The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Farfromgeneva

Re: 2024

Post by Farfromgeneva »

old salt wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2024 12:50 am
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2024 3:34 pm
old salt wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2024 3:15 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2024 9:17 am
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2024 8:56 am
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... ghanistan/

Mike Mullen, a retired U.S. Navy admiral, was chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff from 2007 to 2011.
C&S, Old Salt, IY, and Petey and folks like them disagree. Mullen also must not have realized Joe Biden was photographed at ANC in 2010 at a ceremony. Trump is being victimized again.
It wasn't even on Mullen's radar screen in 2010. Nobody gave a sh*t about politicians' photo ops in Sec 60 until it could be weaponozed against Trump.
From the guy who never fails to disappoint. And I helped pay for his education and start in life. Just a dismal, disgraceful POS.
:lol: ...how much did you pay in taxes from 1966 to 1970 ?
DO you understand the concept of rolling debt and deficit spending? It's all fungible.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2024 11:18 am
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2024 9:11 am
NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2024 9:44 pm
youthathletics wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2024 9:40 pm
NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2024 9:10 pm
youthathletics wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2024 8:34 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2024 5:29 pm
youthathletics wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2024 5:10 pm Liz and DIck Cheney voting Kamala....even though LIz said this in 2020. This is sh(t sandwich we are left eating in 2024.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/09/06/politics ... index.html

Well, that must tell you something when two die hard conservatives prefer someone she would describe that way over...you know who.

Doesn't it?

Or is the spin that they're really RINO's and never actually were conservatives?
It does, but don't overlook the obvious, that the left actually gave us something bad as well.
What bad thing did they give us? Is it anywhere close to Trump’s issues? What are bad things about it?
See Liz Cheney’s tweet.
I see nothing of substance or any explanations there, but I expected as much.
YA never says bad stuff about his Orange prophet. But he works really hard dredging up bad things to say about Democrats. With his pals Benny, and Tim and Dave and all their Russian dollars.

The Cheney’s “politics” may be difficult to square with voting for Harris/Walz. But their bedrock belief in a country of laws, and a Constitution, is enough not to vote for Trump and to affirmatively vote for the opposition.
My how the times have changed. On this forum Dick Cheney was always closely compared to Satan himself. To get a pass from the liberal left all he had to do was say he is voting for Harris. I thought Cheney was the architect for the war on terrorism and the invasion of Iraq? You folks remember that little war he helped start that killed and maimed how many service members again? Now all you liberals are ready to take him to the prom. 8-)
Cheney now fits into Lucy Van Pelts definition of wishy -washy, right next to good ole Charlie Brown. :D. Or maybe he is just a block head?
Who gave them a pass? YOu made that up in your delusional head. Literally. This is an enemy of my enemy situation silly No one is supporting dick cheney you are amaking things up completely which is lying or delusion. You cannot find left suport from folks here for Cheney. They are pointing out how true hardcore conservative who respect the country are challenging this movement by these scumbags you implcitly support daily here whether you accpet it or not.

You're school of hard knocks is dumnb straight up. ANd trust me i have an advanced degree from that school as well which you have no idea about let alone my formal real education. YOu need to burn that diploma and open your mind and start asking questions before you get turned awasy at the pearly gate for acting and talking like this.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2024 3:04 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2024 2:30 pm
youthathletics wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2024 5:10 pm Liz and DIck Cheney voting Kamala....even though LIz said this in 2020. This is sh(t sandwich we are left eating in 2024.

Well, that must tell you something when two die hard conservatives prefer someone she would describe that way over...you know who.

Doesn't it?

Or is the spin that they're really RINO's and never actually were conservatives?
It does, but don't overlook the obvious, that the left actually gave us something bad as well.
What bad thing did they give us? Is it anywhere close to Trump’s issues? What are bad things about it?
See Liz Cheney’s tweet.
YA never says bad stuff about his Orange prophet. But he works really hard dredging up bad things to say about Democrats. With his pals Benny, and Tim and Dave and all their Russian dollars.

The Cheney’s “politics” may be difficult to square with voting for Harris/Walz. But their bedrock belief in a country of laws, and a Constitution, is enough not to vote for Trump and to affirmatively vote for the opposition.
My how the times have changed. On this forum Dick Cheney was always closely compared to Satan himself. To get a pass from the liberal left all he had to do was say he is voting for Harris. I thought Cheney was the architect for the war on terrorism and the invasion of Iraq? You folks remember that little war he helped start that killed and maimed how many service members again? Now all you liberals are ready to take him to the prom. 8-)
Cheney now fits into Lucy Van Pelts definition of wishy -washy, right next to good ole Charlie Brown. :D. Or maybe he is just a block head?
That is what has not changed.
Apparently a whole lot of Americans don't have this minimum standard that both parties have always assumed as gospel.
Some of us still do.
That so many do not, SAD.
I think this has little to do with higher standards and everything to do with their hatred of trump. Going into this years election there is very little known about what any of what Kamala Harris stands for policy wise. Since her policies are ever changing like the wind your assuming things you don't know. Caveat Emptor comes to mind. Once and if elected I'm guessing her policies will sync up with her values. ;)
And you don't botyher to wonder what the genesis of the hate is? Silly rabbit with a broken hard knocks degree that's clearly failed you. (Seriously trashing accoplished laywers while throwing your resume out there should end the convo real fast but folks literally dont' bother to defend themselves to you anymore because whats the point in defending themselves to someone completely irrelevant with no accomplishments of substance in 40-50yrs to talk about - half century of irrelvancy literally)

An actual thoughtful person who's worth having a face to face conversation with would understand that the "hatred" which isn't probably the right word unless it's on a personal level, is driven by the destrcution of cilivized and a succesffully funcitoning system for over a century for one fat selfish POS personal beneift only.
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2024 3:20 pm
See Liz Cheney’s tweet.

Who gave them a pass? YOu made that up in your delusional head. Literally. This is an enemy of my enemy situation silly No one is supporting dick cheney you are amaking things up completely which is lying or delusion. You cannot find left suport from folks here for Cheney. They are pointing out how true hardcore conservative who respect the country are challenging this movement by these scumbags you implcitly support daily here whether you accpet it or not.

You're school of hard knocks is dumnb straight up. ANd trust me i have an advanced degree from that school as well which you have no idea about let alone my formal real education. YOu need to burn that diploma and open your mind and start asking questions before you get turned awasy at the pearly gate for acting and talking like this.
He doesn't understand that the Dems aren't with Cheney, but that Cheney is with the Dems.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2024 3:30 pm

Doesn't it?

See Liz Cheney’s tweet.

Apparently a whole lot of Americans don't have this minimum standard that both parties have always assumed as gospel.
Some of us still do.
I think this has little to do with higher standards and everything to do with their hatred of trump. Going into this years election there is very little known about what any of what Kamala Harris stands for policy wise. Since her policies are ever changing like the wind your assuming things you don't know. Caveat Emptor comes to mind. Once and if elected I'm guessing her policies will sync up with her values. ;)
And you don't botyher to wonder what the genesis of the hate is? Silly rabbit with a broken hard knocks degree that's clearly failed you. (Seriously trashing accoplished laywers while throwing your resume out there should end the convo real fast but folks literally dont' bother to defend themselves to you anymore because whats the point in defending themselves to someone completely irrelevant with no accomplishments of substance in 40-50yrs to talk about - half century of irrelvancy literally)

An actual thoughtful person who's worth having a face to face conversation with would understand that the "hatred" which isn't probably the right word unless it's on a personal level, is driven by the destrcution of cilivized and a succesffully funcitoning system for over a century for one fat selfish POS personal beneift only.
There you go again... :roll:
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Doesn't it?

See Liz Cheney’s tweet.

Some of us still do.
They despise Trump for all the reasons I do and clearly see him as an existential threat to the Constitution and rule of law, again as I do.

And that minimum standard, respect for Constitution and rule of law, distinctly separates Trump/MAGA cultists from all sorts of Americans including "RINOs", independents, and Dems.

There are undoubtedly some anarchists and extreme lefties who would fall into that same explicitly anti-American bucket as do Trump and his fascist cultists, but Harris/Walz, or Obama or Biden or Pelosi or Schumer or Jeffries or AOC etc most definitely do not. Democratic Governors and most Republican Governors (with only a couple of notable exceptions) do not.

The question for Republicans and former Republicans is who will stand for the Constitution and rule of law, putting country over party? The Cheneys have now explicitly done so, the Bush's clearly feel the same way, the McCain family and Mitt Romney and his wife and kids, etc have done so...

They needn't like Harris' policies to make an affirmative decision to vote against Trump.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2024 3:39 pm

Doesn't it?

See Liz Cheney’s tweet.

Some of us still do.

Do you have a volatile angry smokeshow faliing around on the hood of your car? I didn't think so. Yeah...Here I Go Again as David Coverale sang it long ago still afrter your relevence died.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyF8RHM1OCg

There's folks who keep moving and doing things and learning who get the honey and there's folks who stopped moving ages ago
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2024 3:41 pm

Doesn't it?

See Liz Cheney’s tweet.

Some of us still do.
They despise Trump for all the reasons I do and clearly see him as an existential threat to the Constitution and rule of law, again as I do.

And that minimum standard, respect for Constitution and rule of law, distinctly separates Trump/MAGA cultists from all sorts of Americans including "RINOs", independents, and Dems.

There are undoubtedly some anarchists and extreme lefties who would fall into that same explicitly anti-American bucket as do Trump and his fascist cultists, but Harris/Walz, or Obama or Biden or Pelosi or Schumer or Jeffries or AOC etc most definitely do not. Democratic Governors and most Republican Governors (with only a couple of notable exceptions) do not.

The question for Republicans and former Republicans is who will stand for the Constitution and rule of law, putting country over party? The Cheneys have now explicitly done so, the Bush's clearly feel the same way, the McCain family and Mitt Romney and his wife and kids, etc have done so...

They needn't like Harris' policies to make an affirmative decision to vote against Trump.
Great post. This is exactly right. The GOP has so far deviated from the irreducible minimum standards — adherence to the rule of law, respect for electoral outcomes, and reverence for the Constitution — that even arch-conservative people understand that the “policy” differences of supporting a Democrat are almost an afterthought.

And meanwhile, much of the GOP and its social media functionaries are energetically participating in an illegal foreign influence operation for a murderous autocrat.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Doesn't it?

See Liz Cheney’s tweet.

Some of us still do.

Nobody even knows what Harris' policies might look like. Looks like the Chenys are following the path of blind obedience. There are a lot of people including myself that think Bush and Cheney sorta sidestepped the Constitution so Bush could settle a grudge with Saddam Hussein. That was a long time ago wasn't it? And dammit Saddam really needed to go... Cheney could have been non committal and said he couldn't in good conscience vote for either candidate. The enemy of my enemy must be my friend it looks like? ;) I would have a hard time believing that Liz and her dad would ever support any of a Kamala Harris agenda with any degree of optimism. They just decided they are willing to go a long for ride.
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2024 3:49 pm

Doesn't it?

See Liz Cheney’s tweet.

Some of us still do.

Do you have a volatile angry smokeshow faliing around on the hood of your car? I didn't think so. Yeah...Here I Go Again as David Coverale sang it long ago still afrter your relevence died.

There's folks who keep moving and doing things and learning who get the honey and there's folks who stopped moving ages ago
And there you go again... :D
Bob Ross:
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2024 4:20 pm

Doesn't it?

See Liz Cheney’s tweet.

Some of us still do.

Just saying Tawny wouldlve been taken care of enough she didn't feel the need to whip my a** like she did with Chuck Finley

And here I go again on my own
Going down the only road I've ever known
Like a drifter, I was born to walk alone
And I've made up my mind
I ain't wasting no more time
But here I go again
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2024 4:35 pm

Doesn't it?

See Liz Cheney’s tweet.

Some of us still do.

Just saying Tawny wouldlve been taken care of enough she didn't feel the need to whip my a** like she did with Chuck Finley

And I've made up my mind
But here I go again
I'm reminded of a former moderator who use to quote Yogi Berra.
When you come to that fork in the road...take it!
Bob Ross:
njbill

Post by njbill »

They called Dick Cheney Darth Vader for a reason. There are few more despicable human beings in American political history than Dick Cheney. He shot a guy in the face and laughed about it for goodness sake.

I believe his daughter has taken a principled position. Dick, on the other hand, has no principles, ethics, or morals. He said what he said simply to stick it up Trump’s ass because he hates Trump because Trump has been critical of him.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2024 4:51 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2024 4:35 pm

Doesn't it?

See Liz Cheney’s tweet.

Some of us still do.

And I've made up my mind
But here I go again
I'm reminded of a former moderator who use to quote Yogi Berra.
When you come to that fork in the road...take it!
I'll bet you do live by the philosophy of Yogi Berra. All those Yankees everyone loved were alcoholic monsters by the way. My uncle bowled with a bunch of them weekly for a couple of years in the early 60s. Don't recall all the names but Bobby Richardson was one, no mantle, maris but whitey ford would be there. Drunks and scumabags basically. But you are the real moral arbiter here.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2024 4:12 pm

Doesn't it?

See Liz Cheney’s tweet.

Some of us still do.

Nobody even knows what Harris' policies might look like. Looks like the Chenys are following the path of blind obedience. There are a lot of people including myself that think Bush and Cheney sorta sidestepped the Constitution so Bush could settle a grudge with Saddam Hussein. That was a long time ago wasn't it? And dammit Saddam really needed to go... Cheney could have been non committal and said he couldn't in good conscience vote for either candidate. The enemy of my enemy must be my friend it looks like? ;) I would have a hard time believing that Liz and her dad would ever support any of a Kamala Harris agenda with any degree of optimism. They just decided they are willing to go a long for ride.
Boy, you make zero sense.

“Blind obedience”? To whom?

Plenty to critique about Dick Cheney, but there’s no way he’s voting against Trump because he doesn’t like the guy personally or his feelings were somehow hurt by some criticism. He’s had critics his whole career and he’s never been thin skinned about any of that.

Liz voted for Trump in 2016 as did Dick undoubtedly. They are arch conservatives, and die hard Republicans. But Jan 6 changed everything for them. And what Trump has done since has only deepened their conviction that Trump and his ilk are an existential threat to the core principles of the country and our democracy. And whatever else they may be, they are country first.

So, whatever trepidations about policy they likely have, those concerns are obviously overwhelmed by a much greater concern. They very well likely believe that if Harris governs way to the left, voters will respond appropriately. They don’t have confidence that Trump will not destroy the capacity of voters to decide elections at all. Easy choice if you think voters deciding over and over again in free and fair elections actually matters.

Some people don’t…and simply want their way, whatever it takes. No holds barred.

As to any sidestep of the Constitution, what do you mean…exactly?
I don’t see it.
njbill

Post by njbill »

He could have voted for her without saying anything (this is if you believe what he is saying; I don’t), but he has taken it a step further by announcing publicly. Yes, he is doing that to jam it up Trump’s ass. The two have been feuding for years.

You are lumping the Cheneys together. Hard to believe you are defending this guy.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

njbill wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2024 8:15 pm He could have voted for her without saying anything (this is if you believe what he is saying; I don’t), but he has taken it a step further by announcing publicly. Yes, he is doing that to jam it up Trump’s ass. The two have been feuding for years.

You are lumping the Cheneys together. Hard to believe you are defending this guy.
I'm not defending that guy. I'm not defending Cheney either. I understand why he wants to jam it up trumps rump. I also understand that Cheney represents the old boys network of Republicans that you've been enamored with your entire life. I also understand that Bush/Cheney started this effing idiotic war in Iraq that has devastated America to the core. I also understand that Dick Cheney has no moral authority to judge anyone without looking in the mirror first. If you had been around our previous forum you would understand better. Our present day forum members eviscerated Cheney on a daily basis. Today they eviscerate trump with as much passion. I also understand your willing to forgive Bush/Cheney for their debacle in Iraq. where Americans are still in harms way still today. That is mighty forgiving of you. Why don't you judge Bush/Cheney as harshly as you judge trump. I understand that trump never started a war that cost so many American lives and maimed tens of thousands of others. You must be so very proud of what Bush/Cheney did to our country? :roll:
Bob Ross:
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2024 6:34 pm

Doesn't it?

See Liz Cheney’s tweet.

Some of us still do.

Plenty to critique about Dick Cheney, but there’s no way he’s voting against Trump because he doesn’t like the guy personally or his feelings were somehow hurt by some criticism. He’s had critics his whole career and he’s never been thin skinned about any of that.

Liz voted for Trump in 2016 as did Dick undoubtedly. They are arch conservatives, and die hard Republicans. But Jan 6 changed everything for them. And what Trump has done since has only deepened their conviction that Trump and his ilk are an existential threat to the core principles of the country and our democracy. And whatever else they may be, they are country first.

So, whatever trepidations about policy they likely have, those concerns are obviously overwhelmed by a much greater concern. They very well likely believe that if Harris governs way to the left, voters will respond appropriately. They don’t have confidence that Trump will not destroy the capacity of voters to decide elections at all. Easy choice if you think voters deciding over and over again in free and fair elections actually matters.

Some people don’t…and simply want their way, whatever it takes. No holds barred.

I don’t see it.
Happy I could start a civil conversation....until seacoaster chimed in; just can't help himself. I've said plenty on not liking Trump, so much so, he forced me to pull my damned card to the R party. You should consider being as critical to your party affiliation as you are of me...maybe some light would creep in. Dick Cheney and Bedrock of Laws is an oxymoron :lol:

Cheney is the probably the biggest war supporter in history. He doesn't give a sh{t about the collateral damage of humans. His companies practically/literally ran the war as if he were Sam Walton on each military institution. He makes John Bolton look like Greta Thunberg. Of course he would not support Trump, if Trumps ultimate goal is to not fire a bullet or send our military across the pond for profit. Not to mention, Trump would have clear access to intel which showed the GWOT was pushed by the war machine.

Harris is your typical political schill, bought and sold to elevate oneself....her Peter Principle was revealed when she started to run for POTUS and everyone saw firsthand how bad she was. Now she is a godsend, for the sole reason she is NOT Trump....talk about the cognitive dissonance options we have on full display.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2024 9:59 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2024 6:34 pm

Doesn't it?

See Liz Cheney’s tweet.

Some of us still do.

I don’t see it.
Happy I could start a civil conversation....until seacoaster chimed in; just can't help himself. I've said plenty on not liking Trump, so much so, he forced me to pull my damned card to the R party. You should consider being as critical to your party affiliation as you are of me...maybe some light would creep in. Dick Cheney and Bedrock of Laws is an oxymoron :lol:

Cheney is the probably the biggest war supporter in history. He doesn't give a sh{t about the collateral damage of humans. His companies practically/literally ran the war as if he were Sam Walton on each military institution. He makes John Bolton look like Greta Thunberg. Of course he would not support Trump, if Trumps ultimate goal is to not fire a bullet or send our military across the pond for profit. Not to mention, Trump would have clear access to intel which showed the GWOT was pushed by the war machine.

Harris is your typical political schill, bought and sold to elevate oneself....her Peter Principle was revealed when she started to run for POTUS and everyone saw firsthand how bad she was. Now she is a godsend, for the sole reason she is NOT Trump....talk about the cognitive dissonance options we have on full display.
👍 As always very well stated. For years on these forums Dick Cheney was lambasted and ridiculed for the very reasons you point out. Who knew that all it would take was saying your voting for Harris and the libs have a mad crush on him all of a sudden. :D I almost choked this morning when Kamala cheerfully stated she was so proud to have Dick and Liz supporting her. It makes me wonder if Dick is thinking he's not too old to be her SecDef? Dick is always willing to sacrifice our military especially if there is 💰 in it for him down the road. :roll:
Bob Ross:
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

👍 As always very well stated. For years on these forums Dick Cheney was lambasted and ridiculed for the very reasons you point out. Who knew that all it would take was saying your voting for Harris and the libs have a mad crush on him all of a sudden. :D I almost choked this morning when Kamala cheerfully stated she was so proud to have Dick and Liz supporting her. It makes me wonder if Dick is thinking he's not too old to be her SecDef? Dick is always willing to sacrifice our military especially if there is 💰 in it for him down the road. :roll:

Do when did that opinion enter your brain. I don’t recall you ever making that claim before, she should be proud to get his endorsement and right fully so since her opponent id a career criminal with no moral core, a standard you do not share

Return to “POLITICS”