan at this point. My rooting interest will be with Boston College.
Did you watch the whole BC Princeton game yesterday? What were your impressions? What do you think of BC’s chances going forward?
Badlands

Post by Badlands »

One impression is that face guards don’t work on Apuzzo. I’ve actually thought for a while that if a face guard is preventing a player from getting the ball, then either she isn’t working hard enough to get open or her coach doesn’t know what she or he is doing. Of course, some teams don’t mind playing 6 on 6.

The last minutes of the first half through the beginning of the second, BC really showed how great they are when they get it going. They have great feeders, but they are so skilled at cutting around the crease too. In addition, their stick skills are so sharp that they catch most of those balls in heavy traffic and know how to convert. I give Treanor big credit here. That’s her bread and butter, and she’s a tremendous teacher.

Princeton is really good and well coached. I wondered most of the year whether they or Penn were the top Ivy (apologies to the Big Green who are showing great promise) and the Tigers really proved themselves in the post season. Congrats to them on an excellent season.
Last edited by Badlands on Sun May 19, 2019 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”